• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Seven Pokemon
Want: 30%
Chance: 15%

Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff would be a perfect six-Pokemon roster. Jigglypuff is essentially family to Smash Bros despite being a low priority character in Brawl, and Mewtwo has seen a ridiculous amount of promotional content these past few years. I also believe that this line up will serve as a perfect telling of a trainer's journey through X and Y.

You begin your adventure in the Kalos region with your starter, Froakie. Along the way you are able to obtain a Pikachu early on in the game, and not toon long after you obtain a Charmander from Professor Oak. Soon after you battle Korrina with her Lucario to test your worthiness of possessing the Mega Ring as well as catching a Pokemon of the newest type (Fairy), Jigglypuff. After obtaining Charizardite X and defeating the E4, you eventually encounter Mewtwo, holding Mewtwonite Y, as sort of an end-game boss. And with this your final six party team is complete.

Dr. Eggman
Want: 0%
Chance: 1%

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I also believe that this line up will serve as a perfect telling of a trainer's journey through X and Y.

You begin your adventure in the Kalos region with your starter, Froakie. Along the way you are able to obtain a Pikachu early on in the game, and not toon long after you obtain a Charmander from Professor Oak. Soon after you battle Korrina with her Lucario to test your worthiness of possessing the Mega Ring as well as catching a Pokemon of the newest type (Fairy), Jigglypuff. After obtaining Charizardite X and defeating the E4, you eventually encounter Mewtwo, holding Mewtwonite Y, as sort of an end-game boss. And with this your final six party team is complete.
And then you pick up a brand new copy of Omega Ruby because you're sick of X/Y and filled with the glorious trumpets of the Holy Hype. Pick Treecko as your starter because just look em. He has no f***s to possibly give for anyone's b******* who may cross your path, but he's also obviously a pokebro. Besides, you want to see that kick a** new mega evolution of his, and who wants a flaming chicken or wooper's cousin as a starter? Not anyone who gets laid or has swag, that's who.

#Swagtile

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
^This stage makes me really happy and has convinced me to get NSMBU as my free Club Nintendo game (I already have Pikmin 3 and The Wind Waker HD, so was considering selling my code to a friend for half price, but the stage and its transformation look so pleasant).

What role does our newest deconfirmation, Kamek, play in the game?

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
OH man, I've been gone for a while. I blame Mario Kart, that thing has simply phenomenal online and the tracks are fantastic. So much fun.

But um, ratings, yes ...

Seven Pokemon
Chances - 14%
I think it's fairly possible given so far we get two pokemon newcomers each game. However, I think Mewtwo will be pretty much given newcomer treatment and get revamped a lot, so because of that I have a doubt that we may actually see this happen. As for the seventh pokemon, I feel it'd definitely be Blaziken or Sceptile, ideally Sceptile since that way we don't have so much fire going on.

Want - 100%
Yea, I kind of would really like this, given I tend to wind up with Pokemon characters. I'm pretty dang satisfied with Greninja already, but Sceptile would bring my hype to critical levels.

Eggman
Chance - 0%
IF a second Sonic rep happened (why not? Not too wild given Sega/Nintendo relations now) it would most definitely and undoubtedly be Tails. That + Third party means the egg has no chance.

Want - 1%
Meh, I'd prefer Tails

Predictions
PraMai - 3.4%
Lol, really?
OP Character - 84%
Speed + Power + OHKO? Little Mac says hello
Spectator Mode - 63%
Mario Kart is running with the idea of sharing video. Don't see why Smash wouldn't do the same, particularly now we know they're really catering to competitive players in some ways.

Nominations
um ... I ... E3 is in a week, I can't possibly nominate anything sensible and expect a rating anymore.
Let's see
x5 Smash Bros. 3DS XL with digital copy of the game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kamek was disconfirmed with a 3.19% chance and a 33.63% want.
We're a week away before E3 and we already got a disconfirmation. That isn't a good omen.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm starting to get the feeling Sakurai doesn't really like witch-esque characters.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I wanted Kamek as an AT, but I actually think this is better.... Still, sorry to all her supporters!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I wanted Kamek as an AT, but I actually think this is better.... Still, sorry to all her supporters!
*his

Seven Pokemon

Not impossible, but improbable. I could see it, but only if Smash 4 has a bigger roster than we're expecting.

Want:
100%
Pokemon is life, Pokemon is love.

Dr. Eggman
Chance: 5%
I don't see it happening.

Want: 67%
Just above indifference, I love Sonic the Hedgehog, and Eggman love is obligatory. But Eggman in Smash won't happen for a while.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hi. It's been forever.

YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IN YOUR PARTY!
Likelihood: 20% - I think we'll not be getting any more than 6 Pokemons (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Charizard, Greninja), but with the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, we might be getting Sceptile. Emphasis on might.
Want: 100% - I'd be pleased enough if Mewtwo and Jigglypuff return as well, but HOT DAMN I'll be joyous if Sceptile enters as well. He's pretty much the only possible newcomer from Pokemon at this point (Genesect? Who's that?).

The Walrus
Likelihood: 7% - Will not happen at this point in time. We need to wait a little bit before that happens.
Want: PINGAS% - I dunno, he's cool and all, but I think Smash is not yet ready for more Sonic characters.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Seven Pokémon
65% Chance
100% Want
Simply Put, Mewtwo and Jiggs are locks, 50% Chance of Sceptile, 10% Chance of Genesect, and 5% Other.

Eggman
1% Chance
100% Want
He could be a cool mech character, would be the next best Sonic Rep imo.

Groose

Smash Champion
@andimidna: Veteran Satisfaction is something I really, really, really want to make a day out of. There is one major problem with that, though--doing that for over a dozen characters would take hours to calculate; also, I think it would be best if we spread it out over a few days or the options would be overwhelming. Maybe we can have something like that as a pre-launch review, but I just can't cram it into the pre-E3 one. Good suggestion, so I'm sorry I have to strike it down.

@ Groose Groose a suggestion, we should do a satisfaction rating and hype for E3 rating for everything revealed so far. Like, all the PotD's, the directs, the characters, graphics, stages, modes, etc.

For example:

Overall satisfaction: 60%
E3 Hype Rating: 80%

I like what has been revealed thus far, although I am somewhat disappointed that certain characters have not been revealed. However, this excites me for E3 because there is a possibility that Palutena will be revealed as well.

Thoughts?
Sounds pretty dang good to me. I can plug it in and will do so unless someone objects.

This week is a perfect example of something I try to stress, by the way--you guys run this game, and I just help facilitate it. You got any ideas? Send them in, and we'll all roll with it if it's pretty sensical.
Pre-E3 Suggestion: How accurate do you think our scores are on RTC (for unrevealed characters).
I was planning on having another "Most Overrated and Most Underrated Day," and I planned on tossing in "Most Accurate Rating" on that day for good measure. Would this be good, as it is similar in nature to what you're suggestion? I think what you're suggesting may be pretty hard to calculate on a percentage scale; if we did it, would we do it on a scale of 1 (we never know what we're talking about) to 10 (we know exactly what we're doing)?

As for the Competitively OP Concept, I will indeed introduce that better tonight than I did on Saturday evening.
Seven Pokemon and Dr. Eggman have been added to the Directory.
  1. Overrated and Underrated: Our ratings aren't perfect by any means. While we re-rated a ton of characters after the Direct, I bet that we botched some characters or concepts along the way. Though, I am not a fan of re-rating the most overrated and underrated character/concept after E3.
  2. Most Hyping and Dehyping: I want to reminisce about this again. With the Direct out of the way, several disconfirmations, the Gematsu leak, Ike returning, and more, I want to return to this great day.
  3. Favorite Three Days: I'm sad that we didn't do this before the Direct. I want to know what our favorite three days were in terms of the game. Was it actions of other users that made you love that day? Or perhaps you liked it because of a post you made?
  4. Top 5 Most Likely & Most Wanted: This is something that I just thought of. I want to think... what are the 5 most likely characters that you think will get in Smash? Who are your five most wanted characters as well? That is something that I am curious about. Confirmed characters count for the wanted list rather than the expected list.
This is all that I can think of at the moment.
1 and 2 are locks. 3 is pretty darn likely; I would have done it before the Direct, too, but we ran out of time because it was announced with only a few day's notice. 4 is something that I'd like to do, but it'll be low-priority, and we may not get to it. I'd say you'll be pretty satisfied by this week, then!
Spectator mode was a mode in Brawl that allowed you to watch and bet on matches online.

It was a neat little bonus.
My friends and I played it more than we did the actual online mode (though far less than local matches, of course). It really satisfied my gambling fix.
E3 Hype suggestion: Over 50% of the RTC top 10 being playable in the game.
I'll try to fit it in.
Ah, now I feel like an idiot. :laugh:
Ah, don't worry! These boards are pretty complicated compared to some of the other forums out there, but when you get the hang of them, they really let you do a lot of cool stuff. Say, you've never seen one of my Ace Attorney posts, have you...?

...onto the ratings...

Seven Pokemon Characters: 12% Chance and Abstaining from Want
Six looks like the sweet spot for Pokemon characters this time around; I'd give it a 66% chance. I really think the game will get both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, but no other. I guess I can see only five characters, too, and I'll give it a 22%. But seeing a whopping seven? That's stretching it, methinks.

With regards to want, I'd say it would probably be pretty high if I were forced to estimate. I want Jiggs and Mewtwo back, and I would be thrilled by Blaziken and Sceptile (the two other likely candidates for the job in my eyes). Still, I really can't give something concrete unless if I know which characters would be selected for sure.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik: 1% chance and 100% want
I love the old Egghead. Sonic is a treasured part of my childhood, and Eggman was (bar Knuckles and perhaps Sonic) my favorite character in the franchise. I'd be thrilled to see him in; he'd be a great shock character. Unfortunately, this is a case of competition and movepool working against a character.

I view Shadow as the most likely Sonic character. Whether you guys like it or not, he is popular. Additionally, he shares a similar body shape to Sonic, so he'd make a fairly-easy semi-clone. I'd give him a 5% chance. Tails is the other Sonic character that I could really see; he's popular, too, and he has the importance card. I'd give him a 4%. I just doubt Eggman would be picked over one of those two, so his score suffers. By the way, my want scores or the others would be 25% for Tails and 75% for Shadow; I've become a lot more accepting of a second Sonic character lately kthanxby.

x5 Palutena Riding on Ridley's Back
...best concept ever...
Yes, this is the only nomination I'll ever give it.

DAY OVER

I AM THE EGGMAN!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Demo Satisfaction sounds pretty rad. I'd do it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was planning on having another "Most Overrated and Most Underrated Day," and I planned on tossing in "Most Accurate Rating" on that day for good measure. Would this be good, as it is similar in nature to what you're suggestion? I think what you're suggesting may be pretty hard to calculate on a percentage scale; if we did it, would we do it on a scale of 1 (we never know what we're talking about) to 10 (we know exactly what we're doing)?
I still think the most accurate rating is that of the Gematsu leak.

x5 Palutena Riding on Ridley's Back
...best concept ever...
Yes, this is the only nomination I'll ever give it.
...I would prefer not to waste days rating concepts we all know will ultimately never happen... But I suppose people do enjoy this sort of thing...

Groose

Smash Champion
Seven Pokemon
17.70% chance
53.16% want

Although this combination may make Professor Oak pull his hair out even more than a family reunion (just think of all of the names he forgets!), it still proved to be pretty popular in the grand scheme of things.
Dr. Robotnik
1.63% chance
28.42% want

I am the Eggman! That is who I am! I am the Eggman! I've got the master plan! I am the Eggman! You want me gone! I am the Eggman! That ends my song! In my defense, I've always been horrible at music, and these lyrics are actually good for me.

Today we have three things to talk about. The first is Spectator Mode. Brawl had a Wi-Fi mode where you could watch other people's matches and gamble coins on the outcome; winning could net trophies and stickers. Will it return? Also, we're going to discuss the competitive scene. It's no secret that Meta Knight was overpowered (let's not turn this into a debate on whether or not he was truly broken, but please acknowledge his is overpowered). Will this title see a character as great in the competitive scene as Meta Knight? Finally, we have a classic character rating; the duo of Plusle and Minun want in. Do you think it'll happen? Please rate Spectator Mode, Competitively OP Character, and Plusle/Minun in chance and want.

The nominations haven't been updated yet since there will be no predictions today. There are also no more nominations until after E3, other than what you submitted yesterday. Tomorrow will be the start of the E3 Week; I'll try to make a schedule by tomorrow's update so we know what will happen.

...I would prefer not to waste days rating concepts we all know will ultimately never happen... But I suppose people do enjoy this sort of thing...
As I said, I will not give it any more nominations. Also, it is plausible that we'll purge the nominations list after E3, in which case it will be dropped off of the list. As a matter of fact, I don't think I'll ever add it to the list in the first place. I mostly "nominated" it just to see how everyone would react to it.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Spectator mode:
Chance: 98%
Why would this be cut?
Want: 100%
One of my favorite brawl modes.

Meta Knight 2.0
Chance: 95%
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina: At least in casual play, Gravity pull will be absolutely broken.
Want: Abstain

Plusle + Minun:
Chance: 5%
So if sceptile is automatically the 3rd gen rep, why wasn't he planned for brawl instead of them?
Want: 65%
I really like these two. Still, I'm not a fan of duo characters...

Hype Level: 999%

D

Deleted member

Spectator Mode, Competitively OP Character, and Plusle & Minun have been added to the Directory.

Spectator Mode
Chance:
50%

I can see this return and be expanded upon in the next game. However, I am going to give it 50/50 right now as I can see them bring it back and improve it... and yet at the same time not.
I can't add anything else.
I loved Spectator Mode. I love placing bets on random fighters as I am on my laptop. It was not only interesting at times, but it provided me a way to get Coins quickly and have me get some Stickers effortlessly (without the Sticker and CD Factories that is). I REALLY want this to be preserved if we have Stickers return.

Competitively OP Character
Chance:
95%

I know that Namco is balancing the game to death, but I bet that there is that one character that will slip through the cracks and become the next 64 Pikachu, Melee Fox, and Brawl Meta Knight.
Balancing 40+ characters is a hard thing to accomplish and I bet that there will be some oversights along the way.
You know what I rather have? I rather that we get balance by making every character overpowered... like Brawl Minus did.

Plusle & Minun
Chance: 1%

Purely for the Forbidden 7 theory. I can see Sakurai originally put them in as a fighter as a way to preserve Pichu and to represent Gen III. Now... times have passed and changed.
Considering the fact that Pokemon is a massive series to begin with and it has a ton of competitors, I doubt Sakurai will shine them through. Although they would be a two-in-one clone character, they could end up being a nightmare for Sakurai. He already mentioned about how much of a tough time he has implementing the Ice Climbers on the 3DS... I doubt that he would want to do that again for two Pikachu clones.
Again, the series that they come from is filled with competitors. I expect them to be outcompeted from the likes of Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and even Blaziken and Sceptile.
Waste of time development and a slot if they got in.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Spectator Mode:
Chance: 95% - I don't see why it wouldn't come back
Want: 50% - I wouldn't use it.

OP Character:
Chance: 45% - Namco can balance better than Sakurai can
Want: 0% - I hate OP characters, mainly since my fave never is the OP one

Plusle and Minun
Chance: 10% - No not because of the forbidden ones, but because of the 3rd gen remakes, and they were the true staple to the double battle in the 3rd gen games. They play a decently sized role.
Want: 80% - I wouldn't mind having them at all (as long as Mewtwo and Jiggs comeback)

D

Deleted member

Spectator Mode

Chance: 70%

Spectator Mode was already in Brawl, so why remove it? It reminds me of how Capcom chose not to include one in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 even though it was previously included in the HD port of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, so I won't get my hopes up.

Want: It depends on how it works. If it works like Brawl's spectator mode, then I'm indifferent (50%). If the game has eight-player lobbies (I know it's unlikely), then I would hate to bore myself while waiting (100%).

Overpowered Character

Chance: 99%

I can't think of a single fighting game that's perfectly balanced. At least one character will be somewhat overpowered.

Just no.

Plusle + Minun

Abstain

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post will not be updated until after we can nominate again. I'll keep track, though.

Spectator Mode: 80% - I think it's likely to return.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

OP Character: 90% - This will probably happen too.
Want: 0% - How about no.

+ - Chance: 0.5% - I was going to just give these two double zeroes, but the forbidden seven theory makes me not completely rule them out. Still, with a newcomer already confirmed, Jiggs and Mewtwo wanting to return, and more popular Gen III choices like Blaziken and Sceptile, I doubt they'll even be considered.
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
spectator mode - 95%
why would it be cut? the only reason I can see is because is for extra tweaking or balancing, but I find that they've already done that
want - 100%
I like to watch matches, its pretty entertaing (and much better than watching cpu's fight) also with the gambling featured added into it felt like icing
over powered character - 40%
like I said before i'm basing my rating on an brawl metaknight or 64 Pikachu, a character that generally feels he has no counter picks and can generally wipe the floor with any other character by character alone,
with Namco helping out that brings some hope to that field, there definitely be some characters that'll have few counters or weakness (Rosalina seems to be one) but I got some faith that there will not be a character that can break the game, just by picking him/her
want - 0%
who would want this?
plusle & Minun - 0.1%
not much, all they are going off of is a theory of them being part of the forbidden 7, it isn't even confirmed for them to be part of it, along with being speculated to be spiritual successors to pichu (a clone), part of gen 3 with has more front line characters, and being a duo character which would stress sakurai more. makes them practically impossible
want - 5%
just for a duo pichu, think its a neat idea, but i'll pass

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Spectator Mode - 80%

One of Brawl's online features, it has no reason to be left out.

Want - 90%

I loved the feature in Brawl, but if it didn't return I wouldn't mourn for too long.

Overpowered Character - 30%

Depends on how exactly broken we're talking about. I'm confident we won't get another character around Meta Knight's level of power, but there will probably be one character that is at least somewhat overpowered to an extent.

Want - 0%

Please no.

Plusle and Minun - 0.1%

Yeah....they weren't planned for Brawl, (though I did admittedly deny it for a while, eventually I realized that was not the case) and aren't requested enough either. I'll give them a 0.1% seeing as they're at least eligible.

Want - 85%

These are two of my favorite Pokemon, and I think they would be incredibly fun to play as. Perhaps they be a tad bit like Pichu, but Luigi-fied, with some moves of their own. I could even see one of them focusing on attack power while the other focuses on knockback.

Nevertheless, I would not accept them in Smash if Jigglypuff did not return, nor would I fully accept them if Mewtwo missed out again either.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Spectator Mode
Chance 100% - sure, I imagine it would be greatly improved too. How hard would it be to implement it anyway
Want 100% - I never used it in Brawl but I like the idea.

-Overpowered character
Chance 30% - I think they're pretty much aware of the status Meta Knight had in the competitive scene and since Sakurai is always so keen on fine-tuning the balance aspect of the game I think he'd try the hardest to avoid it. There's always going to be that character though but I think it won't be as broken as MK was.
Want 0% - not even with my main, no.

Plusle + Minun
Chance 0% - how are these two even relevant? I'm aware of the page cache or whatever, that 'pra & mai' but it sounds like pure baloney.
Want 0% - super cute, adorable, etc but I fear they would be too gimmicky, too much of a clone. No thanks.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Spectator Mode
Chance: 75%, idk
Want: 50%, idc

OP Character
I didn't want to rate too high since there's a bunch of talk of character balance from the development team and Namco seems competent. However:
1. Little Mac
2. Zero Suit Samus- In the direct, Sakurai says "ZSS was designed with slightly less physical strength, so I thought we needed to find ways to toughen her up. That's why we've given her a pair of jet boots and moves to work with them. What used to be a weakness now results in this: Kicks that combine both power and speed."
tl;dr: ZSS was high tier in Brawl and is getting better in Smash 4

Plusle/Minun
Chance: 2% They only exist to promote double battles in Pokemon. We now have triple battles. Still, they are one of the Gen III remake Pokemon getting Mega Evos (it was trademarked and planned) and that forbidden seven stuff.
Want: 2.5%, I'd pretty upset about it at first, but I'd get over it after a few years.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Spectator Mode: Abstain
I really don't care, to the point I'm not interested in researching it XD

OP Character
Chance: 100%
No game is perfect. There will always be some characters that are better then others, they get balanced, and then players will find new ways to abuse new characters. It's an endless cycle.
Is this even a question?

Plusle Minun
Chance: 0%
First off, we have no concrete proof that they were planned to be in Brawl. Not that that matters, they don't have a chance regardless.

First they've got to get past Jiggs and Mewtwo, 2 veterans who are almost definitely coming back. Then they have to get past potential newcomers, like Blaziken and Sceptile, who better represent the 3rd gen then they do. Then there's a slew of characters from Pokemon they have to get past, Genesect, Gengar, Pichu, Zoroark, Nurse Joy, Youngster Joey, that one NPC from that one place...

I would want any of those characters I just listed more then 2 Pikachu's in one.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Spectator Mode Likelihood: 80%
Want: 80%

OP Character Likelihood: 5.5%

Plusle and Minun Likelihood: .5%
Want: 5%

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
spectator mode:
Chances: 75% you'd think its a simple enough concept to not take too much time to program into the game
Want: 90% im not going to be butt hurt if it isn't included but id like to have the option

OP character:
Chance: 95% I would be surprised if they balanced the characters perfectly
Want: 0% that should be straight forward

plusle and minun:
Chances: 1% just no, pokemon has more deserving reps
Want: 0% no, you dont advertise pokemon with pikachu+ice climber mergers

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Spectacular mode:

Chances: 80%
I don't see why they would... That's all I have to say.

Want: 75%

It sounds pretty cool. I don't give it a 100% because, well, I'm probably not going to use it very much.

OP character:

Chances: 35%

I believe there will be someone who tops everyone else in tiers, but no outright OP ones. Sakurai actually seems to know that the past Smash's haven't been balanced and is trying to avoid an unbalanced roster. We can see this with how little characters have been changed (apart from a selective few) and minimal physics changes. This Smash seems to be given a lot of thought in balancing this time around. Sakurai has even talked about balancing late last year.

Here's a link - http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/3...ing-characters-in-super-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u/

However,there are some things I'm not particularly sure are very balanced and have a high possibility to be OP. I, by no means, know much of Smash so if you think one of my points are wrong, tell me. Until recently, I still thought Ike was OP... please don't kill me. I'm doing my best to make sure I don't fall into that scenario again. And lastly, these may not actually be bad in the final game, right now we can only guess.
  • Zero Suit Samus was high tier and now she's being buffed
  • Rosalina's 'gravitational pull'
  • Lucario aura attacks
  • Diddy Kong's longer range
  • Little Mac's super armour
Honestly, I think there's a larger chance of a UNDER powered character instead (Link, Samus, Yoshi, etc).

Oh god no! :cry:

Plusle and Minun:

Chance: 10%

With Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire on the horizon, they do have a chance.

Want: 5%

They are nowhere near my most wanted pokes.

Nominations: Bandana Dee clone-semiclone newcomers x 5

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Spectator Mode - 75%
Considering Brawl had this and SSB4 should be improving the online feature set, it stands to reason that Spectator Mode will return in some capacity. Now, I do think there is a strong chance it will end up different from how it used to considering we don't know if ideas like coins or stickers will be included again, and there is a solid chance it's left on the table in favor of really making sure the online plays as well as everyone wants it to. Would certainly be a surprise if it was excluded, but it really comes down to whether they're willing to devote the development resources to it.
Want - 75% - Would I like to be able to spectate games my friends are in? Absolutely. Do I want the random, gambling-based mode from Brawl to return? Not especially. Really depends on what kind of spectator features we might actually get how much I'll care about it.

Competitively Overpowered Character - 90%
This depends strongly on how you define "overpowered", because you don't have to be Meta Knight-level ridiculous to clearly be the best character in a game, but from my perspective it's far more likely than not simply because it happens so often in fighting games, especially as rosters get larger. Characters like Sagat in vanilla SF4, Yun in SSF4AE, Phoenix in MvC3, and Meta Knight in Brawl aren't exactly unusual because it's so difficult to achieve strong balance in a fighting game; look at most any modern fighting game with a competitive scene and there's bound to be some top tier character (or characters) that make everyone else look weak by comparison. To that end, yeah, I totally expect someone is going to be bonkers in SSB4, especially given that the game is looking to have some 45-50 characters. Might take a while to find out who exactly that is, and that definition might even change over time as the competitive scene evolves, but I'd be surprised if we ended up with a game that's balanced enough where there are no significant outliers, both overpowered or underpowered.
Want - 0% - I can't honestly say I want an OP character, though such characters rarely impede my enjoyment of a given fighting game and are to some degree an expectation.

Plusle and Minun - 0%
Being part of the Forbidden Seven should theoretically help any characters chances, and yet I don't think anyone is expecting Toon Sheik to somehow make it with transformations out of the picture. Plusle and Minun suffer a similar fate: although it could be argued they could represent the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, it's very notable that the Ice Climbers have yet to be revealed, another team character in Chorus Men is rumored, Pokemon has already gotten a different newcomer, and the franchise has four other veterans with unknown fates. Even if the Gematsu leak proves false and multiple Pokemon veterans fail to make the cut, it's difficult to see how Plusle and Minun would manage to return at this point considering they've already failed to make it once and there has been no significant evidence that they might make suddenly make a comeback. Close enough to an impossibility for me to call it a zero.
Want - 0% - With transforms out, Ice Climbers is the only team character this game needs in my opinion.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Spectator Mode
Chance - 80%
I think it's fairly likely this is one of the modes that might get a revamp. Mario Kart TV proves what can be done (including the whole record instantly and put up on youtube) so something like spectator mode seems like a given and something the competitive scene might expect improved in some way or other for our benefit.
That said, not every mode from Brawl should return, and as a result I wouldn't mind if they ditched this idea in order to focus more on Global Smash Power as well as For Fun/For Glory lobbies. This is definitely not a priority. So I feel there is a solid chance (20%) that this mode go the way of other random Brawl additions that were ultimately useless like the masterpieces section and the coin launcher.

Want - 100%
With a better online, I'd definitely enjoy leaving this mode on and enjoying smash matches. It's also really handy to see how other players are handling the mechanics and characters, and if you're able to pick the sort of matches you want to see (Players of a certain GSP, or only For Glory players with a certain amount of victories) then it will be a great way to learn.

OP character
Chance - 60%
I think it ultimately depends on what you mean by OP. Because for example, Melee does have Fox at the top, but frankly it's not like it's impossible for a competitive non-fox player to defeat a Fox one. In that sense Melee wasn't too horrifically inbalanced; it's definitely not a Meta Knight situation. So I do think that Sakurai, if focused enough to keep things balanced and with help from Bandai Namco, is capable of delivering a more balanced game.
That said, it's still a bit more likely than an even odd due to it ultimately being a fighting game, and I already have fears about stuff like the KO punch being OP. And I'm sure at first people will definitely call some characters OP since they will definitely have their meta game develop much faster.

Want - 0%
I like to be able to use the characters I love without having to worry about being useless in a fight.

PraMai
Chance - 0%
People still expect this? Ugh, definitely not happening. Pichu is more likely, and even then that's pushing it.

Want - 0%
Why anyone would want this is beyond me.

Prediction
I predict E3 will be awesome and hype tears will be shed.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
chance-Abstain everything

Spectator want 50%
OP character want 0%
Pluse and Minun want: 10%

x5 Birdo

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'd be fine with a most accurate rating day.

Spectator Mode: 85%

Competitively Overpowered Character: 2.5% They are working more on balance, so I have faith. (Although, they ranked Meta Knight 6/10 in the official guide.)
Want: 0% I am a competitive player, and I had to quit Brawl early because I wanted the ability to win with someone besides him, the Ice Climbers, Olimar, and Diddy Kong.

Plusle & Minun: 1% They may have been the chosen rep for gen 3 in Brawl, but now we have two starters and we need Sceptile to be the third and the gen 3 rep. Heck, we most likely won't even get that.
Want: 0% I want my Brawl + Mewtwo (+ Greninja - Squirtle - Ivysaur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom