• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Brawler610 I've finished reading through all of the posts, but I didn't take tallies of votes. Do you have any tallies made, or should I skim back through and grab them? By the way, one of your honorable mentions is an honor--and you should know that you've been a major part in making that happen.
I have made the tallies!
Most Hyping
Little Mac and Mega Man are still at the top of this list. Interestingly, Rosalina has also spiked as well. Honorable mentions go to Greninja, the Smash Direct, Ike, and the E3 trailer.
9x Little Mac
7x Mega Man
6x Rosalina & Luma
4x Greninja
4x E3 Trailer
4x Ike
3x Smash Direct
2x Account Creation
2x Villager
1x Toon Link
1x Wii Fit Trainer
1x Montage Before Greninja
1x 3DS Release before Wii U Release
1x Unexpected Character Reveals
1x Direct Disconfirmations
1x Pokemon Reveals During Direct
1x Isaac’s Survival
1x Micaiah’s Survival
1x Zelda’s Phantom Slash
1x Sakurai’s Trolling in the Direct
1x Luigi

Most Deflating
A lot of people love Ridley. As such, his shadow is what killed the hype for most people. Curiously, Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer didn't get too many votes like they did before. Disconfirmations and character droughts were a major part of hype killing.
I should mention that if anyone said "Solo Charizard", I grouped it with "Pokemon Trainer Disconfirmation."
10x Ridley’s Shadow
4x Any Character Droughts
3x 3DS Release before Wii U Release
3x Pokemon Trainer’s Disconfirmation (includes Solo Charizard)
2x No Pokemon X & Y Reveal
2x Wii Fit Trainer
2x Rosalina & Luma
2x Saki’s Disconfirmation
2x Ashley’s Disconfirmation
2x Toon Link
2x Greninja
1x Direct Massacre
1x Lucario
1x “Pseudo-Scare”
1x Smash Direct
1x Final Destination Only in For Glory Mode
1x Tom Nook’s Disconfirmation
1x Holding Off Obvious Veterans
1x Skull Kid’s Disconfirmation
1x Losing Sheik’s Transformation
1x Global Smash Power
1x Everything With Ridley
1x No Transformations
1x Real Life Issues
1x Viridi Redesign
1x Leaks

And you're welcome Groose! I'm glad that I can make some sort of contribution in this thread! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Groose

Smash Champion
I have made the tallies!
Most Hyping
Little Mac and Mega Man are still at the top of this list. Interestingly, Rosalina has also spiked as well. Honorable mentions go to Greninja, the Smash Direct, Ike, and the E3 trailer.
8x Little Mac
7x Mega Man
6x Rosalina & Luma
4x Greninja
4x E3 Trailer
3x Ike
3x Smash Direct
2x Account Creation
2x Villager
1x Toon Link
1x Wii Fit Trainer
1x Isaac’s Survival
1x Micaiah’s Survival
1x Zelda’s Phantom Slash
1x Luigi

Most Deflating
A lot of people love Ridley. As such, his shadow is what killed the hype for most people. Curiously, Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer didn't get too many votes like they did before. Disconfirmations were a major part of hype killing.
I should mention that if anyone said "Solo Charizard", I grouped it with "Pokemon Trainer Disconfirmation."
10x Ridley’s Shadow
3x Any Character Droughts
2x Wii Fit Trainer
2x Rosalina & Luma
2x Toon Link
2x Greninja
1x Direct Massacre
1x Lucario
1x “Pseudo-Scare”
1x Smash Direct
1x Global Smash Power
1x No Transformations
1x Real Life Issues
1x Viridi Redesign
1x Leaks

And you're welcome Groose! I'm glad that I can make some sort of contribution in this thread! :grin:
Let me put my votes in and write a bit about them, and then I'll switch to the next day!

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Most hyped: Ike ' s reveal.
Most deflating: Direct-Ike drought.
After the big direct some time later I was really hoping for some more character reveals. I've been looking at potd as the try to hold me over but there were just some days when I would wonder when Would we get a new character. I had my hopes on Wario bit that one day I woke up and looked at the pic, that made me happy for the rest of the week. My #1 main in brawl, one people had low hopes for, got confirmed to be back.I had never even played a FE game beside 7 and I was ecstatic when it happened.

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose's Most Hyping:
Little Mac Punches In!

Expectations vs. Reality. I expected to have to wait for forty whole minutes just to see my most wanted newcomer take a severe hit at the hands of Dixie Kong; instead, I saw one of my Top Ten confirmed in what I still think is the game's best trailer. I've watched it a few dozen times now, and it still gets me hyped every time. This trailer absolutely made my day and made me speculate even more than usual.

Honorable Mention: Smash Direct
I was hyped from beginning to end in that Direct. A half-hour before, a friend and I went through and rewatched all of the old trailers, and then Sakurai completely blew my expectations out of the water by revealing new thing after new thing. I think it's the best Direct Nintendo has ever made (with an honorable mention to the Tomodachi Life one); I think it may have been the Trophy Quizzes and the music. The only reason it isn't my number one is that, while it kept the hype meter firmly on 10 for forty minutes straight, it never quite cranked it up to eleven like Little Mac's reveal.

Groose's Least Hyping:

None
Nothing has really halted or even slowed down my hype for this game. The only character that I really, really wanted who took a major blow is Ridley, but I am not so attached to any character as to see my hype fall after a single deconfirmation, and Ridley wasn't even outright deconfirmed. I do expect to see something sooner or later that will bring my hype down a little bit, but so far that just hasn't happened.

DAY OVER

YOU CAN'T STOP THIS TRAIN!

Groose

Smash Champion
Most Hyping Moment

Little Mac Reveal

Honorable Mentions: (Mega Man's Reveal, Rosalina's Reveal, and Ike's Reveal)
[collapse=Tallies]
9x Little Mac
7x Mega Man
6x Rosalina & Luma
5x Ike
4x Greninja
4x E3 Trailer
3x Smash Direct
2x Account Creation
2x Villager
1x Toon Link
1x Wii Fit Trainer
1x Isaac’s Survival
1x Micaiah’s Survival
1x Zelda’s Phantom Slash
1x Luigi[/collapse]
Little Mac is one of the most beloved of the newcomers, especially on this board. He may not be the most recent reveal, but he's still driving quite a bit of hype. Even after the whole Direct, his reveal is still out favorite moment; hopefully, that will change when E3 rolls around!

Most Deflating Moment

Ridley's Shadow

Honorable Mentions: (Character Droughts, 3DS Before Wii U, and Solo Charizard)
[collapse=Tallies]
10x Ridley’s Shadow
5x Any Character Droughts
2x Wii Fit Trainer
2x Rosalina & Luma
2x Toon Link
2x Greninja
1x Direct Massacre
1x Lucario
1x “Pseudo-Scare”
1x Smash Direct
1x Global Smash Power
1x No Transformations
1x Real Life Issues
1x Viridi Redesign
1x Leaks[/collapse]
It's no secret that the majority of us here are Ridley supporters. He's number three on the want chart and the largest support thread on the board. When we first saw the shadow, almost all of us thought that, at the very least, it really hurt his chances. It's no wonder this stole quite a bit of hype. Just imagine how strong the reaction will be when his role (as playable or a boss) is confirmed!​

Today we are revisiting something that we haven't done since... it was either New Years or before the December Direct. We are now over 240 Days into Rate Their Chances, but some days have been better than others. What three days of this game do you remember most fondly? This is intended to be a discussion of RTC, not Smash Speculation as a whole. Also, this is a celebration--let's talk about all of our good memories, shall we? ...and not dwell on the Deebates.

Note: If you're newer to this game, that's OK! You can abstain or choose just from the days you've participated in. Heck, even I haven't been here for every day, and nobody has perfect attendance anymore.

Pre-E3 Schedule
Tuesday into Wednesday: Most Overrated, Most Underrated, and Most Accurate
Wednesday into Thursday: Most Hyping and Most Deflating Moments

Thursday into Friday: Three Favorite Days on RTC
Friday into Saturday: Top Five Most Likely and Top Five Most Wanted
Saturday into Sunday: 50% of Top Ten + Grade Our Predictions!
Sunday into Monday: Overall Satisfaction and E3 Hype Rating
Monday-Tuesday: Predictions and Confessions

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Top three days:

1: Day 202; Pac-Man and Mii:
No surprise here. It was the day of my best post. Period. And the first time I actually was here to rate Pac-Man and give him my support.
Pac-Man:

Let me tell you a little story about a boy named James.

When James was an itty-bitty boy of five or six, he was introduced to this mystical contraption called a computer that he had no idea how to use. It bored him at first, since he only really saw boring adult stuff being done on it, but his father, being a man who loved computers and knew practically everything to know about them, wanted to teach his son what he knew about computers. Being a little boy, though, James wasn't interested in being taught how to use a "word", as he felt his vocabulary was more than adequate, and he felt a little sorry for the explorer who got himself stuck inside a net, but failed to understand what he had to do with computers. So he made the offhand comment of wanting to go and play and his father explained to him that this miraculous thing was something to be played with. He was, of course, very confused, but he trusted that his father wasn't a lunatic and that it really could play with him...despite not being able to move. So James waited as patiently as he knew how and eagerly watched his father as he brought down a folder with a bunch of silly looking circles with holes in the center. James assumed these to be treats for the computer that would get it to do tricks or something. (An assumption that seemed more than reasonable when the machine stuck out its tongue and took the treat into its mouth.)

James' father, being a fair bit more understanding of what he was doing, was looking for a game that would entertain our young James. It had to be nonviolent, fairly simple, and still appealing for little James. Pinball would've worked...but it wasn't quite colorful enough to appeal to such a young boy...Golf was definitely out of the question...maybe...no, not that...Then he found it! Should've been perfectly obvious to him, he thought to himself as he put it in.

James' attention was pulled to the start-up screen that he saw which he, despite being unable to read, found interesting because of a certain yellow, happy-faced ball-guy that greeted him and his father with a wink and a thumb's up, seemingly telling them that playtime was beginning. The game started up and James watched, confused, as some odd circles and a person made out of string showed up. His father explained that it was an intro like you'd see on a TV show and that the real thing was starting up. James' attention snapped completely to the oddly-shaped spinning rock that he saw. It looked sort of like something he knew by the name of Saturn, but it looked like a chunk was taken out of the side for some reason. The screen flashed to two brightly-colored ghosts of blue and orange traversing a not-so-brightly-colored landscape. The orange one stops and looks around before having the blue ghost run into him clumsily (James noted that they made a funny clunk-y sound when they bumped into one-another). The screen turned to match the vision of the ghosts and zoomed in. Menacing eyes appeared and the screen showed a close up of an unpleasant-looking creature speaking some evil sounding language. The orange ghost pulled a pretty golden ball out of a brown bag and turned to give it to the creature. He shook as the thing's claws took the artifact from him. The monster looked serious as he said a few more words before closing his hand around the ball. He lifted it up and smashed the golden sphere into the ground, creating a flash.

The screen then changes to look at a sleeping image of the happy yellow ball-guy that he saw before. He snores. Again. Then a light flashed on and off on a television behind him and a sound vaguely like a telephone went off...the ball-guy turned as the sound got faster and faster and the screen of the television blinked on. A similar looking yellow ball-guy with a gray mustache and a funky black hat appeared, seeming flustered. He talked in gibberish but it was obvious that he was upset. The original yellow ball-guy gets up urgently, tightens his orange gloves, and poses toward the screen, ready to take on this obvious predicament.

This game, Pac-Man: Adventures in Time, became one of his, or, rather, my favorites. I asked my parents to buy more Pac-Man games for me and we ended up getting Pac-Man All-Stars and Ms. Pac-Man and the Golden Maze, which became a few of my other favorites. (We also branched out to other classic Namco games, including Dig-Dug and Mappy, to name a few. I was introduced to the original that way and I was terrible at it, but still enjoyed it immensely.) The prized jewel of the games we got, however, was Pac-Man World 2, a game that holds the title of my favorite game of all time even now.

Pac-Man, of course, became an absolute obsession of mine. I bought every piece of smiley face merchandise I could get a hold of since they were the closest thing to Pac-Man merchandise I could find (and they were cute and happy in their own right as well, of course). We even bought the (looking back on it, terrible) Hanna Barbara Pac-Man TV Show and I watched every episode way too many times.

Of course, life went on and James grew up and situations changed. We had to move to the mountains (right after we painted Pac-Man and the Ghosts on my bedroom walls, I might add *grumblegrumble*) and I had to find a new school and new friends and all that. But I still had Pac-Man, so I was still happy and not everything was strange and unusual. And, of course, once I got used to that, my parents divorced and made my life especially difficult...but I still had my Pac-Pillow to rest my head on and my Pac-Man plushie to hold as I slept, so it wasn't so bad in the end.

I have changed, my life has changed, my situations have changed...and I don't deal well with change. I like consistency. Always have. So, in order to survive the inconsistency that I had to deal with, I latched on to one thing in my life that I had control of and never let it go. I made sure I had one thing in life that would always be there. I made sure that I always had something to go to when I needed to escape from the relentlessly changing world. That thing was Pac-Man. I was always going to have him and no one was going to take him away from me. Ever.

So, yeah. You could say that I have a personal connection with Pac-Man and that Pac-Man and I have quite the history together. He's been with me for over two-thirds of my life, after all. I've come to cherish and adore him.

So let's just get this clear:

Want: 100%
I think it's obvious why. I love Pac-Man...

...But it's actually a little more than that too. You see, I was introduced to Super Smash Bros. Melee when I was little as well. It wasn't even close to as early as Pac-Man, but I had played Super Smash Bros. Melee for the first time when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I ended up loving it so much that I got a Gamecube for Christmas the next year with it, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and...Pokemon Channel (which did not compare to those two masterpieces). This was the same time my brother was getting into Pokemon on the DS and I eventually ended up getting one of them so I could play with Pokemon too.

Before long, I was completely and utterly enamored with the worlds of Nintendo.

The chance to have these two incredibly influential series unite with Pac-Man's playable status in the Super Smash Bros. series would be a literal dream come true. This has been a lifelong dream that I never dared hope for...until now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chance:
I'll be honest. Him not being in would be enough to make me abstain from buying the Wii U I've been saving for for Smash. I might very well get only the 3DS version at first and get a Wii U (and the Wii U version) when more games come out that interest me (since, frankly, none but a very select few have) if Pac-Man's not in. With Pac-Man, this is a system seller for me. Without, it's not.

So his not getting in would crush me.

...But, obviously, I am saving for a Wii U. I am definitely hoping for the best. It's obvious that I don't want to be crushed...but it's important to note that I don't expect to be. Just take this as my warning that I may be too optimistic about his chances. It's not my intent to be biased, and I genuinely feel this way, but I could very well be overestimating his chances because of my want for him being so high.

With that out of the way, let me list the largest points in his favor:

Point 1: Bandai-Namco is working on Smash Bros 4 with Sakurai and co.
Everyone and their mother knows this by now. Sakurai is living next to and working at a Bandai-Namco facility for this project. If it wasn't for this, I fully admit that Pac-Man's likelihood of getting in would be similar to the likelihood of his living from touching a ghost without a power pellet...null. But it puts him in a situation that's very comparable to that of Snake. While the creator of Pac-Man isn't exactly Sakurai's close friend, Sakurai's still in contact with important members of Bandai-Namco, which means negotiations for Pac-Man would already be easier for Sakurai than Sonic's and Mega Man's were. That combined with Pac-Man's far greater iconic status than Snake, lack of the potentially offensive material that Snake has, and Nintendo's familiarity with negotiating with Bandai-Namco make him the easiest potential third-party newcomer to get into Smash yet. The situation would probably be highly tempting. (Also, it'd make Miyamoto ecstatic.)

Point 2: Pac-Man has little to no competition from other third-party newcomers.
Since Sakurai stated that only "legendary" third-party characters would be getting in, Pac-Man does not have to deal with competition from other third-party characters (such competition made it impossible for Mega Man to get in Brawl, since Sonic was so highly requested). He is, by far, the most highly requested third-party character to add. His only competition is from veteran Snake (who, for the record, can coexist with Pac-Man) and a few oddball third-party candidates like Professor Layton and Dragon Quest's Slime. This means that Sakurai was very likely to at least consider him, especially considering the circumstances between him and Bandai-Namco.

Point 3: Namco has received recognition already in SSB4.
The S-Flag and Galaga enemy boosted Pac-Man's already ridiculous chances up by a ton. Sakurai has to have been in at least some negotiations with Bandai-Namco in order to get this in the game. And if he was in negotiations, it's not likely he was in negotiations only for an item, since Sakurai has mentioned that working with other companies is one of the most difficult parts about making the game before. Why would he go through such difficult stuff for anything less than a playable character? It just doesn't make sense.

Point 4: Leak
We have no idea if it's real or not, but it's at least highly probable that this guy has some legitimate inside info. If he does, Pac-Man's in 100%. I won't go too far into this, though, since the leak isn't necessarily true and might be completely irrelevant to his chances if so.

With that in mind, I'm giving Pac-Man a 94% chance. He's only behind Palutena herself in likelihood for me. I hope I justified it well and I apologize if my rating is biased, as I acknowledge it may be.
2. Day 138; Dark Pit and Toad:
For those who don't know, Toad was (and still is) one of my most wanted characters. On this day, one post specifically made this day for me and many Toad fans and lead to the highest want rating Toad had ever seen.
Toad

I've been ready for this. I don't think you are though.

Let's begin: What is a Toad.

This little mushroom man is Toad.

Toad has been a staple of the Mario series since it began, and prior to Yoshi appearing was without a doubt the fourth most important hero of the series. Pre-N64 Toad did many amazing things.

He was faster than Mario, Luigi and Peach. He was stronger than them too. In fact Toad basically left the others in the dust when it come to overall combat skills in SMB2. See that Veggie Pluck Peach does? She was actually the worst at it. The best at it? Toad.

In fact Toad's only real weakness in that game was his lackluster jump, which was easily overcome by the use of the Super Jump Crouch:

Look at him fly! This particular skill was usable by all of the heroes in SMB2, but was notably more useful for Toad due to the insane difference in made to his jumping skills.

So what else did Toad do pre-N64 era?
Well he did quite a few things, including defeating a **** ton of impressive enemies in the puzzle game; Wario's Woods, his first(and currently only, bar the SNES remake) starring role as the lead protagonist.

Here his job was to bump off the many monsters that were invading the Mushroom Kingdom's forests under Wario's command. For the uninitiated it was a fun puzzle game that combined elements of Tetris and Bomberman into one addictive puzzle game with a platforming edge; Toad could interact with the monsters and bombs that his friend Wanda would drop in, but he'd have to take himself into account whilst shifting them.

Toad here displayed the impressive strength again, easily lifting five times his weight and proved himself to be a dab hand with explosives(it's impossible to blow yourself up...death only comes from Wario's hand as he slowly tried to crush Toad under a huge Thwomp) but this wasn't the only unique ability that was given to Toad.

Toad can run up walls in this game.

I mean really, who needs to freaking jump at all when you can run up walls? That's a pretty damn awesome ability there.

Did I mention the villains this shroom faced? Aside from having faced Wart, whom most of you are familiar with now and Wario, he also had to deal with this rogue's gallery;
Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler

So there you go; Toad gets to do a whole bunch of cool things in the NES and SNES era...

Unfortunately the N64 era was less kind shoving Toad in NPC roles of hosting party games, refereeing golf matches and only occasionally joining in with sports; Toad's only appearance in the Mario Tennis games as a playable was in Mario Tennis for the N64, after that he was cut so we could have characters like...9 different coloured Yoshi's in Mario Tennis Open. I'm a Yoshi fan before a Toad fan believe it or not, but even I can't stomach THAT much Yoshi.

The Gamecube eras if anything were even worse; Toad was now pushed to the back, and seemingly replaced by Toadsworth for Mario Sunshine as Peach's steward even. He made his Super Smash Debut; as a meatshield, a position it looks that he'll likely hold for a long time. Why; even in Mario Kart, Toad's staple series, he was reduced to an unlockable character, and was no longer a playable character in Mario Power Tennis(seemingly planned and then cut, despite getting a partner in Toadette). The Gamecube was indeed not kind to Toad.

Unfortunately it is the N64 and Gamecube generation now whom are growing up, and thus they have skipped Toad's adventures as a bomb wielding, monster destroying, glass cannon who could run circles around the brothers(literally thanks to his speed; or he could if 3D was a thing back then). As a result Toad is seen by many of the people on this board as a sniveling coward; a husk of what he was during the period of time I grew up in; the NES and SNES years.

Luckily for Toad; the Wii years were far kinder; Mario Sports Mix basically threw dozens of Toads and Yoshis at the players all in various colours, and Toad retook his placement as the lead Toad in Mario Galaxy, renamed Captain Toad. He also returned as a standard starter for Mario Kart, and two Toads(notably not The red capped, blue jacketed Toad) also starred alongside the Mario Brothers in the first simultaneous multiplayer game; a game seemingly designed to tear friendships apart.

The Toads continued to be a part of New Super Mario Bros. multiplayer games, starring in three and racing into the Wii U era. During this time they got their chance to fight against Bowser for the first time, the Koopalings, Kamek and fellow rival for Smash Mario newcomer; Bowser Jr.

Now in 3D World, Toad returns as Captain Toad(seemingly a staple character now) and has returned to puzzling. Admittedly far simpler puzzling than Wario's Woods, and he certainly doesn't seem to be unaffected by gravity anymore. Boo.

Still, Toad's future is looking far better as he and his brethren continue to make playable appearances in the main Mario games. Hopefully this will continue

Chance: 100%. As meat shield again. Goddammit.
Chance: 3% as playable.

At a push. MAYBE DLC. MAYBE. But I won't hold my breath.
I'm far more hopeful for Toad in Smash 5(or 6, if 3DS counts as 5). With Rosalina being added to rep Galaxy by the looks of things, and Brawl Mario representing Super Mario Sunshine(which honestly was the best time to add Jr.) it means that there's a better chance for Toad, or Blue Toad, next time to rep 3D World.
Want: 100%

I've wanted Toad for 15 years, a feat only one other character has matched him in(Meowth).
I got some relief last year when I discovered Super Smash Bros. Crusade, but I'd love to see the day when Toad finally kicks Peach away and uses HER as his B move. Maybe he'll use the vibe sceptor as his down and B.

I mean she'd be better with it than he would, but it's only a fair trade.

Moveset wise Toad's no where near as limited as people make out. Look at all these options for Up + B's for example:

Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler

Add to that a mixture of being able to manipulate the arena by plucking up Wario's Woods monsters(thus sculpting the landscape), a selection of bombs(depending on victim each colour could do differet damage ala Wario's Woods), his spores(which were actually around since Mario Tennis), his ability to spawn mushroom platforms(See Mario Sports Mix for his specials) and the potential to be able to run up walls and we have a character that can fit a lot of roles.

It's just a shame everyone fobs him off as generic, or only capable of being a Mario/Peach combo semi clone.

Cripes, sorry about that. Probably the biggest Rate Their Chances post ever, eh?
Welcome back and congratulations, by the way, @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

3. Day 142 Yarne and Owain Tag Team and Saki
I don't even think I participated, but the posts were amazing. Absolutely amazing. Groose's in particular.
COURT BEGINS 2002

Court is now in session for the trial of Yarne and Owain.
The defense is ready, Your Honor.

The prosecution is ready.

So this is the legendary von Karma
that Mr. Wright used to duel? She doesn't
look so tough. I'll be fine--her comes Justice!

Miss von Karma? Your opening statement, if you will.
I hardly think that will be necessary, Your Honor.
Yet, I guess I'll oblige. It's Yarne and Owain.
Neither has a chance individually. As a team?
It's beyond foolish!
Why, I suppose you do have a point there.
Weren't those Chrom and Marth fellows the stars of Awakening?
Your Honor, it would be best if you don't leap to
premature conclusions. Owain and Yar--- AHH!
FOOLISHLY FOOLISH FOOL! I give you one chance to
back out--submit a Guilty Plea and be saved the pain of
my whip and utter humiliation.
Did she just... use her whip on me? Erm... isn't that
against the rules?

The defense pleads Not Guilty... and request the court
takes the whip away from this mad woman posing as
the prosecution for this case.
Oh, you fool. Don't you know? I am a von Karma--as such,
I am the master of this court.
Any foolishly blurted foolish statements
will be greeted with a crack of the whip.
Yes, Mr. Justice. You're still a rookie, so
I suppose you still have to learn about the von Karmas.
We'll do things as the prosecution suggests.
This... this truly is the Dark Age of the Law...
Anyway, I'll be calling my witness to the stand now.
Very well. Please do!
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Court... I present to you...
Detective Scruffy McTrenchcoat!
Actually, pal, the name's Detective **** Gumshoe.
I really don't li--- OWWW!
Your testimony! NOW!
Y-y-yes, Miss von Karma.

CROSS EXAMINATION ALLEGRO 2007

Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
I can't recall them appearing in any other games.
I think it's possible to beat Awakening without
even seeing them, anyway.
There's one more point that was important...
what was it now...?

Oh, yeah! The characters have no significant
relationship with one another.
That's all for my testimony. Pretty decisive stuff, huh?

Why, that's a very decisive testimony indeed!
I could declare my verdict here and now!
Before you do, I'd like to give the defense a chance
to cross-examine the witness.
It's time to show him what being
a von Karma is all about. His arguments will
fall before my superiority!

Why, geez. How courteous and humble of her.

But what a mistake. Gumshoe's testimony is solid,
but there is one major flaw.

The defense would like to take the
prosecution up on her offer.

Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

OBJECTION 2007
In what way are they minor?
That''s easy, pal. They're insignificant to the plot,
lack popularity, and aren't of the Lord class.
The defense requests that the witnesses' testimony
be amended to reflect these new details!
Very well. Witness, please amend your statement.

You got it, Your Honor!

Yarne and Owain lack significance to the plot
and popularity among the fans.
Yarne and Owain are very popular among the fans!
This is why they're not irrelevant, and why
they have a shot at teaming up for this game!
Mr. Justice, please calm those Cords of Steel of yours down.
However, you have a point. If what you---

Evidence is everything in a court of law.

If what you say is true... prove it!
As much as that whip hurt...
I'm sure it'll hurt your case even more when
I present my decisive evidence.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_GpO9XrLQPURSUIT: Overtaken[/URL]
Please take a look at the linked [url]http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.htmlpoll.[/URL] It's
an official poll that was held by Nintendo,
and it influenced the DLC for Awakening.
You'll notice that it proclaims Owain is
the second most popular male character
in the game.
Popularity could push Owain into the game.
Fool! You've foolishly fooled yourself
into losing this case!

Erm... I have? What's she talking about?

What have you been arguing for this entire time?
That Owain and Yarne can get in this game
as a tag-team.
What has my witness proved?
Erm... that they aren't important to Awakening itself.
Still, they could get...

What does your evidence prove?
That the two are very popular. Owain is the second most popular,
and Yarne is the...

Oh. Oh crap.

Well? What is Yarne?
Yarne is second to last on the list.
He is one of the least popular characters.
Why... that means that...
Owain may be popular enough to get in, but Yarne isn't.
The two have no connection to each other, so there's no
reason that the two would get in as a pair.
This team is an impossibility!
ACCCCCCKKKKKK!
I'M NOOOOOOOOOOT FIIIIIIINEEEEEEE!
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85LHSlC_My8Great Revival: Franziska von Karma[/URL]

I see we've reached a conclusion. But before I hand
down my verdict... Miss von Karma, what happened to
Mr. Justice?
He's had a breakdown. I think he said something
about Mr. Wright coming out of retirement. Foolish nonsense.
Very well. I can hereby declare the defendants,
Yarne and Owain....

Yarne and Owain:
0% chance

...and 0% want for good measure.

EDIT: And 33% want, thanks to OcarinaofDoom and YoshiandToad's posts.

D

Deleted member

How is this day supposed to work? I'm a bit confused...
Three Favorite RTC Days has been added to the Directory.

My three favorite RTC days, in this particular order, are:
  1. Day 174 Sheriff and Shulk: I made my absolute best post in the history of this game. I prepared this post for the course of several days and I still have it saved as a word document. I am going to keep improving the arguments for Shulk and I will continue this post until people will know his name (meaning, until he gets confirmed). Hopefully, that time will come on Tuesday... PLEASE!
  2. Day 153 Little Mac Satisfaction: This day was absolutely glorious. Everyone came in and he got an overall high satisfaction rating. It really shows how excellent of a newcomer Little Mac is and how much hype he brought with him, despite being considered a shoo-in. I love to look back on this day and reading the comments while listening to the Punch Out!! Main Theme and Gonna Fly Now. I can't wait to see what E3 will bring us!
  3. Day 114 Hades: This day was awesome because of Hades and his antics. Just like he is in KI:U, you just want to see more of this guy as everything he says is pure gold. Hell, I've role-played as Hades on another website and it was freaking awesome! Go your awesomeness, Lord Hades!
That is my overall top three. However, I have many honorable mentions:

• Day 18 Owain: I wanted to make my account on this day and join in on giving him double zeroes, but I didn't for some reason. It was just hilarious how everyone just shot down him down regardless of anything. His day was an omen of things to come.
  • Day 48 Sonic the Hedgehog: So many people came in and gave Sonic some pretty high scores. What I like the most about this day was the amount of confidence people had about Sonic's return. This day stood out to me because this was the first day that I made a post with a legitimate amount of effort into it.
  • Day 73 Cloud Strife: I enjoyed ripping Cloud Strife to smithereens on this day. I sometimes contemplate on renominating him to re-experience it again. Since this rating, I've seen The Completionist's Final Fantasy VII videos and my thoughts of the game have changed. I see why people like it, but the game isn't really my cup of tea. One thing still remains the same: I find him to be a lame hero and I still hate him.
  • Day 83 Phoenix Wright: I've never played a Phoenix Wright game, yet it was entertaining with the gifs and posts that people made. It's pretty obvious to me that the games have this distinct, colorful charm to them that people love. I need to play one for myself...
  • Day 85 Chancellor Cole: We ripped this guy to shreds and this was the day that nearly everyone can agree on has no chance. Because of this, some of the posts were rather humorous. Also, I got 10 extra nominations from before! WOO HOO!
  • Day 110 Groose: The Groose is Loose... that is all you need to know.
  • Day 122 Banjo-Kazooie: The reason why I liked this day was because nearly everyone had a memory with Banjo-Kazooie that they wanted to share. It was incredibly unfair that Microsoft bought Rare and brought Banjo with them. Since this rating, I have beaten and 100%'d Banjo-Kazooie. The game was incredible and I wish that I could have given Banjo a 100% want. He is a Nintendo character that has a neglectful home... I hate you, Microsoft.
  • Day 125 Quote & Chrom: Mainly for Groose's thoughts on Fire Emblem and OcarinaOfDoom's post.
  • Day 142 Yarne & Owain Tag Team and Saki: What more can I say about this day? It was absolutely hilarious from beginning to end! I don't think that we will get anything as whacky as a Yarne & Owain Tag Team rating. (except for maybe rating the Mercedes Benz GLA!)
  • Day 148 Amaterasu and Promoted Assist Trophy: Oh Amaterasu, I wish that I could have you in Smash. I am a big Okami fan and I was glad to share my memories with the game. I really hope that the series gets a third game on the Wii U as the GamePad plus brush mechanics would make for a fun experience. I recommend Okami to any Zelda fan out there. If you haven't played it yet... why?
  • Day 175 Adam Malkovich and Two Donkey Kong Newcomers: Purely because of this post that I made because I was bored and because of Adam's "glorious" want score.
  • Day 189 Lupus and Lip: Because of Lupus's nonexistent chance score. I would have been surprised if he managed to get a score above 0%.
  • Day 192 Pre-Direct: Most Hyping and Most Deflating Moments: Those stories.
  • Day 224 Gematsu Leak and Savvy Stylist: Purely because I ran this day and I was absolutely excited for it. I enjoyed seeing the posts of both leak believers and doubters... though the debating wasn't fun. I also enjoyed some of the posts that completely ripped on Savvy Stylist.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
My three favorites:
1. All of them.
2. All of them.
3. All of them.
What can I say? I love this thread.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This one's hard, in large part because this game has been going on for roughly a year now and I've forgotten about a lot of what happened as a result. It hasn't helped that I've missed quite a few days in that span, including some infamous ones like Hades. Oops! So, instead of naming any specific days, I'll just make one sweeping generalization:

Favorite RTC Days - All the Ones With Phoenix Wright Cases
It's been a while since I've seen one, but I'm sure most of the regulars remember them. Championed in large part by Groose himself (possibly only him; again, my memory isn't that great), it is always fun to see an argument presented not simply as a lengthy post, but with an in-character court case between characters like Phoenix, Miles, Godot, and of course the judge, complete with tons of gifs and even music straight from the Ace Attorney games. Even if I didn't agree with the argument presented (and, honestly, I don't recall disagreeing with many of them), they were so well written and fun to read that I'd enjoy the posts tremendously regardless. Well done to those who put in the work to make those posts happen, because they're always a treat!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think I can provide a top three for this one. Almost none of the days have been particularly memorable for me.

Except for one.

Favorite RTC Day: Day 204: Chrom and Robin

Why is this day my favorite? Because I wrote out this thing. I consider that analysis of the chances of one of my most wanted characters to be one of my better posts on this forum. Admittedly, I should have been writing up a research paper at the time... But whatever, I got an A+ regardless.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'll make mine considerably less detailed and simple, because after almost a year most of the RTC experience has just conglomerated into this one, awesome mess that got me to make an account here in the first place.

Best day: Most recent Palutena day
Mostly because of the sheer joy and awesomeness of Palutena getting the highest newcomer chance rating around. It's fantastic, and it makes me really happy her want also consistently remained in the top ten.

second best day: Hades
There's a trend here. I absolutely love Kid Icarus Uprising. It's my favorite game of all time, mostly because I consider Smash more of a life experience than just a game, so seeing that one day have so much Kid Icarus love was amazing. It was a truly exciting day.

third best: ???
I seriously don't know. Last time we did this I had a better idea, but now I feel like the days have been merging in my memory a lot more than before so I seriously can't say what other day tickled my fancy. Also, it's really hard to decide which huge-post-full-of-love-and-devotion-to-a-character was the best, since we got so many, from brawler610's huge post on Shulk (to this day I constantly listen to you will know our name on repeat thanks to those posts) to yoshiandtoad's huge explanation of Toad's accomplishments (which made me appreciate using toad in Wario's Woods and SMB2 a lot more.) And then add to that all the role play posts with fire emblem characters, phoenix wright characters, layton, etc. ... it's too tough to pick. Losing this thread will certainly be a sad aspect to getting the game.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Favorite RTC Days! Let's take a trip down memory lane.
1. DAY 217 Marshal AND Chibi-Robo AKA The Chibi-Robo Rerate: I worked hard to get him re-rated and you guys backed me up nominating him. It was extremely gratifying that a character whose thread only encompassed 5 pages could somehow break into the most Wanted Chart. Furthermore, the discussion on Marshal was extremely informative, as it involved both Leak-haters and Leak-supporters. It was amazing, especially when we learned that the Hoenn Remakes were coming the day after we rated Sceptile. This thread was, to me at least, a great example of what RTC means.
2. DAY 224 Gematsu Leak AND Savvy Stylist AKA The Perfect Fifty: This one isn't so much the actual debate as the result. The leak was so controversial it got a 50% in both chance and want. That's just freaky. Plus the Stylist got an okay chance and want score. Even when it's controversial, RTC is able to keep it together.
3. DAY 195 Overall Direct Satisfaction AKA Stunned Silence: This is a special day. Sakurai proved he was an amazing troll, and we were in awe of him. We created a new thread, and we even considered changing how we voted. We wept with the deconfirmations, and rejoiced at the new modes. The direct pushed the hype to 9000. What will happen after E3?

D

Deleted member

Favorite Day: Explaining why Spyro's exclusion was a no brainer and breaking Groose's calculator. I've been a fan since playing the original Spyro the Dragon on PS1, but I didn't let any bias prevent me from listing every reason why he won't join the roster. Would I like for him to be in? I would rather see him in a possible, but unlikely PlayStation All-Stars 2 (even if that game is ever in development, Spyro will probably be excluded yet again), but if he joined Smash Bros., then heck yes!

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...vourite-rtc-days.351920/page-68#post-16778258

2nd Favorite Day: Everything else.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Top 3 Favorite Days (In no particular order):

1. Lupus - I had the pleasure of nominating him to the top. I feel porud knowing I nominated the character with the least chance (can i have a cookie now?)
  2. Waddle Dee - Despite all the controversies, It is the most active this thread gets for the most part.
  3. Palutena (After the "leak") - It was awesome to see her score jump so high in light of the "leak"

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
1. Gematsu leak. It is so interesting to see how a community can become so divided over one subject.
2. Ridley. See above.
3. Most Hype/Deflating. Sure, it was only yesterday, but I really enjoyed reading the stories that went along with those.

Not day related, but every post that involved an Ace Attorney court case was golden XD

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Favourite RTC day: I'm new here so I was going to say abstain but then we got to the "OP character' one a couple of days ago. Needless to say, it was an incredibly controversial topic and I love it! I'm not exactly sure why, maybe sometimes it's nice to see a different opinion from my own, not to mention I was so happy we could all gave it a 0% want...
...and that I'm not as insane as I thought.:joyful:

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
1. Sceptile re-rate: It was awesome seeing my most wanted newcomer ride all the Hoenn hype straight to the 10th spot on the popularity chart. He's not there anymore, but it was great when it happened and while it lasted.
2. Greninja satisfaction: I wasn't there when it happened, but I went back to see what everyone had to say and to lick up the leftover Mewtwo tears (j.k... pretty sure Mewtwo is definitely gonna be in this Smash.)
3. Double Trouble- Ridley and Rool: New to the game, so it was the first time I saw others rate two of my most wanted newcomers.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Top 3 RTC:
1. Paper Mario, I could finally express why he's my number 1 newcomer. Also f*** those who rated him low(Hahaha only kidding, everyone has their own opinions which is fine.)
2. Eh. . . I only have 1.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Top 3 Favorite Days

Day 114 - Hades - As the only person who nominated Hades for countless days, can I just say it was worth it? Ah, there was only one such day that will hold the same charm as the original day Hades came in and practically won everybody over with his unique charm. Oh, and don't forget everybody else as well.

Day 226 - Anna and Slime - OK, this was mostly just for Anna. Ah, shooting from a near nobody to 10th most wanted was an unexpected surprise. And here I though Anna was often overlooked...

Day 133 - Scrooge McDuck - Everyone and their mother came in to make the most hilarious comments on how stupid this idea was. Man, was that funny. Now, can we not try and come up with more impossible characters?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Favourite Days:

Hades -
That day was hilarious. It should be on everyone's list!

Latest Newcomer Satisfaction -
I think after the Direct people really had learnt what the characters could do and give proper informed decisions, it made a really interesting read to see everyone's thoughts.

Slime -
The original, and his best chance score, he's getting more popular now, which is what I want so hopefully he's highly requested for Smash 5 if he doesn't make it, but that day I had my best debating face on, and had weeks of Slime Puns prior... Just getting his name out there, and showing people some of his charm was great! It helps that I'm pretty passionate about the character though! :p

Also, just noticed that favourite's spelt correctly in the thread title! Have you always spelt things properly Groose? Have I just not noticed?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Top 3:
3. Reggie (feat. Hades)- It's where I first started using Pros & Cons.

2. Smash Direct Satisfaction- Such a great day of salt abound.

1. Day 207: Shulk & Mewtwo- That Rating. The biggest post I've ever had on Smashboards. All for Mewtwo, all for what might be the biggest rating that RTC has ever had.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Crud, missed two days...ah well, I'll catch up on what I missed, then it's off to the Directory for this day.

Also, it's kind of saddening to me. I mean, I'm hyped as HECK for Smash 4 and can't wait to get my hands on a copy when is finally released, but at the same time as it draws closer to release, the closer this game on this site will come to an end. It's been one of, if not, the best part of the long wild ride that is Smash 4's speculation scene. And it will be one of the very few big parts of said scene that I will truly miss.

Favorite RTC Days:

1: Reggie.

As much as I hate the idea of Reggie in Smash...the day itself was chock full of posts that were absolutely hilarious. I can look back at the day and still laugh reading through it all.

2. Pac-man and Mii

Pacack's story. I need not say anything else.

3. Happy Mask Salesman.

He may not have gotten very decent want, and although his chance score was low as it should be, I was the one who started nominating him again and I was satisfied with how the day turned out in the end.

An honorable mention would go to any day that had an Ace Attorney post by Groose or lonekonwolf (I don't recall anyone else using them on this particular thread at least) these generally long posts were extremely clever and entertaining, although I (regrettably) haven't played any Ace Attorney games myself. This might have been No. 3 if there weren't so many days involving them.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I'll mention the days that stood out.

1. Hades' Rate: Oh boy, that was really impressive. Lots of flavour text, Hades the Magnificent's post were incredible.
2. Little Mac Satisfaction: He won the title of the Most Satisfying Reveal by a mile. Impressive.
3. Post Direct Satisfaction: I remember it specifically as we moved to a brand new thread and better organized for our beloved game, and how polarizing the direct was in some respects (Palutena, Ridley, the AT massacre, etc.)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Favorite Days:

1. Day 114 - Hades and others made this a very funny day.
2. Day 142 - Yarne & Owain is still one of the craziest suggestions we've ever had.
3. Day 197 - I like seeing the different opinions on the confirmed newcomers.

Honorable mentions to Rosalina and Phoenix Wright's days.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Day 26: Toad
    As luck would have it this was my first day back to Smashboards in 11 years. I made my first post in a decade on this very thread. Shame his final want was so low though.
  2. Day 138: Dark Pit and Toad
    The third Toad rating, and this time I stepped my game up with that large fan post of mine. I gushed about Toad's accomplishments and to my surprise; others began agreeing with me in the want category at least. It was a very beautiful thing for me to see people warming up to the iconic mushroom man.
  3. Day 196 and Day 197: Post Direct satisfaction days!Something to talk about at last after so long with a newcomer no one saw coming! The Direct came along and introduced us to Greninja! What a crazy newcomer. No one saw it coming and all of the Direct screwed with so many of our thoughts on what was likely and what wasn't.
As a rule I always enjoy the Satisfaction days because I can gush about how much I like or dislike the newcomer we've been given and look at other's opinions. It's been interesting to see at various times Wii Fit Trainer has been a more satisfying newcomer than some of the ones we got post E3 in other's opinions, or how Greninja affected Mewtwo fans in various ways.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Mmm having being in these forums that long so not lots of moments to choose from

1.- Day 199 Palutena and Ridley in case it wasn't obvious all thos magical hight scores for her, I haven't see that consistency for other characters
2.- Day 219 Kid Icarus Codecs and Overhaul Wario because of Hades opening the day and because it's Kid icarus related.
So @Brawler610 you are the mind behind Hades in these parts? that's news to me
3.- Day 218 Sceptile and Blaziken for the hype train everybody jumped on that was WAY OVERATED, good seen people returning to their senses

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
1. Micaiah's Day - It was great to see that she has quite the fan base here.
2. Palutena's Day - It was great to see how she has both high chance and want.
3. Anna's Day - I was glad she made the top 10!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Top 3 posts
#3: Day 85: Chancellor Cole. I loved seeing those reactions. Many of you made some good posts and it was just a fun time all around.
#2: Day 164: Louie and Takamaru. This was another great day for me. I was writing up a long post about Takamaru, stating why he isn't likely, and in the midst of writing all of his good and bad points I grew to like him. That was the only day that actually changed my opinion on a character.
#1: Day 99: Rosalina and Waddle Dee. That day was magical.That day, we rated Rosalina and I gave her a low score, thinking that she wasn't going to get in over Bowser Jr. Paper Mario, Toad, or even Waluigi. But even better than that was Bandana Dee (known only as Waddle Dee back then). But it was the first day I had seen anyone take Bandana Dee seriously. Those were the times that he wasn't a controversial topic here. He saw a huge increase in both chance and want, landing him in #9 of the (back then nonexistent) want chart. That was by far the best day we have ever had in this game in my opinion, and I wish every day could be this great.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
I dunno who is Hades anyway...
It's a secret to everyone.
Speak for yourself. It's not a secret to me!

Speaking of secrets, why didn't anyone tell me that we were rating Little Miss Medusa last week? I would have enjoyed seeing all of the tears on her day, but I didn't get an invite. How rude. I may have to go decimate a country or two to make myself feel better.

Oh, and I demand you rerate me immediately. I'm the subject of a very credible leak now. And no, I certainly, certainly, certainly did not make any posts on 4Chan under the name of "LeakerBros." Definitely not me. Stop pointing those fingers! I mean it!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Viridi called, Hades. Viridi's Almighty Multipurpose Company (We now do flooring!) approves of a possible rerate. :troll:
THIS KID ICARUS TRAIN NEVER STOPS RUNNING!

D

Deleted member

Speaking of secrets, why didn't anyone tell me that we were rating Little Miss Medusa last week? I would have enjoyed seeing all of the tears on her day, but I didn't get an invite. How rude. I may have to go decimate a country or two to make myself feel better.

Oh, and I demand you rerate me immediately. I'm the subject of a very credible leak now. And no, I certainly, certainly, certainly did not make any posts on 4Chan under the name of "LeakerBros." Definitely not me. Stop pointing those fingers! I mean it!
I thought that you were going to come! Don't worry though! I gave old, boring news Medusa a 0% in want just for you. ;)

But Hades, if we re-rate you now, your scores will spike up and then you will be our most overrated newcomer over Sceptile! We can't have that! Especially when we are on a nonstop hype train!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Don't worry Hades, we'll rerate you. You are quite overrated in both departments anyways. You should have a -100 in chance and want. We'll fix things up, no need to fret.
:troll:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Speak for yourself. It's not a secret to me!

You heard the god Groose. Postpone tomorrow in favor of a Hades re-rate. Unless you are prepared to be hit by a chariot again, that is...

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose's Three Favorite Days

3. Day 14: Paper Mario

Ironically enough, I hated this day as it unfolded. When it was announced that this game was going to close, Xenoblaze and I worked together to try to keep things going. Even though we divided the work, the update still took forever; I had no way of efficiently tallying the nominations or calculating the scores like I figured out a week or so later, and Xenoblaze and I had to wait for each other to respond to PMs. I ended up going to bed really late without any Animal Crossing that night, and I was pretty darn crabby the next day. I initially viewed running this game as something that could only happen until school started up again in September, but I decided to keep going... and I still got valedictorian.

Yet, looking back, this day was great. I learned how to kept things running and also the importance of efficiency. Additionally, it got me really tied to the Smash Speculative Scene and Community. I've logged in every day since July of last year, and this game has been the driving force for that. I guess you can say that this day has had far more of a positive effect on me than any other, so it has to be on here somewhere.

2. Day 83: Phoenix Wright
It's no secret that I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan. It's behind only Smash and Zelda in terms of my favorite franchises of all time. So, rating Phoenix was definitely going to be a blast no matter what... and how we went about it really sealed the deal. I created the first of my signature "Trial Posts," and it actually kind of caught on. I've improved tons since then, and a lot of people have become at least as good as me at them (I'm looking at @lonekonwolf and @legendofrob1 here), but this is the day where we all started going ham with them.

It's actually a bit of a shame, though--I switched to a Mac a few months back, and the posts are a lot harder to do on one of these. They take roughly twice to three times as long as they did on a PC, so I can only pull them out now for very, very special cases. Say, with school essentially done for the year and a big E3 coming up... couldn't that be considered one? Heh... heh...

1. Day 114: Hades
I know just one day by its number--Hades' first rating is Day 114. This day was simply the most enjoyable by far. When Hades was coming up on the nominations list, I tossed about the idea of pretending I was Hades and speaking from his point-of-view for the day. When I discussed this plan with a certain Kid Icarus fan (who will remain nameless!), he decided to do my dirty work for me, and even moved to create an account just for the cause. Although he is and remains Hades, I will admit this--I do have some creative input about what Hades says. And helping to write some of the stuff on Hades' day in particular was great, as was seeing an invasion of other Kid Icarus characters. This day actually turned Hades from someone who I liked. but didn't really want in Smash, into one of my most wanted newcomers.

Oh, and the fact that this day took place the day ended with the reveal of Rosalina is also an awesome plus. We were so hyped throughout the entire day for something new, and we got it. Also, talking about Hades was a good way to channel hype into some good, time-wasting fun. Hades' day was our pre-Direct review back then.

EDIT: Oh, and an honorable mention to Day 202. It was so great to see Pac-Man emerge triumphant and to see the people rallying behind him. James' story was great.

DAY OVER

THIS TRAIN IS UNSTOPPABLE!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Top Three Days

1. Hades (Day 114)
2. Palutena and Ridley (Day 199)
3. Tie: Overall Direct Satisfaction (Day 195) and Sceptile and Blaziken (Day 218)

Our winner shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone--Hades the Magnificent's first appearance is still hailed as, well, magnificent. Although with each appearance he loses some of his original magic, his first day will live in infamy. Our second-place finisher was the Palutena and Ridley fest at the conclusion of the Direct--I believe @SchAlternate has an amazing picture that sums it up; unfortunately, I couldn't find it. Finally, our final spot is a tie between the aftermath of the Direct and the aftermath of Hoenn Confirmed--and both of them really brought the hype. Finally, the days with Phoenix Wright cases were also popular, but their nominations were all either honorable mentions or not specific.
[collapse=Tallies]
x7 Hades (114)
x5 Palutena and Ridley (199)
x4 Overall Direct Satisfaction (195)
x4 Sceptile and Blaziken (218)
x3 Yarne/Owain and Saki (142)
x2 Little Mac Satisfaction (153)
x2 Gematsu Leak and Savvy Stylist (224)
x2 Post-Direct Newcomer Satisfaction
x2 Anna and Slime (226)
x2 Pac-Man and Mii (202)
x2 Dark Pit and Toad (138)
x2 Reggie (feat. Hades)
x2 Paper Mario (14)
x2 Phoenix Wright (83)
Sheriff and Shulk (174)
Chrom and Robin (204)
Marshal and Chibi-Robo (217)
Mewtwo and Shulk (207)
Most Hype and Most Deflating (240)
Chancellor Cole (85)
Rosalina and Waddle Dee (99)
Louie and Takamaru (164)
Kid Icarus Codecs and Overhauled Wario (219)
Scrooge McDuck (133)
First Toad Rating (26)
First Slime Rating
Lupus
Micaiah
Spyro
Happy Mask Salesman
Waddle Dee
Ridley and Root
Greninja Satisfaction
First Palutena Day After Leak
OP Character
[/collapse]

Today we're shifting away from RTC once again and talking about the upcoming game in general. What five characters do you feel have the best chance of getting in? What five characters do you want the most? This will be interesting--will our results correspond to our top ten charts? Anyway, here is the schedule of what we have left. We're past the halfway mark!

Pre-E3 Schedule
Tuesday into Wednesday: Most Overrated, Most Underrated, and Most Accurate
Wednesday into Thursday: Most Hyping and Most Deflating Moments
Thursday into Friday: Three Favorite Days on RTC

Friday into Saturday: Top Five Most Likely and Top Five Most Wanted
Sunday into Monday: Overall Satisfaction and E3 Hype Rating
Monday-Tuesday: Predictions and Confessions

Also, just noticed that favourite's spelt correctly in the thread title! Have you always spelt things properly Groose? Have I just not noticed?
I grew up importing novels from the UK and Australia because I couldn't wait a year for them to get localized. I also played Runescape, a text-heavy, British MMO. I generally find the British spelling for most words a bit more natural, and slip into it when I'm tired. Ironically, though, since my experience with non-American writing is almost exclusively fantasy stuff, I find your spelling of tire ("tyre?") extremely odd whenever I do see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom