• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The most hyping moment for me was Olimar's reveal and the first part of the Mii trailer.
The most deflating moment for me though was this statement from Sakurai:
"Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made"

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Most Hyping Moment:
The most hyped moment for me was when I saw the announcement that there was
going to be a Super Smash Bros. Direct on April 8th. I remember that I was having
trouble sleeping that night, so I went on the Smash 4 website when it was time to
see the new Picture of the Day, and I saw the announcement that came with it. Of
course that added to my sleeplessness due to my excitement, but I didn't care.

Most Deflating Moment:
My most deflating moment ironically comes from that very Direct with the announcement
that transformations were gone. One of my most wanted newcomers could have come
with the transformation gimmick, but when it was revealed that the mechanic was cut,
I knew it was never going to happen. I enjoyed the rest of the Direct though, and I'm still
looking forward to playing many different characters, so it's something I can learn to live with.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Most Hype- Actual Release date reveal for 3DS.
Least Hype- Realizing it was a 3DS Release Delay, moments later.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Most Hyping: "It's your time, Mac. Show'em what you got, baby." Little Mac's reveal after all the pessimism surrounding a possible Diddy-Dixie reveal was my most hyped moment. I got saved from disappointment by my single most-wanted newcomer.

Most Deflating: The fact that Miis (a character choice I already disliked) ate up three characters worth of development time...

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Most Hyping: Palutena
Most wanted newcomer. Enough said.
Honorable Mention- That Little Mac trailer was glorious.
Least Hyping: The moment I concluded that the Gematsu leak was probably real, and there would likely be no other newcomers. Hopefully this isn't the case, but it will sting until proven otherwise. Too few characters that I actually supported...
Dishonorable Mention- The apparent Toad disconfirmation.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Most Hyping: The first moment I heard the main theme at E3 2013. Just had that 'oh yeah this is happening' feel to it.

Least Hyping: The Gematsu leak looking very likely (Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run sealed the deal for me). I don't have a problem with any of the characters on it, but having a 33.33% chance of knowing who will be revealed from now on (unless a curveball is thrown at us) is a bit boring. I would have preferred it had we not known anything. It does somewhat ruin the tension, although trailers can still oddly surprise me with a thing or two.

That or Smash Boards after the playable demos. It become quite unbearable to say the least. It's an alpha build of the game that we have no knowledge as to how the meta game will work. The spontaneous backlash was difficult to read, and it somewhat killed the hype a bit going through these posts. Of course, with some time away from the forum that came back!

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Most Hyping:
Just. All of it. I can't pick. This whole experience has made me more anticipated for a game than I have ever been, and I've been a gamer since the late 90's, when I even followed the development of Smash 64 as much as a kid without Internet could at the time.

Least Hyping:
Gematsu Leak or the fact that Miis take up the development of three characters.

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
Hoo boy, here we go.

Most Hype: Every single character reveal.
Dang, these trailers were amazing. Even Reggie vs Iwata was awesome. I am so excited to play all the characters.

Honorable Mention: Toon Link.
I thought he would be cut. Thank goodness he wasn't.
I'm still upset he doesn't have a different moveset, though. He has so much potential.

Most Deflating: Community Backlash.

1. Newcomer hate. I love all the revealed characters (except Miis) and it kind of hurts me to see people complain. You haven't played the godd**n character yet, and if you did at E3/Best Buy, they aren't finished. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

2. IT'S NOT MELEE 2.0 or IT'S BRAWL 2.0!!!: Seriously.
These Melee fanboys need to shut up.
I'm sorry if I come off as rude but...

If you don't like the damn game just shut up, stop following it, and play Melee/PM. It's not that hard, folks.
You're ruining the fun for others.

Plus, the game isn't even out yet. Again, you can't judge a book by it's cover. AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL THE GAME'S RELEASED UNTIL YOU WHINE.

Jeebus.

Honorable Mention: Mii Fighters.
I'm not going to judge a book by it's cover, so I don't really have anything to say about the moveset.

But they took up 3 slots.

THREE.
GODD**N.
SLOTS.

Why? That's just so much wasted potential.

Honorable Mention 2: The Gematsu Leak.
I don't want all the characters revealed before the game is even released, kthxbai.
Also I could care less about the 3 main newcomers on the leak.

I'm really sorry if I come off as rude, I just needed to get this off my chest.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Biggest Hype Creator: Mega Man's Reveal

When E3 2013 first neared, we were all expecting news for SSB4. A trailer, some game footage, maybe a newcomer or two. But don't we all remember where we were when we first saw the blue bomber appear on the cliff?

I slept through the Direct. I saw his reveal trailer afterwards. >_>

And yet, those couple hours afterward left me saying "HOLY ****" almost as many times as the day after Game 6 (yes, that Game 6). A third party character, an icon of the NES all but spurned by his creators, brought back in his original glory and using attacks that drew from nearly every one of the original games? I was floored...and so was just about everyone else. I fell out of practice in the Brawl community after I lost contact with the local crew and my Wii's disk reader got messed up, but once Mega Man was revealed, I was hooked on Smash all over again.

Honorable Mentions: Ike's Reveal left me hyped for a good couple days afterwards. I'd been thinking for a long time that if Ike made it back in SSB4, I really hoped they used his Radiant Dawn design. Once Awakening came out, though, I starting thinking Chrom would replace him, and I was starting to come to terms with it. Then on an image site I saw the pic of Ike doing an u-smash in the Boxing Ring, thought "Hey, nice photoshop. Props to whoever made it. Wait, that looks real, is that HOLY ****!" I reacted to Lucario's Reveal a lot calmer, but damn, was I glad to see him back. He had a unique mechanic and unique fighting style in Brawl, was still relevant in the newest Pokemon games, and it would've been a shame to see him cut. Now he may end up being a Smash mainstay. I actually had an idea for SSB4 years ago for alternate versions of movesets you could pick from, so getting news about Custom Special Moves in the April Direct left me thinking "...Wait, I was right?" And most recently, the E3 Invitational was an incredible spectacle and I hope it becomes a yearly thing. When Mega Man finally got off a Final Smash, the crowd got so loud it sounded like I was in a stadium watching a walk off home run.

Biggest Hype Deflator: Gematsu Leak Zealots

We've known about the leak for a while now, but for a long time people were skeptical about it. With any potential leak, it's always good to stay aware and question it. If it only gets reinforced, then more power to it...but if there are still parts of it left unanswered--such as missing Rosalina and not knowing the identity of the rep from Pokemon X & Y despite namedropping Little Mac and Pac-Man as early as 2013--there's still reason to take it with a grain of salt.

Now, some of the community believes the leak did nail all the remaining newcomers. I respect that, even though I've been so outspoken about how much I disagree. We're all entitled to our opinions, and discussing and debating them can lead to new, fascinating ideas.

What I can't stand is how a vocal minority of the leak's supporters act like it is the absolute, end-all truth and that anyone who thinks otherwise is a delusional idiot who deserves to be verbally attacked.

Not only have these "zealots" seriously limited the chance to have real, meaningful discussion about the leak, they're making the reasonable leak supporters look bad. Worse yet, they get so loud that those outside the Smash community hear them more than the majority of actually decent people. If the SSB4 community gets undermined like this enough...it may never get off the ground.

I can only hope that either something happens soon to shut them up, or that the community keeps growing and reaching out to show that we're not like our vocal minorities.

(Dis)Honorable Mentions: I admit, I jumped to conclusions a little after the Mii Fighters' Reveal. I was worried a Mii character would end up feeling really bland and generic, take up development space a different and more interesting character could've had, and there was still the Gematsu leak hanging ominously overhead. But before their segment was done, I ended up impressed by the developers' ability to make them fit into Smash and give them unique and interesting moves, and I breathed a sigh of relief when the Treehouse said they'd only take up one roster spot. Even though their appearances and moves are pretty basic, I still have concerns about how much time they spent focusing on them...but hopefully they turn out to be unfounded. I haven't had any true hype killers for the games themselves (Even the 3DS version's release delay gives me more time to get the money for it!), but I was disappointed by a lot of the Reactions to Greninja. I realize a lot of those were a vocal minority, but it just...got to me a little to see so many dislike him immediately just because he wasn't Mewtwo. On the other hand, it also made me really glad to see Greninja's popularity skyrocket once people started giving the new guy a chance.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Most hype moment: Ask me again on Monday.

Most deflating moment: Not a huge one but the E3 reveals felt really predictable to me and I wasn't hugely interested in them to begin with.

andimidna

Smash Master
Why do I see people saying the Palutena leak was proven real? Because the model is completely different, it's either been proven fake or that slim possibility that she got a full redesign in the middle of development. I'm going to go ahead and stick with the more likely option- it was fake. And that's why she has different charms, a different face, has different colors, has that piece attached to her shield, etc.

And uh... I'm 12 hours ahead of NY time now. When will I be able to watch that trailer? It's 7 PM on Sunday here.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Most Hype: The best buy demo
That was really fantastic. So much smash hype.

Most deflating: Gematsu
Just, Gematsu in general. All the crappy debates and arguments and the lack of character hype. I can't even bring myself to visit the website Gematsu anymore.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hype: Luigi reveal
One of my favorite characters BAM in my face in a hyping Direct.

Honorable mention: Toon Link reveal (SURPRISE!)

Deflate: Peach reveal
One of my favorite characters BAM in my face.
As a meatshield.
The first deconfiirmation hit me.

Honorable mention: Gematsu (NO SURPRISES!)

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Most Hyping Moment: Little Mac' Reveal

He is (or was) my 3rd most wanted newcomer. I knew he was very likely, but I thought he would be annouced at E3. The trailer was done so well, with the Doc Louis narration and the joke with Samus at the beginning. Honorable mentions are Mega Man's announcement trailer and the Smash Fest experience.

Most Deflating Moment: Gematsu Leak

I don't hate it. In fact, the characters in it are good characters and I wanted the majority of them before the gematsu leak happened. The problem is who is not in it. No K. Rool, Ridley or Mewtwo. Number 1,2, and 5 respectively on my wanted newcomer list. It kind of takes the surprise out of it too. Honorable motions go to Mii Fighters. They were implemented nicely, but the development time that 3 of them plus all of their different moves seems like too much.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Most Hyping Moment: Rosalina's Reveal

It seems Rosalina isn't exactly the most popular newcomer here, and I think that's a pity. I think Rosalina ended up being a great addition to the Smash roster. A long time ago, before Smash 4 was announced, I often thought about how cool it would be if Rosalina were actually playable in Smash. I loved her as a character in Galaxy, and to this day she's probably one of my favorite Mario characters. But of course back then Rosalina was often rejected as a possibility for Smash, while characters like Bowser Jr. were viewed as highly likely, so I didn't have much hope for ever seeing Rosalina playable.

Then the day came that she was finally revealed. Prior to that, I was just partially keeping up with Smash news, since there weren't a lot of major developments after the game was announced. Because of that, I was unaware about the Direct and what had just happened. To put it simply, I was dumbfounded when I saw Rosalina on the Smash 4 website. After the initial shock wore off and I watched her trailer, I became incredibly hyped, both for her inclusion and for the game itself. It was Rosalina's reveal that made me believe that almost anything was possible with this game, and it is the sole reason I became interested enough in this game to join this forum. I'm rather grateful for that.

Most Deflating Moment: Gematsu Leak, and those who worship it

I suppose this isn't really a defined moment, but rather something that is just constantly there. And it's incredibly annoying. I'm really sick of hearing about how absolute the leak is and how it's definitely all we're getting and that everyone should just accept that and how every character listed is a complete shoo-in and all that. The thing is, the Gematsu leak is almost certainly real. I don't think there's much debate about that. But is it so absolute? Analyzing the information leaked shows that it's outdated, most likely from a point in time when the roster was mostly finalized, but not completely finalized. What the leak really tells us is that the leaked characters were at least planned to be in the game at some point early in development. Whether or not every last one of them actually survived the development process remains to be seen. While it is likely that the leaked information is correct, it is not absolute. And I hate it when people talk about absolutes when, in reality, things are just very likely. The only absolutes are the characters that have been confirmed and are currently on the website. Everything else is speculation.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Most Hyping Moment: Little Mac's Reveal!

Little Mac was, at that point, the only newcomer revealed that I wanted long before SSB4 speculation. I wrote all about my reasonings why I gave a crap about him while simultaneously writing off the other characters (although at this point I like Rosalina on the basis that she's not a Sal character) on the days here before the Direct. Basically, Little Mac is a dream come true, and we should be lucky to have him.

Honorable mentions go to Charizard's solo reveal, and the 3DS version in general.

Most Hype Deflating Moment: Ridley's shadow, and the Ridley teasing in general.

...There really isn't more to what I can say here, but I'll say this: ever since the Direct, I've had to deal with people calling me and those who support him the worst things imaginable, saying that it's ridiculous that we should support one of Nintendo's most iconic villains and that he's on par with some random anime character. But ever since then, watching RelaxAlax's video and the shadow comparisons made me think that he still has a legitimate chance, so I'm still interested in SSB4.

Dishonorable mentions go to the Gematsu leak and ZSS's reveal as an independent character, who was even more sexualized than her appearance in Other M.

D

Deleted member

I'll end the day later in a couple of hours, but there is a lot on my mind right now in terms of hyping and deflating moments.

Most Hyping
Little Mac
He still has the best trailer in my eyes. His trailer captures his series and his gameplay style perfectly. It has this distinct, cartoony style that we see in the Punch Out!! games and his gameplay segments perfectly shows how he is a strong ground fighter and a terrible aerial fighter. He is also my second most wanted newcomer behind Shulk, so you could imagine that I was ecstatic to see him enter the ring! Let's see if he can engage in Title Defense Mode if the Monado Boy wants to show up tomorrow...

Sonic's Return
He was the Brawl veteran that I was the most concerned about getting cut. I know that Meta Knight, Wario, and many other characters that I care about would return. But Sonic? He is a 3rd party character and they tend to be one and done. Just seeing him again in all of his glory was absolutely amazing. I am a bit upset that his moveset hasn't really changed and he is definitely outclassed by Mega Man and Pac-Man, but I mean... come on! It's Sonic the freaking Hedgehog! He is one of my favorite video game characters of all time and just seeing him made me scream with joy!

This Thread
Rate Their Chances is the reason why I am here and I am glad to contribute to it as a backup manager and as the runner of the Directory. I love giving my scores, rating troll characters like Dark Lord Owain, ranting over the likes of Cloud Strife and Sora, and having a friendly little debate over some characters. This thread has helped keep my hype alive with amazing people joining in and an amazing manager with @ Groose Groose . It's just a massive shame that it's all going to end in September...

Smash Bros. Direct
This had a charm that lacked from many Nintendo Directs. It was funny, entertaining, and informative. While there were letdowns with the 3DS coming out before the Wii U version and lack of screen time for Luigi, the whole Direct got me hooked and hyped. Seriously, future Nintendo Directs should be like this.

My Most Hyping Moment is Still...
Luigi

Again, we all knew that he was going to return, but he is my main in every game and my favorite video game character of all-time. If Luigi wasn't revealed, I wouldn't have been as interested in this game. Looking at gameplay online, he has some amazing buffs; that down grab is especially awesome since I can now have my opponents be led into a juggle! His Final Smash is also incredible; it's better than the Negative Zone in my eyes!
Luigi, you are always number-a one!

Most Deflating
Character Droughts
I can be patient at times. I can wait for this game even longer actually. But, when you don't reveal any characters, my patience wares thin. March was especially awful as it was the month without a reveal. I mean, why? I can't say that the Smash Direct was an amazing justification to hold off some characters, Sakurai. Even no reveal for Pokemon X & Y? Why?

Pic of the Day
I wake up early every morning just to see these and sometimes I get interested! Other times... it's some pointless crap. Like, instead of seeing a new character, stage, or mechanic, we get something pointless like King Dedede getting dazed or Luigi's nose for example. My interest could dwindle if you don't reveal anything significant at all.

E3 2014
I'm not saying that it was bad. It was great! ...For everything except for Smash. First up, we start with the dreaded Miis... and then we get into amiibo. I did not want either of these things to happen and neither of them interest me. Then we have Palutena getting revealed. Sure, I liked her trailer, but I rather would have liked to see someone else. I mean, she was as obvious as Mario or Kirby at that point, so the reveal wasn't as great. There were no veterans that got revealed. Where's Wario? Where's Meta Knight? Where's Mr. Game & Watch? You teased him, but why? Finally, we have Pac-Man. No, I'm not saying that he was handled terribly gameplay wise, but how they handled him during E3 was awful. You had a packed and hyped audience at that tournament and you didn't reveal him? Instead, you reveal him in some private Tweet-fest? It was just a mess.

Rosalina & Luma
Been there, done that many times. I also fear that she will be overpowered after when I heard she can chain characters now. Ugh...

My Most Deflating Moment Is...
Mii Fighters

First off, the trailer. I knew immediately what was going to happen when I saw Reggie and Iwata fighting. The dreaded Miis were going to get confirmed. They did... and they are just awfully bland with with not one, but three uninspiring movesets. When I saw that trailer and nothing proceeded afterwards, I thought, "Really? That's it for the Smash news? How disappointing..." Then came the justification about adding Miis and that honestly ticked me off. Sakurai listened to the noise for characters like Goku and such, but not the actual demand (which is very, very small). It also ticks me off how two characters couldn't make it in Smash because of the Miis since they took up a lot of time with debugging, creating the movesets, and balancing them. It also doesn't help that you can't play as them over Wi-Fi. It's both a blessing and a curse. The blessing? No one can play as some overpowered Mii instead of characters on the roster. The curse? Since you can't play as them over Wi-Fi, I now seriously question why they are here in the first place.
I hate the fact that they are here... and they are everything that I feared.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Most hyping moment was definitely seeing this:

The real hype killer though was seeing the Gematsu leak.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Most Hyping: Villager comes to town!
Honorable Mentions: Pac-Man, Luigi, Little Mac.

Most Deflating: Gematsu and the possibility of no Lucas.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Most Hyping Moment:
Character reveals
Possible Chorus Kids playable characters
The Direct
Disconfirmations

-Most Deflating Moment:
3DS version whole existence
Character reveal droughts
People's blind favoritism with their favorites and confirmation bias with their 'shoo-in' status / the whole pointless competitive non competitive debate.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Most Hyping Moments:
Villager Comes to Town!: I've wanted the Villager since Melee.
Ike's return: Many thought he'd be cut for some reason. He was my second favorite character in Brawl and I've very pleased with his return..
Challenger From the Shadows: As soon as I saw Charizard, I about died.
Comet Observatory: I'm sad that Paper Mario has an even less chance, but I really wanted Rosalina as well.

Most Deflating:
Gematsu Leak: No words necessary.
Reveal Droughts: Speculation becomes boring after a long period of time.
Mii's: Apparently it was a problem that Pokémon Trainer took three character's development time. Now that he's gone(Which I'm very mad about) the Mii's took his place as a character that takes the same amount of time of three characters. I don't hate the Mii's, but I do hate how they were implemented in Smash.
No Transformations: I have no idea why anyone thought this would be a good idea. I liked transforming into different characters and I thought it added a cool feature to the series.

Last edited:

Daniee

Smash Cadet
Most hype: Ike's reveal.
Ike is my favorite character in Smash (and no newcomer they could possibly add will change that). I truly believed he would return, but was still hoping every POTD for his reveal just for the sake of seeing him and finally getting a big reason to look forward to Smash 4, and also so all the "He's cut" people would finally eat crow and shut up. I saw his reveal at the usual time the POTD is first posted here (About 2:30 A.M.) and then I was up until 5 A.M. because I was too hyped to go to bed. :3

Most deflating: Japan getting the game first.
I was so hoping for a worldwide release. Or at least just a week in-between the JP and NA releases. But now I'm going to have to go on a freaking three week blackout because some of the hidden stuff like trophies I would like to discover for myself. It's the Brawl wait all over again (but thankfully not quite as long).

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm back! Sorry for my absence; I was invited to a certain fighting tournament. Here, have the footage from the match:

Burigu

Smash Ace
This Thread
Rate Their Chances is the reason why I am here and I am glad to contribute to it as a backup manager and as the runner of the Directory. I love giving my scores, rating troll characters like Dark Lord Owain, ranting over the likes of Cloud Strife and Sora, and having a friendly little debate over some characters. This thread has helped keep my hype alive with amazing people joining in and an amazing manager with @ Groose Groose . It's just a massive shame that it's all going to end in September...

Most Deflating
Character Droughts
I can be patient at times. I can wait for this game even longer actually. But, when you don't reveal any characters, my patience wares thin. March was especially awful as it was the month without a reveal. I mean, why? I can't say that the Smash Direct was an amazing justification to hold off some characters, Sakurai. Even no reveal for Pokemon X & Y? Why?
I agree completelly with the 1st part, after Palutena reveal, this thread is what keeps things interesting for me, I am glad I decided to show up here, plus most of the people around here, actually know what they are talking about.

On the second wasn't Lucario revealed in March?? or only if you meant newcomer
Edit: Just checked and no we didn't get anything in March

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the second wasn't Lucario revealed in March?? or only if you meant newcomer
We didn't get a single character in March. Lucario was revealed back in January. It's just more confusing when there were a ton of opportunities to reveal someone...

Burigu

Smash Ace
We didn't get a single character in March. Lucario was revealed back in January. It's just more confusing when there were a ton of opportunities to reveal someone...
You are right I was about to edit my post but you were faster

Groose

Smash Champion
And uh... I'm 12 hours ahead of NY time now. When will I be able to watch that trailer? It's 7 PM on Sunday here.
@ andimidna andimidna 10 PM. Hope you get a chance to tune in.

I was absent yesterday :(
So was I. It's good to have a break now and again.

Most Hyping Moment: SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT! MEGA MAN! FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD!

The Invitational as a whole appealed to me even more than Little Mac's Reveal. I had a crowd to watch it with, and we were hooked the entire time. Although I was sad that aMSa didn't win (I was rooting for him), the entire show was a hype-fest, and this was the climax of it all.

Most Deflating: Release Date
Delays sting. This one stings in particular because it squashed plans of doing a midnight release--I'll probably have college courses the next day.

DAY OVER

#MonadoMondayApproaches

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If I predict not-shulk do I get bonus points for being a special snowflake?

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Most Hyping Moment

Mega Man Reveal

(Honorable Mentions: Little Mac and Palutena Reveals)

[collapse=Most Hyping]
(6) Mega Man Reveal
(5) Little Mac Reveal
(5) Palutena Reveal
(4) Pac-Man Reveal
(4) Ike Reveal
(4) Villager Reveal
(3) Best Buy
(3) Rosalina Reveal
(3) E3 2013
(2) Luigi Reveal
(2) SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT
(2) Greninja Reveal
(2) Kremlings in Smash Run
(2) All Character Reveals
Olimar Reveal
Smashboards Account
Announcement of Smash Direct
3DS Release Date
Sneaky Spirit
Everything
Toon Link Reveal
No Advanced Techniques
Kirby Air Ride
Mii Reveal
[/collapse]

As usual, Mega Man's reveal is right up there for the Most Hyping Moment; unsurprisingly, Little Mac was right behind him. Palutena has also joined the hype-fest, too, as she tied Mac for second place. Looks like we have a trinity, eh?

Most Deflating Moment

Gematsu Leak

(Honorable Mentions: Mii Reveal and 3DS Release Date)

[collapse=Most Deflating]
(12) Gematsu Leak
(8) Mii Reveal
(7) 3DS Release Date
(5) Ridley’s Shadow
(3) E3 2014(3) Greninja Reveal
(2) Removal of Transformations
(2) Gematsu Leak Zealots
(2) Veteran Reveal Droughts
Bottom of the Stack Comment
3DS Version’s Existence
Peach Reveal
Palutena’s Temple
Toon Link Reveal
Tiki’s Deconfirmation
Global Smash Power
Palutena Reveal
Toad Deconfirmation
No Customizable Movesets Online
Community Backlash
Most Deflating
[/collapse]
At this point of time, everyone is sick of Gematsu. It easily won the Most Deflating Category. The only major competition came in the shape of the Mii Reveal and the 3DS Release Date.

Today? Well, we're really not doing much of anything. For the next fourteen hours, this thread is basically meant to serve as a hub for placing whatever predictions you have for the reveal tomorrow. You can break what could happen down into chances, you can discuss what newcomers possibly have a chance, you can do whatever isn't covered better by another thread. Just don't get too spammy and keep those hype levels high, OK?​

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I believe in #MonadoMonday.

And I can assure you, Groose, that Viridi's Almighty Products Co. and the legions of Shulk fans out there like those in the SWF thread do to.

Doesn't Hades believe in #HightimeforHadesDay? :laugh:

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Shulkyboy. It's your time.

Only other major possibility is Chrom IMO.

It's still weird to wake up and see this thread get updated while eating breakfast. Well I'm off to the Great Wall, can't wait to see that Monado on the website tonight.

D

Deleted member

Place Your Bets! has been added to the Directory.

Who do I think will get confirmed? I am thinking that we'll either get Shulk or Chrom. Shulk because of that Tweet and Chrom because a certain Fire Emblem game has an anniversary this Tuesday (coincidentally, it's also the birthday of Dark Lord Owain).

I'm really, really hoping that it's Shulk!
#MonadoMonday
MAKE IT HAPPEN, SAKURAI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom