• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
E3 Satisfaction - 99% (and this is only because no Metroid)
Here is my hype ranking for the games that were shown (I watched all three conferences and thought each was very solid, but I am only ranking the game from Nintendo's)

MUST PRE-ORDER:
1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
5. Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire
6. Bayonetta 2 (featuring 1)
7. Devil's Third
8. Splatoon
9. Hyrule Warriors
10. Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
11. Star Fox
(3 to 10 are so closely ranked it isn't even funny)

MIGHT CONSIDER GETTING:
12. Yoshi's Woolly World
13. Mario Party 10
14. Mario Maker

DON'T PARTICULARLY CARE ABOUT AT ALL:
15. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
16. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Smash Bros

+ Gameplay mostly looked good. Definitely faster than Brawl (still don't get those people saying they can barely tell the difference)
+ Palutena was cool
+ Customization details were very intriguing.
+ Glad to see there are still some new modes we haven't seen for the 3DS... has me curious about what's going to be on the Wii U version, cuz it has to has some of its own cool modes
+ I'm confident there's still a lot of content. I'm really anxious to see if we're getting any newcomers besides the Gematsu leak characters... STILL waiting for Ridley's final status.

+/- Pac-Man was whatever.
+/- Amiibo... so far they don't look as evil and greedy as Disney Infinity. More like bonus content than a way to squeeze money out of the consumer. For what they've mentioned so far, you're getting a full-featured game before you get any Amiibos, as opposed to Disney Infinity which demands you pay pay pay to get any content. I might pick up one or two... I'd definitely be tempted by a Mega Man Amiibo, I'll tell you that much. But am I going to become a collector? No and I'll be annoyed if they really try to push me to be one.

- Mii Fighters were blech
- Smash 3DS delay, definitely not cool

Other game highlights...

Zelda U
Looks beautiful. I'm interested in what they're going to do. Was hoping we'd get to see a longer trailer than that though. But there's not a lot to go off yet, so I can't say I was super hyped beyond really enjoying the visual style.

Hyrule Warriors
Has definitely piqued my interest. Looking forward to it. Hoping we get to see more Zelda favorites playable (Ganondorf!)

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Looks great, was a lot easier to get an idea of what was going on than in previous footage. Not sure just how different it will be from Xenoblade Chronicles BUT I will definitely be getting this. They really should do an HD remake of XC sometime, because it really didn't get the sales it deserved (and it would look amazing).

Miscellaneous other games:

Splatoon
Looked like a fun and very original take on the FPS genre. I'm worried there won't be any local multiplayer. But they did say there were more modes and things we didn't see. And sorry, but if all you have is one stage, we do not need to see 5 hours of the game to get the picture!

Captain Toad
Looks like it might be worth a pick up. I hope there's more depth to it though to justify the $60 price tag.

Yoshi's Woolly World
Looks charming, but not sure if I'd get it. Kirby's Epic Yarn wore thin after a while since it just wasn't challenging.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
On the other hand, Kirby: Canvas Curse is one of the few Kirby games I've quite enjoyed... so I might pick this up.

Mario Maker
Might get this? Even if it's just to play other people's creations. Probably wouldn't pay more than $20 though.

Mario Party 10
Hmmmm... I just don't have a group of friends to play these types of games with anymore. I did back in middle and high school, but as much as I'd like to revisit the Mario Party series, I feel like it would sit on my shelf since my friends aren't interested.

Star Fox Wii U
Could be interesting... If it gets back to the Star Fox 64 level of quality. SF64 is really the only one I got into.

Bayonetta & Devil's Third
Mature doesn't matter to me. **** and blood does not make me want to buy your game. I will have to get more of an idea about the game play before I'd be interested in either one. The last console FPS I really enjoyed was Perfect Dark, tbh

Code Name STEAM
*shrug* it didn't grab me, but I'm willing to give it another look later

Missing: Metroid... Come on Nintendo, give us something good to get that Other M taste out of our mouths.

Summary:
All in all, Smash looked good, Zelda looked great, Xenoblade looked great, some other minor titles looked intriguing (Captain Toad, Kirby, Splatoon). Aside from the Mii Fighters, nothing really upset me. Just wish there was a Metroid title on the horizon.

E3 satisfaction: 80%
Solid performance. The expected things showed up and delivered. While I know there's plenty of good content for 2015, they didn't really dial my hype up to 10. There wasn't anything really unexpected that wowed me, but nothing was bad either.

ETA: Oh right, predictions...
Ridley: 37%
Well, he did get "most underrated" so there should be some improvement. I think E3 had stuff for both the Ridley believer and the Ridley skeptic. He didn't show up, and it would've been a good time to show him. But they also kept him hidden, didn't show Pyrosphere, which suggests something more interesting than stage hazard. Oh well.
Sceptile: 12%

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
E3 Satisfaction: 80%

The Nintendo Event was really well done, humorous, fan pleasing and had a few hints to stuff to come (Mother 3 VC?); moreover it wasn't the blowout I was expecting, which is actually a good thing as they're probably going to have a standard Direct late next month, allowing one more Smash Character reveal! And ya know, hopefully some hype game surprises...

They had some great games listed that I wanted more on, like Xenoblade Chronicles X and Hyrule Warriors, as well as surprises that I didn't know I wanted 'till I saw it, like Captain Toad, Rainbow Curse (well, I kinda knew I wanted a canvas curse follow-up, just put it to the side because I thought it'd never happen), and OMG Splatoon!

Splatoon stole the whole show for me, nothing else from Nintendo or any other developer is as exciting! Not even Smash Bros! It's new, looks great and seems to have some deep layers of strategy inside a very fun setting, and it was an instant pre-order!

The only two duds:
Mario Maker, which could well redeem itself if it brings some more interesting content (fan favorite enemies that weren't necessarily in the early games... Add new enemies that haven't been put in 2D Mario, and maybe some that haven't been done in that physics engine and you've got me, but as is I don't think there's going to be enough there to keep my interest.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. was handled really poorly, and I'm again holding out on more information. I liked Valkyria Chronicles so I do think it will be good, it just hasn't gotten me excited yet.

The two tech demos seemed a bit pointless, Project Guard looked intriguing, and i'd like to see how it can be utilized in a real game, but Project Giant Robot just looked boring, and far too unfinished to be at E3... I know they're just testing things out, but it felt like filler to include them, at least P:GR.

As for Smash, Mii Fighter wasn't great, but the trailer was! Palutena was fantastic except for the lack of coherent moveset... And Pac-Man was handled really poorly, which is sad given how great the trailer was.

The game definitely looks faster, but it doesn't seem much more kinetic... I do like some of the changes, like the ledge tumble, and am interested in seeing how the meta works, but right now I still think I'm sticking with P:M, but I do want to play the games! The two versions having slightly different speeds does worry me though...

Ridley not showing up was disappointing, I was expecting him as our E3 appearance, but hopes are still fairly high!

All looks pretty good so far, and Splatoon outweighs any Smash worries, so where're the low points?!

Well, no Metroid is one of them, especially after Reggie's hinting and this little bit of news, but given how expected Ridley is for Smash I can understand them pushing the reveal back 'till new year so people don't get confused, dissapointed or just plain stupid about it all... or if Ridley is a reveal in the next Direct he could come with the Metroid game reveals then... in all it hasn't effected my E3 satisfaction because I expect to see it later, but it hasn't added anything either...

No Fatal Frame either, we did get a teaser poster though, so I'm going to put it down to not being far enough in development at this stage, maybe for the new year again!

The big one, as you probably expect, is Dragon Quest! It was nowhere to be seen! In Nintendo Treehouse or Square Enix Presents! WHERE IS IT?!?!?! The stars are aligned for this release, everything has built up perfectly for this to be a thing, and nothing has appeared... instead we get Fantasy Life (which looks OK, but it's not Dragon Quest), and Final Fantasy VII G-Bike!

SE Presents could still pull it out at TGS, but they're wasting it there, DQ is huge, and Nintendo ans want jRPGs... That said we have heard that DQXI is coming to home consoles... and realistically that means Wii U or PS3 given the Japanese market... and my money goes to Wii U... maybe next year they'll do the E3 they should have this year!

All in all I would be at like 95% satisfaction if we got DQVII, and 100% is we got anything more from the DQ franchise, but as is Nintendo did do a good show... it just lacked the one thing I wanted most, and was fairly (and wrongly) confident we were getting...

Oh, yeah, predictions:

Sceptile: 17.7%
I don't think it'll drop that much thanks to the mega, and his being shown in action first in the E3 trailer... admittedly that is justifiable as he's the first in the Hoenn dex, but X and Y did show Charizard!

Ridley: 55.5%
We're a pretty mixed bunch. Pyrosphere being absent at the demo is a possitive, but him not being revealed at E3 is a bit of a surprise to some of his supporters (me included tbh, though he could just as easily be used as a last minute hype reveal). Some high, some low, but I think it'll knock onto the upper end of things.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
E3 Satisfaction: 90%.
The games that excited me the most were Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros (except for Pac-Man's inclusion) and Bayonetta 2. I also was utterly ecstatic when they announced Bayonetta 1 ported on Wii U.

Also, Yoshi's Wooly World, Hyrule Warriors and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse interest me a lot.

However I was really disappointed by Miyamoto's new IPs in which I'm not the slightest bit interested.

The biggest dissapointments for me were the lack of Veterans reveals for Smash Bros and the absence of a Majora's Mask announcment.

Still, I think Nintendo gave us an excellent E3 this year. I hope next E3 will be just as good.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
However I was really disappointed by Miyamoto's new IPs in which I'm not the slightest bit interested..
I thought they were just tech demos? Him playing about with ideas that may or may not end up as a small part in a final product...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Overall E3 Quality: 90%. The digital presentation was entertaining. The Treehouse was awesome coverage. The Invitational Tourney was incredibly hype. (MEGA MAN!!!! SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT!!!!) Everything about Nitendo's showing at E3 was very entertaining and it retrospectively made me sad I did not witness E3 2013's presentation.

As for the individual games? Here are my opinions, sorted by how hyped I am by each.

1. Hyrule Warriors: This game is more hype for me right now than Smash. I am not kidding. For a crossover, this game appears to be doing exactly everything right. The roster is shaping up to be awesome (MIDNA <3) the gameplay, while typical of it's series (though I have never played them) looks like mindless fun, except it isn't. The incorporate of the Zelda items is freaking excellent as well, I can't wait to use the Hookshot to pull down mini-moons and destroy enemies. Despite using another game's gameplay and being made by said company, this game looks like a huge love letter to the fans of the series, which, as a Zelda fan, know we don't get very much of, at least not in the form of games.

2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS: Obviously, I am super excited for this game. It's Smash. The Invitational tournament, as well as the Treehouse coverage have given me a really good look at the game, and it is looking excellent. It appears to be exactly what it set out to be; a little bit of Melee, a little bit of Brawl, and something new as well. The new info from all this coverage is awesome, as well. (Ghirahim's theme on Skyloft, for example). I have a feeling this game will turn out better than Brawl, honestly. Both versions, of course. However, one thing about the E3 info has bothered me. Mainly, the lackluster newcomer reveals. Mii Fighters represent something I strongly believed would not happen, and did not want to happen. The fact they are implemented so poorly is also irritatig. Also, Palutena was a bad character to reveal for E3, especially when there are no veteran reveals. Pac-Man's reveal was great, albeit badly timed.

3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: There isn't much to say about this game, except that it's good to finally see what direction they are taking with the game. The artstyle itself is really nice; it is a nice blend of the artstyle used in Wind Waker HD (omg dat bloom), Skyward Sword, and something completely of it's own. I know now that the hero is still Link, and that's good, but Aonuma's ambiguity gives me some hope that there will be a female protagonist too. As for the game itself, I have high hopes. The biggest asset of the orginal Zelda was the freedom in direction, and now we have a game that is going to bring that back. Also, the hi-tech bow is super sweet.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles X: Holy crap, this game looks freaking awesome. I never played Xenoblade Chronicles (who did amirite guys hehehehe*cough*) so I didn't exactly know what the fuss is all about. But this game's got it all, really. Guns, swords, dinosaurs, the ability to get curbstomped by high-level monsters at the beginning of the game, and most importantly, PRACTICAL FEMALE ARMOUR (though this could be changed). Speaking of which, I am happy the game lets you make your own character, it helps with immersion. The story is probably not going to be very interesting to me, but that won't matter much because of all the action. The demo I saw of this game actually made me forget there are also giant freaking robots too. I will definitely get this game. It is upsetting that Bayonetta 2 gets shipped with the first game, but this doesn't get shipped with the original Xenoblade Chronicles. :(

5. Splatoon: This game looks awesome! Everything about it is so intuitive! It doesn't look like a Nintendo game, but after hearing the development process behind it, it is clearly very Nintendo. The concept of spraying ink to claim territory is a clever concept; the ways that they utilize it are outstanding, in my opinion. My only concern is that it is slated for late 2015; and it's a game I'd love to get my hands on now. Though perhaps it's later release is a blessing in disguise, at least for my wallet. The character design is also quite notable; I love the Inklings themselves, they are simply delightful, and their squid forms are cleverly designed as well. All in all, really excited to try this game.

6. Project Guard/Project Giant Robot: These games look moderately interesting. I didn't see much of Giant Robot, but I saw Project Guard quite entensively, and I must say, it looks really cool. I really love the ability to modify the robots and the patterns they appear in, that is a unique concept. The game itself is basically a good version of the infamous game, Night Trap. I like that the robots taunt you if you lose, because unlike most games where this occurs, it isn't frustrating, but instead shows how light-hearted the gsame is, a charm that, of course, only Mr. Miyamoto could devise.

7. Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire: This looks like what it is: Pokemon X/Y's engine, Hoenn's landscape/Pokemon. I will definitely get one of these games, I've heard that Hoenn is awesome from a lot of people, and after the (mild) disapointment that was X/Y, that could make this game for me.

8. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: This is an interesting take on a fun side-game from Super Mario 3D World. While it makes sense that the objective is no longer to collect five green stars, it's still somewhat disappointing, though this is remedied by the jewel colectiles. This game is itself is turning out to be very intuitive with the concept. The Train level is especially impressive, and the emphasis on puzzle-solving rather than jumping is a nice change, plus giving (a) Toad a starring role in a game is always a good thing. It isn't a priority, but I do want to play this.

9. Mario Maker: I am divisive on this game. The game itself looks fun; I am very creative, so if it's cheap, I'll probably end up using it. I hope that more styles and items can be used in the full version, including ones from other games, like Zelda.

10. Yoshi's Wooly World: While I have no interest in playing this game, I must say, this is one of the most creative games I have seen in a long time. All of the unique ways that Kirby's Epic Yarn utilized the yarn/wool mechanics, this game pumps up that creativity to 110%. I am concerned about the trolllish multiplayer (that is prominent in most multiplayer Mario games).

11. Mario Party 10: Again, not much to say about this game. Although, I can say that I love the idea of Bowser Mode. Not because of Bowser himself, but because it creates even more ways for friends to become...well, not friends.

12. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: There is not much to say about this game. I am not particularly interested in Kirby games, and so I never had anything personal with Canvas Curse, which this is a sequel to.

13. Starfox: WE KNOW NOTHING. At least we know that they are actually working on the series.

14. Codename S.T.E.A.M.: Call me crazy, but I have seen a few demonstrations of this game, and nothing about it is very remarkable. It's setting and themes seems somewhat campy, and it doesn't seem as intuitive as the other new IPs introduced at E3 (hell, there are games from pre-existing franchises with more innovation). It also seems very confusing, there is too much going on at once for me to truly comprehend. Perhaps I am also bitter from it not being Metroid or Majora's Mask. It may be worth trying, but I wasn't impressed by this game.

15. Bayonetta 2: Ugh. Just, ugh. To clarify, this looks like a good game. But I just can't stand Bayonetta. I don't know what it is, but something about her hyper-sexualized behavior and design is extremely cliche and lame to me. The fact that (both games) rely on using stylish moves to expose her body (because her outift is made of her own hair, you see, and for some reason she also uses said hair to summon demons/attack). The fact that this is promoted so heavily by Nintendo just rubs me the wrong way.

16. Devil's Third: Eh...I don't know what to think of this game. On the one hand, it looks like a very unique action/shooting game. On the other...well, it's a gritty, gory action/shooting game. Something I play Nintendo to avoid. The melee combat, for one, looks very fun, but the game itself looks like a huge cross between interesting/mundane and overdone. The main character himself is very poorly designed. Unless, of course, there is more to him.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
E3 satisfaction: 100%

This is perhaps the best E3 showing Nintendo has done in recent years.

Smash info came, with two magnificent reveals, and the Reggie vs. Iwata is real gem.

Hyrule Warriors looks incredible. Playable Midna is awesome. The "huge" number of playable character has me really excited about the roster.

Zelda Wii U is shaping up to be Nintendo's Skyrim. HOW IS THAT NOT AMAZING?

Finally, a major game with Toad as the main protagonist. And it's CAPTAIN TOAD. I really like the little guy, so all of my yes!

I'm neutral on Splatoons, largely because I really don't have any Nintendo fans among my friends.

More Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire info is always good.

Thank you Nintendo/Miyamoto for breathing new life into the StarFox franchise.

Yoshi's Wooly World looks nice, but I'm not into Yoshi games so eh.

And a new Kirby game, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Considering I had a blast playing Return to Dreamland, I eagerly await more info about it.

This sums up my thoughts and impressions about Nintendo's E3 presentation.

D

Deleted member

E3 Satisfaction: 75%
I thought that was great!

Smash, again, looks incredible. Though, I was deflated by Miis and Amiibo (the latter being not as bad as I imagined it to be). I guess Palutena saved the hype, but I was indifferent on her. I was also confused about Pac-Man's absence. Also, as I suspected, the game is going to get delayed... Sakurai's games are infamous for this.

I was thrilled by some of the other games! The main highlights (besides Smash) to me were:
-Yoshi's Woolly World: I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn and this game looks gorgeous in HD and it looks fun to play. I honestly can't wait for this game!
-Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire: The game looks pretty damn awesome! Though, I'm not hyped for this game as I was for X & Y.
-Hyrule Warriors: I'm not the most hyped for this game. It looks amazing, but it's not a day one buy for me.
-Zelda Wii U: I would be hyped for this game even more if we saw actual gameplay from it. As it stands, it looks gorgeous, but I want to see how it plays.
-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: I was playing a Captain Toad level a day before E3 in SM3DW and I thought to myself, "I wouldn't mind it if Captain Toad got his own game and it was like this." ...Nintendo read my mind and it was blown when this game was revealed.
-Star Fox: I'm glad this series isn't dead! Can we see it though, Miyamoto? :(
-Xenoblade Chronicles: X: I saved the best for last! I'm so freaking hyped for this game! My main gripe is that the main protagonist is silent and is supposed to be me; it honestly gives me a tough time to relate to the character. However, everything else about this game is incredible. I love how it looks and the gameplay is amazing. You don't even know how happy I was when I saw "Xenoblade Chronicles" in the title! Shulk is now from an established series!

The other games I was pretty mixed about. Bayonetta 2? Eh. Mario Maker? It's cool, but I fear most of the users will make Kaizo Mario-like levels. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse? I'm glad Bandana Dee is getting an extended role in this game, but I didn't play Canvas Curse. Mario Party 10? Looks cool, but I'm not invested. Splatoon? Probably the most boring game that I've seen in the Digital Event.

I would have also appreciated a brand new Metroid and Majora's Mask 3D. Oh, and what happened to SMT X FE?

Sceptile Prediction: 10.70%
I'm conflicted here. Will he get higher ratings because he's a grass type and he has a Mega Evolution? Will we get lowered ones because he's our most overrated?
Ridley Prediction: 33.33%
Ugh. Sakurai! Why did you have to troll Ridley fans at E3 by not showing the Pyrosphere? Kill him already! Confirm him already! Regardless, as we've seen in our most overrated and underrated day, Ridley is a very divisive character when it comes to this...

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
E3 Satisfaction: 100%

So I'd only just bought my Wii U to play Mario Kart 8 finally...I was planning to get a few games like Tropical Freeze and SMB3DW but very little else had appealed to me on the system. E3 changed all that.

Super Smash Bros.:
Well, mainly Pac-Man if I'm honest. Since I already know the demo on show is going to get altered, I'm not as mad as many who tuned in and saw 'laggy brawl v.2.0' as it's been described in other sections of the site.

For me I wasn't super excited about this E3 for SSB, since all the newcomers bar Little Mac and Villager were characters I either had no experience with(Megaman), screwed over personal preferences(Rosalina...or so I thought) or were just flat out oddball picks(Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja). I was dreading Chrom's reveal in fear of him being the dullard middle ground character between Marth and Ike...

:4mii:...and then Mii showed up. :4mii:
I had been dreading this. But something odd happened...they didn't look HALF as terrible as I was expecting. I'm not sure why I was so dreading.
'Maybe' I thought 'Just maybe if Sakurai can do this good a job to make Mii, someone I also felt a great level of adversity towards this semi appealing, perhaps Chrom won't be as bland as I originally thought?'

:4palutena:Then Palutena occured.:4palutena:
I'd been expecting Pac-Man, and sighed as her trailer played and I still didn't quite get the appeal 95% of Smashboards obviously had.
Jumbled mess of 12 custom moves, making her far more work than any character bar Mii Fighter(which upon giving some more thought to does seem like a waste now).
To my (admittedly limited) KI knowledge Palutena had never been hinted at having so many skills, it just seems Sakurai wanted to throw every aspect of Uprising, which is just one game in the series.
Dark Pit showing up at the end and possibly hinting he's somehow involved as a playable made me both surprised and groan at the same time.
I don't mind Dark Pit persay, but three characters for a three game series with no future plans for continuation whilst the likes of DK and Metroid are stuck with a piddly two is nothing if not a narcissistic choice. Time will tell when we get the other newcomers revealed whether or not this is the case, but I was a little disappointed in the man who had previously claimed he had made Kirby weaker on purpose in Melee and held off from including King Dedede for so long because of his personal modesty.

Even worse when Pit appeared to be the most broken character in the demo. Everyone I saw who had gotten a hand's on play said Pit was buffed far beyond any other character. This can be balanced though, and hopefully will for the final release.

:4pacman:And Pac-Man?:4pacman:
I'd missed the Twitter leak so Pac-Man was first introduced to me in the morning. I thought I'd stumbled onto a fake site. No, it was real. They'd included what I personally considered the most iconic video game character of all time(outside of Mario himself). A 3rd party legend. After having a downright terrible time with reveals, I finally had someone I could personally get hyped over. YES. The rest of the week I'd been grinning like a mad man.

Amiibos?
I'd been personally hoping these NFC figures had been compatible with Smash. I didn't care how, but making trophies that came to life in video games had been the concept of the past two Smash games, and I'd previously joked about wanting Nintendo to do a Disney Infinity style idea with figurines...imagine my surprise when they showed up in the Mii Fighter Trailer. I probably put them down as partially responsible to how I reacted so positively to the Mii Fighter at first.

The fact they're compatible with Mario Kart 8 is also fantastic news, since it's currently the only Wii U title I have.

As for the other games that hyped me up? Seven titles I most certainly want to play;
7. Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Ruby, Sapphire and especially Emerald were my favourite Pokemon games of all time. I love the Mega forms of Swampert and Sceptile(and Sableye!) and DO want to get this...but my love of Pokemon is slowly waning, and as such whilst I will inevitable eventually get this, it's no where near the day one purchase that Pokemon X and Y were for me.

---------------------------------------------------

6. Bayonetta 2
Having not played the first Bayonetta I was pleased to hear the second would be bundled with the first, allowing me to experience both for the first time should I decide to pick this up.

Not much to say outside of it looking like a lot of chaotic fun. Another I'm going to have to look into.

-------------------------------------------------------

5. Splatoon
Splatoon...just looks fun. I was expecting much, but damn was I impressed with what I saw. Most exciting new IP I saw in the whole of E3. It was nice to watch them play on Treehouse too, and actually show that some devs can play their own games effectively. A definite possible future favourite for me.

-------------------------------------------------------

4. Xenoblade Chronicles
I've not had the chance to play any other game in the series, and as a rule I absolutely despise RPGs, with Pokemon's monster design appeal causing me to make one notable exception. However; I was blown away by what I did see of Chronicles. It looks a ton of fun, customizable avatars, HUGE scrawling worlds to interact with, and no turn based combat.

If I had enough time to play a full RPG I'd probably jump on this one; it looks spectacular.

---------------------------------------------

3. Hyrule Warriors
If I'm honest I'm not the biggest Zelda fan. I've played Zelda games I like in the forms of Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but I'm not a big fanatic of the series like I am of Mario and Pokemon. Heck, I hardly reacted to the other Zelda title being announced.
So the initial reveal of Dynasty Warriors guest starring Link didn't excite me. I like those style of games, but I wasn't expecting much from one where Link was possibly the only character.

What a fool I was! Zelda, Midna and Impa all impressed me. With so many other secret characters to be revealed now I'm genuinely invested in getting this Wii U game.

----------------------------------------------------------
2. Yoshi's Woolly World
Yoshi's New Island had looked like a horrible rehash of the classic Yoshi's Island game, and Yarn Yoshi seemed like it was just jumping on Kirby's Epic Yarn's coattails. Still, having not heard anything about my favourite video game character of all time's new game I was hoping for some information on Yarn Yoshi no matter how bad it looked.

But it didn't look bad. At all. In fact, it looked and felt more like a Yoshi game than Epic Yarn had felt like a Kirby game. The yarn ball 'eggs' the ability to wrap enemies mouths up in yarn to render biting enemies useless, freaking Co-Op of which I am a huge fan of, and the way Yoshi's yarn tongue unraveled the world around him was one of the most stylistic choices I've seen in a Nintendo game since Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. I was blown away. Everything from the boss battle against the cutesy Pyroar/Arcanine esque plush with a knitted lava background, to the way the Shy Guy's unraveled leaving nothing behind but their little masks to the way the knitted flowers sprung to life was simply beautiful.

Yoshi's Woolly World was also confirmed compatible with the Amiibo system. I'm down with this idea since I collect Ninty figures anyway...might as well get some that actually do stuff.

A must get for me.

----------------------------------------------------

1. CAPTAIN TOAD, TREASURE TRACKER
The biggest surprise for me personally was Nintendo listening to fans, and actually responding in kind to the positive reactions from Super Mario 3D World to the peculiar 'game within a game' section of Captain Toad's Adventures.

Now, we'd heard rumours about Toad getting a game should there be enough fan demand, but after being on here for a while I was convinced I was some sort of weird exception to the rule, and that most people HATED Toad.

Naturally as one of, if not THE most vocal Toad supporter on this site, I was grinning ear to ear the moment I heard that little soundbite and we saw the Captain shoot through the air. Apparently I was wrong. He is popular, just Nintendo have only just realised this.

I was cautiously pessimistic about the whole thing however, expecting them to just rehash the exact same mechanics as they did in 3D World, but no! There's a love letter to Toad in SMB2 with the turnip throwing; a new Pick Axe power up that helps you smash your way through blocks, that minecart section looks quite fun, and they oddly even added boss battles into the mix allowing for puzzle bosses. It's admittedly still MOSTLY the same mechanics, but that's not a bad thing.

I was even more overjoyed NOT to see 'Super Mario' in the title. This means Captain Toad's name alone hasn't had to be flown under the guise of the Mario flag; Nintendo seem to have confidence that the shroom himself can shift copies...enough to even make this game ALSO Amiibo compatible.

A day one buy. It's also made my sister want to buy a Wii U just to support Toad(whom is her favourite video game character of all time) and to get an adorable Captain Toad Amiibo.

I'm glad to see Toad, and especially Captain Toad(never saw Blue Toad as THE Toad) get thrust into the spotlight, and most people seem kind of pleased he's finally got his own game. How wonderful. Have a bit of official art to celebrate;

With a Yoshi game, a Toad game, Amiibos AND Pac-Man being revealed at E3, it almost seemed like this year had been tailor made to my video game desires; I'd been dreaming of all of the above for anywhere between 20 and 3 years, and it's nice to see so many childhood dreams come true in one go.

...now if the rumours about DLC characters are true...and are released over a period of time...MAYBE Captain Toad isn't quite out the running for Smash JUST yet. Maybe.

I can dream right?

PREDICTIONS
Sceptile: 10%
Unfortunately in the standard game I still believe most will feel Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have priority. DLC however...Sceptile suddenly becomes one of the most likely options. But we're not ranking that anyway.
Ridley: 20%
Ridley is either in the base game, or he's not. I doubt he's going to be DLC however. The teasing is still suspicious, but many others feel he's already dead in the water.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
E3 Satisfaction: 90% :D

1. Smash Bros.
Tons of footage shown and my three (safe) predictions for E3 were correct ^^
Invitational was epic
Disappointed at the no show of veterans other than G&W tease

2. Captain Toad
Finally Toad gets some love!

3. Yoshi's Wooly World and Zelda Wii U
The graphics on both are gorgeous

4. Splatoon
Looks like a fun new multiplayer game. Interested in it

5. Code Name STEAM
I can sense a character from here being in the next iteration of SSB

7. Digital Event
It was utterly hilarious, from the Mii reveal to the skits

8. Amiibo
So. Much. Want.

Now I just need a Wii U ugh

Predictions:
Sceptile- 10%
Even Mewtwo is more likely than him :/

Ridley- 20%
Either he is kept as a secret character to build up hype, or he is a goner

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
There's a ton to cover, so let's start with the obvious: Smash! As I stated two days ago, I thought the Mii Fighters were a lot more interesting than expected, Pac-Man also turned out very well if not a favorite of mine, and Palutena proved to be the first serious disappointment of the reveal season thanks to a incoherent moveset. The Amiibo implementation seems fine if not terribly exciting personally, the plentiful gameplay modes for the 3DS version are very promising, and the October 3rd release for 3DS...well, it's not Summer, but at least we've got a date. The tournament was fun, although not saving a reveal for that event is baffling in my opinion, and revealing Pac-Man at a closed-door event was downright baffling, as is showing Mr. Game & Watch and not going ahead and revealing him as a returning veteran. Easily the worst part for me is that the event confirms the Gematsu leaks, which not only means all my top picks for SSB4 likely aren't in the game, but that all the Ridley teases may actually be leading to him just being a stage obstacle, which is just plain sad. All taken together, it's a bit of a wash.

Next, the Nintendo Digital Event. This year's E3 was refreshing in that all three of the major E3 press conferences had a lot to like, and while Nintendo wasn't my personal favorite (Microsoft stole that honor thanks to reviving Phantom Dust), Nintendo was exciting because there wasn't a single dud in the line-up of games shown. Smash was featured prominently as hoped, Pokemon OR/AS looks as great as expected, Captain Toad is a pleasant surprise, Yoshi's Wooly World looks wonderful, claymation Kirby is a surprising sequel to Canvas Curse, Bayonetta 2 with an updated Bayonetta 1 is all sorts of exciting, Xenoblade Chronicles X looks to bring plenty of epic JRPG action, Splatoon looks like a brilliant Nintendo take on the third person shooter, Hyrule Warriors looks just as fun as expected, and holy cow that Zelda Wii U teaser! Brilliant line-up; if they had an F-Zero or Golden Sun game to show off Nintendo could have easily proven my best of show.

And then, of course, there was the rest of E3, and Nintendo's Treehouse stream occupied a lot of my free time this past week. Some of my favorite moments through E3 was watching the Treehouse folk going at each other in SSB4, especially the last day when they focused on four-stock matches and the competition (and ensuing salt) really went all-out. I was also pleasantly surprised by the demos for Mario Maker, as the game didn't really catch my attention in the Digital Event, but seeing Treehouse people try to one-up each other with their ridiculous creations really showed off the potential of the game. The later reveal of Codename S.T.E.A.M. was frustratingly also from a closed-door panel, and, personally, the game just didn't look that fun when streamed later on despite the crazy premise. Certainly not what I was hoping for from the mystery 3DS game, but what can you do? Finally, there were those Miyamoto Wii U games, which generally didn't look that interesting personally, though I trust that they are more fun than they look if Miyamoto's involved. Will the new Star Fox be fun? Way too early to say, but fans must be happy Miyamoto's helping to make it.

Overall, Nintendo did well, very well even! While I'm still trying to sort out my opinions on the Smash news, there's no doubt that I'm still extremely excited for the game, and the overall line-up of Nintendo games looks strong. They put on a great show, and regardless of my reservations, I left this E3 feeling a lot more excited about the future of Nintendo than I did going in. That's deserving of a strong rating, if not an amazing one.

Satisfaction with Nintendo at E3 2014 - 85%

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
E3 overall satisfaction - 90%

While there wasn't anything that made me go "OMG this is teh bestest thing EVA," overall I was pleased.

Splatoons looks amazing, has a clever concept, and looks like a blast.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is interesting, as Canvas Curse was a fun game.

Also, more info on Yarn Yoshi, which was interesting.

Those we my main highlights, and I'm pleased with what else they announced, even if I wasn't completely interested. Overall, I'm fine.

Predictions

Sceptile - 9.75% - Almost 20%? Yikes! Get him down.

Ridley - 37.25% - I have no freking clue. Shoot the bullet already, dang it!

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Overall E3 reaction? 90%

Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony all had very strong showcases, and competition within the industry is healthy (Minus the Vita). And most importantly, each conference/digital event gave me reasons to purchase their home consoles . Unfortunately money doesn't grow on trees, it is sad to say that Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, Abzu, LBP3, Halo: Master Chief Edition, Mortal Kombat, etc. will all have to wait as I don't own either the XBoxOne or PS4. This E3 has been about software, and 2015 looks like it will be a great year for gaming.

As far as Nintendo's event goes, I would give my satisfication an 80%.

I appreciate Nintendo taking more risks on new IPs, especially after the underwhelming sales of Wonderful 101. Splatoon and STEAM both look enjoyable, and I certainly hope they become considerably more successful than 101.

Captain Toad, Mario Maker, Yoshi, Bayonetta, and Kirby all looked fun, but these aren't day-one purchases for me. At least with Bayonetta the first game will be included so that newcomers to the series will not feel left out.

Hyrule Warriors looks promising, but Dynasty Warrior games have usually been lackluster slash-fests. I'm hoping this iteration will evolve both franchises into a better direction instead of simply tacking on the Zelda name on to a Dynasty Warriors game.

Recently, five-player games involving the tablet have been some of the most fun my friends and I have had on multiplayer games in general. So it is safe to say that Mario Party 10 looks appealing in that the fifth player can control Bowser and be a **** to people, I hope that there will at least be online functionality with friends.

Amiibos are interesting, I'd like to see how Nintendo can effectively utilize them on their games without Amiibos adopting a P2W model (Though I have faith). The most exciting aspect of Amiibos will be the money matches in Smashbros when two Amiibos go head to head.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash, StarFox, and Zelda are the Nintendo titles to look out for. Because the previous entries' to their series have been so great, I can only hope that the newest additions to each franchise will top the list.

As far as disappointments go, one contender goes to Pokemon ORAS (This counts right?). Hoenn was a great region and all, but I'm afraid this will be a repeat of Black/White 2. So far it seems as though ORAS has done nothing to move the series any further aside from introducing new Mega Evolutions and forms of Kyogre/Groudon. Unless this game has considerably more content than X&Y, especially post-game, I'm not terribly excited for this one.

Fire Emblem X SMT has been a title of large concern for me, especially the fact two relatively smaller franchises are being crossed over. How can this crossover appeal to fans of SMT who haven't enjoyed FE and vice-versa, without alienating fans of either series. But the lack of any announcement to this game aside from, "It is on schedule." was a disappointment.

The lack of Metroid and appealing new 3DS announcements is also somewhat disheartening. But at least more news will come relatively soon with Metroid, according to Nintendo higher-ups. I can also understand the 3DS library is already impressive, especially with Persona Q, MH4U, etc. all coming out and that Nintendo really needed to bolster the Wii U's library.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
As far as disappointments go, one contender goes to Pokemon ORAS (This counts right?). Hoenn was a great region and all, but I'm afraid this will be a repeat of Black/White 2. So far it seems as though ORAS has done nothing to move the series any further aside from introducing new Mega Evolutions and forms of Kyogre/Groudon. Unless this game has considerably more content than X&Y, especially post-game, I'm not terribly excited for this one.
Given that they'll be giving the R/S end game stuff, Diancie stuff, Mega Latios/Latias, and quite likely Regigigas I think it'lll certainly have more post game.

Ultimately the remakes are there to move the metagame more than anything, and the new Megas do that even better than the move tutors of olden days; they'll see what they thing pokémon need and give it to them, and try and balance things out a bit better... but you could stick to X/Y and just get them on wondertrade...

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
E3 Satisfaction: 70%
+ All of the games looked a'ight... nothing that blew me away, though.
+ Pac-man reveal :)
+ Super hype invitational
+ Splatoon
+ Yoshi's Wooly World
+ Hyrule Warriors

- Scarf beating Hungrybox in Sudden Death. I like Hungrybox and was rooting for him throughout the tournament.
- No Ridley or Mewtwo :(
- Gematsu leak likely true- edited for @ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites
- Release date delayed
- Two times Nintendo hyped up big announcements (Smash round-table and new IP on 3DS). Both times I spent like thirty minutes trying to find the nonexistent stream for these announcements. What the hell was that all about?
- Customizable specials aren't usable online. This is a huge negative for two reasons: 1. If I get used to a character's custom special when playing locally, then my game will be off big time when I try to play the same character online. 2. Tournaments will probably be less likely to allow custom movesets when Nintendo themselves are pretty much acknowledging they're unbalanced.

Belated newcomer satisfaction:
:4greninja: - 100%, Perfection in character form. Not much else to add.
:rosalina: - 99.9%, I love her moveset and her as a character. That story time from Super Mario Galaxy is as complex of characterization as the Super Mario series gets. I also greatly prefer her to the alternative options, i.e. Toad, Bowser Jr., and Waluigi.
:4wiifit: - 99%, I like joke characters. I played Jigglypuff extensively in Brawl. His moveset looks just as hilarious. Sun salutation is a bit of an unoriginal letdown, but other than that the hype is strong with this one.
:4megaman: - 98%, It's Mega Man.
:4villager: - 75%, He looks interesting, but at the same time a lot of his moves appear useless. Maybe I'll change my mind once I play him. Gains points simply for being an obligatory Animal Crossing rep.
:4littlemac: - 70%, He's cool. I don't like the way the OHKO move works, though. Why does he gain meter when being hit? That doesn't make sense.

Overall:
:4greninja: > :4pacman: > :rosalina: > :4wiifit: >> :4megaman: >>>:4villager: >>> :4littlemac: >:4palutena:>>>>> :substitute:
>>>>>> :4mii:

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm getting sick of this Gematsu leak confirmed stuff... The Two most likely characters and Mii who everyone sounds as a foregone conclusion made it in... how does this confirm anything?!

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting sick of this Gematsu leak confirmed stuff... The Two most likely characters and Mii who everyone sounds as a foregone conclusion made it in... how does this confirm anything?!
Well, not confirmed, but it has more in its favor. Before E3, he predicted that the Mii would specifically be called "Mii fighter," which is pretty darn hard to predict. Also, there was a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run. Finally, in the Round Table Q&A, Sakurai said that they had a slot reserved for a Pokemon from X and Y, which is how the leak described Greninja.

Credits to @Brawler610 for putting this all in an earlier post. I'm pretty much convinced now.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
E3 Satisfaction: 90%
They shown a good set of games that cover a lot of ground and different interests, we got information on Xenoblade, Bayonetta, Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, Smash, Mario, both Zelda games, Yoshi, Captain Toad and the new IPs. Also, most of them were given the time to flesh out themselves due to the Treehouse stream talking about them to a great extent, so we were able to see so much of these games across the week. Even for those that didn't get much, we still got a confirmation on SMTxFE being worked on (though it's still disappointing we didn't get to see much of it), Star Fox getting a new game, and even Metroid being mentioned as they said they had plans for both a 2D and 3D entry. Finally, to top it off, there was the invitational, which attracted a lot of people and was a blast to watch.

Overall, Nintendo came out strong in this E3 I think, they introduced a lot of new concepts and games, and talked about the ones that people were curious about. The only thing I kind of wish for was that they talked a bit more about the IPs they didn't go into much detail about (such as SMTxFE).

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
E3: 75% - It was alright. The only games that don't really interest me are Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third. Everything else I'll at the very least consider getting, though the only one that I know I'm definitely buying (besides Smash, of course) is Captain Toad. Loved his levels in 3D World.

Ridley prediction: 37.17% - I don't know anymore.
Sceptile prediction: 12.48% - He'll decrease, but I dunno if it'll be by much.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Aside from smash and ORAS, is the 3ds getting any Nintendo games released this year?

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
E3 Satisfaction: 60%
Overall, Nintendo has an amazing holiday season ahead of them... in 2015. I'm thrilled with a lot of what was announced (Treasure tracker and Rainbow curse were 2 of my favorites) but there isn't too much new stuff coming this year. I also really did't like how we were given information. I don't have time to spend 3 days watching your treehouse! Can't all the announcements be contained in one day? I'm really torn on what to think, but here's a short analysis:

Best surprise announcement: Splatoon looked awesome!

Best previous reveal: Smash fest was terrific.

Biggest disappointing surprise announcement: Uh... Devils third? I've barely heard anything about this game, and none of it was good. I'm not really upset over it though. I'm pretty neutral.

Biggest disappointing previous reveal: SMTxFE because of the absolute lack of info about it.

Missing: 3ds titles. We only got 1 new title announced, and only 3.5 titles coming this holiday, 2 of which are also on other platforms. (ORAS are remakes) I'm getting the wii u version of smash and waiting for the inevitable delta emerald, so I'm left with 1 game for my neglected 3ds this holiday.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
E3 was so good that they even announced a mini luigi, here's hoping all the minis get amiibo figures so I can collect them all.

Things that stood out for me:
-Palutena's reveal
-Captain Toad
-Splatoon
-Bayonetta 1 pre-packaged with Bayonetta 2.
-The costumes in Bayonetta, i'm going to play the first one again as Samus.
-Seeing Midna in Hyrule warriors was awesome.
-Smash bros release date

Rating 100%

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Palutena proved to be the first serious disappointment of the reveal season thanks to a incoherent moveset.
I think it's more fair to say that we can't really tell what to make of her move set.

Her default move set, if shown on its own, could be perfectly fine. There are some moves that I assume are not default (Auto-Reticle seems very unlikely to be a default, for example), but I can't really tell what goes where.

And we didn't see many of her standard attacks...

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Keep in mind there was never a Lightning Yellow or a Mind Crystal or whatever the third version remakes would have been. I wouldn't bank on a Delta Emerald happening.
With there being Black 2 and White 2 instead of a Pokémon Gray, I think it could happen. ORAS--> Pokémon W and Z --> Firered/leafgreen remakes --> Delta Emerald is how I see it happening. Plus its already been trademarked. Forgive me for sending you to IGN, but here's a link:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/pokemon-delta-emerald-trademark-surfaces

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, Nintendo does trademark stuff without ever using them. Pokémon WaterBlue was trademarked, and so was Pokémon Gray, apparently.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I think it's more fair to say that we can't really tell what to make of her move set.

Her default move set, if shown on its own, could be perfectly fine. There are some moves that I assume are not default (Auto-Reticle seems very unlikely to be a default, for example), but I can't really tell what goes where.

And we didn't see many of her standard attacks...
I agree that her default move set will probably be fine, but that's just the thing: based on that trailer, I have no idea what her default move set is. That's fine for everyone here who is simply happy to have Palutena, but as someone who came into E3 without a strong opinion on her, it gives me little to get excited for other a pile of seemingly random moves that she can be customized with. That's fine for the Miis, even expected; for a character as vibrant and well-defined as Palutena, that lack of a distinct playstyle is confusing and more than a little disappointing.

(Not to reignite that Palutena debate from two days ago, just felt I couldn't rightly give my opinion on Nintendo's E3 without considering all the Smash news.)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I personally feel like Villager was much more incoherent, seeing how I didn't even know how to play her until actually playing her in the demo and then seeing Treehouse footage. That's a whole year of the Villager just having a bunch of gimmick moves being revealed, and only until now do we have an idea of how they work together.

We got Palutena's Forward Smash, Down Smash, Neutral Air, Dash attack, Grab and back throw, possible up tilt/up smash, possible jab, and at least two taunts from what I remember. Plus specials. many which are clearly side B (Lightweight, Angelic Missile, Super Speed), Up B (Rocket Jump, Jumpglide, probably Warp) and down B (Counter, Reflect) as well as the final smash.

Not to boast, but from what we saw we have a very good idea of what she plays like. I'm personally more confused about Pac Man than I am about her since I don't know how his summon thing works, or his pac dot thing where he turns into only-mouth pac-man, and I hate we weren't shown the full Sakurai match with him in the same way we were able to see him using Mega Man last year.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Nintendo does trademark stuff without ever using them. Pokémon WaterBlue was trademarked, and so was Pokémon Gray, apparently.
I was not aware of this. So, Pokken- the Pokemon Fighting Game may not ever come to fruition after all? Sigh, such a loss...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
as someone who came into E3 without a strong opinion on her, it gives me little to get excited for other a pile of seemingly random moves that she can be customized with.
I agree. I get they wanted to show off the extra moves, but I would've preferred more regular game play so I could get a better feel for the character.

Or somehow just give us an indication of which ones were default. I imagine we'll find out during the upcoming PotD updates though.

Burigu

Smash Ace
:4palutena:Then Palutena occured.:4palutena:

To my (admittedly limited) KI knowledge Palutena had never been hinted at having so many skills, it just seems Sakurai wanted to throw every aspect of Uprising.
Well I have lots in experience in the game, I am going to tell you every power Pit got in the game are Palutena's or Viridi's gifts to him so tecnically it makes sense she has that many powers, she never use them in battle but as gifts to Pit he can, also in the chapter you play as Magnus you don't have any power because Magnus isn't in the protection of any god so it makes lots of sense

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
What I liked:
+Finally getting to see Smash 4 in action. The invitational was awesome and hearing and seeing its new features was really cool
+Captain Toad. This looks like a fun little action puzzler. I do wonder about the fact that it seems to be a retail release. I wonder if it'll have a lower price.
+Yoshi's Wooly World. I have not been excited to see a Yoshi game in QUITE some time. It's cute, it looks gorgeous, and it looks fun.
+Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. I played Canvas Curse for DAYS. REALLY excited for this one.
+ZELDA IN GENERAL. The Hyrule Warriors footage has completely sold me on the game, and the Zelda U trailer was amazing.
+Bayonetta 1 being included with Bayonetta 2. The game had my curiosity, but now it has my attention. Still on the fence overall.
+Splatoon. Awesome surprise game Nintendo! It looks like one of those games you could blow an afternoon on.
+Pac-Man's trailer convincing me that Pac-Man was a good choice. I thought for sure I was gonna shrug my shoulders at him. Now I'm really excited to try him out.
+Miyamoto's Giant Robot and Starfox stuff. REALLY hoping to see Giant Robot turn into something awesome.
+Mario Party 10. I've been waiting for this to see what kind of Gamepad minigames will be implemented. Hope it turns out ok!

Stuff I'm iffy about:
~Code name STEAM. I haven't actually watched the footage yet. I have faith in intelligent systems though.
~Amiibo. The features sound cool and the fact that they can be used across other games is great, but I haven't been big on toy-powered games in a long time. We'll see.
~Xenoblade Chronicles X. Game looks really awesome and I'm still kicking myself for missing the first one, but I'm worried it's scope will push me away. We'll see what's going on when the game launches.

Stuff I'm not happy with.
-Lack of SMTXFE info beyond "It's still coming." It's been a year and a half, guys. Not even a new trailer to hold us over? Giant Robot and the security system thing got shown off and they're only concepts.
-Devil's Third. How did Wii U end up with a dudebro game? I mean, I shouldn't judge it because it looks dudebro, but I'm totally judging it for looking dudebro.
-No Pokken. I thought that the new trademark meant that they might have to go through with it following the hype that "HD Pokemon tech demo" caused, but it remains only a rumor. Time will tell if it's ever actually going to happen.
-Smash's 3DS release date. I heard Summer and was like, "Sweet I can get it out of my system before school starts!" Now it's coming right when school starts ramping up. BLAH. So long work ethic... Plus it all but confirms a Wii U delay into 2015.
-Palutena's gameplay trailer. The anime bit was excellent, but like I said before I have no clue what to make of her other than "She does a lotta stuff."
-Pac being stuffed in the round table. Shoulda shown it at the end of the invitational.
-Mario Maker. Not big on DIY games. I'm sure it'll be cool though.

Whoa. A lot more minus signs than I thought I would have. Which'll make my score of 90% look kinda weird. My excitement for the positives FAR outweigh my negatives, honest!

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose's E3 Satisfaction: 80%
The Digital Event started out with a bang. Some hilarious animation where Nintendo really acknowledges its fanbase? An awesome fight between Reggie and Iwata in possibly the best announcement possible of Miis? Oh, YEAH!

Things started to go downhill right around when Sakurai mentioned how Miis counted as three characters yet had the properties of nine. Oof. I was loving them before that. Then we got the announcement of the 3DS version delay (OUCH!), and Amiibo integration (I'm not too keen on it; I think it could be interesting, but my wallet is aching), both of which really brought me down a bit. I consider the following Yarn Yoshi presentation to be the low of the conference. The game looks good, and I'll get it in the unlikely occurrence that I have the dough at the time. However, the presentation of this and the majority of the stuff after it irked me.

Allow me to start a new paragraph to better elaborate on this. You may not be able to tell it from the late-night rambling I do on here, but my motto is usually "more matter with less art." I try to be simple and to the point in conversation and formal writing. In an event like this, I'd like to see a slew of trailers with just a small amount of necessary explanation in-between. BANG! BANG! BANG! This was definitely not how it was run. Instead, the developers talked for three minutes about how studying real yarn helped them make the game, and Aonuma blathered on while I was just dying for them to show the new game. Perhaps the worst instance of this was with Splatoon. If I had filmed my live reaction, you'd see my friend breaking out his phone to text at some points while I was just saying, "Well, this game looks great, yes. But could you just get to the point or the next game already?"

Although the presentation may have been off-putting, the titles themselves were really awesome. I'm unfamiliar with the Dynasty Warriors franchise, and I never anticipated that Hyrule Warriors would have NINE playable characters; that's AWESOME! Seeing Midna (remember how I ran her support thread and had her in my sig for Smash?) was AWESOME! Additionally, the new Zelda game's open world approach and art style seems AWESOME! Pokemon's debut was AWESOME! Xenoblade Chronicles: X was AWESOME! Splatoon was AWESOME (and my friend's game of E3; we're both pretty obsessed with it). The Invitational, Palutena, and Pac-Man were all BEYOND AWESOME!

I do have two final complaints. Nintendo, did you abandon the 3DS now? Not cool. You've convinced me to start saving for a Wii U, but you've angered me about that. I fully expected and even hoped to see the Wii U as the focus, but only getting two more Nintendo games all year on the 3DS is a terrible fate indeed. Additionally, 2015! Everywhere! I think Nintendo believes we're in 2015 already, because pretty much everything was there.

Now, to the short version. I loved the wide arsenal of games Nintendo unleashed, but I was upset by the long-winded presentation, the lack of 2014 titles, and the complete abandonment of the 3DS.

DAY OVER

GROOSE IN HYRULE WARRIORS, ANYONE?

Groose

Smash Champion
Nintendo E3 Satisfaction
82.97%

Overall, we think Nintendo did a really good job, but failed to knock the ball out of the park. Thus ends our celebration of E3; it was a good one.
Today we're going to rate our Most Underrated and our Most Overrated. Our Most Underrated is none other than Ridley; his chances are bigger than what we gave him before. Our Most Overrated is Sceptile, because it was all Hoenn Confirmed. So, without further ado rate both Ridley and Sceptile in chance and want. Nominations are currently suspended, but predictions aren't... and you'll have a lot to predict today. Tomorrow is going to be the biggest day we will ever have. We'll be rating the Gematsu Leak, Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men all in one fell swoop! Please predict how well they'll do. At the bottom of the post, I'll attach our schedule for the upcoming week; be sure to peruse it and make suggestions!

Before I get to that, however, I have to thank you all for making it with me to Day 250. It's now been exactly a year since we started this game, and we've managed to update more than two-thirds of the time. To be honest, there were a number of incidents back in the fall and early winter where I came just a hair away from announcing my resignation from this game, but we're still going! I have to give a major shoutout to all of those that have helped me by taking over sections of the game; you have no idea how much you've reduced my stress level. Also, a special thanks to all of the regular customers here; your entertaining posts kept me going in the darkest of times. With all of us combined, I'm sure we'll push for it and make it all of the way until launch!

Projected Schedule:

Day 250: Ridley and Sceptile
Day 251: Gematsu Leak, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men
Day 252: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
Day 253: Mewtwo and Jigglypuff
Day 254: Isaac and Takamaru
Day 255: Solid Snake and Lucas
Day 256: Robin and Anna
Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom