• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
DAY 246 BEGINS

"COOLDOWN BEFORE SATISFACTION"

Our satisfaction ratings will not begin until roughly 7PM EST on Wednesday. This is due to announcements like Pac-Man that we haven't seen, and the fact that I will be going to bed after the Q+A ends. I think this cooldown day should serve us well; when we return, we will start with newcomer satisfaction and then move from there.

Until later,

waka waka waka waka waka

Burigu

Smash Ace
Except Dark Pit seems to be directly hinted at something, unlike Tom Nook.
Mmmmm a full appearance, I don't see that as a hint, I am not discarting him but, that was probably a nod to KIU and nothing more, don't rush to conclusion to fast or ask for a rate as soon as posible remember the HYPE caused Sceptile to become OVERATED, once things cool down, people saw they exagered the Sceptile rate.

Are people expecting Tom Nook just because he appeared at AMIIBO? the figurines aren't exclusive for smash, I don't take that as a hint

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mmmmm a full appearance, I don't see that as a hint, I am not discarting him but, that was probably a nod to KIU and nothing more, don't rush to conclusion to fast or ask for a rate as soon as posible remember the HYPE caused Sceptile to become OVERATED, once things cool down, people saw they exagered the Sceptile rate
We'll see then.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
So, Pac-Man's out the way, and Smash 3DS is conspicuously AFTER the Tokyo Game Show... Oh and Sakurai says he wants to make this the best character game ever? Or something to those effects, anyways...

I wonder what gelatinous character, from Japans favourite video-game franchise, could be effected by this loss of competition.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, with the Gematsu leak heavily benefiting from today (Palutena, Pac-Man, and specific Mii Fighters), the last beneficiaries (Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men) all have their chances increased in my eyes.
I have to lower the scores for King K. Rool, Takamaru, and a couple of others. There might not be enough room for more newcomers.

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh, and a reminder: we rate the chances of characters to appear in the initial release. DLC doesn't count; even though Gematsu said DLC is likely, we can't factor that into our ratings. Just something I remembered.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Poooop. I missed Pac-Man. Where was he confirmed?
(sorry for off-topic-ness but this is kind of a big deal)
There is no video of pics of him Sakurai mentioned it in the Q&A table tonight or something of those lines

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Considering all the reveals adhere in some form to the Gematsu leak and Sakurai even mentioned in the Q&A that they had blatantly reserved a character slot for a Pokemon from X and Y before settling on Greninja, any rerates are about to get rather awkward unless DLC is proven to be a thing. Not sure how to feel at the moment but Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men are about to get some serious rating jumps.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
My real worry is that if that's the entire newcomer roster then not only does Ridley die, but a second DK newcomer doesn't happen. And that'd just be a huge bummer.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pac Man could end up the Pic of the Day

Edit: Alright I guess nevermind

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly... I might have to give Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men a serious boost in ratings. I think that I will give them all a 95% in chance now. The Gematsu leak is proving itself to be real.
Other characters will have to get a significant drop. I will put King K. Rool at 50%, Takamaru at 40%, Dixie Kong at 30%, Isaac at 30%, and Bandana Dee at 25%. The Gematsu leak doesn't kill the chances of other characters, but it severely impairs them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So, Pac-Man's out the way, and Smash 3DS is conspicuously AFTER the Tokyo Game Show... Oh and Sakurai says he wants to make this the best character game ever? Or something to those effects, anyways...

I wonder what gelatinous character, from Japans favourite video-game franchise, could be effected by this loss of competition.
How is Pac-Man being confirmed a "loss of competition"?

Isn't it just as easily (more easily, in fact) described as a victory of the competition?

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Predictions:
- We will see a non-Gematsu newcomer character revealed.
- The following veterans will appear: Ice Climbers, Wario, Meta Knight, one of the Mother kids, and MAYBE C. Falcon.
- Ridley will be officially disconfirmed.
- Pac-Man will be revealed.
- We'll get our first look at the connectivity between the two versions.
- An official release date for the 3DS version will be announced.
Geez 2/6...well, whatever. I am baffled at no vet reveals though. Like, how much longer are we pretending Wario isn't in the game?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I never saw much in Pac-man as a fighter, but after seeing his trailer, I'm overjoyed to be wrong.

I mean, Pac-man, Mario, Sonic AND Mega Man duking it out in one game. That's pretty darn amazing. It was the only real appeal I had in Pac-man for most of the time up until I saw his trailer. He looks like he'll be incredibly fun to play as.

Well, this aside, K. Rool is pretty much the only newcomer I have much hope for at this point, outside of the yet to be confirmed ones mentioned in the Sal leak, that is.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So that makes it Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man and Mii being confirmed out of our Top Ten. 4/10 so far... not bad.

This makes the Gematsu leak seem a looooot more likely. That said, Shulk and the Chorus Men are the boldest predictions it made, so if it's gonna get disproven it's probably by one of those two. I don't really want Chrom, and I definitely don't want the Chorus Men... Shulk is cool though.

Sakurai, if you put in Ridley and K Rool, maybe Isaac, all will be forgiven...

I'm hoping tomorrow's PotD is Mr. Game & Watch, because it would be kinda sad not to get any veterans, and have him shown, and then they leave us hanging as to his fate. Cutting Mr. Game & Watch when he's such an easy character to design would seem silly.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I don't know whether I should feel like Shulk gained probability due to the Gematsu leak, or whether he lost probability after failing to be shown alongside X....

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I don't know whether I should feel like Shulk gained probability due to the Gematsu leak, or whether he lost probability after failing to be shown alongside X....
... for now. Keep in mind, he could pop up in the game later.

X being confirmed to be a Xenoblade Chronicles game actually made me feel pretty secure about him. Unsure so far about who between Chrom or Shulk will claim the title of Most Likely now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, they went with Pac-Man's classic look after all. Non-Ghostly Adventures design is confirmed.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
How is Pac-Man being confirmed a "loss of competition"?

Isn't it just as easily (more easily, in fact) described as a victory of the competition?

Slime was never competing for a third party slot, as Pac-Man is second party to this game, and was always insanely likely. What Slime was competing for was the big reveal, and with Pac-Man out the way and more than 4 months to go, that cuts his big third party competition down by a long way!

If Pac-Man wasn't revealed yet, or the game launched sooner than later, then this would be the big last minute 3rd party reveal... as is there's still space for one of those... if we get one or not is the question... and since Nintendo themselves won't be attending TGS it's still not exactly likely... but clearly they're holding big reveals back for the pre-release Smash Direct.. just look at the absence of Ridley! So one has to question if a third party is on that list of big reveals, and if so, who?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Slime was never competing for a third party slot, as Pac-Man is second party to this game, and was always insanely likely. What Slime was competing for was the big reveal, and with Pac-Man out the way and more than 4 months to go, that cuts his big third party competition down by a long way!
My original point still stands though...

Slime's not in a better position than before. The big E3 reveal has been taken... which is one less opportunity for him.

If Pac-Man was a foregone conclusion, then at best this is neutral, because it shouldn't change your thinking from before Pac-Man was revealed.

Personally, I don't see how it affects things much at all, but if it does, it hurts. If Slime is a 3rd party worth including, he'd be a character worth showing at E3, IMO.

But I admit that I tend to think that if a 3rd-party isn't a big enough announcement to be part of the E3 hype train, they probably shouldn't (and won't) be included.
If Pac-Man wasn't revealed yet, or the game launched sooner than later, then this would be the big last minute 3rd party reveal... as is there's still space for one of those... if we get one or not is the question... and since Nintendo themselves won't be attending TGS it's still not exactly likely... but clearly they're holding big reveals back for the pre-release Smash Direct.. just look at the absence of Ridley! So one has to question if a third party is on that list of big reveals, and if so, who?
I dunno... Don't get your hopes up. You're trying to say that somehow the delay improves Slime's chances by improving their options for timing to reveal him.

But they didn't plan on a delay. And the characters they revealed made sense for E3.

You're basically saying that because of the delay, they pushed Pac-Man's reveal up to E3 or something, because otherwise they would've held him for another month or two, for right before release, and then somehow we might've seen Slime earlier? So because of the delay, they moved Pac-Man up to E3 and now Slime has the chance to be included in the next Smash-related Direct? I don't really know how it makes sense.

I wouldn't read anything into the delay for anyone's chances. Slime has a slim chance, and E3 going down the way it was expected to doesn't really change things...

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

I like your optimism. Never lose hype hope!

D

Deleted member

I think that Shulk absolutely gained more than lost. Although he wasn't shown alongside X, the game is now confirmed to be a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, meaning that he comes from an established series now.

Although I predicted Shulk to get confirmed, the other three characters were definitely higher priority than him. Miis had to coincide with Tomodachi Life like Villager did with New Leaf last year, Palutena was a heavily requested character in the west (and this is a western event), and Pac-Man had to be revealed since this is E3.

I'm thinking that Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men are going to spike up to the 80s or 90s, but we shouldn't re-rate them immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think X came up too late to affect Smash's development that much honestly. It's coming out even after Smash, isn't it? Unless Sakurai has as much contact with Monolith as he has with Intelligent Systems and Game Freak I find it unlikely we'll see any of it in Smash.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mii Fighter- I can't believe Sakurai made Miis a unique and fun character. I always knew they were likely, but I never expected them to be as creative as this! Great job Sakurai, you impressed mii!

Palutena- Probably my least hyped out of the 3. She was the most likely newcomer, and I knew she was getting in, but I never really wanted her. But after that trailer, I have to say that she looks really fun! Here moves seem pretty cool!

Pac-Man- My most hyped out of the 3! I was worried beyond belief that Sakurai was going to screw this up, and give him the modern design. But I am extremely glad to see that he has classic influence in every move, and that he retains his Pac-Man World appearance.

If I get K. Rool, Ridley, Ghirahim, and Mewtwo, this roster is officially awesome!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Right Now, to complete the roster, I think that:
The rest of Brawl's vets aside from Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur need in.
Takamaru and King K. Rool need in. Isaac would be cool but not until after these two.
Mewtwo needs to return.
The second half of the Gematsu leak, Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men need in.

Then the game will offiicially be perfect to me.

Sakurai had me sold with Villager and Mega Man. He clenched that sale with Little Mac. Now, with Mii, Palutena, and Pac-Man, I'm on the verge of just throwing my money at him.

Last edited:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Unsure so far about who between Chrom or Shulk will claim the title of Most Likely now.
Probably Shulk as there are still people who think that Robin will take Chroms slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom