• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ridley and Layton are examples of being one of the most requested for Smash 4 in their specific region, also you know it takes more than just demand to be playable there's multiple things taken into account when considering a character for the roster.
Yes, there is much more that goes into a character getting on the roster aside from demand. Like actual importance, and appealing to a wide range of gamers outside of fans of a relatively small DS series. That's where Layton doesn't do so well.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yes, there is much more that goes into a character getting on the roster aside from demand. Like actual importance, and appealing to a wide range of gamers outside of fans of a relatively small DS series. That's where Layton doesn't do so well.
Ness.:ness2:
Professor Layton isn't a small series at all, if you look at the sales, it's pretty clear it's a lot more than just small. It even got a movie for crying out loud, isn't that enough to convince you that Layton is big?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Layton
chance 33% want 100%

Yeah he's a third party but he's special, his series might as well be considered 1st party because it's been one of the DS/3DS most notable series. He also happens to be one of my most wanted characters.

Ryu
chance 1% want 0%

Not exactly aligned to Nintendo compared to other 3rd parties, unless he's another personal request like Snake.

Barbara x5
predict 10% and 73%

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ness.:ness2:
Professor Layton isn't a small series at all, if you look at the sales, it's pretty clear it's a lot more than just small. It even got a movie for crying out loud, isn't that enough to convince you that Layton is big?
Ness is not third party. I am speaking in terms of third party characters.

And yes, the Professor Layton series is fairly big in that regard. But I would still say it's much more along the lines of Animal Crossing (a popular series with only a few games that also got a movie) then it is to the big names of other third party characters. And third party characters really should be limited to the really big names. If they start letting in smaller third party characters like Layton (and by smaller, I mean small compared to the big names like Sonic, Mega Man, etc) just because of the close ties the characters have with Nintendo, then that opens up way too many possibilities for third party characters to be in Smash, and as a result the roster starts to lose its focus of being Nintendo All-Stars.

loganhogan

Smash Ace

And yes, the Professor Layton series is fairly big in that regard. But I would still say it's much more along the lines of Animal Crossing (a popular series with only a few games that also got a movie) then it is to the big names of other third party characters. And third party characters really should be limited to the really big names. If they start letting in smaller third party characters like Layton (and by smaller, I mean small compared to the big names like Sonic, Mega Man, etc) just because of the close ties the characters have with Nintendo, then that opens up way too many possibilities for third party characters to be in Smash, and as a result the roster starts to lose its focus of being Nintendo All-Stars.
Small in what way? Sales?

You're undestimating Professor Layton, for a series barely 7 years old reaching 15million that's not small.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

No, it just opens the door for third parties who have have really close ties with Nintendo and have a great amount of success in the videogame market. It doesn't really open alot of possibilities.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Small in what way? Sales?
Not necessarily sales. The series has done pretty well in that regard. But I use the word "small" comparatively. Compared to series like Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear, Mega Man, or Pac-Man, the Professor Layton series hasn't done nearly as well and has not left the same kind of impact those other series have on the gaming industry. And it's those kinds of big name series and characters that Sakurai seems to be looking for, iconic characters whose series have left a significant impact on gaming as a whole. Compared to those giants, Layton seems pretty minuscule, and as a result, I find it hard to imagine that he has any place in Smash.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Not necessarily sales. The series has done pretty well in that regard. But I use the word "small" comparatively. Compared to series like Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear, Mega Man, or Pac-Man, the Professor Layton series hasn't done nearly as well and has not left the same kind of impact those other series have on the gaming industry. And it's those kinds of big name series and characters that Sakurai seems to be looking for, iconic characters whose series have left a significant impact on gaming as a whole. Compared to those giants, Layton seems pretty minuscule, and as a result, I find it hard to imagine that he has any place in Smash.
Layton is newer and sold half of what Mega Man did so far, but so what? Mega Man is miniscule compared to Sonic, even among the Capcom fish he isn't exactly the biggest fish.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Layton is newer and sold half of what Mega Man did so far, but so what? Mega Man is miniscule compared to Sonic, even among the Capcom fish he isn't exactly the biggest fish.
Mega Man is still one of the most iconic and recognizable video game characters out there, and his series has left a much greater impact than the Professor Layton series has. Layton is far from being a gaming icon.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Professor Layton

Chance: 30%
As far as third parties go, he is one of the ones that stand out. He is very revenant to Nintendo, sales are pretty good, and he is fairly popular. If he was a 2nd Party, he'd be much more likely. However he falls in the third-party trap, meaning that he has to be legendary to be in. He is popular, but not legendary...yet.

Want: 80%
I like the Professor Layton series, just need to get into it. I think he would have a good moveset and he would fit into the Smash Universe really well.

Ryu Hayabusa

Chance: 3%
He is a notable third party, however against a returning Snake, Pac-Man and a possible Professor he does not stand a chance. He also does not have much of a connection to Nintendo.

Want: 20%
I only want third party characters who deserve to be in a Nintendo All-Stars game.

Nominations : Mr. Resetti x 5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ryu Hayabusa
Chance: 1%
Want: 60%

Could be interesting if hes based on his original design. Hes not likely because his relation to Nintendo is lackluster at best. It was prominent during the NES days, but now it is very poor. If Smash was made in the NES days, then I could see it. But its not.

Professor Layton
Chance: 10%
Want: 50%

Im pretty indifferent. He seems like he could be a good addition. Hes a better 3rd party than Ryu Hayabusa, and many others. However, I would be Surprised to see him included before 3rd parties like Pacman and Snake (or a few other Konami reps like Bomberman or Simon Belmont)

Mewtwo: 86.4%
Halcandra(?): 33%

Nominations:
Slime x5

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, can't argue with that... Wait, shouldn't you have used a Layton gif for the occasion? I guess they aren't as varied as Phoenix Wright ones, but they could work.

Anyway, if I may make one request, I would like to see this piece of music added to that post you made. Then again, it's more of one of my personal favorite songs from the series. I'm not too sure what others think of it...
At this point, Phoenix Wright gifs are so ingrained in my mind that they're second nature to me, and Layton gifs would have taken a bit longer because I would have to familiarize myself more with them.

I do love that song too (and a lot of others), but I was going for more up-tempo songs that would have better odds of being in Smash. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Want:Please don't hurt me 10%
I would never hurt someone for disagreeing with me; if anything, it earns my respect. I don't want to force my beliefs upon you; the main reason I made that post and brought in the support base was to help convince those on the fence and educate those who don't know anything about Layton.

Ryu Hayabusa: 0.01% chance
At this point of the discussion, it's pretty hard to see anyone other than Pac-Man or Snake get the nod from a third-party standpoint. It's even harder to see Ryu; there are characters from the NES era who are bigger and there are characters from the modern era who are also bigger. This would be an absolute shock-inclusion.

Ryu Hayabusa: 75% want
I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game. The older ones were before my time, and the mediocre reviews of the new installments has scared me away from them. That said, even I instantly pick up on the name Ryu Hayabusa; he's pretty darn iconic. I think he could bring some really sweet things to Smash, too, but I would be a bit disappointed that he got in over other third-parties, and I do feel three ninjas is a bit overkill.

Professor Layton: 3.33% chance
Layton is a very... puzzling... character when it comes to the chance department. On one hand, he has a lot of things in his favor: fifteen million sales in six years, a close relationship to Nintendo (the Big N publishes his games overseas and all of his games except for phone-based spinoffs are Big N exclusive), strong Japanese popularity. On the other hand, he has legitimate points against him--as a newer character, he's not quite an icon; his series is on a major decline and seems to be on the way out; etc. Overall, I just don't think that any third-parties who aren't Pac-Man and Snake stand little chance at getting in; Layton may be one of the more likely of the bunch, but he's just highly unlikely overall.

Professor Layton Want: 100% (isn't it obvious?)
Story time: the year is 2009, and my mother's birthday is coming up. She's a puzzle addict and a casual gamer, so I decide to track down a puzzle game for her. I remember reading about a rather peculiar game in Nintendo Power a few months back... a game called "Professor Layton." I decide to get her the game, and she really, really enjoys it. After she beats it, she gives it back to me and tells me that I absolutely have to try it, so I do--and I am instantly hooked.

From then on, I purchased every Layton title the day they came out. Every single astounded me. Miracle Mask and Unwound Future moved me to tears while Curious Village, Diabolical Box, and Specter's Flute blew my mind. It was actually Professor Layton that made me rush out and purchase a 3DS; it was Professor Layton that introduced me to the Phoenix Wright franchise (which I treasure even more than Layton).

Unfortunately, I had one misconception about the franchise--one little misconception that I carried all the way from 2009 to 2011. It was my belief that the franchise was owned by Nintendo. Yes, I thought it is what this board refers to as a "second-party" situation. I viewed Professor Layton as Nintendo's biggest new franchise... and thought of Layton as someone who would definitely be in the next Smash Bros. game, whenever it came out. That thought made me hyped... and happy.

...just give me a moment...

...a moment to remember...

...that unwound future...

DAY OVER

...this reminds me of a puzzle!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Professor Layton
14.08% chance (was 12.17%)
60.93% want (was 44.89%)

Layton's want score increased as expected, and his chance score also saw an increase, though it remains roughly in the same ballpark as before. Although Pac-Man is seen as the most likely third-party, and Snake is also respected, Layton has built himself up to become the number three nacho in this race.

Ryu Hayabusa
1.27% chance
20.64% want

...unfortunately for Ryu, I don't think he's in the top ten most likely or most wanted third-parties. Hey, at least he did manage to double his Street Fighter namesake in both categories!

WE DREAMED OF RATING THE WORLD'S STRONGEST POKEMON... and we've succeeded what, four times by now? Well, we're doing it again: Mewtwo is back for the first time since Hoennconfirmed. In addition, we'll be discussing Halcandra, an area from Kirby's Return to Dreamland; can it make a suitable stage? A pic is in the OP for reference. Can we get through another Kirby day without a Deebate (I coined that term; I'm going to milk it for all that it's worth) ? Please rate Mewtwo and a Halcandra Stage in chance and want. Tomorrow... it's time. Is the Gematsu leak real? Is it fake? Also, Style Savvy. Please predict how the Gematsu Leak and the Savvy Stylist will fare in tomorrow's match.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mewtwo:
Chance: 90%
Want: 90%
I would love Mewtwo and I think he has a pretty solid chance, but I'd like to see a moveset over haul or at least somewhat changed from Melee's.

Halcandra Stage:
Abstain

Predictions:
Gematsu Leak: 58%
Savvy Stylist: 7.2%

Nominations:
Metal Sonic x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Mewtwo: 70% Hoenn don't change nothin.
Want: 100%

Halcandra: 10%
Want: 0%

Gematsu Leak is Real: 43.84%
Savvy Stylist: 1.27%

x5 Zip

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo

Chance:90%

He's the most requested character and there's no way in hell that sceptile will get in before him. The only thing he has going against him is that he wasn't in brawl due to time constraints or something, but I'm sure sakurai learned from that mistake. He also has rivalry with jigglypuff, but I honestly think we will get both characters. This will give us a total of six Pokemon reps, same number as brawl.

Halcandra Stage

Chance: 50%

I haven't been keeping up with Kirby lately so I can't make much judgement on its chances. Looks pretty cool though.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo
Chance: 80%
WANT WANT WANT

Halcandra Stage

Nominations: Veteran Downgrade x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Mewtwo Chance: 100%
I honestly believe that Mewtwo not only is a shoe in, but will get in over Jigglypuff if there are only 5 Pokemon representatives. There is so much in his favor, most demanded character, planned to be in every single Smash Bros, possibly the most relevant Pokemon character at this time, having featured in the most recent movie and appearing in the next, one of two Pokemon to receive 2 Mega Evolutions, and being the posterboy of Mega Evolutions in general, unique moveset, and I could keep going!

Mewtwo Want: 100%
See signature and Melee main. I love playing as Mewtwo so much, and while I love Lucario as well and will probably love Greninja to, Mewtwo was easily my favorite. I need my Mewtwo!

Halcandra Stage Chance: 20%
I'm not so sure about anything when it comes to a Kirby Stage. We've had Whispy Woods, Fountain of Dreams, and the Halberd, I'm not seeing any sort of pattern here. There are so many possible Kirby stages to be in the game, and I do think that Halcandra has a good shot, but there are to many others for me to rate it any higher. Landia would be a cool stage boss though!

Halcandra Want: 90%
This was an extremely cool area of the game, I would love to see it in Smash, and Landia has good potential as a Stage Boss. Its only at 90% because I want the Lor Starcutter with Magolor as a boss before it.

Gematsu Leak: 60%
I don't believe this leak, but I've seen alot of people that do. Personally, with the 10000 "leaks" running around, there was one that was bound to be right. But the very fact that he said there would be 6 characters at E3 when there were only 3, leads me to believe that at the very least, if this guy is legitimate, he is either giving partially false information (I could honestly see Sakurai greenlighting that) or is misinformed.

Savvy Stylist: .7%
Who? What? I had to google this and looking at it now I don't see how this could even get Trophy representation in Smash Bros. Heck, Sticker representation might even be pushing it.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated. Warning now that the unused nominations part is a bit out of date, I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

And...I'm voting tomorrow again.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh, boy. I don't know how many times I've debated Mewtwo's chances, but here I go again.

Mewtwo:

Chance: 90% I seriously doubt that OR/AS will negatively impact Mewtwo in any way. His popularity is still very high, he is relevant because of his Mega Evolutions and appearance in the most recent and upcoming Pokemon movie, and Sakurai himself has hinted at him and his Mega Evolution being in Smash ("We are thinking about it"). I don't think much more needs to be said at this point. Although I'm reluctant to label Mewtwo as a "shoo-in", I think he's pretty damn close.

Want: 100% HELL YES. When I played Melee for the first time in Best Buy back in 2001, Mewtwo was the character that made me freak out and jump up and down in excitement. I was thrilled that I would be able to control the world's most powerful Pokemon in Smash Bros. Since it looks like Sakurai is paying a lot more attention to balance this time around, I think that his team can make Mewtwo not suck like he did in Melee. Although, I still would use him regardless. I share the sentiments of King Dedede in that old flash vid, Smash Kingdom Melee: "I miss my Mewtwo."

Halcandra Stage:

Chance: 50% I didn't play much of RtDL, but I think a stage from that game is pretty likely on the Wii U version.

Want: 50% I don't hate the idea, but I don't care either way. Like I said, I didn't play much of RtDL, so Halcandra holds no nostalgic value for me.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It's a good day to keep it simple

Halcandra
Chance - 10%
I guess it could happen? I personally think the Lor Starcutter is more likely.

Want - 50%
Meh

Mewtwo
- Abstain. I've already said all I needed to say about Mewtwo.

Predictions
Gematsu Leak - 44%
It shall be interesting indeed
Style Savvy - 4%
... I'll save it for tomorrow.

Nominations
x5 NFC Smash Bros Trophies.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mewtwo
Chance: 70% - Here we go again.
Want: 77% - Who doesn't miss picking up items with Mewtwo's mind?

Halcandra
Chance: 14% - There is a very good chance of a RTD stage appearing, but it's hard to predict which one.
Want: 57% - I'll happily lend my support.

Leak prediction: 27%
Savvy Stylist prediction: 2%

Nominations: Captain Toad x5

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Mewtwo
Chance 60% - I don't think the remake changes anything.
Want 80% - yeah sure why not. I'm not an active fan myself but he's a huge fanbase.

-Halcandra stage
Chances 80%
Want 100% I'm fine with anything Kirby.

andimidna

Smash Master
Halcandra Stage:
I don't think it will happen-
Want: 65%
But it would be a nice surprise.

Mewtwo:
Chance: 82%
The most requested character should be put on top priority. Or at least #13 after the original 12. It's that important he makes it in. He's basically the character everybody agrees on. Whereas Ridley, K Rool, and Palutena have a notable amount of detractors (mostly not in good places like SmashBoards though). And while I think Hoenn confirmed does help Sceptile, I think that's just the chance of 7 Pokemon playable. Not the chance of him over Mewtwo, that wouldn't really make sense.
Want: 95%
Yea. He needs to be in.
Even if you're not too attached to him, like me, he needs to be in that badly. I would hate to see all of the disappointment if he wasn't...
The game would be less cool without him. Example: Brawl

Predictions:
Gematsu Leak... huh....
Well, I'm guessing it will be about Chorus Men's score, then subtract a few % that he got for being able to get in without the leak being real.
And that last part happening is pretty far-fetched. And I'm pretty sure Chorus Men are right inbetween Ridley and Bowser Jr or Ghirahim on the chance list... so he has around a 25%? uhh.... then I should give this...
A 23% maybe? Sure.
Savvy Stylist: 80%
The only obvious shoo-in left.
Okay, fine.
Savvy Stylist: 2.5000%
Ms. Stylish Wii Fit Trainer might have to wait till Smash 5, but that 2.5% will hopefully be enough to get her in :laugh:

Knombs:
x1 GIYGAS
x1 dry baby waru- PINK GOLD PEACH encrusted with diamonds
x2 ANNA "Cha-ching!"
x1 (did you miss her?) BAYONETTA

Even though I was a full 1% off from Layton's score, it looks like I won! :o

Moar knombs:
x1 Kat and Ana (have they been rated?)
x2 Anna (2+2 is 4)
x1 Ayumi Hibachitana the Anime Detective Girl (what her name should have been)
x1 some random retro like... idk... have we rated the Fossil Fighters? Yea, sure, them.

@FalKoopa looks like we need your chart making skills again already! :laugh:
(Layton ranked 8th in want)

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Mewtwo: 5%. First Greninja, now the remakes. It's only getting worse for him.
Want: 100%. Which upsets me so much.
Halacandra: 5%. With Cookie Country? I don't see it.
Want: 0%. Just a meh from me.
Krystal X5
Leak: 86.4%
Savvy: 2.1%

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mewtwo: 25%
I don't expect more than 5 pokemon because in Brawl, Mario went down a rep with the removal of clones and I expect Pokemon to go down a rep with the removal of transformations. He also faces alot of competition from Sceptile who I consider more likely with both Game Freak helping with choices and the gen 3 remakes.
His fans piss me off and try and act as if he is the most likely character there and how its a crime to have him removed and how they are entitled to play as a character who was already cut, he was my secondary main in Melee but people need to shut up already and give new pokemon a chance.

Halcandra: 2%
I sadly don't expect more than one new Kirby stage in each version and the Green Greens remix tells me we are getting a happy go lucky Kirby stage.
Yay for Green Greens music, Halberd was a bore to imo.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Halcandara:
Chance: 20%
It's a possibility, but that's it.
Only if metal general shows up!
Mewtwo:
Meh, I'm too lazy to copy and paste my Mewtwo score, just 90% in both.
Noms:
Fawful x1 (Mega Bidoof deserves some help)
Slime x1
Anna x1
Micaiah x1
Frederick AT x1
Predictions:
Leak: 36%
Style Savy: 687,943,769,375 trillion% You don't like this prediction? Too bad, style savy time. Don't worry, I'll give her a fair rating tomorrow...
Actual prediction: .8%

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Mewtwo Chance: 85% Still pretty confident as ever, but the Hoenn remakes do concern me about Mewtwo being on the roster, he's still the frontrunner-up even above Jigglypuff IMO. Then again it might be too late for Sceptile, but it's still up there in the possibility that lowers his chances.
Mewtwo Want: 50% How many times did we rate Mewtwo.

Nominations:
x5 Nintendo Joker

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ugh. I'm annoyed that I missed Layton's day...

(I know it won't count, but...

Layton:

Chance: 11%
While third party, Layton is in a very interesting position. Not only does his creator want him in the game, but he's close enough to Nintendo that he could contact Sakurai and ask. You see, the Professor Layton series is, by my understanding, localized by Nintendo themselves. That's about as close you can get without being named Bandai-Namco.

I'd love to see him...but I'd be very upset if Pac-Man didn't appear alongside him.)

Mewtwo:

One of the most likely characters, but he's not a guarantee.

I want him because he's deserving, but he was terrible in Melee and I already have him in Project M. So meh.

Abstaining on Halcandra.

Predictions:
Gematsu Leak: 77%?
Savvy Stylist: 11%

Nominations: Nintendo Joker x5

(I'll explain him on his day.)

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo

Chance: 95%
The popularity and demand for the character is insane. I'm pretty confident that Sakurai wouldn't turn his back on the fans that have been asking for his return since Brawl.

He's an iconic part of the Pokemon franchise and my favorite Poke of all time.

Halcandra

Abstain

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Ugh. I'm annoyed that I missed Layton's day...

(I know it won't count, but...

Layton:

Chance: 11%
While third party, Layton is in a very interesting position. Not only does his creator want him in the game, but he's close enough to Nintendo that he could contact Sakurai and ask. You see, the Professor Layton series is, by my understanding, localized by Nintendo themselves. That's about as close you can get without being named Bandai-Namco.

I'd love to see him...but I'd be very upset if Pac-Man didn't appear alongside him.)

Mewtwo:

One of the most likely characters, but he's not a guarantee.

I want him because he's deserving, but he was terrible in Melee and I already have him in Project M. So meh.

Abstaining on Halcandra.

Predictions:
Gematsu Leak: 77%?
Savvy Stylist: 11%

Nominations: Nintendo Joker x5

(I'll explain him on his day.)
I'll help you with the nominations, this seems pretty interesting.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mewtwo:

Chance: 50% - This hinges entirely on if we get 6 Pokémon reps or not. If we don't get it, he's not in, Jigglypuff has been of higher priority before and will continue to be so given the circumstances. If there are 6 reps, then Mewtwo is obviously the candidate to fill that spot. I'm putting it as 50/50 because of this, though I'm kind of leaning the negative way, Sakurai doesn't seem to take fan requests as seriously as we'd like him to this time around, judging from half of the newcomer cast being obscurities and Ridley's deconfirmation.

Want: 20% - Unlike most people I don't care about him in Smash. In fact I hate how he plays in Smash, both in Melee and Project M. I'll be happy for everyone that want him if he's in, it's the only reason I'd ever want him in, but since this is based on my own subjective opinion I'm going to keep it low.

Halcandra:

Chance: 50% - It's between this and Another Dimension for RtD stages.

Want: 80% - It's not often I root for certain stages to make it into Smash, but this is one of the cases where I feel this would make an incredibly fun stage, not to mention gorgeous with the Wii U's HD fire effects.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I think we can call the Pikmin 3 trio deconfirmed; one of them, Britney, is a trophy. However, they only got 2.58 in chance and 15.64 in want, so not many of us are surprised or disappointed.

Mewtwo's chances: 75% - Hoenn remakes cause a little doubt, but not much. I still think he's got a decent shot.
Want: 50% - I really don't care anymore.

Halcandra: 10% - It's possible.
Want: 60% - I wouldn't mind it.

Gematsu Leak prediction: 45.29%
Savvy Stylist prediction: 2.43%

Jill x5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Mewtwo:
Chance: 70% - The most wanted character worldwide, and a veteran. Unfortunately, cut from Brawl may affect his status this time around, as Sakurai is pushing for the new and unique (Greninja... BLECH!) But, he's asked for a lot.
Want: 100% - Gimme. NOW!

Halcandra:
Chance: 12% - I see a RtDL stage, just not this one.
Want: 5% - Meh.

Gematsu Leak: 46.78%
Savvy Stylist: 2.36%

Noms:
Tails x5

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Mewtwo
Chance: 98%
There are the miniscule chances that the pokemon roster will cut to 5 or that Sceptile gets the last spot but Mewtwo has it pretty high.
Want:100%
Fan demand

Hallandale
I expect if it is a stage it would be on the wiiU since we already a Kirby Green Greens remix which might be on the 3ds.

Want: 75%
It could be possible it has a boss to it which I'd like.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo
Chance: 65%
+ Veteran
+ Highly Requested
+ Mega-evolution poster boy
+ All dem anime movies
+ Catchable in X/Y
+ Debuted in everyone's favorite generation

- Generations I and VI are already represented
- A bit too similar to Lucario
- Competing with Jigglypuff
- Gamefreak may prefer to push Gen. III.

Want: 40%
If I could only have two more Pokemon reps, it'd be Jigglypuff and Sceptile. If we're getting three more (highly unlikely) then sure- go ahead and toss in Mewtwo. I'm not a fan of his melee moveset, though. And I would prefer for other Pokemon to have a chance at Smash, such as Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, or Gardevoir (I know they're all disconfirmed, but still). I do like Mewtwo, but I'd only be happy with his inclusion if his moveset sees significant altercations.

Halcandra
Want: 40%, I really want a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage.

Nomz: Lanky Kong x5

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i dont think either have a chance

Status