• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Lucas
Chance - 80% - An iconic protagonist, with lots of moveset potencial (actually not used and unseen by many ones). And he made us believe that Ness was cut in pre Brawl era.
Want - 100% - Mother S2 :)

Wolf
Chance - 90% - An important villain and the more unique of the starfox trio.
Want - 100% - My second main.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
This isn't the thread to discuss them, though.
I know just sayin. Sorry about that. :[

yes please, I hope Nintendo has a secret Star Fox/Mother game planned to announce at E3.

also Seattle nice, northwest reppin, best coast. Hope you're going to Northwest Majors
I hope so as well c;
Seattle all day. Washington all day till I die yo <3

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lucas

Chance - 88% - Yeah, keeping my old score. Nothing has happended to change my oppinion, so yeah, he's quite likely.

Want - 99% - Hey, change a few moves here and there and I doupt he even will qualify for Semi-clone status.

Wolf

Chance - 92% - Back to the Pre-Lucario scores. Ah well, I'm still fairly confident in his return.

Want - 100% - Still rather Anti-cut. I just can't bring myself to want it to any charater in particular.

Predctions

N - 0.01% - Ha. What lucky timing.

No more unexpected characters - 38% - Hm. This is a very confusing title. This is what we are rating, right @BluePikmin11?

Burigu

Smash Ace
Lucas
Chances: 45% only because he is a veteran
Want: 50% I am indiferent toward him and for me Ness is good enough

Wolf
Chances: 45% the same as above veteran status, I agree in I would cut Falco and not Wolf because he is more different, but still a semiclone
Want: 35% don't hate me please, I don't have a conection to Star Fox series

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Just thought I'd point out before tomorrow stars that there are only 31 days (if I counted right) of nominations to go before E3 max, probably less as I expect we'll have a special few days before E3... that doesn't leave much time to vote on things; gotta spend your nominations wisely guys! You might want to start planning!

I plan to go all out third party and get the two vaguely (and only vaguely) sensible options we've yet to get to voted on (How have we not vote on Spyro or Ryu Hayabusa?!) and of course Slime... depends on how the nomination list is re-calculated if I'll be able to get anything else done...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Lucas - 95%
I don't see any reason why Lucas would be cut other than being a semi clone that shares too few similarities. mother 3 still holds strong impact in japan just like earthbound over here in the states.
also unsure this is correct but I think I did hear somewhere that the original plan was for Lucas to replace ness, if that is true I find it almost impossible why Lucas would be cut yet ness to remain (and well he's basically a guaranteed)
want - 90%
another character I would be fine with cut but yet wouldn't understand why he would be. Lucas would represent the video game cult fraction of japan, seeming sense mother 3 is a big deal, and at the same time ness would represent the American video game cult fraction, since earthbound Is a bigger deal. having these two just represents an amount of the east and/vs. west. at least that's how I imagine it a bit
Wolf O'Donnell - 90%
i'm still heavily positive he'll return, he's a villain something people make a big deal in the smash series, and he actually is more unique compared to Falco, people seem to think he'll be cut because of being a clone but looking at his playstyle and another other move besides B and the FS he's actually boderlines being a pseudo clone (false clone)
want - 100%
1: i'm anti cut
2: I like wolves if you couldn't tell
3: starfox is my favorite video game franchise and he is my favorite character
4: I love his playstyle and moveset in brawl, and pretty sure he borderlines as my most played character in the game
5: those quotes mate, those quotes
wolf is hand downs my favorite character in the game, and would dang be near saddened to see him gone (but yet still sadly buy the game because i'm a Nintendo fan and its smash bros)
N - 0%
doomed
only popular characters (from this point on apparently) - 7.65%
after all we've seen we can concur one thing, we don't know anything except the outmost obvious

Morbi

Scavenger
This game runs on fallacious notions with arbitrary justifications, though.

For example:

Lucas
Chance: 80%

Popular character considering his Japan only status, Sakurai has a bit of a liking of the series, Mother fans seem to prefer him to Ness from what I've seen. Still in the danger zone though due to semi clone status and being one of the more obvious cuts.

Want: 20%
Not a huge fan of Japan only games, and being british we only just got Ness' game officially last year. Like 14 years after he debuted in SSB 64. Have absolutely no connection to Lucas at all so honestly wouldn't miss him if he randomly vanished off the roster. As long as we get Ness, I don't see a reason we NEED Lucas I guess.

Wolf
Chance: 80%

One of the more obvious cuts, semi clone, last character to make it into Brawl pretty much...BUT...he's far different from Fox and Falco, and seems to have been planned(like Lucas) for Melee originally.

Want: 100%
My favourite spacie. Feels less cloney than the other semi clones, which was especially impressive considering many felt he was a rushed last minute character.

PREDICTIONS:
N

0.00002%

N is for No. Trainer appears to be cut, what hope does this secondary trainer have really?

All popular Newcomers:
3%

Ridley's already out according to many on Smashboards. Chances we get Isaac, Bandana Dee, Chrom, Palutena, King K. Rool AND Dixie are slim...not as slim as N's chances, but still unlikely.
The only problem? None of those are semi-clone characters. Not only that, but most of their similarities would probably be altered in Smash 4. Just like Melee clones were drastically altered in Brawl. Let us pretend that they are semi-clones for a second, that isn't even material. That is something that fans attribute to cuts because Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario set the precedent. No one actually discerns why those characters left, or why the got in. Toon Link is about as "clone" as it gets, he was one of the first revealed characters. Sakurai doesn't care if characters share a few moves, that is why semi-clones exist. Charizard isn't solo because Pokemon Trainer was a clone. He is logically cutting characters, not cutting fan favorites because they share less than five moves.

You can have your opinion; it just isn't one that is supported by objective fact.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The only problem? None of those are semi-clone characters. Not only that, but most of their similarities would probably be altered in Smash 4. Just like Melee clones were drastically altered in Brawl. Let us pretend that they are semi-clones for a second, that isn't even material. That is something that fans attribute to cuts because Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario set the precedent. No one actually discerns why those characters left, or why the got in. Toon Link is about as "clone" as it gets, he was one of the first revealed characters. Sakurai doesn't care if characters share a few moves, that is why semi-clones exist. Charizard isn't solo because Pokemon Trainer was a clone. He is logically cutting characters, not cutting fan favorites because they share less than five moves.

You can have your opinion; it just isn't one that is supported by objective fact.
I would argue that Wolf isn't a semi clone but Lucas is.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Lucas: :lucas:
Chances: 55%
--- As a veteran, he has to have a solid chance at returning, but except for :ivysaur: and :squirtle: I wouldn't put any brawl vet lower than him. someone has to go, I think it would be him.

Want: 5%
--- All 5% of that is for a friend of mine who mains him. Otherwise, don't really want to see him return. Truth.

Wolf: :wolf:
Chances: 95%
--- I don't see anyone from the :fox: trio being cut. Wolf is too unique and important to Starfox, the series. :falco: is too popular and iconic to the Smash series. Neither can go, both must stay.

Want: 85%
--- Really fun to use. He was probably around the bottom of my secondaries so, yeah. AAAOOOOWWW!

N:Chances: 0.002%Want: 1% --- I'll take him if they confirm fan theories and make him a Zoroark.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Lucas: I would say 59.171%
Mostly, could go either way. I can easly see that Mother could get two reps. Seeing that it is especially more important to Sakurai to include second protagonists above any other character (...literally every series; Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Starfox, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem--) and I think this is a ridiculous protocol, but- it is his desire, and so it shall be.
The question for me is really, WILL Mother get a second rep? Depends how many charcters are on this roster. If we really are going smaller, I'd say he should be one of the first ones cut from the old game.

Want: Him to be an alt costume

Wolf: Chance of 45%
Falco is more important, for no reason. Having both Falco and Wolf makes Fox play somewhere between the two, to an extent, and less special. Falco and Wolf are much more opposing in playstyles, but, so be it.

Want: over Falco, fully, but with him? 40 percent

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucas:

Chance: 80%. Sakurai detests cuts, and Lucas is a beloved character, but if there's some required space, or there's not enough time, he might have to go.

Want: 100%. I don't like him, but I would not like it at all if he was cut.

Wolf:

Chance: 90%. As I said before, Sakurai hates cuts, and unlike Lucas, he is an almost entirely unique character. His character is an archetype that's never been featured in Smash Bros before, and is a Star Fox villain, so I couldn't see him getting cut ever.

Want: 100%. Never played Star Fox before. But I hate cuts, and Wolf is a bad ass.

edit: Didn't know that word wasn't censored on here!

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Lucas

Chance: 75%
His slight differences from Ness give him an edge, and he was supposed to be in Melee.

One of my mains. I found him easier to use than Ness.

Wolf

He is in the same situation as Lucas. Both characters are the Luigi to Ness and Fox's Marios (with Wolf being more of a Luigi than Falco). However, the one thing I could see standing in his way is the initial backlash over him being seen as "yet another Star Fox clone".

Want: 60%
I never really cared for him, but it would be a shame if he got removed.

D

Deleted member

also unsure this is correct but I think I did hear somewhere that the original plan was for Lucas to replace ness,
This was confirmed by Sakurai; when developing Melee, they had considered replacing Ness with Lucas, but because Mother 3 was delayed again, they decided not to go through with it. This is completely false in the case of Brawl, however.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
This was confirmed by Sakurai; when developing Melee, they had considered replacing Ness with Lucas, but because Mother 3 was delayed again, they decided not to go through with it. This is completely false in the case of Brawl, however.
I was thinking melee I didn't add it because I wasn't certain, thanks for confirming it mate

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Lucas

Even though Western popularity is being taken into consideration (i.e. Little Mac), Japanese popularity also plays a major role. Mother 3 was very popular in Japan, and the series maintains a cult following in the west.

The Earthbound series is one of my favorite RPG series of all time, and Ness and Lucas both have unique and interesting playstyles. It just wouldn't feel like Smash Bros without them. I would like to seem him decloned a little, but I doubt it'd be that hard.

Wolf

Chance: 55%
I would be shocked if both Falco and Wolf stayed. His inclusion in Brawl alone felt very forced alongside two other Star Fox reps. One of them is going to go, and Wolf had a lot more effort put into his moveset.

Want: 80%
Wolf is much better addition than Falco in my opinion. Falco is still pretty much a clone, Wolf feels very original.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Lucas Chance: 45%
Lucas Want: 100%

I would love to see Lucas return in Smash 4, because even though he had a lot of the same moves as Ness, he felt completely different in playstyles due to the changes to the way the moves work (like PK Thunder). That being said, I feel as though customizable movesets mostly killed Lucas' chances, as the things that made Lucas' specials unique (PK Freeze, straight aerial PK Fire, different PK Thunder) can now just simply be given to Ness. While Mother 3 is fairly popular in Japan, I feel as though customizable movesets made him somewhat irrelevant.

Wolf Chance: 75%
Wolf Want: 100%

Out of the three spacies in Brawl, I definitely enjoyed Wolf the most due to the fact that he actually felt different and more melee-oriented. Falco is still pretty much a clone of Fox with a few varied moves, and to me feels too similar. That being said, I don't want Falco or Wolf cut, but rather just differentiated a bit more. Wolf wouldn't need too much change to be an even more unique character, so I still want him back. He's a villain, so that's another plus.

andimidna

Smash Master
Lucas chance: 85%
Lucas want: 20%

Wolf chance: 85%
Wolf Want: 20%

They'll be back. But meh. I'd rather have unlikely, unique characters like Porky, Masked Man, and Krystal.
The only reason I didn't give them a 0 was that I don't want to see many people end up being disappointed with the roster...
And these 2 have their fans, so it's best they return.
But for me... I can just play as Fox, Falco, and Ness and notice just about no significant differences...
When I play as them, it feels the same, and the moves have almost the same affect with slight tweaks.
People say their not semi-clones when people request something more unique... but just look at all 6 newcomers so far, and how diverse each is with completely different moves and gimmicks... seems much more appealing to me. The reflector is kicked instead of staying put? Yay...?

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Lucas Chance: 85%
I think he will return. He was a semi-clone, but he was different enough and there are not really any other Mother characters to replace him. That said, if time restraints are happening then I believe he is on the list of fighters to be cut due to being Japan only and being a semi-clone

Lucas Want: 95%
I'm anti-cut, but I have no personal attachment to him.

Wolf Chance: 95%
Wolf was one of the last added to Brawl. However, he had a more unique moveset than earlier developed Falco. With the changes some of the veterans have, I imagine that the space trio will be further decloned. He is important to Star Fox, being the leader of Star Wolf and the only main villain with playable potential (Poor Andross)

Want : 100%
He is different enough, and one of my friends is a huge Star Fox fan and loves playing as Wolf.

Last edited:

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Lucas chance: 85%
Lucas want: 20%

Wolf chance: 85%

They'll be back. But meh. I'd rather have unlikely, unique characters like Porky, Masked Man, and Krystal.
The only reason I didn't give them a 0 was that I don't want to see many people end up being disappointed with the roster...
And these 2 have their fans, so it's best they return.
But for me... I can just play as Fox, Falco, and Ness and notice just about no significant differences...
When I play as them, it feels the same, and the moves have almost the same affect with slight tweaks.
People say their not semi-clones when people request something more unique... but just look at all 6 newcomers so far, and how diverse each is with completely different moves and gimmicks... seems much more appealing to me. The reflector is kicked instead of staying put? Yay...?
I totally understand Fox and Falco, but Ness and Lucas are substantially different gameplay wise. Their specials may be similar, but they're literally the only thing the same (ok, maybe side smash a bit). Ness is an aerialist with godly air moves with so-so ground ability, Lucas is the opposite. I would like to see their specials differentiated a bit more, but for the most part they're good with me.

I got nothing for Fox and Falco.

andimidna

Smash Master
I totally understand Fox and Falco, but Ness and Lucas are substantially different gameplay wise. Their specials may be similar, but they're literally the only thing the same (ok, maybe side smash a bit). Ness is an aerialist with godly air moves with so-so ground ability, Lucas is the opposite. I would like to see their specials differentiated a bit more, but for the most part they're good with me.

I got nothing for Fox and Falco.
That's sort of what I meant when talking about the 6 newcomers.
Sure, Lucas is a bit lighter than Ness (I think) and their focus on air vs ground is a bit altered...
But it's nothing compared to what we could be getting
Compare Peach and Zelda
Compare Rosalina and Samus
Compare Pit and Olimar
Compare Little Mac and Villager
Compare Wii Fit Trainer and Charizard
Compare Greninja and Sheik
Compare Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff
Compare Mega Man and Mr. Game & Watch

They have all different moves. Characters don't have to be similar at all. I don't get why people act like a curved move that's lighter/heavier/better range means you can't even call the character a semi-clone. Being somewhat different but not having a fully unique set of moves is exactly what semi-clone is supposed to mean...

I'd disagree with anyone that calls a character in Brawl a 100% clone though.
Even Toon Link has a different side aerial... I think. And he's lighter.
But that's nothing when you compare the other Zelda characters to each other.

Groose

Smash Champion
The update will be tomorrow. It'll be a big one, so I'd rather tackle it on a Friday evening than late on a Thursday night. Until then, keep on rating!

And keep it clean, hmm?

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Here's my take:
Lucas :lucas::
Want: 90%
Chance: 50%

I honestly liked Lucas, he is a semi-clone, and he could easily replaced by Paula (but what are the chances of that). But, there is something about Lucas, he just...fits in with the rest. Hey, the developers could even change his moveset a little.
His chances however, i'm not to sure about. I was starting to lean towards no cuts, with :lucario: and :toonlink: confirmed, but then there's (:pt:) I honestly don't know with these, Sakurai and his devolpers are quite pesky.

Wolf :wolf::
Want: 75%

Wolf was cool and all, I enjoyed playing as him, but I feel like he isn't as ... Iconic as the other two. (my opinion, don't attack me) But all-in-all, I want Wolf back, I honestly hope there are no more cuts. But these two, i'm not too sure about. So i'll just say 50% for both :D

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Lucas
Chance 95%
Want 50%
Sakurai is fan of Mother series and has little biased to should he in or not.

Wolf
Chance 95%
Want 80%
He's more important than Falco to Star Fox series and I couldn't see two-time veteran getting a free pass (save original 12) when he's less important to Star Fox series... plus Sakurai considered Wolf over Falco in Melee but felt too clone-y to Fox so Falco got free pass for that one. Now that Wolf is in Brawl and he doesn't feel any more clone to Fox, in fact, he's even less of a clone than Falco does. He's now basically 2nd rep next to Fox.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Dillon, a character we had at 17% got disconfirmed tonight. Our initial rating of him was up at around 30%... not promising.

His model looks pretty good.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That was one way to end the post direct ratings, huh?

A classic disconfirmation.

Sakurai/10.

D

Deleted member

Instead of revealing Meta Knight for Kirby Triple Deluxe, Sakurai decided to kill off yet another character with Dillon. Well, at least our 17.70% chance didn't look too bad. Though, it sucks when people wanted him with a 50.37% want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Though, it sucks when people wanted him with a 50.37% want.
A lot of that want came from his design, and they did a great job making him look awesome as an AT so it's a little softened. Still sad, but yeah.

I'm most disapointed that we can't get a trailer for him, he would make a great character, but a Dillon trailer would be hype! If they come out with a few more games of his in the mean-time I can see him being a big contender for the next game though, and that'd be awesome! Maybe next time old chap!

Also big update, oooh!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Lucas:

Chance: 65%
The possibility of Ness getting his moves as customizable parts of his moveset are the main reason he's rated so low.

Want: 50%
I only care about Ness.

Wolf:

Chance: 55%
Lower than Lucas because he has all of his problems plus being from a series with three characters rather than two.

Want: 70%
I like him, but there are worse cuts.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Lucas

Chance: 90%
I really can't see this being that high. I mean yeah, there's a few arguments that can be downed to, but Ness? On his own? To represent the entire series? That's a big bill to fill.

Secondary main mofo's (haven't changed my down stuff below)

Wolf

Chance: 90%
Well... to be fair he was probably the 2nd star fox character in line. I was legit surprised to see Falco in over him; I don't have much else to say other than that. He's a great character and isn't even that much from a clone. There's a *few* more arguments against him than Lucas, but I don't think they really apply much.

my main

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Lucas:
I don't know honestly it could go either way for me.
I used him quite a bit in Brawl, one of my favorite characters. He's the veteran I want the most who hasn't been confirmed yet.

Wolf:
I don't know about him either. It depends how much Sakurai likes him, and he could be more unique this time around.
Want: 35%
Eh. I can't say I really want him in.

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Apparently it's attack of the clones today :lol:

Lucas:
Chance: 70% While he is only Japanese, getting into Brawl definitely helps his chances. I also have a sneaking suspicion that they might announce a translation of Mother 3 at the Treehouse event, but that's just idle hoping.
Want: 50% I really don't care about him, but one of my friends mains him, so I'm neutral.

Wolf:
Chance: 80% It's slightly better than Lucas, mainly because Wolf is known in America. He is a clone, which hurts, although Toon Link made it in, so who knows.
Want: 40% He was extremely anti-climatic as a final character in Brawl, and I just don't care for his design. Still, I don't like cuts.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Lucas must happen, if he was cut I would be very mad.
Chances 99%
I made an entire video of why Lucas should stay

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
We did a great job with our rating of Dillon. In a world evolved to our ratings, if roughly newcomers 1-10 are playable (Little Mac so far), 11-40 or so would be Assist Trophies or other high-profile cameos (Starfy, Saki, Samurai Goroh, Tom Nook, and Waluigi agree, with several others not too far behind). The big mixup in our ratings so far is Rosalina (and Greninja who we didn't rate), BUT no highly ranked characters have been deconfirmed, and some have been hinted at or mysteriously avoided all-together, so the final accuracy of our chance rankings still has a chance to be pretty impressive.

Lucas - 48% If Mother 3 gets localized, yes, but I'm skeptical of both Mother characters being unlockable, considering traditionally the entire starting roster (plus maybe a couple of secret characters) is revealed before launch. There are other reasons too. If you go back and read my defense of Greninja's deservance (made-up word, I know)/importance, he outclasses even little Lucas here when it comes to significance to Nintendo's history.

Wolf - 70% It's very possible that it could come down to Falco vs. Wolf, and while I think Falco wins 3 out of 5 times due to seniority, I'm accounting for the fact that they both could easily return, with Star Fox's and Smash-Spacies' popularity.

Groose

Smash Champion
I missed yesterday's... can i do it anyway?
Of course! I can't actually work it into the official score, but you're always welcome to express your opinion afterwards if you just can't make it in time. That way you can reflect back if that character gets in, too!
Seattle all day. Washington all day till I die yo <3
#Philly #Cheesesteaks #LibertyBell

Lucas Chance: 66%
Sakurai has a sweet spot for the little guy, as evidenced by his rather prominent role in the SSE. Unfortunately for Lucas, though, he's not one of the most prestigious Smash characters, and he doesn't stand out moveset-wise. While I still think he is most likely in the game, I think there is a sizable chance being low-priority will finish him.

Lucas Want: 0%
I know he plays differently to Ness. I get it. However, that still doesn't prevent me from thinking that he's the most boring character in Brawl. I also understand that he is a well-written character. I get it. However, that doesn't mean I have any sort of connection with him. I'd definitely prefer it if Lucas were cut in order to create time to work on other characters.

Wolf Chance: 60%
Wolf is, bar Ivysaur and Squirtle, the veteran I see in the most peril. He was a late addition to Brawl, he's not the most popular of characters overall, and he's not a character that immediately stands out for any particular reason. I do think that he'll be low-priority if he is in this game, and it's possible that he just won't make it in.

A lot of factors go into this one. I personally like Wolf as a character in both Star Fox and Brawl; he's always an amusing boss, and I did main him briefly a while back. Nonetheless, he's not a character that I feel the need to see multiple times; I can always go back and play Brawl if I need to play as him again. Additionally, I'm not a fan of three "thematically similar" spacies, and I DO NOT want to see Falco cut because my pal would be devastated; he's mained Falco (and ONLY Falco) in Melee and Brawl. Sorry, Wolf.

DAY OVER
LUCAS IS GOOD... BUT WOLF'S BETTAH
in both chance and want!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Lucas
72.98% chance (was 87.03%)
65.27% want (was 80.04%)

Wolf
74.98% chance (was 88.07%)
75.63% want (was 84.17%)

Ah, these two goons. You see them cut from a lot of predictions rosters, but when push comes to shove, the majority of people still want and expect them to reappear. Despite both characters sinking in both scores, they still remain as esteemed as the most prestigious of newcomers. Wolf shows that he is bettah than Lucas once again by remaining in front of him in both scores, but it was a close contest, especially from the chance side. This may be the last time we rate the pair... so we'll see if these scores hold up.

Today we're switching gears and getting back to our regular, nominations-driven ratings. You can nominate again! Nominations from March have been curved down, but remain present for the most part. I'd like to take a moment to make a suggestion for the nominations and the way this game runs--I feel that we should no longer differentiate between "Unrated Newcomers" and "Concepts, Stages and Rerates." Before the Direct, we were rating a ton of completely irrelevant newcomers; if we remove the rule that we must rate a new character every day and put them on equal footing with the other stuff, there probably shouldn't be any more days like those of Lupus. I'm going forward with this change, but if I get negative feedback I won't hesitate to retract it. While we're on the topic of nominations... check the thread's second post (the one run by Smasher 101) today to see the sheer amount of nominations won over the last two weeks through predictions. Chances are you've won something in the last two weeks.

Anywho, today we'll be rating two things: Plasma Boss N and "Only Popular Newcomers." Plasma Boss N clearly won't be able to switch Pokemon, but some people always proposed that he could jump into battle without using them in the name of liberation; is this still a possibility? Additionally, I think I also need to clarify "Only Popular Characters" because of the number of clueless predictions I saw. This concept basically says that all of the newcomers yet to be revealed are the ones that we've spent a ton of time discussing and debating, like your Rools, Ridleys, and Chroms. If someone surprising like the Chorus Kids or another Greninja were to be revealed, this concept would be deconfirmed. Anywho, let's look towards tomorrow: we have a dual-concept day up for debate. Please predict how "Chrom Assist Trophy" and "Fifty or More Characters" will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom