• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Robin
Chance:50%
He has the uniqueness and the importance with him, and was in Awakening and other avatar characters were in other Fire Emblem games, thus he has a fairly good chance.

Want:50%
He'd be unique and he's not Chrom. I used to support him alot more until I found out how awesome Lucina is.

Lucina:70%
One of the main characters (and one of the two lords) of Awakening. She has as much importance as Chrom and Robin, and can be very unique. She fights almost nothing like Marth, and Sakurai refuses to have two different characters in the same slot (like having Dr.Mario as Mario's alt) so she has little chance of being a Marth clone and has no chance being an alt for Marth. She's also more promoted than Chrom is, so that's a definite plus. And if you believe in the Sal leak, one could easily mix Lucina and Chrom up if only heard about them (such as the tipper hearing a blue-haired lord from Awakening)

Want:85%
Definitely one of my most wanted Fire Emblem characters, and up there with Roy for a playable character for me. And she's not Chrom.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Robin: 22%
Want: 88%

Lucina: 11%
Want: 99%

Out of the remaining fire emblem characters:
Anna>Lucina>Robin>Micaiah>everybody else>Chrom>Roy is my opinion.
I like pretty much all fire emblem characters, and these 2 are both popular and important to the most popular and important fire emblem game.
But I doubt them both now because of Gematsu.
Oh well, I bet they'll make Chrom unique. It sounds crazy, but I think it will happen. Another thing that's not impossible is 4 Fire emblem characters. I think it's very unlikely, and I'd bet money on 3, but I still think 5 is more likely than a measly 2. I think only having Marth and Ike is impossible.

Bandana Dee: 19%
You guys are going to overrate this nobody again. Heh, I'm willing to bet some of those ridiculous 70s from before will get higher because of the new Kirby game... Even though it won't be affecting smash bros. I mean, have we even seen any Triple Deluxe content? Well, based Sakurai is focusing on Kid Icarus this time, sorry, this guy is nothing compared to Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Pit, and Palutena.
Let me guess, you're going to invite a bunch of biased Bandana Dee fans so they can flood the thread with 50+ ratings? What a great weapon. I just can't wait to see his completely inaccurate final score.

Captain Toad: 4%
Pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. But he has close to no chance since Toad is semi-deconfirmed and well, why would they pick him over Toad? We don't have any 3d world content yet, and this game was obviously a result of the great reactions his mini games got back in December.
If these 2 were Pokemon, I'd consider them. But choosing Pokemon works differently so Greninja doesn't help them and I find Sceptile to be more likely than these 2, and he's not even likely.
Overall, we're down to the final characters and a Kirby newcomer seems basically impossible and there are 2 obvious Mario frontrunners- and their names are not captain toad.
Let's not rage in this thread. :p

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Robin

Chance: Abstain
Want: Abstain

Lucina

Chance: 20%
Situation doesn't favor her right now. The nerd lord who's wire tapped the development studio is on a roll and I'm deathly afraid he'll be on point again. Here's to hoping he was drinking when he posted his latest leak.

Want: 100%
She has blue hair and obviously uses a sword, but has that cool left eye. Definitely want. Bottomline, Lucina is a total boss, a mega-level digimon, and should get in. I don't care how they do it. If they have to fuse her with Chrom, so be it. Chromcina, no longer just a conversation-stopping ship, but the ultimate being.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Robin

Chance: Abstain
Want: Abstain

Lucina

Chance: 20%
Situation doesn't favor her right now. The nerd lord who's wire tapped the development studio is on a roll and I'm deathly afraid he'll be on point again. Here's to hoping he was drinking when he posted his latest leak.

She has blue hair and obviously uses a sword, but has that cool left eye. Definitely want. Bottomline, Lucina is a total boss, a mega-level digimon, and should get in. I don't care how they do it. If they have to fuse her with Chrom, so be it. Chromcina, no longer just a conversation-stopping ship, but the ultimate being.
cervantes-is-the-man.jpg

What about Robynn or Morbin or this ultimate lifeform?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Want: 95%
Did you know there's more to FE outside anime swordsmen with blue hair? If you just got your knowledge from Smash then you might not. Let's fix this by adding another aspect to the series than a character who was purposely created to be a mix of the two most popular Lords; both of whom are confirmed to return in Smash 4.
Well, if you read the trophies, you'd know that is more to the series than that.

Not being serious, don't worry. :p

Robin
Chance:50%
He has the uniqueness and the importance with him, and was in Awakening and other avatar characters were in other Fire Emblem games, thus he has a fairly good chance.

Want:50%
He'd be unique and he's not Chrom. I used to support him alot more until I found out how awesome Lucina is.

Lucina:70%
One of the main characters (and one of the two lords) of Awakening. She has as much importance as Chrom and Robin, and can be very unique. She fights almost nothing like Marth, and Sakurai refuses to have two different characters in the same slot (like having Dr.Mario as Mario's alt) so she has little chance of being a Marth clone and has no chance being an alt for Marth. She's also more promoted than Chrom is, so that's a definite plus. And if you believe in the Sal leak, one could easily mix Lucina and Chrom up if only heard about them (such as the tipper hearing a blue-haired lord from Awakening)

Want:85%
Definitely one of my most wanted Fire Emblem characters, and up there with Roy for a playable character for me. And she's not Chrom.
How many FE characters are you expecting in total?

No, really. You're saying that there's a 35% (about 1 in 3) chance of getting both Lucina and Robin.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Let's not rage in this thread. :p
Rage?
No, I'm not planning on any of that. Save this post for when it actually happens tomorrow.
If he does invite those people like I'm guessing, that's bound to happen.
Hey, I don't like it either. Hopefully the day can go like it did last time, with no "secret weapons" involved.
Last rating was a step in the right direction, so maybe things will turn out alright, I'm just not setting my expectations too high.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Robin

Chance:
-Main Roster: 30%
-DLC: 65%

The Gematsu leak is looking increasingly true...but I wouldn't rule Robin out yet. I've been analyzing what we know about the leak, and I think there're some potential questions about it. For one, there's a good chance the source's information isn't necessarily false, but outdated. There's also the question of why Chrom would be kept secret for this long, and if there could be a reason why. Sakurai mentioned at one of the roundtables that some characters were "still being discussed", which when combined with the previous arguments...who knows?

Even if Chrom still makes the cut after all, there's also a slim chance Fire Emblem has become popular enough lately to get 4 reps. It's unlikely, yeah, but if we do end up with a 51-character roster, it might just happen.

There's also DLC to consider, which according to the leak, is a thing. We know so far that they haven't given any special treatment to veteran characters, which increases the chance that any DLC would be character that flat out didn't make the original roster, or characters who only became relevant after the roster was in-name finalized. If Fire Emblem were to get a 4th rep via DLC, Robin embodies so many of the other aspects of the series, as a swords-and-magic hybrid (when Smash has few spellcasters) who focuses on strategy and always being one step ahead of the enemy, to represent Fire Emblem better than any other character could.

Have I mentioned I really like spell-sword characters, tactical characters, and Awakening in general? >_>

(Also, for those who haven't played the game: Robin is not just a self-insert. He/She is a fully formed character with his/her own personality--albeit one that's very gamer-like--and fully exists in-universe in a way that becomes very important as the game goes on. While players can customize Robin's appearance, the default look with the white hair appears in the concept art and is generally considered the "canon" one. We know already from the Wii Fit Trainer and Villager that both male and female versions of Robin could be playable, and since the Villager's hairstyle, hair color, and face change between colors, Robin could do the same. Avatar title or not, Robin is no more of a surrogate for the player than Link is, and is less of one than the Villager, who doesn't even have a default name.)

Lucina
Chance:
-Main Roster: 20%
-As Character Alternate: 70%
-DLC: 25%

I think Lucina's issues are twofold.

First is the fact that by her nature, she's another sword-wielder. Not only would she run the same risk as Chrom of feeling like a half-clone of Marth or Ike, it'd also likely mean Fire Emblem would still be represented by nothing but pure swordsmen, which is the main problem most people have with Chrom. For all the developers have said about character uniqueness, they'd run into the same snags with Lucina that they'd have with Chrom.

Secondly is that her significance in Awakening's story is a spoiler. I realize Sakurai hasn't let that stop him in the past with Zelda transforming to Sheik, Porky showing up as a boss in SSE, and now the Palutena trailer namedropping the Chaos Kin...but I think time is a factor here. In the previous cases, it was close to two years or longer after the games were released. Awakening has barely been out for one in most of the world.

I think they'll still want her to show up in some form, though. But considering those two points, I think it's more likely she'll appear as Masked Marth as an alternate costume for Marth or (if he's in) Chrom.

Want: 40%

I'm not super into the idea of Fire Emblem getting repped by more blue-haired swordsmen, you know? But at the same time, another female character isn't a bad thing, and she's pretty well loved by the fanbase.

And with the backstory she has, it's pretty hard not to sympathize with her.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Robin
Chance 50%
Robin is one of those characters who I feel would be great for the game, however the current situation, while not bleek, is not in his/her favor either. It mostly depends on weither or not the Sal leak is correct and weither or not FE would get 4 character slots. Personally, I think Awakening would deserve a two character representation especially with the epic Bromance/Romance of Chrom and Robin, but I feel giving a chance higher than 50% would be unrealistic of me.

Want 100%
Before I played Awakening all I really wanted was Mega Man, Isaac and Travis Touchdown (and I kinda knew the latter was unlikely if not doomed).
After I played Awakening and especially after I found out about the Robin thread here on Smashboards, he/she quickly climbed to my most wanted new Smash character. There are a lot of ways of how to make him/her unique and they would thus be a prime example of a character that uses some of Smash 4's new character attributes: Alternative skins (Male, Female with different hair styles and Hooded), 12 Special moveset like Palutena and Miis (representing Class change)... And honestly, Robin is a pretty damn cool character in his/her own right and the deuteragonist of Awakening.
Well, there'd also be "represents the series with something other than blue haired swordsman", but that argument probably was already mentioned enough ;)

Lucina
Chance 30%
Want: 50%
After the Sal leak was proven to be at least to be an outdated partial information, if not true, I don't really think Lucina will make an appearance in Smash 4 outside an AT, FS or Trophy.
However, Lucina would still be a cool alternative to the Chrom to at least slightly loosening the "blue haired male swordsman" trope and she is a very cool character on her own right. I'd still have a lot of other characters on my most wanted list before her, but she wouldn't be a dissapointment at all.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, if you read the trophies, you'd know that is more to the series than that.

Not being serious, don't worry. :p

How many FE characters are you expecting in total?

No, really. You're saying that there's a 35% (about 1 in 3) chance of getting both Lucina and Robin.
3-4 characters, I base each character off of just their merits, and don't heed anything towards getting both, because if I did that, I'd probably have 0% on every character.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'll rate the pair together since their fates are pretty well intertwined.

(Chrom - 75%)
Lucina - 20%
Robin - 0%
(No Awakening Rep - 5%)

First off, the obvious: with Chrom being named in the Gematsu leak as a newcomer, by far the most likely scenario is that he gets in, and if he's in, there's little to no reason to believe a second Awakening newcomer would join him. For Lucina or Robin to get into the base game, they have to kick out an in-development Chrom. Simple enough, right?

The road for Lucina to usurp her father is pretty clear cut. She contends with him for most popular Awakening character, she brings much-needed diversity to FE representation in Smash that Chrom wouldn't, and most importantly, she shares the exact same skillset. Changing plans to use Lucina instead of Chrom would be downright easy since her moveset/gameplay would remain identical, only requiring some changes in model/animations/audio to properly suit her. Granted this also makes her being a costume of Chrom more likely than her being the rep (and I do think there's a strong chance that particular scenario happens), but it's a change I could absolutely see happening, especially knowing Ike is back making two blue-haired male lords already on the roster.

The road for Robin is far worse: in fact, per my rating, it's downright impossible. Where Lucina is a relatively easy swap from the already in-development Chrom, Robin would have to be built from the ground-up focusing on his/her Tactician abilities. At best they could reuse some of the moves intended for Chrom in Robin's moveset, but the addition of magic especially would mandate a dramatically different direction for the character. It's a crazy amount of work to take on mid-development for a character that isn't as popular as Chrom nor Lucina, the kind of decision I just can't see any sane development team making. If they really felt that strongly about including Robin they could maybe include him/her as a DLC character down the road, but for the disc? I can't see it happening at this point.

All three of these characters had strong claims to being in SSB4, and while the sentiment has long been that Chrom would likely take the spot, it's been difficult to say for sure what might happen. Thanks to the Gematsu leak, though, I think we can finally say that at least one of these characters is out of the running for the disc. The big remaining question is how will Lucina be included, if at all, and I'm tremendously curious to see if she makes it in as a Chrom costume or if she can manage to steal the spotlight altogether.

Lucina Want - 100% - My favorite Awakening character, and considering how much I've enjoyed FE characters in Smash in the past, I'm definitely all for having another.

Robin Want - 75% - As cool as a plot point Robin was, he/she didn't really stick out much as an actual character compared to many others in the cast. That said, a Tactician would surely make for a much more interesting Smash character than Chrom/Lucina could, so I'd definitely be excited if I'm proven wrong and he/she ends up in Smash.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Robin

Chance:
-Main Roster: 30%
-DLC: 65%

The Gematsu leak is looking increasingly true...but I wouldn't rule Robin out yet. I've been analyzing what we know about the leak, and I think there're some potential questions about it. For one, there's a good chance the source's information isn't necessarily false, but outdated. There's also the question of why Chrom would be kept secret for this long, and if there could be a reason why. Sakurai mentioned at one of the roundtables that some characters were "still being discussed", which when combined with the previous arguments...who knows?

Even if Chrom still makes the cut after all, there's also a slim chance Fire Emblem has become popular enough lately to get 4 reps. It's unlikely, yeah, but if we do end up with a 51-character roster, it might just happen.

There's also DLC to consider, which according to the leak, is a thing. We know so far that they haven't given any special treatment to veteran characters, which increases the chance that any DLC would be character that flat out didn't make the original roster, or characters who only became relevant after the roster was in-name finalized. If Fire Emblem were to get a 4th rep via DLC, Robin embodies so many of the other aspects of the series, as a swords-and-magic hybrid (when Smash has few spellcasters) who focuses on strategy and always being one step ahead of the enemy, to represent Fire Emblem better than any other character could.

Have I mentioned I really like spell-sword characters, tactical characters, and Awakening in general? >_>

(Also, for those who haven't played the game: Robin is not just a self-insert. He/She is a fully formed character with his/her own personality--albeit one that's very gamer-like--and fully exists in-universe in a way that becomes very important as the game goes on. While players can customize Robin's appearance, the default look with the white hair appears in the concept art and is generally considered the "canon" one. We know already from the Wii Fit Trainer and Villager that both male and female versions of Robin could be playable, and since the Villager's hairstyle, hair color, and face change between colors, Robin could do the same. Avatar title or not, Robin is no more of a surrogate for the player than Link is, and is less of one than the Villager, who doesn't even have a default name.)

Lucina
Chance:
-Main Roster: 20%
-As Character Alternate: 70%
-DLC: 25%

I think Lucina's issues are twofold.

First is the fact that by her nature, she's another sword-wielder. Not only would she run the same risk as Chrom of feeling like a half-clone of Marth or Ike, it'd also likely mean Fire Emblem would still be represented by nothing but pure swordsmen, which is the main problem most people have with Chrom. For all the developers have said about character uniqueness, they'd run into the same snags with Lucina that they'd have with Chrom.

Secondly is that her significance in Awakening's story is a spoiler. I realize Sakurai hasn't let that stop him in the past with Zelda transforming to Sheik, Porky showing up as a boss in SSE, and now the Palutena trailer namedropping the Chaos Kin...but I think time is a factor here. In the previous cases, it was close to two years or longer after the games were released. Awakening has barely been out for one in most of the world.

I think they'll still want her to show up in some form, though. But considering those two points, I think it's more likely she'll appear as Masked Marth as an alternate costume for Marth or (if he's in) Chrom.

Want: 40%

I'm not super into the idea of Fire Emblem getting repped by more blue-haired swordsmen, you know? But at the same time, another female character isn't a bad thing, and she's pretty well loved by the fanbase.

And with the backstory she has, it's pretty hard not to sympathize with her.
Summed up my thoughts on this topic perfectly.

Morbi

Scavenger
Lucina Chance: 33%
Lucina Want: 100%

Robin Chance: 33%
Robin Want: 100%

It is apparent and overt that we are to receive an Awakening representative (@Johnknight1 ); however, there is nothing objective to determine which character that might be. It is obviously between Chrom, Lucina, and Robin. Ideally, their chances are equivalent. I support all three characters.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Robin
Chance: 2%
I'm confused as to how to rate her want. I'd rather her have her instead of Chrom, but I don't want both. I'll just leave it here for now.

Lucina
Want: 0%

@ False Sense False Sense , Usually I rate characters in such a way. But Chrom is very likely, and I'd rather not have both Chrom and Robin in this Smash because I wouldn't want too much development time devoted to two reps from one Fire Emblem game that I have yet to play.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Robin
I'm confused as to how to rate her want. I'd rather her have her instead of Chrom, but I don't want both. I'll just leave it here for now.

Lucina: Chance 2%
Want: 0%
You could rate Robin's want score based on how much you want Robin alone, and ignore other potential newcomers.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Lucina:
Chance: 1%
I'm certain Chrom will be the only FE newcomer.
Want: 90%
I've always loved Lucina in Awakening. Not to mention a perfect female character. I give her only 90% because it is another FE sword character.

Robin:
Chance:1%
Same as before.
Want: 25%
Eh, not really interested.

Predictions:

Bandanna Dee: 7%
Captain Toad: 7%

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Robin

Chance — 45%
Want — 80%

As one of the three main characters of Awakening, Robin stands above for diversity. Robin is either a female or male, and as a tactician, has access to both staves and swords. Thus, he offers more to the table than the other FE reps. In addition, Robin comes from a intriguing background: he/she's the offspring of the main antagonist of the game and... can turn into the dragon Grima himself! That would obviously be his/her final smash, and I know Sakurai would hop on it if Robin was a character.​

Lucina

Chance — 65%
Want — 100%

Arguably the most favored out of the three main characters of Awakening, Lucina outclasses Chrom in numerous ways while Chrom has things working against him which will be discussed later on. Foremost, it is undeniable that Intelligent Systems favors Awakening's beloved heroine.

Let's begin with Lucina's prominence in Fire Emblem Awakening. Marketing-wise, Lucina is the face of the official Japanese Fire Emblem Awakening soundtrack and art book, has her own DLC dedicated to her backstory, and has her own figure in the works (the only other character having this being another one of Awakening's most popular females, Tharja). Masked Marth is plastered on Awakening's packaging and promotional images and shares equal prominence to Chrom.

Lucina has been hinted to be included in the Smash Bros. franchise somehow, considering her presence as an Amiibo icon. But at the very least, her Amiibo icon further suggests her favor over Chrom if used to represent FE's upcoming game for Wii U, SMTxFE. But perhaps a greater hint for the heroine is the confirmed map Arena Ferox, where Lucina is literally the boss at. Another point I turn to is the fact that Marth got nerf'd. If Lucina was in the game, I'd expect her to be the fastest FE representative. Chrom cannot hold this position due to having the same build as Marth and is seemingly more bulky. Chrom would have to be a Marth twin or sitting in the close gap between Marth and Ike.

Most importantly, Lucina brings to the table the much-needed female representation for the diverse world of Fire Emblem. Lyndis could have fulfilled the task but ended up as an assist trophy. No, Fire Emblem is not run by exclusively blue-haired swordsmen, which would be the message if the the roster was Chrom, Marth, and Ike. I doubt Sakuari or IS would allow this.

It would be an injustice to pick Chrom over Lucina for both SSB4 and Fire Emblem.​

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Robin

Chance — 45%
Want — 80%

As one of the three main characters of Awakening, Robin stands above for diversity. Robin is either a female or male, and as a tactician, has access to both staves and swords. Thus, he offers more to the table than the other FE reps. In addition, Robin comes from a intriguing background: he/she's the offspring of the main antagonist of the game and... can turn into the dragon Grima himself! That would obviously be his/her final smash, and I know Sakurai would hop on it if Robin was a character.​

Lucina

Chance — 65%
Want — 100%

Arguably the most favored out of the three main characters of Awakening, Lucina outclasses Chrom in numerous ways while Chrom has things working against him which will be discussed later on. Foremost, it is undeniable that Intelligent Systems favors Awakening's beloved heroine.

Let's begin with Lucina's prominence in Fire Emblem Awakening. Marketing-wise, Lucina is the face of the official Japanese Fire Emblem Awakening soundtrack and art book, has her own DLC dedicated to her backstory, and has her own figure in the works (the only other character having this being another one of Awakening's most popular females, Tharja). Masked Marth is plastered on Awakening's packaging and promotional images and shares equal prominence to Chrom.

Lucina has been hinted to be included in the Smash Bros. franchise somehow, considering her presence as an Amiibo icon. But at the very least, her Amiibo icon further suggests her favor over Chrom if used to represent FE's upcoming game for Wii U, SMTxFE. But perhaps a greater hint for the heroine is the confirmed map Arena Ferox, where Lucina is literally the boss at. Another point I turn to is the fact that Marth got nerf'd. If Lucina was in the game, I'd expect her to be the fastest FE representative. Chrom cannot hold this position due to having the same build as Marth and is seemingly more bulky. Chrom would have to be a Marth twin or sitting in the close gap between Marth and Ike.

Most importantly, Lucina brings to the table the much-needed female representation for the diverse world of Fire Emblem. Lyndis could have fulfilled the task but ended up as an assist trophy. No, Fire Emblem is not run by exclusively blue-haired swordsmen, which would be the message if the the roster was Chrom, Marth, and Ike. I doubt Sakuari or IS would allow this.​
That dlc was as much about robin as it was lucina's.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
the only other character having this being another one of Awakening's most popular females, Tharja
a small correction to this, it's been shown that a Cordelia figure is in the works too, not that it changes the chances of either character at all, but I thought it was well worth mentioning none the less

Reginleif

Smash Ace
That dlc was as much about robin as it was lucina's.
Where's Robin's stills?

oops :039:

a small correction to this, it's been shown that a Cordelia figure is in the works too, not that it changes the chances of either character at all, but I thought it was well worth mentioning none the less
Cordelia's top 4 most popular female so it makes sense.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Where's Robin's stills?

it's a bit unfair to compare stills with the avatar, you know, the character whose appearance varies the most in the game. The only way it could have been possible is if they juts showed cloaked artwork, but I get your point. With all that said
the future past dlc felt focused on the entire children characters as a whole to me, even if just Lucina gets stills out of it, they all have a pretty important part of its story

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Except that the male and female avatars are 3rd and 2nd respectively in their polls (which can be found here btw) so that doesn't really explain it. They're only beaten by...

Oh. whoops, this isn't helping Robin's case at all...

Reginleif

Smash Ace
it's a bit unfair to compare stills with the avatar, you know, the character whose appearance varies the most in the game. The only way it could have been possible is if they juts showed cloaked artwork, but I get your point. With all that said
the future past dlc felt focused on the entire children characters as a whole to me, even if just Lucina gets stills out of it, they all have a pretty important part of its story
Yes it revolved around Robin and all the children but Lucina is the most important character and the sole reason for the DLC, to see what would have happened if Lucina didn't go back in time. Plus, Lucina not only got 1 still but 2. :040:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Except that the male and female avatars are 3rd and 2nd respectively in their polls (which can be found here btw) so that doesn't really explain it. They're only beaten by...

It does, all that mattered was that robin was more popular than the average awakening character, the rest, was a gameplay perspective.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, it does show that Robin (both genders) is popular. Maybe not as popular as Chrom or Lucina, but pretty close, and perhaps close enough that Robin could work as an Awakening representative over Chrom.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
IT'S BECAUSE HE'S CUSTOMISABLE AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!
Still, he has grimma.
My point is, Lucina got her own DLC. This isn't Robin's DLC, he/she nor any other character would've gotten a still in Future of Despair. it's dedicated to Lucina and the children, mostly Lucina though.

Even Chrom didn't get a still of him performing the Awakening. :039:

andimidna

Smash Master
Where's Robin's stills?

Hopefully they eventually make it to the #6 most popular female in Awakening...
A Tiki figurine would be awesome as long as they don't sexualize her like they did for Tharja

Also, I'm inclined to agree with your points about Lucina. You made a very strong argument for her.
Huh, maybe she is more likely than Robin. I may have to change my scores again.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
My point is, Lucina got her own DLC. This isn't Robin's DLC, he/she nor any other character would've gotten a still in Future of Despair. it's dedicated to Lucina and the children, mostly Lucina though.

Even Chrom didn't get a still of him performing the Awakening. :039:
BECAUSE HE WAS DEAD!!!!
BESIDES WHY ARE WHE EVEN MESURING THE CHANCES OF BY THE AMOUNT OF STILLS HE HAS!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look guys, I know that you get no sympathy in a Fire Emblem discussion, but can we please keep things civil in here? A friendly discussion is fine, but let's not get too chaotic!
If worse comes to worst, bring it to a PM or go to the Fire Emblem discussion thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
BECAUSE HE WAS DEAD!!!!
BESIDES WHY ARE WHE EVEN MESURING THE CHANCES OF BY THE AMOUNT OF STILLS HE HAS!!!
i mean when Chrom performed his awakening non-DLC, he didn't even get a still.

im simply using this to prove how much favor Lucina gets.

Hopefully they eventually make it to the #6 most popular female in Awakening...
A Tiki figurine would be awesome as long as they don't sexualize her like they did for Tharja

Also, I'm inclined to agree with your points about Lucina. You made a very strong argument for her.
Huh, maybe she is more likely than Robin. I may have to change my scores again.
thanks!! :039:

Look guys, I know that you get no sympathy in a Fire Emblem discussion, but can we please keep things civil in here? A friendly discussion is fine, but let's not get too chaotic!
If worse comes to worst, bring it to a PM or go to the Fire Emblem discussion thread!
will do. we need a serious discussion about this because I genuinely believe lucina will be put over chrom.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Unfortunately fire emblem favors do not necessarily translate to smash favors.
Also pm so we can continue this convo elsewhere.
If you want to talk smash favors, how will that work for Chrom? Last time I checked, he was just another bluehaired swordsman similar to Marth. Again, Lucina brings to the table a female representative FE desperately needs (and no, not through a measly Assist Trophy) and perhaps a faster player since Lucina is lighter.

I want everyone to contribute to the discussion though and see my points so I don't see the reason of moving this to PM.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You guys are going to overrate this nobody again. Heh, I'm willing to bet some of those ridiculous 70s from before will get higher because of the new Kirby game... Even though it won't be affecting smash bros. I mean, have we even seen any Triple Deluxe content? Well, based Sakurai is focusing on Kid Icarus this time, sorry, this guy is nothing compared to Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Pit, and Palutena.

Let me guess, you're going to invite a bunch of biased Bandana Dee fans so they can flood the thread with 50+ ratings? What a great weapon. I just can't wait to see his completely inaccurate final score.
Do you want to start something? Please don't do that.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I just played the DLC for the first time this week, and while I agree that Lucina got a huge part in that one, I feel like she shared the spotlight with Tiki and Robin and the other child character until the end... where she shared it with every child character plus Chrom and Robin, who even had the last word. Arguably Robin even had an unique art scene with the Grima behind a castle battle background.

Where's Robin's stills?
EVERY S Rank still that Robin has. It's about as many as there are playable characters in the game - 2 for Robin and Morgan.

And in the end it's still a moot point. IIRC Robin is even in or has one more prerendered cutscene appearance and I still would think it's not a hint towards his/her inclusion, mainly because it doesn't say a dang thing about the character's viability for smash.

Please remain civil and refrain from taunting people with stuff like "Oops". It doesn't do any good and only derails a fun and interesting thread.

D

Deleted member

Oh dear god...

I'M WARNING EVERYONE ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW. BANDANA DEE IS BY FAR ONE OF THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS IN RTC HISTORY. AS A RESULT, I WILL BE KEEPING A CLOSE EYE ON THIS DAY AS I DID WITH THE GEMATSU LEAK DAY. IF THINGS GET TOO CHAOTIC, I WILL, AND I REPEAT I WILL, REPORT THOSE WHO DON'T COMPLY WITH THE RULES.

I'm sorry for singling you out, but this kind of comment is going to start flame wars and debates. We're not even there yet and we are in a Fire Emblem discussion, which is also controversial.
So, as a reminder, KEEP THINGS CIVIL TOMORROW. Let's try to go through a whole day without any sort of Deebate and everything will go smoothly, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom