• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What exactly do you mean? I usually just grab pics off of Google Images for a day, and then remove them as soon as the day ends. If you're asking me to archive them, I'm afraid that's just not feasible; I've lost all past photos, and I'd prefer to avoid mass hotlinking as much as possible.
Firstly, sorry for the late answer.

Secondly, I think it would have been a good idea to reput the images you used for characters' presentation on the first page, because, for example, I'm now researching the Diddy's clapping-hand taunt gif you used at Impa's day really badly.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Micaiah: Abstain
I don't follow Fire Emblem, because I've always been terrible at strategy games. Plus, my brother is a big Advance Wars fan, so there's that.
Demoted Veteran:
I'm going to give two chances for this:
Appearing as sticker or trophy: 100% This happenned in Brawl, why would that change?
Appearing on a stage: 50% Squirtle might be a pokeball.
Want: 75% Some recognition is good, but it would make people unhappy if this happens too many times.

Predictions:
Slime: 3.2%
Anna: 7.1%

Nominations:
Dr. Lobe x5 (Not using my extra noms yet)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Demoted Veteran

Chance - 97.5% - If a veteran does not make it into the playable roster, it's pretty much guaranteed in my eyes that they would get at least something back next time.

Want - 90% - If it's the only way a cut character can come back, it'll at least show they haven't forgoten him.

Micaiah

Chance - 3% - I'm noticing I typically don't change my old votes on re-rates. This is no different. Go laziness, yay, I guess? Well, it's not like her situation is different or anything.

Want - 35% - This changes even less than chance! When you have a perfect attendance ratting, you kind of get tired of recycling what you already said.

Preconditions

Blue Slime - 3.75% - Whittled away a bit more.

Anna - 9.72% - More interested in seeing how people view her rather than the ratting.

Nominations

DK Silhouette Stage X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Firstly, sorry for the late answer.

Secondly, I think it would have been a good idea to reput the images you used for characters' presentation on the first page, because, for example, I'm now researching the Diddy's clapping-hand taunt gif you used at Impa's day really badly.
Understood. I still do not want to take up several posts with links to pictures, but if you ever want to see an image that I used before, just ask. I'm excellent at memorizing the most useless stuff; I'm confident that I can find it for you in a flash. Here is the one with Diddy; if you want anymore, just let me know!

Diddy Clap GIF

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Demoted Veteran:
Chance as a collectable: 100%
Chance as a AT or hazard: 28%
Demoted vets will get a trophy for sure, but I don't think the chance of being a AT or a hazard may be good, unless it's squirtle and Ivysaur who dont have a high chance, but a good enough chance.
Want as a collectable: 100%
Want as a At or hazard: 5%
I don't count being a trophy as a demotion, but putting them there as a npc, I'm just not fond of that.

Micaiah
Chance: 7%
With all of the other characters possible for smash, she's kinda low on the list.
Want: 35%
If Fire emblem in SSB4 had all of there veterans from melee and brawl, I actually wouldn't care if she got on the roster, but since that probably not the case my want is lower.

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh god...the OP says Ghirahim, Bowser Jr. and Chibi-Robo are more likely than Bandana Dee.
I feel sick.
Keep in mind--our scores are the consensus of the community. They are an average of the beliefs of over forty different people...though you may see Bandana Dee as the most likely of the four, there were always be those who disagree.

Demoted Veteran: Abstain
For some reason, I just can't make up my mind on this one.

Micaiah Chance: 0.01%
Awakening.
Awakening.
Awakening.
I think there's a pretty solid chance that Ike winds up on the chopping block, and I would be outright flabbergasted if we see a newcomer from one of his titles.

Micaiah Want: 0%
I apologize to those who disagree with me, but no Fire Emblem character excites me at this point in time. Seeing one playable may change my mind, but as of right now I have no desire.

Mr. Resetti x5
NOW SCRAM!

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
demoted veteran - 99.99%
this is bound to happen, even if no cuts are made and Squirtle and ivysaur somehow make it back, sakurai is going to put Pokémon trainer somewhere (heck he was on the front of the box, they are going to do something with him now)
want (if its an trophy or music) - 100%
if someone gets cut, I don't want their place to be forgotten, I want something form to come back to remind us.
want (if its an assist or hazard) - 0%
this would be an insult, literally,
thankfully I find it very unlikely to happen which is the reason why its not italic
micaiah - 0%
I've sated earlier on chrom and robins day that the only ones who stand any chance are those two, Lucina, roy, and anna, everyone else gets an zero.
there are two major points that factor to the fire emblem reps,
1. IS, similar how to gamefreak wanted to promote pokemon X&Y, IS would want to do the same to fire emblem awakening, as such that practically makes anyone that is in the game a contender which is chrom, robin, Lucina, and anna
chrom and robin (and slightly Lucina but I would explain later why she doesn't gain a boost) are the main people who get shown off in awakening, more so chrom than every one else, so he will most likely be chosen and gets an boost.
2. sakurai him self and he choice of uniqueness, while minor compared to the first point it still matters, which makes robin an bigger competitor compared to others and why Lucina doesn't really have much of a foot hold (being so similar to marth)
roy is only consider because he is a veteran with some noticeable fan demand, that alone is enough to make him considered. but compared to the others and IS having a strong word in the choice makes him pretty unlikely
anna has a different kind of sword play compared to the traditional we've seen and has some much stronger history with the franchise compared to others, something sakurai at minimum might choose, but doubtful.
micaiah however is from a past game, one where she isn't the only protagonist (she shares it with ike), she has uniqueness but robin can pretty muchly do similar (while different ascetics) while offering swordplay too, and even the character she is reliaing on, ike has doubt he may get replaced to move room over for the next generation of fire emblem
her only chance is if IS has absolutely no interest for adding a character, and that sakurai chose her over robin, both which I find impossible to happen at the same time.
I hope I showed that I valied a 0
want - 0%
I really don't care about anyone other than ike, and even then I don't like her character
Slime - 5.12%
I don't know
anna - 7.14%
again I don't know
Nominations:
Mr. ResettiX5
Edit: dang, got grooseninja'd shouldn't have spent so much time on micaiah

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Edit: dang, got grooseninja'd shouldn't have spent so much time on micaiah
I counted it. Fell asleep at my chair while writing the post, actually, so there was time.

Demoted Veteran
83.92% chance
65.23% want

There were many people uncertain of what this meant, so I'm not going to elaborate much further on it. I counted the votes that included trophies as demotion as that is what the vast majority of people provided.

Micaiah
8.20% chance (was 3.62%)
44.65% want (was 18.98%)

Micaiah experienced a massive spike in both want and chance. While her chance score can be chalked up mostly to an outlier, her want score is reflective of a much larger amount of people converting to her side.

Today we'll be continuing our Fire Emblem talk in a dissuasion about everyone's favorite salesperson that doesn't dress up like a fairy and float across the skies on a balloon. That's right, Anna is back in town! In addition, a Slime draws near. Please rate Anna and Slime in chance and want. Tomorrow we have one of gaming's most iconic characters: Crono from the masterpiece Chrono Trigger. Oh, and we have Zip from Flingsmash as well. Please predict how Crono and Zip will do.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Anna
5% chance
0% want

Slime
5% chance
0% want

Sorry, just not characters I'm interested in.

Crono 26%
Zip 4%

D

Deleted member

Anna

Chance: 30%

Anna seems like one of the less likely Fire Emblem newcomers. The only thing that keeps her chances from being below 10% is that she has appeared in nearly every installment of the series so far.

Want: 50%

I'm indifferent.

Slime

Chance: 15%

While Dragon Quest both started on NES and has had a strong presence on Nintendo platforms in recent years, I don't think there will be any more third party characters besides Pac-Man and maybe Snake. If a Dragon Quest character does end up joining the roster, then it'll probably be one of the protagonists (most likely from VII or X).

Want: 50%

I'm indifferent.

Predictions

Crono: 10%
Zip: 10%

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post has been updated.

Slime's chances: 5% - The same rating I gave him the last two times. I think if we got a Square character it would be from his series, but I'm not expecting a Dragon Quest character at all.
Want: 0% - I still don't care for this one.

Anna's chances: 3% - I overrated her before (10%). Although she's recurring, she doesn't seem to have that major of a role in most of the games.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Chrono prediction: 1.27%
Zip prediction: 3.39%

Jill x5. Hoping she gets to the top soon.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Micaiah just set an all time record for biggest leap in the popularity chart, 97 spots from 131st to 34th.

Slime
Chance: 0% - I can't see us getting a Square rep at all, and Slime is more of a token cute mascot than a gaming icon.
Want: 68% - I imagine he (she? it?) would be a fun character to play as.

Fire Emblem Scrooge McDuck
Chance: $4 - The only way I see her getting in is if Sakurai decides that it is an absolute priority to rep almost every single Fire Emblem game. Even though the only character that can do that is an optional character with little story importance in Awakening and is just a small cameo in every other game.
Want: $20 - I'm not really a fan.

Chrono prediction: 1.6%
Zip prediction: 3.3%

Nominations: Captain Toad x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Slime

Chance: 1% - I'm very much doubtful that a rep from Square will even join SSB4 but they'd probably go with Slime if they had to pick someone (Sorry Geno!)

Want: 30% - Its OK

Anna

Chance: Abstain

Want: 25% - Ehhh....

Nomination

Peppy Hare x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
:bluejump:Slime:
Chance: 8%
Unlikely, but I could see it happening.
Want: 89%
Slime would be a hilarious addition to smash that would actually make sense. (unlike a certain character rated 2 days ago...)
Anna:
I've never really done a detailed description for a character before, but I find it necessary this time around.
Chance: .5%
Now some of you may be wondering: Didn't I give N and Style Savy higher chances than this? Yes I did. I feel this is justifiable on one aspect alone:

Anna's a minor character.

Wait, that's it? Every character we have gotten before has been a major character within their series. Even N and Style Savy are major characters in their series. The only arguable character is Falco, but Star Fox ha hardly any characters when compared to Fire Emblem.. Heck, Anna wasn't even playable until Awakening, and even there Anna was OPTIONAL. Sure, she is iconic, to a FE fan that is. If I were to show a picture of Anna to my casual friend who beat FEA almost a year ago, I doubt he would remember the shopkeeper's face. Yet if I showed a picture of Chrom instead, he would instantly recognize him. If we were to judge Anna solely on her role in FEA (arguably the only game that matters in SSb4 speculation) we might as well be rating Henry like Glacicott suggested yesterday. In many ways adding Anna is like adding Ratatta from Pokémon. Are they both iconic to fans of the series? Sure. Are they in nearly every game?Yep. Are they viable in smash? Not really...
In terms of characters to join, she has never been in the realm of possibility:
Anna is also beaten in every aspect of speculation:
Female: Lucina
Recognition: Chrom
Recurrence: Tiki, who has actually had plot significance.
Uniqueness: I honestly think she wins here, but has stiff competition from Tiki and Robin.
Popularity: see 1-5 on the list below.
In terms of characters to join, she has never been in the realm of possibility:
1. Chrom
2. Roy
3. Robin
4. Lucina
5. Lyn
6. Micaiah
6-??. Probably lots of other lords with starring roles that I'm unfamiliar with
8. Tiki
9. Anna
10. :awesome:Frederick
You may have noticed that I have occasionally been nominating Frederick as an AT. He is by far my favorite character in Fire Emblem. So why am I nominating him for an AT? Because he is a minor character, and I know his chances are lower than the Dead Sea.
Want: 95%
Surprised? I actually really would like to see Anna in smash. She's my #2 pick for any FE character. Once Frederick had to take on a supporting role, this is how I beat Awakening:

How to beat Fire Emblem Awakening in 5 easy steps!
1. Create male Robin.
2. Recruit Anna.
3. Marry Anna to Robin.
4. Pair Robin with Anna
5. Laugh as common enemy and final boss alike miss while you wail on them. PROFIT!!!

Noms:
NFC trophies x2
Frederick assist x3
I just realized my rant on Anna somewhat resembled this one on Rosalina. http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintend...-smash-bros-4-who-not-to-expect-come-e3-2013/ Maybe I'm wrong? I hope so :3

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Anna: 2%
Want: 50% She was the person that my avatar married in my first playthrough of the game.

Slime: 1%
Want: 0%

Crono: 3.21%
Zip: 2.31% If people know who he is, I would be amazed.

(using my extra noms for predicting Mewtwo) x10 Competitively Overpowered Character (think Meta Knight in Brawl)

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Anna
Chance: .1%
I can't go any higher then that with a clear conscience. Yes, she has been in most every game. But she has never played a major role in any of them, some of them little more then a cameo appearance. (I didn't even know she was in Binding Blade and Sword of Seals until I looked it up) She's never played an important part in any of the stories, even in Awakening her recruitment is optional. She is nothing more then a merchant, a shopkeeper in the Fire Emblem franchise. It's like asking for the Happy Mask Salesman to be playable, except he's actually been an important part of a games story. (And only needed to appear in 2 games to do it) If I had to list Fire Emblem characters who I thought had a shot of getting into the game, she would be on the list, but she would at the very bottom. She isn't recognizable to anybody outside of the Fire Emblem fanbase, and as characters go she isn't even one of the more popular ones. The Anna support thread houses evidence that out of all the Fire Emblem Awakening characters, she was the 17th most popular. Her biggest role in any games she's appeared in (by far) and there are still 16 other characters that are more liked then she is. The only reason she isn't at absolute zero is because she is recurring, and I think that will only earn her a trophy, maybe an assist if she's lucky.

Want: 3%
I didn't care about Anna one bit until Awakening, and I only cared a little bit then because I realized she was in past games before. That's how little of an impact she made on me in her past appearances (and on the games she appeared in for that matter). Only reason this isn't zero is because it isn't another Blue haired sword wielding lord. But that's only for curiosities sake of what they could do with her, I'd still rather have that blue haired swordsman, or any other potential Fire Emblem newcomer, then her.

Slime
Chance: Abstain
I don't know enough about the DQ series to make a good judgement on this, but I don't think he has a chance based on what I know. He's basically the Goomba of the Mario series, but made it to be mascot because DQ doesn't have a recurring recognizable cast. (Kind of like Chocobos or Moogles) He's also from Square Enix, which probably won't get a third party, and if they did it would be a Final Fantasy character, most likely the Black Mage.

No knowledge of him and want Black Mage.

Chrono Predictions: 1.7%
Zip Predictions: .5%

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Anna
Chance: 35% - Again, I know a bit high, but makes more sense in my eyes than Chrom, and would be one troll of a character. If Sakurai doesn't add Duck Hunt Dog, I wouldn't be surprised to see Anna
Want: 95% - Maybe not in Top 5 most wanted, but most likely in the top 10.

Slime
Chance: 1% - I have no idea how Slime could beat Crono, Cloud, OR Neku out as the Square Enix character.
Want: 0% - He's a blob.... I don't like Slime as a playable character. Crono and Neku are much better choices.

Predictions:
Crono : 15%
Zip : 2 %

Nominations: Mr. Dream Boss x 5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Anna
Chance: 45% - Again, I know a bit high, but makes more sense in my eyes than Chrom, and would be one troll of a character. If Sakurai doesn't add Duck Hunt Dog, I wouldn't be surprised to see Anna
Want: 95% - Maybe not in Top 5 most wanted, but most likely in the top 10.

Slime
Chance: 1% - I have no idea how Slime could beat Crono, Cloud, OR Neku out as the Square Enix character.
Want: 0% - He's a blob.... I don't like Slime as a playable character. Crono and Neku are much better choices.
...You really are biased against Fire Emblem characters that only diserve a 5% max aren't you?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Anna
Chance - 1%
It's becoming more and more obvious that Chrom is almost most definitely happening. And if not, then Robin or Lucina. That's the extent of how much I care to elaborate about Fire Emblem right now.
Now please stop with the Fire Emblem: Overinflated Chances characters before I begin hating one of my favorite series of all time.

Want - 0%
Come on, Sakurai, you disconfirmed Tiki ... just give us a week of Fire Emblem deconfirmations, or a Smash Bros Deconfirmation Direct. Even if it means losing the dream of Robin or Lucina, just ... end this already.
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club Keep in mind it's not personal, but please at least try to read and consider the position of other people regarding Fire Emblem characters to realize why your percentages are so insultingly ludicrous. I mean, hey, Vivian from Paper Mario would totally be the coolest most unique character and she has a niche popularity in my opinion, that doesn't mean she's 60% likely because obviously Sakurai thinks like I do. That's why we keep bias to the Want rating.

Slime
Chance - 2%
I definitely think about his chances everytime I hear about Dragon Quest, and things have come up. But again, we're talking third parties and it's all about Pac Man. No one else really has much of a chance, imo.

Want - 5%
eh. It's an ok character and not the worst idea, but I'll be plagued by either "why Slime and not Pac Man?" or "Too many third parties"

Predictions
Crono - 4%
Sadly the days of awesome SNES RPGs are way too long behind us for this to be likely.
Zip - 1.2%
One day we will all think back to the year we spent in Rate their Chances, and remember all the heated Ridley arguments, all the Hades invasions and the Waluigi gifs and Deebates, and we will wish we could have had more days of that.
Now that we are here, living these in the present ... why did anyone think that on the cusp of E3 we HAD to rate Zip? On possibly one of the most exciting times right in between of a glorious Direct and a Smash-filled E3, when hype is rampant and speculation is only met with weekly deconfirmations ... we're rating Zip.
I love this thread so much, but frankly at times like these I just want to post so I can nominate and perhaps win nominations. We can do better than this people, let's raise our standards a little bit.

Nominations
x5 NFC Smash Trophies

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would like to point out that both Daitoryo and Sheriff are out of the running due to the Color TV Game pic's caption.

Let me quote myself from the Graveyard.

"Pic of the day. The unexpected Assist Trophy, the TV-Game 15! Color TV-Game 15 is a home entertainment system that was released in 1977 in Japan before the release of Space Invaders. This is the oldest game to join the Smash Bros. series."

We didn't catch on that this was a possible disconfirmation in the Daitoryo thread until a bit later, and we looked at the original Japanese and had that translated by @@Venus of the Desert Bloom for us.

きょうの一枚。 おどろきのアシストフィギュア"テレビゲーム15"! "カラーテレビゲーム15(フィフティーン)"は、1977年、インベーダーゲームが出る前に登場した家庭用テレビゲーム。 スマブラ出演作の中でも、最古のものです。

Pic of the Day. This is the surprising Assist Trophy "Television Game 15". The "Color Television 15 " came before the Invader Game (Space Invaders) in 1977. Of the Smash Bros related products to appear in Smash Bros., this is the oldest.

Sheriff debuted in 1979 and Daitoryo debuted in 1889. This is an indirect disconfirmation. (Diskun's still in the running, though, having debuted in 1986.)
We gave Sheriff a 7.50% chance and a 16.82% want, and we gave Daitoryo an 11.99% chance and a 36.80% want. Seems we were right that they weren't overly likely.

In other news, Diskun's gotten a whole lot more likely.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Slime
Because unlike them Slime is Square Enix's Mascot, and the mascot of Japan's most popular video-game franchise (Barr possibly Pokémon, they jostle very noisily for the top spot). Dragon Quest massively outsells all of those franchises barr Final Fantasy which it outsells in Japan and outsells when adjusted for the number of games in the series by nearly double! Ofcourse your opinion, and I accept anyone who considers Final Fantasy or even Kingdom Hearts more likely as they#re a at least on of SEs three pillars, but to call Crono and Neku more likely is not justifiable in my eyes... though opinions differ, so I'll not berate you for it.

let's get the warm-up act out the way.

Anna: 3%
Secondary in a series which doesn't really have space for both returning Primary protagonists... she is recurring though...

Slime:
I was thinking about writing a massive post arguing things, but I don't think I need to... I do afterall run the Slime Support thread, if you wish to learn more there's a link in my signature. Also feel free to read this post for that argumentative Cheezey Bite.

Chance: 40%
I was actually tending towards his inclusion when Dragon Quest XI was confirmed to be in development, but the fact DQX is 'under consideration' means it's likely not getting it's western release revealed at E3... it might still, as that consideration may well be 'which other countries should we expand to' but I'm not hugely hopeful... DQVII and XI are enough though for Slime's reveal in my eyes, alongside the Mobile games...

I am convinced we'll get something Dragon Quest at E3, and while I at first thought it was going to be really big Nintendo sounds really lackluster with only 2 developer directs, one of which for a game that just got one... I'm less expecting of the big return than before, but I still expect a lot of DQ from SE this year... and I do honestly feel that Slime's chances are high. As for other SE characters I give them a combine 5%, and most of that goes to Black Mage and Chocobo.

E3 is pretty much make or break though, and while I'm fairly hopeful, I don't think he's >50%, so I don't expect him... and that kinda makes me worried.

Want: 100%
The only character that would really matter to me now. I'm worried about this Smash, especially after the Direct, and it needs an injection of something to get my hype levels back up... I expect Ridley, I expect Pac-Man, I expect Palutena... maybe K.Rool would do it, but lets be honest the other potentially big reveals have already been built up too much to have a real effect.

I'm still buying both versions mind.

Crono: 1.2%
A minor series, not even in SE's top 10.

Zip: 1.2%
I don't have time to research, so copied the number... may be way off!

Spyro*5
My noms will be going to highest bidder soon.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I would like to point out that both Daitoryo and Sheriff are out of the running due to the Color TV Game pic's caption.

Let me quote myself from the Graveyard.

Pic of the Day. This is the surprising Assist Trophy "Television Game 15". The "Color Television 15 " came before the Invader Game (Space Invaders) in 1977. Of the Smash Bros related products to appear in Smash Bros., this is the oldest.

Sheriff debuted in 1979 and Daitoryo debuted in 1889. This is an indirect disconfirmation. (Diskun's still in the running, though, having debuted in 1986.)

We gave Sheriff a 7.50% chance and a 16.82% want, and we gave Daitoryo an 11.99% chance and a 36.80% want. Seems we were right that they weren't overly likely.

In other news, Diskun's gotten a whole lot more likely.
Color TV=1977
Sheriff=1979

1977 is before 1979

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Color TV=1977
Sheriff=1979

1977 is before 1979

Am I missing something really obvious here?
No, but it does still theoretically knock out Daitoryo, which is pretty notable as someone we rated above 10% chance.

I'll write something tomorrow when I have a bit more time and can better explain my ratings.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I am so unbelievably tired tonight... I'm bout to go total Snorlax Body Slam/Rest Mode on my bed.

Anna - 8.5% Chrom has that second FE spot almost on lock. There is a give or take a 50/50 chance for a third spot (two games in a row with two FE characters, and it is now a bigger series than ever), methinks, and she has a battle against Robin/My Unit, Ike, Lucina, and Roy (who I would give a lower score than her).
Want - 80%

Slime - 3% An okay choice if we were to get a fourth third party. We probably aren't, but Professor Layton, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Tails, and Square's own Black Mage are some of the fiercest competish a Slime could have.
Want - 30%

predict:
Crono 3.3% (the want will be high with this one, though)
Zip 0.9%

"X" Protagonist x5

I hope we can have a few triple rating days prior to E3... It is E three times, after all, why not celebrate with Rate times three?

EDIT: We can deconfirm Alph, Brittany, Charlie Trio (Pikmin) due to the trophy... and wouldn't this have been a character transformation anyway?

I also support /confirming/ Extensive Alternate Costumes, with the one we needed most of all now confirmed to exist, along with two others, and presumably Wario's also.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Ahh... I'm too tired to make a quality early post... here's all I got:

Anna:
Chance- 29.5%
She has such a great record for her series.
[FE2]
And some more Awakening...

And is unique.
As a merchant, she has access to every item. And she's known for her lance. Also, she was once a Pegasus Knight. So, the moveset is all there, and then some.

Anna is essentially a utility unit, possessing Trickster class. When compared to Gaius, her closest counterpart, Anna trails behind Gaius in several stats, though she has better defensive stat growths over him and a modest magic growth, making her a decent Trickster healer. Her main quirk is that she has an incredible amount of Luck growth, on top of a decent speed and skill growths to make her a tricky unit to hit. These traits usually make her more durable and more well suited for the Trickster class. It is recommended to give her Levin Swords to build off of her decent magic stat. She starts off with the Thief set of skills so she can pick locks right away and have a decent movement range with Movement +1.

I believe I just recently said I ranked FE characters like this:

Marth- 100%
Chrom- 83%
Ike- 74%
Robin- 51.5%
Anna- 29.5%
Lucina- 15.5%
Roy- 9%
Micaiah- 6.5%
Tharja- 2%
Leif- 0.3%

Something like this. And I still think this.

She has the recurrence.
She has the importance.
She has the uniqueness.
She has the recency.
She has all of the appeal...
So why is the one thing she's losing in... popularity?
You'd think a comical character with all of this potential and such a great record would be very popular, but on the Awakening polls, she's ranged from around 6th to 16th. So while she is among the popular half of the cast no matter where you look, it's no Chrom, Lucina, or Robin. And it seems she ranks higher in the West rather than Japan. So I'm not confident about her, at all. But Tiki being a trophy is a slight boost, as they're kind of in the same category.

Want: 100%
Another happy customer!!

Slime:
Chance: 5%
I think he's the most likely 3rd party after Pac-Man, Snake, Bayonetta, and Professor Layton
Want: 65%
Sure, I like him.

Predictions:
Zip: 3.5%
It feels like it's been a long time since we rated something I've never heard of... what are this?
Crono: 4%
Another random number

Nom:
x3 Medusa (needs a lower chance and a much higher want)
x2 Ridley (we rated him immediately after the "deconfirmation", but since then, new evidence and hope has rised in his favor)

Here is the official popularity chart. This is all characters, stages, and concepts listed by their "want" rating.

Possible newcomers

1. King K. Rool - 78.88%
2. Palutena - 77.93%
3. Little Mac (confirmed) - 77.00%
4. Ridley - 74.60%
5. Banjo Kazooie - 72.57%
6. (tie) Shulk - 70.21%
6. (tie) Isaac - 70.21%
8. Professor Layton - 60.93%
9. Pac-Man - 60.25%
10. Bomberman - 59.83%
11. Robin - 59.64%
12. Sceptile - 59.11%
13. Vaati 57.48%
14. Chibi Robo - 57.29%
15. Takamaru - 57.21%
16. Lip - 57.09%
17. Hades - 54.34%
18. Dixie Kong - 54.21%
19. Ghirahim - 53.91%
20. Andy - 52.64%
21. Bowser Jr - 52.60%
22. Dillon (deconfirmed) - 50.37%
23. Toad (deconfirmed) - 50.29%
24. Porky - 48.66%
25. Captain Rainbow - 48.65%
26. Rhythm Wrestler - 48.50%
27. Ray - 48.46%
28. Bandana Waddle Dee - 47.61%
29. Mona - 46.86%
30. Chrom - 46.57%
31. Amaterasu - 46.53%
32. Toon Zelda and Tetra (deconfirmed as a pair) - 45.28%
33. Anna - 44.77%
34. Micaiah - 44.65%
35. Simon Belmont - 44.43%
36. Waluigi (deconfirmed) - 44.13%
37. Meowth (deconfirmed) - 43.81%
38. Solo Tetra - 43.63%
39. Groose - 43.58%
40. Tiki (deconfirmed) - 43.33%
41. Rosalina (confirmed) - 42-90%
42. Muddy Mole - 42.54%
43. Saki (deconfirmed) - 42.46%
44. Black Shadow 42.33%
45. Rayman - 42.32%
46. Masked Man - 42.00%
47. Phoenix Wright - 41.98%
48. Midna (deconfirmed) - 41.95%
49. Skull Kid (deconfirmed) - 41.47%
50. Starfy (deconfirmed) - 40.03%
51. Chorus Men - 39.23%
52. Paper Mario - 39.02%
53. Zoroark (deconfirmed) - 38.72%
54. Lucina - 38.64%
55. Tom Nook (deconfirmed) - 38.46%
56. Samurai Goroh (deconfirmed) - 38.44%
57. Jimmy T. - 38.31%
58. Ganon - 38.29%
59. New Pokemon Trainer - 37.95%
60. (tie) Lynn (deconfirmed) - 37.86%
60. (tie) Sukapon - 37.86%
62. Black Mage - 37.78%
63. Wonder Red (deconfirmed) - 37.10%
64. Blaziken - 36.90%
65. Daitoryo - 36.80%
66. Donbe and Hikari - 36.79%
67. Mach Rider - 36.64%
68. Duck Hunt Dog - 35.43%
69. Fawful - 34.52%
70. Vaati - 34.30%
71. Excitebiker - 33.96%
72. Shantae - 33.92%
73. Grovyle - 33.91%
74. Kamek (deconfirmed) - 33.63%
75. Cranky - 33.42%
76. Matthew - 33.36%
77. Marshal 33.07%
78. Slime - 32.65%
79. Yuyuki Goku - 31.82%
80. Tails - 31.67%
81. Geno - 31.65%
82. Professor E. Gadd - 31.63%
83. Magolor - 31.16%
84. Prince of Sable - 30.57%
85. Sheriff - 30.12%
86. Klonoa - 29.66%
87. Chrom and Lucina team - 28.83%
88. Master Hand - 28.59%
89. Lloyd Irving - 28.34%
90. Medusa - 28.26%
91. Prince Fluff - 28.06%
92. Balloon fighter - 27.88%
93. Genesect - 27.75%
94. Ashley (deconfirmed) - 27.43%
95. Knuckles - 27.34%
96. Captain Syrup - 27.26%
97. Krystal - 27.05%
98. King Boo - 26.42%
99. Zero - 26.33%
100. Dark Samus (deconfirmed) - 26.32%
101. Alexandra Roivas - 26.29%
102. Impa - 26.05%
103. Jack Frost - 25.91%
104. Omastar - 25.85%
105. Slippy Toad - 25.35%
106. Masked Link - 24.91%
107. Travis Touchdown - 24.72%
108. Karate Joe - 24.71%
109. Happy Mask Salesman - 24.63%
110. Dark Pit - 24.55%
111. Yarne - 24.52%
112. (tie) Victini (deconfirmed) - 24.39%
113. (tie) Tingle - 24.39%
114. Arino - 24.14%
115. Ephraim - 24.05%
116. Aeron - 23.90%
117. Louie - 23.55%
118. Savvy Stylist - 23.43%
119. Mii - 22.66%
120. Harry - 22.52%
121. Quote - 22.17%
122. Dr. Kawashima - 22.12%
123. Niku and Shiki - 21.84%
124. Leon - 21.79%
125. Sora - 21.49%
126. Alph - 21.36%
127. Zael - 21.18%
128. Bayonetta - 20.70%
129. Ryu Hayabasa - 20.64%
130. Diskun - 20.12%
131. Isa (deconfirmed) - 19.79%
132. Sandbag (deconfirmed) - 18.72%
133. Solo Toon Zelda - 18.41%
134. Eevee (deconfirmed) - 18.25%
135. Dark Matter - 17.67%
136. Rhythm Monkey - 17.65%
137. Reggie - 17.44%
138. Yarne and Owain - 16.38%
139. Sylveon - 16.20%
140. Tharja - 16.17%
141. Magnus - 15.79%
142. Alph, Brittany, and Charlie - 15.64%
143. Owain - 14.51%
144. Tiny Kong - 14.39%
145. Mike Jones - 14.18%
146. Anthony - 13.64%
147. Plasm Wraith - 13.43%
148. Wild Gunman - 13.40%
149. Isabelle (deconfirmed) - 13.32%
150. Daisy - 13.14%
151. Scrooge Mcduck - 12.96%
152. Son Goku - 12.51%
153. Count Bleck - 11.90%
154. Goemon - 11.80%
155. Pauline - 11.43%
156. Nintendog (deconfirmed) - 11.13%
157. Kunio-Kun - 10.53%
158. Ryu 10.00%
159. Stork - 9.75%
160. Primid - 9.05%
161. Chef Kawasaki - 9.03%
162. Nightmare - 8.58%
163. Reyn - 8.00%
164. Bulborb (deconfirmed) - 7.94%
165. Cloud - 7.75%
166. Ninten - 7.61%
167. Chancellor Cole - 7.59%
168. Hero of Light - 6.82%
169. Lupus - 6.20%
170. Athena Cykes - 6.08%
171. N - 5.92%
172. Shadow 5.48%
173. Panther 2.52%

Huge gap

174. Adam Malkovich - 0.43%

Veterans

1. Gannondorf - 90.62%
2. Mr. Game & Watch - 90.51%
3. Ice Climbers - 88.28%
4. Mewtwo - 81.50%
5. Sonic (confirmed) - 80.75%
6. ROB - 80.06%
7. Sheik (confirmed) - 79.02%
8. Pokemon Trainer (deconfirmed) - 77.00%
9. Wolf - 75.63%
10. Ike - 75.22%
11. Falco - 74.74%
12. Lucario (confirmed) - 72.36%
13. Jigglypuff - 71.71
14. Lucas - 65.27%
15. Toon Link (confirmed) - 64.54%
16. Snake - 60.14%
17. Ivysaur - 55.36%
18. Squirtle - 51.57%
19. Roy - 34.25%
20. Pichu - 25.90%
21. Dr. Mario - 18.01%
22. Young Link 6.52%

Stages

1. Bowser's Castle - 83.33%
2. Paper Mario - 68.77%
3. Kirby's Epic Yarn - 68.48%
4. Rhythm Heaven - 68.31%
5. Gangplank Galleon - 65.30%
6. Super Mario 3D world - 64.77%
7. Tetris - 62.89%
8. Mario Kart 8 - 58.84%
9. Dr. Mario - 57. 13%
10. Cookie Country - 48.96%
11. Nutty Noon - 48.59%
12. Gyromite - 46.48%
13. Halcandra - 43.50%

Concepts

1. 50+ characters - 92.19%
2. Promoted AT (confirmed) - 90.47%
3. Improved Stage Builder - 85.15%
4. <10% chance character becomes playable - 82.58%
5. Decloned Gannondorf - 82.24%
6. Unlockable Newcomers - 80.77%
7. Kid Icarus Smash Taunts - 78.24%
8. 4 Donkey Kong reps - 75.60%
9. Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo (deconfirmed) - 74.11%
10. Extensive Alternate Costumes - 73.51%
11. DLC - 71.84%
12. Spear User - 66.36%
13. Demoted veteran - 65.23%
14. Zelda Newcomer - 64.67%
15. Unplayable Hanafuda rep - 62.17%
16. No Cuts - 57.91%
17. Wario Land Wario - 54.84%
18. No Namco rep - 53.92%
19. Only popular newcomers - 52.13%
20. Yoshi Overhaul (deconfirmed) - 50.87%
21. Gematsu Leak is real - 47.95%
22. Other M Ridley - 46.37%
23. Playable Boss Mode - 43.04%
24. RTC top 10 becomes AT - 41.62%
25. 6 Mario characters - 40. 78%
26. Rhythm Heaven rep - 37.98%
27. Fatal Frame rep - 35. 77%
28. Pokemon AT - 34.48%
29. Split up Pokemon Trainer (confirmed) - 26.48%
30. Chrom Assist trophy 22.07%
31. Bowser Jr. + Shadow Mario - 17.89%

If anyone sees any mistakes on here please let me know.
You have Vaati listed twice and the Pikmin Trio is deconfirmed because of the Brittany trophy

@FalKoopa you wouldn't want to hurt your attendance record even more, would you? :o
Oh, and maybe @jaytalks would want to stop by again. (I was just looking through her old ratings) :p

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'm rating based on who would make the more original move sets, because that's what I think Sakurai is doing. Really, don't be bothered by my ratings, I don't get what the big deal is.
Sorry, that came out a bit more mean than I wanted it to. But... 65% for Miciah and 45% for Anna would mean that most likely at least one of them would get in and that there is a small chance that they would both get in. Just out of curiosity, what do you put Ike, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, and Roy at?
edit: poor grammar is poor and I hate posting on mobile devices.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I apologize to those who disagree with me, but no Fire Emblem character excites me at this point in time. Seeing one playable may change my mind, but as of right now I have no desire.
It's funny you should type that because I agree completely...

Weeeell...with one exception...just one...

Anna_hub.png

That was a great introduction, amiright? :awesome:
Ooo~ another one of my most supported characters. I feel a need to give a nice long post, just like Ridley.
Wait, did I just compare Anna to Ridley...?
If I ever do that again, someone virtually smack me.
Aaaanyway.
I'll just get this out of the way.
Chance: 1 G
Fire Emblem universe doesn't use dollars! You're all ruining everying!111!!1! :troll:
I believe the Gematsu leak. I don't think we'll get more than one Fire Emblem newcomer. So, yeah, there. The 1 G is basically the "Sakurai factor," I suppose.

But that isn't what I wanted to waste my time typing! Oh, no, "Want" is always the best part about this game.
I'll start with one my first posts on this forum. It was way back in Summer 2012. In the ol' days when Rate Their Chances was run by Super Smash Bros. Fan and this game used decimals out of five instead of percentages...

shrooby said:
Want: 2.6
I'm pretty indifferent towards Fire Emblem as a whole, so I really don't care who gets added, if anyone, but I like her design, so slightly more than complete indifference. If my research is correct, then she's appeared in all of the Fire Emblem games except one, she's playable in the newest game, but in all of the games except for the one she's playable in, she does not serve much of a role. Not very likely in my opinion because I see Roy as the most likely Fire Emblem rep this time around, assuming that only one is being added, and she hasn't really been requested or really talked about as much as other potential FE reps. 0.5 in likelihood.

And then I knew who Anna was, and I had never even played a Fire Emblem game! A slight appeal since then.
The slight appeal towards Anna and indifference to everyone else as a newcomer would continue even when Chrom, Lucina, and Robin became much more popular choices.
But then everything changed when the fire nation attacked when I played Awakening back...five months ago.
Coming out of it, Anna is now one of my favorite characters. Period. And as I go back and play the past Fire Emblems, it feels really nice to have that one character that joins me along my journey through this franchise. Like having that one Pokemon that you always like to use on your team whenever you play through a game except that Anna isn't actually a unit in any other game
So, yeah, I like Anna a lot. The only character I greatly support that I'll admit much of my want comes from personal attachment.
But it's not all personal attachment! I have my reasons besides that, of course.
Even though her roles have been minor, I think she should still be playable. She's timeless, and has a long legacy with her, even if the legacy consists of small roles. She's the character that every fan of Fire Emblem will recognize, regardless of the games in the series they've actually played. (Except in the case they only played one game and it was Gaiden...) For me personally, it's those kind of characters that should be...to use a word I really don't like, "represented." I like timeless, important characters that many people will recognize. And Fire Emblem doesn't have too many of those. Granted, she isn't that "important" in the traditional sense.
(That's not to say I hate newer characters! Or obscure characters! No offense meant by that!)
With characters like Ridley, Toad, or K. Rool, I still consider them "Nintendo All-Stars," even if they haven't been playable in Smash. I support them more for that reason. But, unique to characters I support, I think Anna is a character that should be a "Nintendo All-Star" but isn't. Smash would give 'er that boost.
There are a total of four newcomers I support more than Anna - Ridley, K. Rool, Toad, and Palutena, in that order - as such, I type the following...
Groose, mark my want for Anna as 96 G.
Oh, right, conversions...umm, that comes out to about....96%

Slime: Abstain
No offense meant to anyone, sorry.
I really am just here for Anna. :troll:

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace

The Ultimate Boss Anna:
Chance 22.22% want 100,000,000,000G (100%)

I think what's holding her back is that only lords have landed playable roles in Smash bros but she differs from the others in that she's got more than a simple role and unlike everyone else she's very unlikely to fade away from the series. Other than Robin I see Anna as a potential dark horse character, she's not the most popular nor is she expected but she's very unique and definitely significant to the series. Yet I doubt she will be included in place of Chrom.

Slime
chance 0.1% want 0%
Other than Pac-man, Snake, Layton, and maybe Bayonetta I don't see other 3rd party characters standing much chance.

Predict 0.9% and 1.8%

x5 Barbara

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Anna
Chance: 2%
Chrom is the poster boy right now and hugely popular in the west. Lucina is the most popular female character, and even bigger than Chrom in Japan. Robin is the most unique option you could possibly have. Roy is the super popular wanted returnee.

Yet Anna isn't completely out the running, because she's a reoccurring face of the series and one of the very few...but then so was Tiki, and that didn't end well for her.

I just can't see her beating out the Awakening trio or Roy.

Want: 15%
After Roy and Robin(and presuming Ike is back), Anna is probably my most wanted Fire Emblem character. But that's not saying much.

Slime
Chance: 0%
This seems harsh but between Pac-Man and Snake possibly returning I can't see Slime either beating either of these two or us getting five 3rd parties. Even if Snake is cut, I still don't see Slime replacing him, I feel as though we'd get a different Konami character.

This IS harsh but it's not an exception for just Slime.

I don't much like third parties as a rule whilst there's still several big Nintendo names missing out in this Nintendo All Star brawler and the only third party I can back fully is Pac-Man. I give some support to the incredibly unlikely Bomberman, Layton and Rayman or the downright impossible Banjo-Kazooie, but those are pipe dreams and some of their legendary status are arguable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Anna Chance: 7.5% She has a good chance, as I said plenty of times before that she seems to have more roles in FE:A this time, she might be considered, but all I see really is an AT or trophy IMO.

Anna Want: 90% It was fun while my want for Anna lasted, but Chrom is probably taking the FE newcomer spot. She could bring lots of potential, but I don't think she has enough significance to be playable.

Nominations:
x5 Nintendo Joker

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Anna Chance - 35%
She has risen in the FE games and with her appearance as a unit in FE Awakening she now has more smash potential and her recurring status in the games helps. The big issue though is having the main blue hair protagonist take the spot as the new rep.

Anna Want - 85%
She looks to be a fun character with plenty of personality that I would love to see translated into smash. She may be another sword user but there potential for a fun and unique move-set. So far this is my most wanted FE rep.

Slime Chance - 20%
The biggest possible rep if SE wan't to throw their hat into the smash ring. DQ and Nintendo has a lot of history ever since the NES days. Slime is a popular mascot character that is recognizable and in games like Slime Mori Mori or DQ Joker we are able to see more of his potential outside of a generic enemy. The only competition he has is the other major 3rd party characters like Layton, Snake, Pacster, etc.

Slime Want - 100%
My most wanted 3rd party.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I think that we should label "Extensive Alternate Costumes" as confirmed now.
YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Demoted Vet:Chance:
60%-PT and Doc.
Want: 50%- Doc as an Alt is what I want.

Tharja's Body, Another's Head
-Abstain-

NOMINATIONS:
Plusle/Minun X5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Demoted Vet:Chance:
60%-PT and Doc.
Want: 50%- Doc as an Alt is what I want.

Tharja's Body, Another's Head
-Abstain-

NOMINATIONS:
Plusle/Minun X5
Firstly you bring up an interesting point that Doc Mario being an alt costume is technically a demotion... I did not think of that, well done, and thankyou for expanding my thoughts on the matter.

Secondly, that was yesterday, today we're rating
Slime!
and Anna...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom