• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
RH rep- 98%
Want- 100%, mah (choir) bois

Gematsu- 45%
Want- 0%, mah other 6+ most wanted

Purchasable DLC newcomers x5

Ms. Pac- 40%
Ooccoo crew- 17.8%

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Rhythm Heaven Rep - 95%
I don't want to give a perfect score because strange things can happen in development, but the fact that we have a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash Run pretty much says everything. That doesn't mean it will guaranteed be Chorus Men per the leak, but it does heavily imply that someone from the franchise will be playable.
Want - 0% - Not that an RH rep doesn't have some potential, but this is an SSB4 that has some pretty big oddballs in WFT and Villager, not to mention that Pac-Man and Miis aren't exactly "normal". We've got our weird quota more than filled, so I can't say I want more.

Only Gematsu - 50%
This is complicated, to say the least. I don't want to overthink it, so instead I'll oversimplify by basing this off one existing rating: Ridley. I think if we're going to see newcomers beyond the Gematsu leak, he's first in line, and his inclusion would be the "foot in the door" so to speak for any other surprises that might follow. I place Ridley at 50% chance, therefore there's a 50% chance that we just get the remaining three Gematsu newcomers. Could go more in depth, but as you can see by the want score below, it's not a scenario I particularly want to dwell on.
Want - 0% - Consider the alternative: getting newcomers beyond Gematsu implies an even larger roster than expected (over 50), more chances for fan favorites like Ridley or Isaac to make it in, and gives more chances for questionable veterans like Mewtwo, Lucas, and the other Trainer Pokemon to return. That sounds awesome! Meanwhile, my outlook for only Gematsu is much more bleak: I don't particularly care for any of the remaining newcomers, there's bound to be some unfortunate cuts among the veterans, there's no more surprise newcomers to look forward to, and none of my favorite potential newcomers are on the disc. Wouldn't keep me from getting the game or anything, but it's a bit of a depressing thought.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven character:
Chance: 85% Sal's tipper is pretty tough to argue against and the Smash Run enemy is definitely promising for one. My deduction comes from the sheer chance that the tipper got one more thing wrong wrong and my bias that Rhythm Heaven is a wonky choice for a character. Then again I have no clue how popular it is in Japan.

Want: 60% I'm mostly indifferent because I still don't really get how it would work, but I did love my time with the DS game so I'll bump it up to 60.

Gematsu is final newcomer roster:
Chance: 45% I mean, I guess it's a pretty good newcomer list. Got heavy hitters like the guests, Mac, and Palutena. Got some weird ones like WFT and Chorus. But even with all this it just feels like it's missing something.

Want: 10% I could live with it, especially after playing a bit of Xenoblade (holy **** Shulk's cool yes please), but geez I'd be a little bummed, especially since it basically kills Lucas. And there's no Wars rep. Heck, it basically sucks to have supported anyone in the GC/GBA era. And as indifferent to them as I am, it'd really suck for K. Rool and Ridley fans, particularly the former, as his series has gotten a lot of good press lately. And of course I'm bummed because I know all the newcomers pre-release again. I want to freak out at the challenger approaching sign, please.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Heaven character:
  • 90% (Marshal)
  • 20,9% (Other)
Want:
  • :love: (Marshal)
  • :) (Other)
Only Gematsu newcomers: 20.2%

Want:
  • :confused: (Chorous Men) / :love: (Marshal)
  • :ohwell: (Chrom)
  • :ohwell: (Shulk)
Chances:
  • 80,99% (Ms. Pacman Alt.)
  • 37.5% (Ooccoo Crew)

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Rhythm Heaven Character
Chance:
-Initial Roster: 95%
-DLC: 2% (40% if assuming not on initial roster)

The odds are looking good for Rhythm Heaven.

There's the Gematsu leak, of course, namedropping the Chorus Men months ago. While I and others have doubts toward the leak being absolute truth, I think it was pretty accurate for the time the source gained the information. We know that at least at one point the developers were having trouble getting the Ice Climbers to function properly because having to run Nana's complicated AI alongside multiple players taxed the 3DS version's processing (causing lag, I guess?). If they never figured it out, it'd spell trouble for the Chorus Men's trio act.

That said...Rhythm Heaven still has solid footing already, with the Sneaky Spirit enemy popping up in Smash Run in the demo. If the Chorus Men got the hook, I feel like a different RH character would take the stage in their place. Apparently there's this Marshal character a lot of people are interested in?

Or maybe we're completely off base and the only nod Rhythm Heaven's getting is an enemy and however many trophies. Stranger things have happened.

Want: Abstain

I don't know enough about Rhythm Heaven to make a fair judgment on any of its characters.

Only Remaining Newcomers are the Gematsu Trio
Chance: 60%

There's been a lot of back and forth about the leak, lines drawn in the sand and sides taken. There are some very valid arguments questioning the leak, and up until September 13th, every character thread that hasn't shown up in the games in some form yet still has reason to hope.

But...I keep remembering seven years ago (Wow, has it really been that long since Brawl's development?). I remember how word first got out of a leak claiming only 39 characters in 35 spots. There was the same arguing, the same taking of sides and in-fighting. "Why would Sakurai leave the roster at less than 40?" people said. "Wolf? You're telling me they made two Fox clones this time?" "Toon Link? Seriously?"

But then Brawl came out in Japan, and the roster was exactly that.

As long as there's still reason to hope, we should keep up the support, especially if character DLC is a thing. Deep down, though...I'm worried history will repeat itself.

Want: 0%

But I still stand with everyone who hopes Sakurai still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

(By the way, how do nominations work here?)

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hi everyone!
RH Rep.
Chance: 99%
RH is one of the most important new franchise from Nintendo, it have sense that it have a playable character in. The only thing I can see against is time restricts.
Want: 100%
I think that can have a big potential, and I love the WTF characters.

Only Gematsu Newcomer
Chance: 65%
12 newcomer sounds believable, but he didn't predicted Rosalina, so there can be more.
Want: 68%
I'm OK with this list, but I still want King K. Rool, Mewtwo (I don't know if Sakurai wold count him as a veteran or a newcomer), Takamaru and Anna.

Purchasable DLC Music x5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Heaven Chance: 90%
Want: 60%
I'm extremely confident in Gematsu being accurate, and on the off-chance that it's wrong I still think we'll get a character from the series due to the existence of a character from the series in Smash Run. Personally I've never played any games in the series, but it seems like a really quirky series, and I'm always for seeing representation from other franchises

Only Gematsu Chance: 40%
The fact that Gematsu never said anything about Rosalina makes me think that there will be at least a few more characters in the game. If it was only Gematsu newcomers+Rosalina, we'd have 12 newcomers, which is traditionally less than normal. I think we'll get two or three characters that weren't stated in the leak, but there is a real possibility of these being the only newcomers. Obviously I want as many characters as possible hence the 0%, and I'd be pretty disappointed if this is all we got, considering that the only newcomer that I wanted who actually got in was Pac-Man, while characters like K.Rool, Paper Mario, and Ridley didn't.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Rhythm Heaven Character
Chance: 90%
Want: 75%

Only Gematsu Characters
Chance: 70%
Want: 50%

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Rhythm Heaven Character

Chance: 90%
Want: 40%

Only Gematsu Characters:

Chance: 75%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Rhythm Heaven Charater

Chance - 92% - Slightly higher than what I rated the Gematsu Leak.

Want - 50% - It all comes down to who exactly it is. I'm most partial to Joe, though the title screen girl wouldn't be half bad.

Only Gematsu

Chance - 60% - Quite likely, but I think there is a chance there could be someone else.

Want - 0% - If this happens, there aren't any newcomers I am looking forward to.

Predictions

Ms. Pac-Man - 49.29% - Just a random guess.

Ooccoo + Jr. - 0.03% - Ha. What a pointless pair.

Nominations
DK Silhouette Stage X5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rhythm Heaven Character - 99%

Yeah, I believe all of the Gemastu leak's newcomers are getting in at this point. Even if it isn't true, the Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run show that the series is being acknowledged, so I'm certain we're getting a Rhythm Heaven character, most likely the Chorus Kids.

Want - 90%

Chorus Kids have grown on me quite a bit, honestly, although I would prefer Karate Joe or the Wrestler if only because they could incorporate an additional fighting-style into their moveset.

Come to think of it....Rhythm Heaven is yet another series I first heard about here, and I still have yet to play a game from it's franchise.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GREAT GAMES THAT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN A CHANCE TO PLAY

Well, at some point, I'll see if I can find a copy of Fever, and see how it works out for me.

Gemastu Newcomers Only - 65%

Honestly, the only newcomers I can see us getting at this point not in this leak are K. Rool, and maybe, just maybe Ridley. It was never stated in the leak that it was talking about all of the newcomers, but it sure as heck does mention a lot of them, and it's looking to be more and more true as more of it's leaked newcomers are revealed.

Abstaining from want.

Ms. Pac-man Alt. Prediction - 35.04%

Oocoo & Oocoo Jr. Prediction - 0%

DK Silhouette Stage x5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Rhythm Heaven character:
Chance:70%
Definitely a possibility, with the Gametsu leak saying that the Chorus Men are in and with the Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run. However, there is still the chance that we might not have one, but it's looking pretty likely at this point.

Want:50%
Really depends who the character is, as there are characters I'd love to see from the franchise (such as Rhythm Reporter and Wrestler) and there are characters that I'd hate to see from the franchise. So, 50% sounds fairly good.

Gematsu only:
Chance:20%
Since I'm not really a believer of the leak (although, I'm not a disbeliever either, I believe that it is entirely possible that the leak could be true) I have a hard time putting a chance on this. However, in the case that it is true, this is mst likely the not rest of the newcomers, as he didn't predict Rosalina, and only 12 newcomers sounds like a really low count. I like others, believe that if the leak is true, that the rest of the Gematsu are starter characters. (With the exception of Chrom, because I'm still going to hold onto the hope that he mistook Lucina for Chrom)

Want:0%
Just please, let this not the all the characters, or else Chrom and Mii's aren't going to get any mercy from me. :evil::demon:

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Chance: 95%

The leak seems correct at this point, and the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run all beit confirms for me. That being said, Rhythm Heaven could just end up being this game's Electroplankton.

Want: 80%

Depends on the character. My top picks are Chorus Kids and Rhythm Girl, but my bottom picks are Karate Joe and Marshall. Either way, I would love a rhythm-based character in Smash!

Only Gematsu Newcomers
Chance: 50%

It really could go either way at this point. If the other three get announced before release, than my vote will be 0% however.

I would be fine with that being the roster, but I can't say I wouldn't want even more surprises.

Ms. Pac-Man Alt: 67.23%

Oocoo and Oocoo Jr: 0.67% (Really?)

Ditto Pokeball x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Heaven Character:
Chance- 90%
Between the leak and Smash Run... yeah.
Want- 50%
It merits one, I guess. I just don't love any particular character or their design. I'll hold to indifference until I see the character(s) in action.

Only Gematsu Newcomers:
Chance- 68%
Sure, there is Rosalina. But how many more characters can this game have? Sakurai stressed multiple times that the focus would not be on adding characters, and this was the guy who was really proud of Brawl's 35 slots. With nine newcomers already revealed, plus the final Gematsu three, that would make twelve in total. Frankly, that's as much, if not more, than I was originally expecting.
Want- 0%
Unfortunately, for the most part, they haven't been the characters I've been wanting. Sure, I've come around to accepting or even enjoying most of them, I can't help but feel disappointed. Also, I'm not sure if I could ever be convinced that adding Chrom is a good idea now that Ike is back.
I don't need a whole lot more. Give me K. Rool or Isaac and I'd be happy. I'd be satisfied to even just see Ridley (I'll share my more recent opinions on him if he ever comes back around. :p)

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Rhythm Heaven newcomer: 99% - Even if the leak isn't true I'm certain that we're getting one after Sneaky Spirits showed up.
Want: 60% - I'm in support of one now, though I'm still not quite sold on the most likely pick, Chrous Kids. If it was Marshal in the leak than this would be 90%.

Gematsu Only: 30% - I can see one or two more characters happening.
Want: 50% - The lack of a DK newcomer and Ridley brings this down. I'll be disappointed if neither happen. Still, I already have four of my top ten (Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena), a fifth apparently on the way (Chrom), and a very nice surprise (Greninja), so I can't complain too much.

Ms. Pac-Man Alt prediction: 58.28% - I have no idea.
Oocoo and Oocoo Jr.: 0.03% - lol

Lor Starcutter x5

Last edited:

Daniee

Smash Cadet
Rhythm Heaven character
Chance: 99%
Same reasons everyone else has given.

Want: 75%
I've barely played any Rhythm Heaven games, but I support new franchises being represented.

Only Gematsu newcomers
Chance: 80%
This is what I'm expecting. The remaining three leaked characters plus the veterans I can't imagine not returning would put the roster number in the high 40s, which is what I expected from the start. Salromano's source not leaking Rosalina to me only says that she was revealed before she could get leaked in the second batch of characters. The same guy sent Salromano a third e-mail and revealed no further newcomers, so I think that's it.

And on a more personal note, I've been down this road too many times before to expect more. A roster leak for a fighting game comes out that seems very plausible and I've thought to myself "There's probably more the leaker doesn't know." But there never is. I'm not going to let myself think that again; history is just going to repeat itself.

I support Shulk and Chorus Kids; I don't like Chrom. Newcomers aren't a very big deal for me anyway, so I'm mostly indifferent.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I wasn't around here yesterday I am glad for two reasons
First: Thank you guys for the love you showed Bandit yesterday it touched my heart ( I expected a 0 chance and want)
Second: It's still RH and Gematsu only day, yes I am still on time!

Rhythm Heaven character
Chance: 98% With the impecable streak that the leak has and the presence of those enemies in Smash Run these guys have everything in their favor. So who is the characters representative that is the biggest question so far unless you belive that Chrous Kids are the obvious choice thanks again for the Gematsu leak.

Want: 50% since I have never played or watched this franchise in action is a bit hard for me to really like or dislike these characters, I am wondering if there will be only one or three of them or only one that materialize the other two for attacks? well noteless I am sure them will be an interesting option.

Gematsu leak only newcomers
Chance: 65% so far the only missing character in the leak is Rosalina so, I give the chance a bit of a boost from a half way perspective, because the leak has described accuretely every other newcomer.

Want: Abstain
I have manifested in the past my bias for Palutena, so I am not really entusiastic about the rest of the newcomers for me every character revealed after or before her is just a little bonus added to this wonderful game, I like the characters revealed so far and I also would like to see the 3 leak missing ones, so I wouldn't feel dissapointed if that's all, (still Ridley wouldn't hurt).

Nominations
Amazon Pandora x 5

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Rhythm Heaven Character
Chance
: 100%
I believe in the Salromono leak he's hasn't been proven wrong yet! And with the Sneaky Sprits appearing in Smash Run it's likely.
Want: 40%
I don't know hardly any thing about Rhythm Heaven, I've never played the games. Rhythm Heaven as what like two games it's kinda of a Scarce Franchise, However I wouldn't gripe if they made their debut in Smash Bros.

Gematsu Newcomers
Chance
They have been right (so far)
Want: 90%
I support Chrom and Shulk they are likely candidates. I hope they make it in.

On a Side Note, I do believe all characters Sal/Gematsu mentioned are all in the game. Also I believe Sakurai was aware of the leak and put Rosalina in the game to try and throw them off track!

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Gematsu Newcomers
Chance
I support all the Characters they metioned with the exception of Chours Kids (cause I don't know much about them)

On a Side Note, I do believe all characters Sal/Gematsu mentioned are all in the game. Also I believe Sakurai was aware of the leak and put Rosalina in the game to try and throw them off track!
We are rating having no other newcomers besides Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Kids. You might want to adjust your rating accordingly.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Gematsu Newcomers
Chance
I support all the Characters they metioned with the exception of Chours Kids (cause I don't know much about them)

Note that the want isn't how much you want the characters in the leak as much as it is how much you want only the characters in the leak.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Rhythm Heaven character
Chance: 85% - The Leak
Want: 50% - I don't care anymore

Only newcomers from The Leak
Chance: 10% - King K. Rool
Want: 0% - See above

Predictions
Ms. Pac-Man alt. costume: 35%
Ooccoo/Jr.: .05%

Nominations: Crash Bandicoot x10

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Rhythm Heaven Rep -

Chance: 100% - I can even tell you who it is. In fact, if you've read up about the other half of this RTC, you can too.
Want: 100% - I see a lot of potential in them and support them wholeheartedly. Beats another generic anime swordsman or some dumb dragon anyday.

Gematsu Leak Completes Roster -

Chance: 100% - If we're being honest with our chance ratings, then I have to put forth my belief. Several things conspire to make this my chance, and I'll go ahead and put forth a summary of my reasoning:

- Rosalina may have been the exception to the rule of Gematsu. This is the only point of speculation that can really be made and, combined with the rest of the evidence below, paints a picture of Nintendo just beating the leaker to the punch as far as the reveal.
- O12 is inviolate(This means Ness, Cpt. Falcon, and Jigglypuff all return).
- Mario Theory(No franchise is allowed to outnumber the Mario series on the CSS. This combined with Jigglypuff's imminent return shuts the door on Mewtwo returning).
- Lucas is gone as per Gematsu(Ness kills his chances).
- Ivysaur and Squirtle's demise I shouldn't need to elaborate on, but they're cut as per PT's removal due to his mechanic being scrapped. They don't have the star power to exist without Charizard anyway.
- Kojima stated he wasn't contacted whether or not Snake was to be in Smash 4 and this was as of a year ago. Sakurai's own words put the roster being finalized at least two years ago. Snake's not in this time.
- The current known characters(33), added to the characters remaining to be confirmed from Gematsu(3), along with the outstanding Brawl Veterans still MIA(11 - Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and Lucas are all cut), it adds up to 47 characters. Since we know Random has a slot as per the Smashfest demos, it gives 48 cells, which fits cleanly on a single screen on the 3DS as well as on the Wii U. No other roster number does this.

Want: 65% - I'll cover the good and the bad from where I see it.

The Good:

- Ness and Jiggly return, praise be to based Sakurai.
- Chorus Kids/Men look fun and unique.
- R.O.B. returns! :D
- I'm cool with the Miis.
- I'll admit, I'd like the CSS to be static rather than needing to scroll around.

The Bad:

- No room for Krystal, sadly.
- Too many anime swordsmen for my liking in Shulk and Chrom, but they'll be easy enough to ignore.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Beats another generic anime swordsman
Too many anime swordsmen for my liking in Shulk and Chrom, but they'll be easy enough to ignore.
I respect everyone's opinion here, but god how i hate the "Generic Anime Swordsman" term, like people have probably never even played Xenoblade Chronicles, yet apparently Shulk is not an interesting character just because he weilds a sword, so I invite you to either play the game, or at least check the Shulk thread to see that he's far more than just a "Generic Anime Swordsman".

Anyway, on to the ratings:

-RH rep chance: 98% Gematsu leak, Enemies in Smash Run, pretty much guaranteed at this point.

-RH rep want: 70% On one side they have moveset potential, on the other side i have never played RH so i cannot sympathize with them. However the rythm based moveset ideas i've seen people do for them seem really interesting

-Gematsu leak only newcomers chance: 80% If there were more the guy would have probably mentioned them by now, but who knows.

-Want: 0% Keep in my mind that this only applies as if we get the Gematsu newcomers and no one else, otherwise it would still have the Gematsu newcomers plus more, and i don't see the problem in craving for more.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
RH rep
Chances: 99%
With the leak and the Sneaky Spirits, we're very likely to get a rep from this series.

I'm ambivalent since I've never played the series, but it could be interesting to see.

Only Gematsu newcomers
Chances: 70%
There's definitely a possibility that there's more, Rosalina has proved that, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's all we're getting.

Want: 10%
While there are newcomers that I like, there are still characters that I'd like to see playable in the game as well.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Rhythm Heaven rep.
Chance: 100% Dat leak.
Want: 100% Be Welcome!

Only Gematsu Newcomers
Chance: 0% I didn't understand, sounds ambiguous, we already have a non Gematsu, Rosalina. But if we are talking about the possibility of the other three newcomers are the only three missing, the chance is a 40% I think we are going to get more, because of the amount of non Gematsu characters teased so far.
Want: 20% I want these newcomers but not just these newcomers.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Nominations: Eirika x5
Funny enough, I happen to be playing through the Sacred Stones again right now. I'm just about to promote her to a Great Lord.

(By the way, how do nominations work here?)
You get five nominations a day! Keep using them day after day to push whatever you want to the top of the nominations list, which is at the third post of this thread. When it gets to the top, it will be rated.

You can also earn five extra nominations by predicting how a character will score the day before we rate them. If you get closer than everyone else, you win! This is a great way to try to nominate something up quicker.

If you need a more thorough elaboration, just ask me or one of the others, and we'll try to help!

Rhythm Heaven: 95%
Both the Gematsu Leak and the Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run seem to make this very, very likely. I think I'm more confident in this than I am in having Shulk or Chrom.

Rhythm Want: 50%
I've had some lengthy experience with the DS installment in the past, and I actually purchased the Wii iteration just last week. I think something from this wacky world has the potential to be really, really cool--but it also has the potential to be really, really gimmicky. I'm cautiously optimistic about this nowadays.

Only Gematsu Chance: 51%
I think that this is probable. Yes, Rosalina happened before. However, she was announced when only six characters had been leaked; the leaker hadn't revealed much at all, and there was no way he revealed everything. Now that twelve characters have been leaked, I found it doubtful we will surpass that. Additionally, while Gematsu is still outdated, its most recent information is still probably recent enough to know all of the characters that had made it onto the roster. A character not mentioned would surprise, yet not shock me.

Only Gematsu Want: 0%
Why on Earth would I want ONLY something I am very confident in when there could potentially be more? Naturally, I would like to have some stuff unrevealed.

x5 "In The Final"
SHOWTIME! It's time for us to rate the chances of one of the best songs in Mario's storied history.

DAY OVER

LOOSE THE GROOSE!

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Only gematsu Characters - 40%
While possible it could be all that we get, the guy missed rosalina, I'm sure there's another he missed.
So ill go on the down low of the medium
Want - 50%
Meh shulk is good but the others really aren't,
Then again all I could really care about at this point is shulk and bandana dee so meh
Rhythm haven character - 80%
the gematsu leak and rhythm have smash run, its pretty darn likely but strange things can happen during development, so I wouldn't put it as almost confirmed.
Want - 50%
I wouldn't care
Ms pacman alt. - 65%
Seems likely given past alts
Ooccoo/Jr. - 0%
I have good faith
Nominations - i've got none
Now time to get off my lazy butt
Edit: first time i've rated in awhile, and I'm ninja'd by groose

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Rhythm Heaven Character
93.81% chance (was 14.29%)
65.77% want (was 37.98%)

Say hello to what may be our largest chance change of all time. A Rhythm Heaven character went from exceedingly unlikely and largely unwanted to exceedingly likely and highly wanted. I don't know why, but this makes me laugh.

Only Gematsu Newcomers
49.30% chance
16.10% want

...in the end, it turns out that I'm not the only one who expects that we know every newcomer that we're going to get. This turned out to be very, very close, but we ultimately deemed it slightly unlikely that the Gematsu Leak has the scoop on every newcomer in the game. People certainly don't want that to happen, though.

So, today we'll be talking about Ms. Pac-Man. Could she manage to make the cut as an alternate costume for Namco's mascot? Does she have what it takes? I don't think I need to tell you who she is. Please rate Ms. Pac-Man in chance and want.

Ms. Pac-Man isn't the only character we're rating today. We're also rating Ooccoo and Ooccoo Jr. from Twilight Princess. Unlike Ms. Pac-Man, I feel this one needs a little explanation. This character is essentially an item that you find in every dungeon. It allows you to teleport back to the first room of a dungeon. Eventually, you can find its home, where many creatures like it can be used to slow your fall to help you solve puzzles. Ooccoo is an extremely minor character from an older game with a nonexistent movepool and awkward body shape. Even if the roster were 500 characters large, Ooccoo would be lucky to be an Assist Trophy; it will not be a playable character in Smash Bros. ever. Please give Ooccoo a 0% or 0.01% chance and whatever you feel like in want.
It needed to be said.

Tomorrow we'll be discussing a DK Silhouette Stage and Aran Ryan from the Punch-Out franchise. Predict away!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ms. Pac-Man

Chance: 50%
I don't really know if I can predict that Pac-Man will be getting special treatment over the other two third-party characters.

Want: 70%
Sure. I actually liked playing Ms. Pac-Man in the arcades, and wouldn't mind her presence.

Please give Ooccoo a 0% or 0.01% chance and whatever you feel like in want.
Okay.

Ooccoo

Chance and want: 0%

D

Deleted member

Ms. Pac-Man Costume and Ooccoo have been added to the Directory.

Ms. Pac-Man Costume
Chance:
Abstain

Honestly... I dunno. I haven't put too much thought into it.
If it happens? Cool. If it doesn't? Meh.

Ooccoo
Chance and Want:
0%

(I intended to post this for this day)

DK Silhouette Stage Prediction: 25.30%
I can't think of a good prediction.
Aran Ryan Prediction: .77%
His luck is going to run out here.

Nominations: Owain 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Ms. Pac-Man - How can she be a Pac-MAN if she is a Ms.?
Chance: 50% Can go either way.
Want: 40% I don't care. Really.

Oocoo- Wat?
Chance: 0% I usually say nothing is 0% but this is 0%
Want: 0% No!

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Ms Pac-Man Alt
Chance: 75%
It wouldn't take too much effort and we already have multiple alts for other fighters like Wireframe Mac, Skyward Sword Link, Wii Fit Trainers and multiple nd since Namco is developing it, I think they would want to push it.
Wamt: 100%
The more variation the better.

Ooccoo and Oocco Jr

Chance: 0%
Okay, who was the person who brought this up?!

This:
upload_2014-7-1_12-18-51.png

Noms:
5 x DKC: Tropical Freeze representation

Predictions:
DK silhouette stage - 40%
Aran Ryan - 10%

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Ms. Pac-Man:
Chances: 35%
Want: 10%

-Ooccoo:
Chances: 100%
Want: 100%
Problem Groose?...OK...Double zeroes.

-Nominations: Ghirahim X5

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Mrs Pac-Man costume
Chance 20% - I don't think the producers will go down the Smurfette principle with Pac.
Want 0% - so unnecessary.

-Ooocoo
Chance 0% - are we seriously running out of characters to rate? this is worse than Bandit.
Want 0% - not now not ever. Too ugly.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Oocoo
Chance: 0% - See Groose's post.
Want: 79% - The second best new character in Twilight Princess. I love her (his?) creepy design and knowing that everyone else hates her so much only makes her the perfect troll character.

Ms. Pac-man alt
Chance: 60% - I'd say it's more likely than not. We already have gender swap versions of villager and Wii Fit Trainer.
Want: 0% - I don't like her design. They just added a bunch of female accessories to Pac-man to create this ridiculous looking character.

Predictions
DK silhouette stage: 12%
Aran Ryan: 0.1%

Nominations: Commander Shepard x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ms. Pac-Man alt

Chance: 30% - Its possible given that Villager & Wii Fit Trainer have gender swap versions of each other but eh, I'm not feeling it.
Want: 35% - Wouldn't mind if it happened & wouldn't cry if it didn't happen

Oocoo

Chance: Abstain
Want: 0% - Nope.

Nightmare x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Oocoo in general: 0%

Ms Pac-Man Alt Likelihood: 40%
Want: 85%
Of course, assuming it's Japanese Ms. Pac-Man and not the disgusting American one.

Sunset Shores: 14.45%
Aran Ryan: .35%

Non-Chorus Kids Rhythm Heaven character x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom