• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If I may ask, why does Zelda have to have only 5 slots? It seems pretty likely it'll get a 6th since Zelda hasn't had a new character in a good while.
If you mean Toon Link, he was more of a replacement of Young Link than an entirely new character.
I don't know about that. Toon Link, even if he was a replacement of sorts for Young Link, was still a new character, and was treated as such. It may not have been something completely unique, but it was a new character, and I don't think he can just be brushed off like that.

andimidna

Smash Master
The last addition to the Zelda cast in Smash that's actually felt new to me was Zelda/ Sheik in Melee. It's been a while.
Young Link is Link, Toon Link is aYoung Link.

Ganondorf almost felt new. And he probably does to most, but I mostly pretend he's not even there. I don't like clones, but the good thing about most of them is that they improve on the original character, and make sense to be a clone of that character. Like Toon Link. But I just can't stand his moveset... And how he's so awfully slow.

I don't get why people stand up for semi clones, and say they're unique, it's not like there's a shortage of possible moves left, we can still have nice things. Just look at all of the unique characters, that can happen again. And I think the Zelda series deserves that, whether its done with Vaati, Ghirahim, or some other Zelda character. The Zelda cast is often filled with clones and low tier characters, and I would hate to see that happen to my favorite series again.
I still think 6 Zelda characters is justifiable.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I don't know about that. Toon Link, even if he was a replacement of sorts for Young Link, was still a new character, and was treated as such. It may not have been something completely unique, but it was a new character, and I don't think he can just be brushed off like that.
As a huge LoZ fan, I can say that the movesets for the characters in the game so far have been borderline insulting, be it the unoriginality with the movesets or the actual playability they possess.

Lets think about this: consistently, LoZ characters have been some of the lowest tiers in the game thus far, with the exception of Shiek and Ganondorf somewhat in melee. That alone means there needs to be some change (I think were getting that with this game.) Improvements need to be made.

The movesets within the franchise are also disappointing. We have 5 characters with only 3 movesets. Thats pretty unacceptable if you ask me, especially since Zelda is one of Nintendos biggest franchises. Granted, what Sakurai did with Ganondorf in Brawl was certainly a step in the right direction, but it only made him even harder to play as (further down the tier list.) Right now we have a Link, Zelda and Shiek moveset in the series, with TL being a copy paste (more or less) of Link and Ganondorf being a semi clone of Cpt Falcon. Its rather disappointing to play as a character that, within his own series, represents Power and corruption and what you get is nit what is expected at all from playing Zelda games.

Frankly, I dont find characters like Toon Link necessary whatsoever because we literally have everything he has within Link. Not that I am against semi clones, but full blown clones are not necessary. They bring nothing new to the table, and the way they have been implemented have been poor thus far. I think the best way to explain this is with a comparison to another big fighting series: Street Fighter. Now, Ken and Ryu are pretty similar, to the point where we could call them clones. The reason why they work in the same game is because they have certain aspects about them that balance out, essentially making them equal. But lets imagine for a second that, for example, Ryu was better than Ken gameplay wise. Who would play as Ken? Nobody, at least no one who knew about it. Point is, that is what happened with Link and TL in Brawl. TL was better, so the question is why bother with Link if he is inferior? It irks me to no end that I will be at a disadvantage simply by picking a different version of the same person.

Also, I dont think Toon Link is really a new character, more of an updated look for Young Link. Yes I know he would have taken some time to make into a character, but I really don't consider him a newcomer in Brawl. At best, I would say he is half of one, being both a clone of Link and a literal replacement for Young Link.

So basically, I personally think that LoZ should be revamped almost entirely. For me, it should be Link, Zelda, Shiek (she has too much Smash relevance to leave) Ganondorf (with a unique moveset) and at least one other. I find it silly that Zelda is considered "complete" when realistically theres only 3 1/2 characters to play as.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Vaati:
Chance: 25%- Just because I believe that we are going to get a Zelda necomer. And he's important.
Want: 75%- He's cool. But I prefer Girahim. But I'd be Fine with him.

Prince Fluff:
Chance: 10%- Just because he was a sidekick Luigi like in ONE game.
Want: 50%-

^^ Self-explanatory.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Vaati Chance: 20%
As I stated many times before, I think a Zelda newcomer is still pretty likely.
Let's take a look at the top contenders:
- Tetra (somewhat popular and recurring) could offer some unique values, but nothing that great)
- Ghirahim (recent/popular; my personal favorite, could use his different swords to offer a unique experience)
- Tingle (recruiting; would be so weird, he is fun to play as, basically screams moveset potential)
- Vaati (recurring; could offer some unique moves, would be the first wind-based fighter)
Out of all of these, I'd say Vaati is in 3rd place, with Tingle in 2nd, and Ghirahim in 1st.
Vaati is recurring, and it would be cool to play as a wind fighter.

Vaati Want: 35%
Could be cool

Prince Fluff Chance: 15%
Kinda recent, would have a unique moveset.
But it's worth noting that all of his moves could be given to Yarn Kirby instead.
Also, he MAY have a role in Yarn Yoshi.

Prince Fluff Want: 50%
Could be cool.
I'm lazy and trying to rush this.

Sheriff Prediction: 10%

MarioKart 8 Stage Prediction: 65%

Nomination: x5 Fawful

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Considering Mario and PKMN are getting newcomers, then I would say there is a good chance of a zelda newcomer
Vaati 35% He the 2nd most recurring villain which gives him some advantages compared to others and he could be unique
Want 60% I would take him over tingle any day but I think ghirahim is a bit more likely than him
Prince Pluff
Chance 5% While he may appear in yarn yoshi he would have to compete against bandana dee for a kirby spot or kamek for the yoshi spot, very unlikely and should already be happy if he gets a trophy
Want 50% I'm indifferent towards him

Groose

Smash Champion
If we do ridley again im going to make sure to post a link to something i made that will change the hearts of people who think ridley is deconfirmed
You've been teasing across multiple threads for a while now. I would like to know. Out with it!

Chandelure and Andimidna said:
Bayonetta
Good idea. I have a feel in that I really, really underestimated her before.

Before I get into rating Vaati, I'd like to reaffirm how I feel about a Zelda newcomer in general. I could definitely see us getting a Zelda character, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we don't. I give a chance of a Zelda newcomer a 49% chance... yet I see no Zelda character as a runaway frontrunner, so all of them have low percentages (Ghirahim the highest at 15%).

Vaati: 5% chanceEverything Vaati has in his favor is done better by another potential Zelda candidate. Vaati is hailed as vein one of the most recurring characters in the franchise, yet Tingle is equally as recurring and has his own games. Vaati is cited as the perfect choice to branch out the "Toon" version of the Zelda cast, but Tetra and Toon Zelda would both fulfill this niche nicely as well, and they were planned for Brawl. Vaati is called an extremely popular villain who isn't Ganondorf, but he is less recent than Ghriahim, and Ghirahim is much more heavily requested for Smash. I give Vaati some consideration based on the fact that he has a lot going for him, but I just don't think he has anything to make him particularly notable in this hunt for a slot.

I did some searching before this rating: have I been swept away in my biases? I rate Ghirahim and Tingle, characters who I support, pretty highly compared (10% and 15%) to guys like Vaati and Impa (5% and 1%), who I would be disappointed by. I've come to the conclusion, however, that this is not the case--I had no issue saying that Midna would never make it despite being the one running her support thread, and I have no issue saying getting one of Toon Zelda or Tetra is as likely as getting Ghirahim despite how much I'd rather have the latter. No, I don't think bias is clouding my view here; I honestly believe the evidence is pretty grim for Vaati's case. But hey, I've been wrong in the past.

Vaati Want: 10%
I was never a big fan of him in the Minish Cap; he's one of the few popular Zelda characters that I just never understood the love for. I do like his "eyeball" form, though, and it would be amazing if it were his Final Smash; I'd have to try him out a couple of times just to see it in action.

Prince Fluff: 5% chance
It's trite at this point, but I have to say it: if he had his own game, he'd be in the 15-25% range. Unfortunately, Kirby stole his title, and he's now just a side character in a side series. I think he stands out enough to be considered, but I doubt they'll jump aboard because he really doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

Prince Fluff Want: 5%
The Yarn would be interesting. That aside, I don't have any connection to him, nor do I know anyone (in real life or on here) that is really into his inclusion; I'd prefer we'd not see him.

Professor Layton x5
"This reminds me of a puzzle..."

DAY OVER

BANDANA DEE WAS HERE

Groose

Smash Champion
Vaati
12.64% chance (was 9.15%)
57.48% want (was 34.30%)

Ghirahim is furious. Outraged. Sick with anger. Vaati, the Minish Menace, has usurped the Demon Lord's title of Most Wanted Zelda Newcomer by a pretty good margin. Vaati's want resurgence actually puts him in eleventh place in want overall; he's above even Dixie and Takamaru now. Sadly, he does not have the position of most likely Zelda character; that honor still lies with Ghirahim.

Prince Fluff
7.21% chance
28.06% want

Yo. @ Chandeelure Chandeelure . You mind hooking me up a pic of Bandana Waddle Dee with Prince Fluff on his spear? I think that would be fitting for this section. Though, to my surprise, Fluff did do OK, and we didn't have another "Deebate."

DRAW! With one ranger down, it's up to the original Sheriff to step in and restore order to this wild, wild roster. Can he pull it out? Also, we're celebrating all things Mario Kart as we discuss the series' upcoming installment and its tracks. Please rate Sheriff and a Mario Kart 8 Stage today. Tomorrow will be most puzzling indeed; we'll be doubling up on third-parties and talking about a gentleman and a ninja. Please predict how Ryu Hayabusa and Hershel Layton will do tomorrow.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yo. @ Chandeelure Chandeelure . You mind hooking me up a pic of Bandana Waddle Dee with Prince Fluff on his spear? I think that would be fitting for this section. Though, to my surprise, Fluff did do OK, and we didn't have another "Deebate."
That would be very weird and hard because Prince Fluff is just yarn :c XD
And about the deebates, don't worry, I don't want more fights about Bandana Dee in this thread....for now, because I will nominate him again before E3 if he is still alive (obviously :awesome:).
Sorry, but I really think he deserves something better u.u

-Sheriff:
Chances: 15%
Want: 20%

-Mario Kart 8 Stage:
Chances: 1%
Want: 50%

-Nominations: Isaac X5

D

Deleted member

Sheriff

Chance: 10%

He seems unlikely, but you never know.

I'm indifferent.

Welcome to Mario Kart 8 Stage

Chance: 60%

+ Mario Kart 8 is the newest installment, so it only makes sense.
-- Why was Mario Kart Wii's Rainbow Road shown in the CG scene in Rosalina's reveal trailer? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

That depends on the track used.

Predictions

Ryu from Street Fighter Hayabusa: 20%
Professor Layton: 40%

Last edited by a moderator:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Sheriff: 5%. The only retro I see is Mach Rider.
Want: 45%. That said, it could be cool.
MK8 Stage: 5%. I don't think the "too late" argument means much, but even still, with a huge amount of other stages to compete with, I doubt it.
Want: 0%. Nothing of interest here.
Mewtwo X5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Vaati: 5% chanceEverything Vaati has in his favor is done better by another potential Zelda candidate. Vaati is hailed as vein one of the most recurring characters in the franchise, yet Tingle is equally as recurring and has his own games. Vaati is cited as the perfect choice to branch out the "Toon" version of the Zelda cast, but Tetra and Toon Zelda would both fulfill this niche nicely as well, and they were planned for Brawl. Vaati is called an extremely popular villain who isn't Ganondorf, but he is less recent than Ghriahim, and Ghirahim is much more heavily requested for Smash. I give Vaati some consideration based on the fact that he has a lot going for him, but I just don't think he has anything to make him particularly notable in this hunt for a slot.

I did some searching before this rating: have I been swept away in my biases? I rate Ghirahim and Tingle, characters who I support, pretty highly compared (10% and 15%) to guys like Vaati and Impa (5% and 1%), who I would be disappointed by. I've come to the conclusion, however, that this is not the case--I had no issue saying that Midna would never make it despite being the one running her support thread, and I have no issue saying getting one of Toon Zelda or Tetra is as likely as getting Ghirahim despite how much I'd rather have the latter. No, I don't think bias is clouding my view here; I honestly believe the evidence is pretty grim for Vaati's case. But hey, I've been wrong in the past.
Refrain from arguing with him Scatman, deep breaths, deep breaths.

But hey! Vaati's the most wanted Zelda newcomer. Seems like I've been rubbing in on this site. :laugh:

Anyways...
Sheriff
Chance:10%
Sheriff is definitely a good choice for a retro newcomer and he was Miyamoto's first character. He could also be unique in a G&W sense, being the only character made up of pixels. However, his competition is what does bring him down, as he's usually overshadowed by Takamaru, Mach Rider, and Lip.
Want:30%
I used to support him back in my early speculation period on Youtube, but I really don't care either way anymore.

Mario Kart 8 Stage
Chance:62%
With how large of a release Mario Kart 8 will be, it seems that a stage would fit.
Want:30%
I already got Rainbow Road. I really don't care what else we get from Mario Kart, unless it's the Mario Kart 8 remake of the N64 Rainbow Road.

D

Deleted member

I'm... speechless by Vaati's increase in chance.

Sheriff and Mario Kart 8 stage have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Sheriff before, check to see what you've said on his day!

Sheriff
Chance:
5%

Good thing he's here... no... anyone?
Well... at least Sakurai knows about him via the trophy in Melee. He could qualify as a historical character since he has existed longer than every single fighter.
I have nothing to say on him since nothing has changed. Can he do it? Can he get added on the roster? I dunno. Just don't drop your guards if he gets added! But we mustn't be careless and we must not be reckless. That sort of thing would be amateurish.
Not bad... not bad at all.
Yeah, it would be cool if he got in, but I wouldn't care if he did. My want is the exact same.
(random Xenoblade quotes; we rated Sheriff the exact same day where we re-rated Shulk after all)

Mario Kart 8 Stage
Chance:
50%

Honestly, I can see this go either way.
I expect us to get a Mario Kart stage on both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. Since we have a Mario Kart stage on the 3DS, that leaves the Wii U version.
I can see them put in a track as a stage from this game, but it's also possible that they might choose something from Mario Kart Wii. As such, I find such a thing 50/50.
I love Mario Kart, but I am worried with how they would handle this stage. The Mario Kart stage in Brawl was pretty disappointing. So, I can't say that I would be excited for something like this.

Ryu Hayabusa Prediction: .20%
There is little interest for Ryu and the fact that he is more well-known than Goemon will at least put him behind several third parties.
Professor Layton Prediction: 6.94%
If Groose's intentions were to lower his chance than to raise his want, then I expect to see that happen here.

Nominations: Gematsu Leak is Real 5x

I don't want more fights about Bandana Dee in this thread....for now, because I will nominate him again before E3 if he is still alive (obviously :awesome:).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sheriff Chance: 10%
He is pretty important to Nintendo History (Miyamoto's first game if I remember correctly), and would be a cool historical character will a bit of WTF to him.
Though there are many retroes that are more likely than him.
Personally, I think Duck Hunt Dog is taking the retro spot.

Sheriff Want: 70%
You gotta admit, he would be pretty awesome.

MK8 Stage Chance: 70%
MK8 is gonna be one of the biggest WiiU games, and Nintendo is well aware of that.
Considering brawl got a MarioKart stage (based off of MKWii), I'd be a bit surprised if WiiU didn't get a MK8 one.

MK8 Stage Want: 80%
Could work kinda like Big Blue in Melee's Adventure Mode, with the cars sometimes driving on the ceiling occasionally.

Ryu Hayubasa Prediction: 20%
He has too much competition, and IMO he can't fit in with Smash.
But that won't stop people from overrating him.

Professor Layton Prediction: 45%
I wannit now! Gimme da jentallman!

Nomination: X5 Fawful (HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PEOPLE!)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post has been updated. I won't be rating yet, though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Sheriff:
Chance: 5%
Want: 0%
No interest what-so-ever.

MK8 Stage:
Chance: 75%
Want: 90%
I'd love to see another Mario Kart stage.

Predictions:
Ryu Hayabusa: 1.12%
Prof. Layton: 7.2%

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Sheriff Chance: 5%
I have never even heard of this person. Which admitedly isn't saying much, as I hadn't heard of Ice Climbers/Marth/Roy/Ness/Lucas/etc. when they were put in Smash. He is a historic character that could fit into the historical niche made by G&W and ROB in the games they debuted in. But, there are many, many more popular retro characters, and Sheriff isn't nearly as significant as G&W and ROB. I don't think he's impossible, but I would be surprised to see him.

Sheriff Want: 0%
Never heard of him, and looking him up I don't see the appeal.

Mario Kart 8 Stage Chance: 80%
Along with Smash, the big "system seller" for the Wii U, will almost certainly get representation in the Wii U version. We've gotten several Mario Kart items this time around, but have yet to see a stage. I'm not entirely sure which stage they would use, and I only have it at 20% as it's possible that they might have a Mario Kart Wii Stage instead. But 8 is much more likely to be repped.

Want: 60%
Honestly depends on what stage they use.

Ryu Predictions: 5%
This should be 0% (but its a prediction), as it is almost impossible for Ryu to get in. Why you ask? Because Sakurai has stated that he doesn't want to put in fighting game characters. (http://nintendoeverything.com/why-sakurai-isnt-keen-on-adding-fighting-characters-to-smash-bros/) That, combined with Pacman being the most likely Namco character by a long shot, means, in my eyes, that Ryu has no chance of getting added whatsoever.
EDIT: Wrong Ryu -_-

Professor Layton Predictions: 10%
I doubt Layton's chances as well, but he is still in the realm of possibility. Biggest problem with Layton is that he hasn't made much of a name for himself. Sakurai has stated that he isn't going to let just any 3rd party character into his game, and Layton just doesn't seem important enough to get in. He simply has to much competition, Namco, Konami, Square, Ubisoft, they all have higher chances of getting a representative in then Level-5.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mr. Jack (Sheriff):

Meet Nintendo's first true protagonist. Although not technically from Nintendo's first video game (that honor goes to the EVR Racer), Sheriff was the first game to have fleshed out characters, with Mr. Jack as the protagonist. He is the first character created by the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto and the granddaddy to even Mr. Game and Watch.

Pros:
+ One of the most important Historical characters.
+ Sakurai said he enjoys revitalizing series through smash.
+ Could be unique as the first sprite-based character
+ Widely appealing design?

Cons:
- Another historical character is far from guaranteed.
- Faces serious competition from Daitoryo and Diskun, among others.
- Realistic firearm as a weapon. Would need redesigned.
- Space is limited enough that he might get in the way of a more popular choice, ala R.O.B. in Brawl.

While Mr. Jack has seniority to even the likes of Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B., he has his fair share of hurdles to overcome to make it into Smash. While possible, he's nowhere near likely.

Chance: 6.5%

Want: 70%
I'd love to see him...but I'd be sour about him getting in over Daitoryo.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Sheriff
Chance 5% - as retro as it gets.
Want 0% - ugh, an unequivocally no from me. With so many creative and original potential characters for inclusion under our belt he's as low as possible in my want list.

-MK8 stage
Chance 90%
Want 100% what's not exciting about a fast-paced high-adrenaline stage? (if it turns out to be like this)

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Sheriff
Chance- 5%
It's too bad I didn't write this earlier so I would have looked like I was setting the 5% Bandwagon rather than jumping on it. I'm not going to say anything longer since I've already seen another go up since I started writing this post......
Want- 30%
Ehh... meh... err... maybe? Probably not.

Mario Kart 8 Stage
Chance- 30%
I think the game probably came too late.
Want- 95%
Courses for the game look promising, and it would be good advertising without being obnoxious.

Nominations:
Crono x5
I'm interested in his want, not his chance.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sheriff:

Chance: 5%. From what I've learned about this game, it's really obscure Nintendo history. The difference between this guy and the previous unexpected/retro characters like ROB or Mr. Game & Watch is that they have a lot more merit; they are actually well-known, or represent something well-known. Sheriff is just a really old game, one that's actually quite unpopular with those who have played it. So I can't see this happening, especially when his moveset would amount to nothing more than shooting.
Want: 0%. I don't see the merits of adding such an obscure character when we don't know if some of our favorite veterans are back. I don't think he's really worthy of more than a trophy.

Mario Kart 8 Stage

Chance: 20%. Believe it or not, I can't see this happening. There's nothing that would make a Mario Kart 8 stand out on it's own; the popularity of MK8's stages comes from it's retro stages. Maybe there will be a Mario Circuit or some generic MK stage derived from Mario Kart 8, but I don't really see why this is a priority.
Want: 40% I don't really care.

----------

Ryu Prediction: 2%. As in the Street Fighter Ryu? Isn't that pretty much impossible?
edit: Nevermind, checked the OP. Still.

Professor Layton Prediction: 10%. While subsequent third-parties are unlikely, it could happen seeing as he's quite popular and has close ties to Nintendo.

----------
Nominations:

Anna x5

@ andimidna andimidna You should have saved a nomination for Anna!

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Mario Kart 8 Stage:

Chance: 75%
I don't think being too late is even a thing. Brawl was a mess with scattered developers, whatever. Melee had Roy, so that means there can be a Mario Kart 8 stage that's a clone of MK7 Rainbow Road, but with fire.
I'd fight on that.
Want: 99%
Uh, yea. Let's see... my favorite track so far is... well...
I don't know.
But I'd like a Wario reveal with Mount Wario as a stage on the 30th, if possible. :D
My favorite course is probably N64 Rainbow Road, and because it is a retro track, and has existed on a home console game for years, I think it's very possible, and makes sense, plus the new Rainbow Road is a bit bland. Gimme 64 with floating trains and fireworks of the playable characters.
Or maybe the Sunshine Airport, it could have that room with the list of all of the stages, a plane section that works like the Pilotwings stage, and could add some more references to the main Mario games. I like it.
Might as well just make a stage that revolves through all 32 tracks in the game. :smirk:

Sheriff:
Here's what I'm thinking--
Chance of Historical Newcomer: 90%
-Daitoryo: 27%
-Sheriff: 14%
-Wild Gunman: 14%
-A character that's so "out there" I can't even think of the possibility of them being playable: 34%
-Other: 1% (Can't think of any at the moment)

Wait... Wild Gunman isn't historical, is he? I mean... Ice Climbers, Bubbles, and Mach Rider aren't considered that way, so I guess he wouldn't either since their games all came out around the same time.

This is what I'm thinking--
Chance of Historical Newcomer: 85%
-Daitoryo: 29%
-Sheriff: 19%
-A character that's so "out there" I can't even think of the possibility of them being playable: 37%

Of the 3, he's the more popular and well-known choice, but that's not necessarily the best quality for an obscure, historical representative.
I think Daitoryo is the perfect pick for the spot he'd fill, but I'm open to Sakurai finding something even crazier.

So I give Sheriff a 19% chance.
And a 70% want.
I'm kind of rooting for him, but I want Daitoryo now.

Predictions:
Ryu: 1.5%
Basically deconfirmed, but there's always the generosity from people who round up (like me)
Layton: 13%
too layt for uuu!

Noms:
x1 Krystal (only character in our top 30 that's left and hasn't been rated since the direct or very recently)
x1 Jill
x1 Savvy Stylist
x2 Bayonetta

Last edited:

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Sheriff
Chance: 15%
I think Dillon makes him a tad more likely, and we all expect a Retro rep.

Mario Kart 8 stage
Chance: 20%
Want: 70%

Nominations:
Veteran downgraded x5 (@ Groose Groose I noticed that the nominations list has "Veteran downgraded to AT" and "Veteran downgraded to Assist Trophy" as two separate entries. I think the intention is the same, and I think to make it more general it should included bosses. So the concept is, a veteran of the series is cut from being playable, but is downgraded to an Assist trophy or Boss)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Sheriff Likelihood: 3.5%
Want: 45%

MK8 Stage Likelihood: 33%
Want: 90%

Ryu: 2.1%
Layton: 11.85%

Halcandra Stage x5

D

Deleted member

Sheriff

Chance: 5% - Stiff competition by Takamaru, Mach Rider, & Lip.

Want: 20% - Meh, I don't really care for him anymore.

Mario Kart 8 stage

Chance: 50% - Could go either way & given the Wii U version of Smash is getting more development time than the 3DS...I think it seems likely that there is room to put in a Mario Kart 8 stage or if that doesn't happen, they'll go with Mario Kart Wii

Want: 50% - Was dissappointed in how it was handled in Brawl, heres hoping they make it better...also it depends on what the stage will be (I don't have any personal favorites as of now)

Nomination: The Gematsu leak is real x 5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Sheriff: 10% He has a chance because he is the oldest possible character in nintendo's history that makes sense.
Want: 95% I am all for easy to develop retros with significant history to nintendo.

Mario Kart 8 Stage: 50% I could see it.
Want: 25% meh.

Ryu: 2.09%
Layton 6.62%

x5 Zip

In news for the music section: I will now be updating the section every sunday. I also need help with finding music for Jack Frost, Balloon Fighter, and Sheriff. If anyone has anything for them, please post them. ( I already have Balloon Trip for the Balloon Fighter)

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Sheriff: 3.5%
Retro possibilities, but despite his setting he's too similar to G&W, and doesn't suit updating as then he's just not the character we wanted.

For western heroes it was Dillon or Bust.

Mario Kart 8 Stage: 35%
I'm not sold that it's too new, especially given that the Wii U version comes out later, but the gravity mechanics may be difficult enough for them to pretend it is even if it isn't. As much as I'd love to fight on the wall (Damn you unreleased PSASBR gravity rush stage giving me the idea), I think it could end up interacting poorly with Spacial Rend Pokéball and Majora's Mirror AT.

Want: 60%
As I said, fighting on the wall... but equally I could see just the background moving, and the battlefield staying flat, which would be extremely disappointing!

Ryu Hayabusa: 3.33%
Bayonetta got 3.03%, and there's no denying that Ryu is more legendary. And while it's true Platinum does want to go second party, Tecmo are also extremely close to Nintendo and are making two second party games already (Fatal Frame and Zelda Musou)... They previously made Other:M for pity sake (yes, it sucked, but the point remains), and this was before the IP openess they decided on because of the Wii U's poor sales. Nintendo and the TK Family have really good ties right now, and Ryu is a surprisingly good contender for any third party slots... but he certainly has issues, and I think most will rate him far lower just because of his 18 rated heritage.

Layton: 11.1%
That said, Layton still has the upper hand over most. We know he's been teased before, even if jokingly, and the owner wants him in. The issues he stands are lack of 'legendary' status, but he's about as close as you can get given he only appeared last gen. He's a system seller, his games appeal to a wide crowd, and Level-5 are a good group to have as friends, expecially as Yokoi Watch and Inazuma Eleven are doing so well. He's pretty popular on this board, and I think we'll see a more balanced rating.

Slime*5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll have to congratulate Scatman here. His Vaati propaganda actually worked. Well done, man, well done.

Sheriff: 8%
He is hailed as one of Nintendo's earliest characters, but that's all he has going for him, and honestly don't think it means much. Other retros like Takamaru, Lip, and others are more popular and offer more in terms of moveset. Dillon, who could carry over some of his traits was discomfirmed too.

I think he's a pretty bland and disappointing pick for a retro.

Mario Kart 8 stage: 15%
Seems plausible, though faces competition from Mario Kart Wii. The anti-gravity and underwater sections could lead to some interesting stages.

Want: 95%
I was blown away by the race courses in MK8. Have you seen its Rainbow Road? The stages could be really unique and interesting, and look breathtaking as well.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
His Vaati propaganda actually worked.
Considering Ghirahim's thread is three times larger than Vaati's, I'd say there may a little more to it :)
Sherrif: 2%
I honestly do not believe we will be getting a retro rep this time, and if we do he'll be named Takamaru.
Want: 40%
Indifferent.
Mk8 stage:
Chance:60%
We have 3 Zelda stages, why not 2 Mario kart stages? It's certainally an important series.
Want: 100%
I'm not getting the 3ds version, and the kart stage was really popular with my friends back in brawl.
Predictions:
Ryu:4.5%
Layton: 3 Hint coins 9.4%
:troll:Nominating Style Savvy x10:troll:

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sheriff's chances: 5% - I doubt it.
Want: 0% - Still don't care for the idea.

MK8 stage: 20% - If we get a Mario Kart stage for the Wii U version I find it more likely that it'll be from Kart Wii.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Ryu prediction: 0.92%
Layton prediction: 8.70%

Jill x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe I'm blind, but this thread reeeeeaaaaally needs to have all the pictures used for characters' presentation assembled somewhere in the first page.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

Sheriff (I'm pretty much just going to copy and paste what I wrote last time with a few edits)
Chance: 3% - He may be older than Game & Watch, but he didn't have anywhere near the same impact on Nintendo's emergence into the video game industry that the Game & Watch handhelds did. Even we were to assume that a "historical" character was going to get in, it would have to be a character of significant history.
Want: 0% - He existed in a time before video game developers thought artistic design was important, and it shows. He design is way too generic with not much separating him from the many cartoon cowboys found in children's media. If he were to get in, he would probably need a huge design overhaul like the one Pit got in Brawl.

Mario Kart 8 stage
Chance: 30% - It would make sense for the Wii U version, but it may be too recent.
Want: 50% - Completely neutral here.

Ryu prediction: 0.3%
Professor Layton prediction: 4.7%

Nominations: Captain Toad x5

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Sheriff - 5%
uh. . . he's old, practically the grandfather of mr. game & watch (who is the grand father of all other characters) that's about it really, he's not really big to Nintendo at all, I guess sakurai can pull him out of no where with an redesign, but i'm not counting n it
want - 50%
neutral
Mario kart 8 stage - 13.75%
it is in the realm of possibility, but there's an lot of other stages, along with the fact that's its very recent and that an Mario kart stage already exists (yes I know its on the 3ds version, I still consider that a negative)
want - 55%
more or less depends on the track, but i'll be moderately interested in it
Ryu - 2.27%
most are just going to throw out a one, others may give a five the rest zeros
Layton - 7.48%
I don't know
nominations:
the pirate ship (legend of Zelda)X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, that's enough Daitoryo tears for now, I suppose.

I would have preferred Angry Daitoryo myself

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't see how Daitoryo isn't the perfect historical choice. It's seems so crazy, but also perfectly in line with Game and Watch and ROB. It's not a fighter, it's a big part of Nintendo's history, the most retro it gets, almost nobody is considering it. Huh... I want to nominate him next round.
He seems so unlikely, but after thinking about it, it seems like something Sakurai would add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom