• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Shepard: Chance: 0%
EA. Better moveover for Call of Duty Soldier and Madden Football player.
Yeah, no.

Unlockable unrevealed newcomers: Chance 100%
There is no way they will be able to reveal all of the veterans before the Japanese release date
Want: 90%
Unlocking characters is fun! Unless you can't find Mewtwo in the roster... (*Sniff* Brawl... How could you... *Sniff*)

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Commander Shepard
Chance- 0%
Nintendo and EA aren't exactly on good terms.
Want- 0%
And I don't blame them...

Unrevealed Unlockable Veterans
Chance- 95%
Just play a numbers game with the number of veterans left and the amount of time left before release and you'll see that this is quite likely.
Want- 60%
I guess it is slightly above indifference.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Commander Sheperd chance and want 0%

Unrevealed unlockable veterans chance 95% want 50%

I think that Wolf will be that like Luigi and Jigglypuff were last time(s).

x5 John Raimi

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wow, total opposites today.
Commander Shepard
Chance:
-Main Game: 0%
-Via DLC: 0.25%

We have three third party characters already, all iconic to gaming. While Mass Effect is owned by Bioware, they're stuck under the thumb of EA, who has in recent years done the equivalent of tripping Nintendo, then loudly questioning why they'd want to be around anyone with such poor coordination. All the Wii U has seen as far as Mass Effect goes was a port of 3...which itself was a step down from Mass Effect Trilogy, released on other consoles shortly after. Miniscule representation on a Nintendo system plus bad blood between the Big N and his patron company? Shepard has no chance.

In fact, the only possible thing that could give him the tiniest shot is if Bioware and EA have a falling out, relations improve between the newly emancipated Bioware and Nintendo, and at least one major, new Mass Effect game comes out on Wii U to massive acclaim, clearing the path for him to be DLC. The odds are damn near impossible...but stranger things have happened.

Want: 0%

Sorry, I just...I don't see how he'd fit regardless. The last semi-realistic third party character only worked with a stripped down weapon selection, and even then Snake was able to (no pun intended) call on Metal Gear Solid's bouts of quirkiness to keep from feeling too out of place. I admit, I only know so much about Mass Effect and haven't been able to even get the PC versions (thanks, economy >_>), but...wouldn't he stick out like a sore thumb?

Unrevealed Unlockable Veteran
Chance: 100%

Of all the strange things to rate...

What reason to we have to believe they won't keep at least one veteran secret? Melee had unlockable veterans, Brawl had unlockable veterans that the Dojo didn't even mention until after the Japanese release, so why would this time be any different? Does anyone here really think they'll reveal (among others) Captain Falcon, Ness, Falco, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Meta Knight, and R.O.B. all before launch?

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but it kind of makes me wonder if someone just wanted to say they nominated the highest ranked thing in the thread...

Want: 100%

And I'm okay with them keeping a handful of characters under wraps until early copies inevitably get leaked and show the whole initial roster. >_> It gives us more of a chance to speculate, and it's fun doing all of this talk.

Predictions
Agitha: 0.24%

Not on the initial roster. Even if they took a DLC character from Hyrule Warriors, I'd be really surprised if she got the nod over Impa or Lana.

Rhythm Heaven Rep (Other than Chorus Men): 5.1%

This one'll get underranked. The Gematsu leak may have been accurate at some point, but there's still a chance they ran into trouble implementing the Chorus Men months ago (especially if it was the same problems as they had with Nana), and replaced them with someone else from Rhythm Heaven.

Nominations
Stage Music No Longer Restricted to Stages of Same Franchise x5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but it kind of makes me wonder if someone just wanted to say they nominated the highest ranked thing in the thread...
When I started nominating the idea I saw there was a lot of thinking all over that we'd get veteran reveals frequently post-E3 starting with Game and Watch due to the Pac-Man video. Meanwhile I figured we'd probably get no more veteran reveals, maybe one or two, and the rest would be unlockable, so I wanted to see the consensus.

Of course, as time passed it became more and more obvious that the veterans missing must be unlockables, hence what we have today. I believe there's more veterans left now than weeks before release in Japan.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Predictions
Agitha: 0.24%

Not on the initial roster. Even if they took a DLC character from Hyrule Warriors, I'd be really surprised if she got the nod over Impa or Lana.
Really? I mean, Lana is almost completely out of the question, because we've seen a lot of her moves already, and the majority of them won't fit into smash, like her very iconoc running on that huge blocks, or creating walls to bounce off of. The latter COULD be her Up B, but it would require the player to actually walljump. It doesn't really work for a 2D fighter IMO.

Impa is 100% Agitha's biggest competition. Tomorrow will be a battle between the two fans... And there's more for Impa. However, I urge EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK OUT THE AGITHA THREAD BEFORE TOMORROW AND POST ANY DOUBTS THERE! I want to get as many Golden Bugs before tomorrow as I can, and the best way to do so is through answering their doubts and arguments. Impa would fit into smash bros., but the best she can do is... Well, sword fighting. This is argument #1 for Agitha over Impa. Sakurai wants unique characters. A character who summons bugs with individual effects at RANDOM in some of her special attacks, and who creates little whirlwinds and tornados with her physical combo attacks would be unique. Even Agitha's up special (which I really need to add to the OP...) takes a formulaic, well practiced Up Special (wings and flying) but then adds in a whole other dimension (having a quick ascent if Agitha uses the attack again, and then slamming down onto the stage. Not gonna lie, it would make Agitha's air game amazing, but she's a light 10 Year Old Girl. It could just be the cutest thing ever being completely launched off the stage, and then having this Golden Butterfly she so dearly loves come in and save her!

Basically, Agitha is a unique character from the LoZ series with a unique moveset and, unlike other possibly fun but off the wall characters such as the Zora Prince from TP (who's name escapes me right now) actually has a considerably large fanbase behind her. In future games, she coukd feature as a representative for Twilight Princess, much like she does in Hyrule Warriors. The overworld of Hyrule Warriors is Agitha's territory, while the Twiligt Realm of the game belongs to Midna. This is because these were the stages the character's weapon trailers are set in. Maybe not in Smash 4, as she is still a bit of an unknown character. However, unlike another character in Hyrule Warriors like Fi or arguably Lana, there is a very real possibility that thanks to her inclusion in the game, Agitha could become an even larger character in future installments of the LoZ franchise. I am really hoping for DLC (or on-disc, because Hyrule Warriors has been in development for at least a couple of years IIRC and as Agitha was one of the first characters they showed, it can be assumed that she was also one of the first characters that the production team work on, so she could have been known to be in the game by Sakurai. I thought that this thread ranked possibility of on-disk and of DLC, though.

Here is the thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/princess-of-insects-agitha.359554/

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Shepard
Chance and Want: 0%

Nope.

Unrevealed, Unlockable Newcomers

Love unlockable characters, and I hope it continues, which it most likely will.

Agitha: 6.4%
Non CK RH character: 3.3%

Villain addition (mewtwo is a villain) x5

D

Deleted member

Commander Shepard

Chance (without breaking Groose's calculator): 0%

His only appearance on a Nintendo console bombed and EA currently isn't supporting the Wii U.

He seems out of place in a game called Nintendo All-Star: Dairantō Smash Bros. I sometimes forget that Mass Effect 3 even had a Wii U port.

Unrevealed, Unlockable Newcomers

Chance: 99.9%

Want: 50%

It's obvious that we're getting Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff, so I'm indifferent.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Punch Bowl x5
BASHMASTER. 'nuff said.
You totally got that from me. :awesome:

Commander Shepheard:
Chance: 0%
We've rated Flynn, we've rated Eirika, we've even rated freakin' Oocco and Ooccoo Jr but THIS!
I need no explanation.

Guess, the next rating will be pretty negative as well.

Unrevealed Unlockable Characters:
Oh, um... well this was... not what was expecting. Surely Sakurai would not reveal every character before release.
Of course, I want this.

I am legitimately surprised by todays ratings...

Predictions:
Rhythm Heaven Rep (Not Chorus Men) - 5%
Agitha - 2.5%

Nominations:
5 x Tropical Freeze Representation

[I'll vote in a sec, but first, where do I find what to nominate [x5 and stuff] for?]
You can nominate anything you want so there's not any sort of rule as to what you can nominate (though we advise you not to nominate things that have no chance (eg. Master Chief or... Commander Shepheard)). If you want to see what you've nominated you can find all nominations on the first page on the nominations list.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Double Zeroes for Commander Shepard.

Double 100% for Unrevealed Unlockable Veteran because not only is it practically guaranteed, but unlockable characters are an awesome feature that should not go away.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Commander Sheep-herder:
Chance: 0% LOLNOPE
Want: 0% LOLNOPE

UUV: 100% - Yeah, kinda the norm already. Why is this getting rated when it's all but confirmed?
Want: 25% - Unlocking characters can be cool and fun but I'd much rather have them from the get-go.

Predictions:
Agitha - 0% because the guys making Hyrule Warriors are plain morons for putting her in
Non-Chorus Boys RH rep - 2%

Noms:
Warrior of Light x5

Morbi

Scavenger
So, we are essentially rating the impossible and the inevitable?

Shepard Chance: 0.1%
Shepard Want: 50%

Unrevealed Unlockable Veteran Chance: 99.9%
Unrevealed Unlockable Veteran Want: 100%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Commander Shepard

Chance - 0% - ...

Want - 0% - This was a waste of our time.

Unreveiled Unlockable Veterans

Chance - 99% - Quite likely, from the looks of things.

Want - 50% - Eh. Not like I'll try and re-unlock them, so I don't really care.

Predictions

Agitha - 2.13% - Some inflation due to Hyrule Warriors, but who expects her?

Some other Rythm Heaven Character - 7.75% - Go leaks, go?

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X3
"In The Space Pirate Ship" X2

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh, I'll do predictions:
Agitha -- Chance: 17.34% Want: 79.56%
Rhythm Heaven Rep (not chorus men) -- Chance: 4.53%, Want: 45.31%

Please can you all spell Agitha with the "i" please? Agatha is the Ghost-Type Elite Four member from Generation 1, and the misspelling of Agitha's name, IMO, adds to her childish nature.

Scores:
Shepard:
Chance: 0.0000000001%

Guys, it's POSSIBLE. We need to acknowledge that there are no absolutes regarding this character, as he meets all requirements... I don't want him though.

Unlockable Vets: Double 100s. Come on... Like this would ever not happen...

Nominations: 5x Kururin

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
[Well, I won't be nominating because I don't have ideas lol]

Shepard: DOUBLE 0s! YAY!

Unlockable Vets: Chance: 100%
It's gonna happen.
Want: 50%
I'm torn on whether or not I want all the characters unlocked at the start, or keep the unlockables.

Predictions:
Agitha: 3.58%
Being a minor character in TP then becoming playable in HW still does not make you important to the series.
Non-Chorus Kids RH rep: 5.76%
People count on the Gematsu leak too much.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I feel that I can safely say, without a doubt, for the first time in one of these chance ratings, that if your chance score for Shepard is anything but zero, you are wrong. ;)

Burigu

Smash Ace
Mass effect guy
I know we rate almost anything for rasonable to near imposible, but this thing?? if you are a 3rd party and you are not as iconic as Megaman or Pacman you stand no chance.
I don't like EA and its business practices

Unlockable Veterans
Chance: 100% they have been a thing since the begining
Want: 100% I am sure some of the characters already revealed are also unlockable

Predictions
Non CK rep: 1.08%
Agitha: 2.02%

Nominations
Amazon Pandora x 5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Shepard
Does not even warrant a reason.

Likewise.

Unrevealed, Unlockable Veterans
It's going to happen. Luigi will be one(although he's revealed). Jigglypuff will be another. Presuming Falcon and Ness are too(although I feel Ness could go either way; could be a starter) as well as Falco and Wolf(if he's back), Mr. Game and Watch OBVIOUSLY is since we haven't got his page despite seeing him; he's "secret". Oh, and Ganondorf of course.

Satisfies my collecting OCD for a short period at least. I enjoy challenging the likes of Luigi, Falcon and Dorf to battle to add them to the roster. Just feels more satisfying than having everything handed to me on a silver platter.

Predictions:
Non Chorus Kids Rhythm Heaven rep: 5%
Marshall. People will say it could be Marshall. That is literally it.

Agitha: 1.2%
Ummm...why would Agitha be chosen over Impa OR Midna, both of whom have more credentials to their names whilst still being in Hyrule Warriors? I'll be surprised if this gets very high.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Commander No:

Chance: N0%
Want: N0%

Unrevealed Unlockable Newcomers:

Chance: 99.99%
I see no reason for this to not happen.

Unlocking characters is one of the best parts of the game.

Predictions:
Agitha: .66%
Non-Chorus Kids Rhythm Heaven Rep: 3.34%

Nominations: Cain and Abel x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Commander Shepard:
Chance: 0.00005%
Want: 0.01%

Unrevealed Unlockable Veteran:
Chance: 95%

Predictions:
Non-Chorus Kids Rhythm Heaven Rep: 8.2%

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ummm...why would Agitha be chosen over Impa OR Midna, both of whom have more credentials to their names whilst still being in Hyrule Warriors? I'll be surprised if this gets very high.
Well, Midna's deconfirmed! I feel awful saying this, because I was a huge supporter of Midna before her de-confirmation. Why was she deconfirmed? Well I think it's because Adult Link still has his Twilight Princess design; realistically at least one of Midna's attacks should be to do with Wolf Link. Two incarnations of Link battling eachother is impossible within their own franchise, so it should not be carried over to Super Smash Bros., and I believe that Sakurai respects this.

Why in over Impa? Agh, this point. This has been pointed out a lot, but I'm going to try and keep it short this time: moveset potential. Impa is another sword-wielding fighter who... well yeah. She wields a sword. He combo attack in Hyrule Warriors is literally Marth's Dancing Blade with a couple of changes, and she would truly play too similarly to the rest of the cast. I myself would certainly consider neither of them "all-stars", but then again I don't consider Rosalina, Shulk, Chrom, Roy (in melee) or Captain Falcon all-stars, either. Impa has appeared in more titles, yes, but she rarely actually interacts with Link. While she IS a Sheikah and a Sage and all of that good stuff, both of those niches are taken by Sheik and Zelda respectively.

Impa herself only appears in 8 unique titles - Zelda I, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages and Seasons, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds and Hyrule Warriors - and in all of those cases she has little interaction with the player himself. I don't recall her appearing in Zelda I or II in the game itself, and researching further implies this, though I don't have a definitive answer. Therefore, the first time Impa actually appeared in a game was in Ocarina of Time, pretty much throwing the whole argument of seniority out of the window. She has decent player interaction in Ocarina of Time, but once again much of her actual use is about lore. The only actual thing she does in the game as far as I can see is teaching Link "Zelda's Lullaby", which is an amazing song. Does teaching it to Link get you a place in Smash, though? Maybe not... Impa looks hilarious in the Oracle games, but once against she doesn't do too much. This is one of the few times she actually IS a Sheikah rather than a Hyrulian (how the hell does one simply change race through ancestry?). Basically, in Oracle of Ages, Impa gets possessed and pretty much creates the whole problem of Veran possessing a goddess. Sure, she gives Link the Hero's Sword, but that's not too impressive there, Impa! In Oracle of Seasons, she's there for one battle, and then gets hurt and just lives in a house for the rest of the game, telling Link to go and talk to a tree... OK, we all know Impa does a lot in Skyward Sword! Well, yeah. In the cut scenes. I can't think of a moment where Link can interact with Impa in the game. A Link Between Worlds is similar, too. Impa is there, but only in cutscenes. I suppose you interact with her while she's a painting, though...

So basically, while Impa has got around and done a hell of a lot in the Zelda franchise, only the hardcore fans know that. The more casual gamers think much less of her than they do of Agitha if you just play through the game. Even if you study things carefully. Arguably her biggest role, Oracle of Ages, only has her appearing right at the start of the game. Without seeing her official artwork, I'd also imagine her as extremely flighty in that game. Skyward Sword is her other big title, and you don't interact with her once, therefore she is not memorable in the slightest.

Therefore, I argue with the one main-series game Agitha is in, she has a bigger impact on the player than all of Impa's appearances put together. Unless you bought a story book thing to go along with your Zelda I game, Impa in Ocarina of Time was her first appearance for you. She has incredibly minor roles, and her appearances from game to game all look very different. Therefore, the player also commonly fails to realize that all of the Impas are actually the same, or whether a particular character is Impa at all! You know who Agitha is. She is that little creepy 10-Year Old from Twilight Princess. She gives you the big wallet, the giant wallet and a bunch of rupees if you bring bugs to her, which in itself is a fun little mini-quest type thing. A player who has played through Twilight Princess recently will be able to say "oh! Agitha! She's..." immediately. A player who's played through a game with Impa in (besides Hyrule Warriors) in recently would most likely have to think first before they can detail what she actually does in the game.

I would also like to argue that Agitha is more POPULAR than Impa. Yes, I know, it's a thing. If you search "Impa Zelda -'hyrule warriors' -dynasty" (because some people are calling Hyrule warriors Legend of Zelda Dynasty) the first result is... uhh... this..... I'm going through the search results and I can find nothing like deviantart, or any substantial fan's work besides some stories some people are writing, and threads talking about her being hot and whether she is black or not. If we search "Agitha Zelda -'hyrule warriors' -dynasty" the first result is this. Why is it actually a YouTube video about Agitha? Well, for one thing, she DOES SOMETHING in her game. Seriously, search "Impa -hyrule -warriors" into YouTube. You get some some Skyward Sword things there. The second result is about a mod of Ocarina of Time, not actually Ocarina of Time, and the majority of the videos don't appear to like Impa very much. For example, one of the videos is titled SPOILER ALERT FOR SKYWARD SWORD:
The Legend Of Zelda; Skyward Sword - Goodbye Fi, And Impa
That's Fi first, Impa second. There's even a comma there for you to put an awkward break in the sentence as you read it in your head.

Now we search "Agitha Zelda - hyrule -warriors". First result is Agitha from TP. Actually, ALL of the results are Agitha from TP. A couple of them are Agitha's Castle theme, because she got her own area and music theme, unlike Impa, and... well, this. If this isn't fan's work, then I don't know what is... yeah, OK.... Here's more of some fan's work...

Once again, Agitha is an interesting character with a surprisingly huge fan base and would be a fantastic addition to Super Smash Bros.. She would have an amazing, unique playstyle, unlike other characters such as Impa, and she has an incredibly lovable and unique personality.

I would like to once again urge EVERYONE to visit her character thread before rating her tomorrow! You might just change your mind! :) http://smashboards.com/threads/princess-of-insects-agitha.359554/

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Agitha does NOT have a great impact than Impa. I can think of several characters more iconic than Agitha, like Malon or Happy Mask Salesman, and none of them are more likely in Smash because of Midna/Skull Kid being an Assist Trophy and having a fanbase.

Please, like a character all you want, but stay logical when it comes to chances. Let the want rating show your love, not your chance rating.

I will say that from what I see so far I might keep my ratings basic tomorrow and escape to avoid raging all over this beautiful thread.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Commander Shepard:

Chance and Want: 100%. He's been my most wanted newcomer since the first Mass Effect, and now that Nintendo is acquiring Bioware as revenge for Rare, it's all but guaranteed. I couldn't be more excited.
Unrevealed Unlockable Veteran:

Chance and Want: 100%. This seems like a given? I do like unlocking things, so...

------ Nominations:

Jill Valentine x2
Non Chorus Kid Rhythm Heaven Rep x3

(Oh, I'm sorry, did you guys want double zeroes today?)

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Agitha does NOT have a great impact than Impa. I can think of several characters more iconic than Agitha, like Malon or Happy Mask Salesman, and none of them are more likely in Smash because of Midna/Skull Kid being an Assist Trophy and having a fanbase.

Please, like a character all you want, but stay logical when it comes to chances. Let the want rating show your love, not your chance rating.

I will say that from what I see so far I might keep my ratings basic tomorrow and escape to avoid raging all over this beautiful thread.
To those of us who were around for the N64 era, yes. Children connect with Agitha very well, as I know from my younger cousins and siblings you played through Twilight Princess. Malon and Happy Mask Salesman missed their opportunities in Melee because the Super Smash Bros. franchise was still fresh (and neither really provided what Agitha did, and have almost no moveset potential). Agitha is in a much higher league than those two because she has been shown fighting and has a much more apparent personality (than Happy Mask Salesman, anyway, Malon is just a cutie pie). Agitha is also recent right now, unlike the two examples you gave above. IMO we should have a character to appeal to the younger audience/girls in every big franchise. Peach in Mario, Jigglypuff in Pokémon... Agitha could be a fantastic candidate for Zelda.

Also, Agitha is really quite Kawaii. She would fit in great in an anime, and Japan loves that! :p

As you guys may have guessed, I am prepared to fight for our little insect princess here, and this is why I encourage you to argue your points over in Agitha's thread right now! I will be arguing for our little girl for most of the day tomorrow in this thread, too, but I will try to remain calm at all times.

I also added a character's section over in the thread, seeing as Agitha's big day is coming up tomorrow.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Commander Shepard:

Chance and Want: 100%. He's been my most wanted newcomer since the first Mass Effect, and now that Nintendo is acquiring Bioware as revenge for Rare, it's all but guaranteed. I could be more excited.
Nevermind, I'm escaping right now.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It's all fun and games until someone decides to throw off everyone's predictions...

When I started nominating the idea I saw there was a lot of thinking all over that we'd get veteran reveals frequently post-E3 starting with Game and Watch due to the Pac-Man video. Meanwhile I figured we'd probably get no more veteran reveals, maybe one or two, and the rest would be unlockable, so I wanted to see the consensus.

Of course, as time passed it became more and more obvious that the veterans missing must be unlockables, hence what we have today. I believe there's more veterans left now than weeks before release in Japan.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, we have what now, 11 Brawl veterans that aren't presumed to be on the chopping block, with 9-10 weeks to go? I bet we'll see anywhere from 2-4 veteran reveals in that time frame, with the rest shown after release.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Commander Shepard: 0% and 0%

Unrevealed, unlockable veteran...

90% chance
50% want
I don't really care whether everything is revealed before release. I will find out at release anyway. I would prefer before release since I honestly won't care as much about the site once Smash 4 3DS comes out. I will still look at it, but I probably won't stay up late for it or check daily.

Predictions:
Agitha - 3%
*sigh* there are apparently some people who will bring this average up. Everyone else will be giving close to 0%

Non-Chorus Kids RH character - 10%
Mainly because of Marshall

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Chance and Want: 100%: He's been my most wanted newcomer since the first Mass Effect, and now that Nintendo is acquiring Bioware as revenge for Rare
Once more for old time's sake, eh?
YOU'RE CORNERED!

Mr. Gatherer, I've spotted a number of contradictions
in that piece of testimony!

Dude. What?

First of all, you just cited Commander Shepard as your
most wanted character. However, I have never seen you
advocate for him before, he's not in your signature, and
you were not the one who nominated him to the top.

You're lying! Death to the lawyer! Give him death!

Now that I think about it, something else seems strange.
Did you say that Nintendo is buying BioWare to get back
at Microsoft over Rare's acquisition?

Might have said that, yeah.

That makes no sense, Kenith!
First, BioWare is owned by EA and not by Microsoft.
Second, there is absolutely no evidence that Nintendo
is even interested in BioWare.
Third, you are a living contradiction!

Groose, you're so mean!
Prosecutor von Karma, help me!

Why do I always get the worst witnesses?

I'm afraid I'll have to ignore this rating.
It's extremely questionable.
Feel free to try again tomorrow, Mr. Gatherer.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Once more for old time's sake, eh?
YOU'RE CORNERED!

Mr. Gatherer, I've spotted a number of contradictions
in that piece of testimony!

Dude. What?

First of all, you just cited Commander Shepard as your
most wanted character. However, I have never seen you
advocate for him before, he's not in your signature, and
you were not the one who nominated him to the top.

You're lying! Death to the lawyer! Give him death!

Now that I think about it, something else seems strange.
Did you say that Nintendo is buying BioWare to get back
at Microsoft over Rare's acquisition?

Might have said that, yeah.

That makes no sense, Kenith!
First, BioWare is owned by EA and not by Microsoft.
Second, there is absolutely no evidence that Nintendo
is even interested in BioWare.
Third, you are a living contradiction!

Groose, you're so mean!
Prosecutor von Karma, help me!

Why do I always get the worst witnesses?

I'm afraid I'll have to ignore this rating.
It's extremely questionable.
Feel free to try again tomorrow, Mr. Gatherer.

Great, now you've got me listening to Ace Attorney music. Now I won't ever get anything productive done. Thanks, Groose.

Groose

Smash Champion
Great, now you've got me listening to Ace Attorney music. Now I won't ever get anything productive done. Thanks, Groose.
Really? Personally, the Pursuit themes always get me pumped up. Listened to that medley almost every night last year as I was doing homework, and I ended up with straight A's. Perhaps you should try to cool off with some Fragrance of Dark Coffee? It was almost always the song I'd listen to after finishing my work--such a beautiful reward. I'm convinced that I'm a quarter of the views on that video.

[I'll vote in a sec, but first, where do I find what to nominate [x5 and stuff] for?]
This guy summed it up perfectly, so I'll just quote him incase you didn't see it.
You can nominate anything you want so there's not any sort of rule as to what you can nominate (though we advise you not to nominate things that have no chance (eg. Master Chief or... Commander Shepheard)). If you want to see what you've nominated you can find all nominations on the first page on the nominations list.
Please Give Me Some Music Suggestions For Commander Shepard
My Theme Goes With Everything!

@ Groose Groose
I'll be leaving to China tomorrow and I doubt I'll be here.
So here are my ratings for tomorrow c:
(have to do this for Agitha)
Agitha:
Chance: 0.3%
I originally thought she had a 0% chance, but @ J jigglover made some decent cases n her favor, and I do think she is slightly above 0. Still, I think it would be weird for a Twilight Princess character that's not Midna or Zant to make it.
Yep, 100. And I'm not just jumping on some bandwagon because she's in HW, I've actually really liked Agitha for a long time. HW only proved to me that she'd make an interesting character. My fingers are crossed for her as DLC, which is still unlikely but far less close to impossible.
RH not CM:
Chance: 0.1%
I believe the leak is real, therefore this would mean 2 RH characters and I seriously doubt that
Want: 5%
Chorus Men or bust
Hah. I can't believe I just said that.
Oh well, nom time.

x5 Cia
I also won't be here, so I'll just do this:
@Brawler610
Can you remember to add these in tomorrow?

Shepard: Doppelnull
Unrevealed Unlockable Newcomers: Doppelhundert

That's pretty much all I have to say about today's stuff. Unrevealed Unlockable Newcomers sounded like a great idea a month or two back, but with all the stuff we haven't seen yet, I'm positive in it. Normally I'm conservative with my 100% and 0% scores, but I find them apt for today.

"Punch Bowl" x5

DAY OVER

I KNOW YOU HAVE BUGS

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Commander Shepard
0.00% chance
6.42% want

...what is this sorcery! We actually did it--we collectively produced a score that rounded down to a flat zero! WOOOOHOOOOOO! Oh, and Shepard fans--that want score may be abysmal, but Adam Malkovich still has the lowest score by far--he clocks in at a nift 0.43% want.

Unrevealed Unlockable Veteran
96.86% chance
80.44% want

It's happened twice now, and both times it was popular. It seems it will happen again, and it remains quite popular. Nothing to see here, folks. Still, it's fun to contrast these scores with Shep's, eh?

Today? Bugs. Lots of them. Yeah. Agitha the Bug Princess is coming to Rate Their Chances. In Twilight Princess, she was a fairly minor yet very popular NPC who collected all of your bugs, but just recently she's been announced as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. Can she do it in Smash, too? In addition, we're revisiting the Rhythm Heaven franchise. Again. This time we're talking about the chance we get a character who isn't the Chorus Kids. Please rate Agitha and Non-Chorus Kids Rhythm Representative in chance and want. Tomorrow? We're discussing the chance of Purchasable DLC Newcomers and also of Crash Bandicoot. Predict away.

NOTE: I'm going to be out of commission for the next three days. I've received... an invitation of sorts. I may or may not be able to drop by, but I won't be running things. @Brawler610 , @lonekonwolf , @FalKoopa , and the others on the OP will be stepping up to run the game in my absence. Treat them with respect and listen to them, ja?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I DON'T CARE THAT THE DAY IS OVER I'M HERE FOR SHEPARD

Commander Shepard - 0%
No, this doesn't really bear explanation...but let's do it anyway! First off, the obvious: he's not iconic enough, he's from EA which isn't on good terms with Nintendo, and the series didn't even appear on a Nintendo console until the trilogy had already completed. Already he's not really a plausible pick, but it goes deeper. Shepard's also got the problem that he's a customizable protagonist, so his look is inconsistent and there's the whole FemShep issue that would have to be addressed. Worst of all, there's the whole problem of classes: his skillset varies wildly depending on which of the six classes you follow, and to have a prayer of making a quality representation of that diversity in Smash you'd have to mash together guns, tech, and biotics, which isn't actually possible in the base games. There's just too much difficulty in implementing Shepard properly in Smash, so even if we inexplicably got an EA rep in Smash, I'm pretty sure Shepard wouldn't be it.
Want - 0% - Mass Effect is one of my favorite video game series of all time. I've got all three Xbox 360 collector's editions lined up on my shelf, I've sunk literally hundreds of hours in between the games, and I've got plenty of merch besides. Heck, I even played that awful iOS game more in the vain hope it would actually be important. Doesn't change one simple thing: Shepard doesn't fit in Smash. More importantly, my Shepard couldn't ever appear in Smash, nor could anyone's really, so I'd rather he/she simply be left out. Now, if we're talking want for Mass Effect 4...

Unrevealed, Unlockable Veteran - 95%
Count on Jigglypuff.
Want - 100% - Sure, why not?

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Therefore, I argue with the one main-series game Agitha is in, she has a bigger impact on the player than all of Impa's appearances put together.
I don't even know how to interprete this.
You are in the right to like or support any character you want, but I think you are making a game subquest quite to big, really catching bugs IN ONE game is really that important to the player?, is the quest funny? well that is debatible.

And we don't know MAYBE Malon is playable too and she will summon horses and cows :laugh:

I agree that Agitha can be fun and unique but saying she is more memorable than Impa is a fabricated claim, you made to support your opinion and make it look stronger.

Wasn't Impa the one who helped Zelda escape from Hyrule Castle and teached her the sheika lore so Zelda can hide as Sheik?
Wasn't Impa the person who inspired Impaz name in TP?
Wasn't Kakariko and Hidden Village (the same place in different times) instructed to be build by Impa?
Wasn't Impa the one who protected Zelda from Ghirahim and appears in both young and old selfs in Skyward Sword?

You are subestimating Impa's credencials quite a bit. It's not really hard to know the character or see what she does to the series as you have claimed. Zelda and Link have had many designs and people still recognize them so even if Impa is quite different the name and role as Zelda's protector make her stick in the memory of Zelda players.

I don't even support or want Impa but supporting your claim that a subquest has a bigger role than a plot character who appears in various games is not right. Agitha is just a filler character in Hyrule Warriors added to diversify the roster, compared to Link and Zelda how are protagonist, Impa, Midna and Fi who are cannon allies. Agitha is just that NPC who has moveset potencial and make to the game. ( I like Agitha be the way but I am not blind enough to believe she stands up more than Impa at least at this point in time, who knows what will happen in the future).:colorful:

Just sharing my thoughts don't take them as an attack on Agitha greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom