• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Darn. Crashboards made me miss out on actually rating Tingle. Ugh.

On to these guys, I guess.

Toon Zelda:

Chance: 0.5%
Want: 0%

Her only real merit was a last minute semi clone, and it honestly just makes more sense to make Impa a semiclone instead since transformations are gone.

Impa:

Chance: 10%
It's still possible for us to get Impa as a semiclone or in her old woman form. Not at all likely, but still possible. (Honestly, her old woman form could be a slower, smaller, and lighter, but more powerful Zelda semiclone if they really wanted.)

Want: 70%
I'd be happy to see Impa appear, but not terribly excited in the end.

Tetra:

Chance: 5%
I don't see them having three forms of Zelda on the roster. Not when Sheik's already her own slot.

Want: 15%
Eh.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Tetra
Chance: 10% - Other than the obvious return of Ganondorf, I don't really foresee any Zelda newcomers appearing with the slight exception of Ghirahim. So, that said, all these chance scores are gonna be a bit low.
Want: 60% - Tetra was an interesting character. Sure she was an incarnation of Zelda, but unlike all other Zeldas she didn't seem as helpless. I really liked Tetra's go-get-'em attitude. She was a pirate, she didn't take crap from anyone, and she even helped defeat Ganondorf in the end. She felt different than the standard damsel in distress, and if they gave her a more pirate-themed moveset, I think she'd be an awesome character.

Impa
Chance: 5% - Since I never finished Skyward Sword, I don't know much about Impa other than she was Zelda's guardian. That said, she's always been a pretty minor character, and I really can't see her making the cut.
Want: 20% - Again, minor character. I watched videos from Skyward Sword, since I don't have a Wii any longer to finish the game, and that version of Impa definitely seemed more fleshed out as a character, but she was still basically a helper.

Toon Zelda
Chance: 20% - There's always the possibility that Zelda will get a newcomer, and other than Ghirahim, Toon Zelda is the next likely. She's got the whole Brawl incomplete data thing going for her, but that still doesn't make her likely in my eyes.
Want: 20% - That said, I never really use Zelda and I'd be afraid if they included Toon Zelda, she'd be much like Toon Link: a clone. Would she have to be a clone? No, not necessarily, but it sure would make Toon Link look like a crap character in comparison.

Black Shadow prediction: 30% - I know he's seen as a viable candidate for an additional F-Zero rep, but given that the series has been pretty dead since the GameCube, it's hard to imagine he'll actually happen.
Chorus Men prediction: 50% - This is hard to say. I feel like half the people believe the Sal leak while the other half dispute it. Many people don't like the idea of the Chorus Men/Marshal getting in, but I think they'd be really neat and fun.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Toon Zelda
Chance- 5%
Only giving her this much because she had been considered in the past. I just don't see Sakurai trying to stuff the roster with late clone this time as he doesn't seem as interested in increasing the roster size.
Want- 2%
This just sets the bar for unnecessary.

Impa

Chance- 7%
Would have given her a higher score, but a separate Sheik undeniably hurts her chances. She has had many appearances, but her portrayal has been so different in every case that she doesn't really have an identity in the same way Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf do.
Want- 40%
I actually think Impa merits a spot based on importance, but she might come off as redundant with Sheik. Still, I do like her.

Tetra
Chance- 5%
I don't expect another version of Zelda, she isn't relevant outside of a remake, and she doesn't have enough popularity to overcome all of the roadblocks.
Want- 36%
Tetra's cool and could be unique. While another identity of Zelda, she is very different from both Zelda and Sheik. But do I really want her? Not really- there are other characters that deserve to get in first. I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Impa
Chance: 3%
Would have given her much higher if Sheik hadn't been revealed yet.
Want: 28%
I don't really want her anymore because of Sheik, as Impa would probably be a clone of her.

Tetra
Chance: 33%
She has the best shot of the three by far, but I think Ghirahim has a better chance tbh.
Want: 50%
I guess it would be pretty cool if she used some of Toon Link's unused items.

Toon Zelda
Chance: 5%
Her chances have diminished after the direct I think.
Want: 30%
I like her design, but I don't want another clone as a Zelda rep.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda

Chance - 0.25% - I can only see her as a last minute clone. With Zelda taking skills from her Toon Counterpart, she's not going to have much of a chance.

Want - 15% - Not absolutely horrible, but not a very good choice at all.

Tetra

Chance - 22.5% - Just a bit of a boost, as she doesn't have to worry about being shoved in with Toon Zelda now.

Want - 85% - You don't know how happy Tetra definitely being solo makes me. Yes, I want her, quite a bit actually.

Impa

Chance - 0% - Yep, Sheik basically disconfirmed her. Why, now that Sheik is her own character?

Want - 5% - My desire to keep Sheik has made me not want her.

Prediction

Corus men Prediction - 27.78% - A character entirely leak-dependent.

Black Shadow - 17.35% - Lack of Goroh equals increased chances.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Toon Zelda:5% Chance
With the Phantom confirmed as a move for Zelda, Toon Zelda's chances go down some and the fact that she wouldn't be anything besides a last-minute clone really hinders her chances.
Want:0%
Definitely not my cup of tea.

Tetra: 40% Chance
She's definitely popular and has the ability to be unique. However, I do think that the reveal of the Bombchu does slightly hurt her chances, as that was a widely speculated move for her. I also don't think a 2nd WW character is necessary when we can have someone from a different game. Overall, I think she's the 2nd most likely Zelda newcomer.

Want:40%
Definitely my go to choice if Vaati gets deconfirmed.

Impa: 2% Chance
With the reveal of Sheik as her own stand-alone character now, I don't see the big need for another Sheikah.

Want:30%
I honestly used to support her before Toon Link was revealed, and wouldn't mind her presence in the game, but as always, I'd rather see Vaati get in first.

Predictions:
Chorus Men:49% Chance

Black Shadow:25% Chance

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Tetra:
Chance: 30%
I would say she's unlikely, but the thing that still bugs me is the inclusion of Toon Link. With non-clone characters presumably being cut (Squirtle/Ivysaur) why leave in the biggest clone of them all?
Want: 40%
Indifferent.
Impa:
Meh.
Want: 41%
1% more for Diddy kong, but otherwise indifferent.
Toon Zelda:
Chance: 1%
I REALLY doubt clones will be added, especially those as generic as Toon Zelda will be added.
Want: 1%
I'd seriously prefer Tingle.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Toon Zelda
Chance: 2%
Anyone has hear how we don´t need more Links, well then why we need more Zeldas?

Tetra
Chance: 3%
Read above

Impa
Chance: 4%
Why do we need Impa a second rate character that is already in a series well represented and her moveset is inspired in Sheik?

.n_n.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Short Ratings.
Toon Zelda
Chances: 1%- With her main big gimmick gone to Zelda, doesn't seem very good for her.
Want: 00.00%

Tetra
Chances: 4%- Still has a glimmer.
Want: 100%

Impa
Chances: 6%- See above.

PREDICTIONS:
Black Sheep- 24%
Chorus Boys (I smell leak giving in....)- 48%

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Tetra
Chance: 16.72% (was 16.33%)

Want: 43.63% (was 51.03%)

Everyone loves Tetra. She used to be our most beloved Zelda character, and she did her best to defend the title; although Ghirahim has passed her by in both chance and want, she still scored respectably in both categories. Not bad for a bossy pirate lady, eh?

Toon Zelda
Chance: 10.15%
Want: 18.41%

Toon Zelda was almost always seen as the worse part of the Toon Zelda and Tetra bargain, so her want score is pretty poor while on her own. I mean, when you lose to TINGLE in want... it's just not good day, am I right? Her chance score did hit double digits though, so she's still on our radar.

Impa
Chance: 4.30% (was 18.81%)
Want: 26.05% (was 28.61%)

Usually I write a few sentences about each character's results. I think I'll make do with images instead for Impa.
[collapse=Poor Impa]

[/collapse]

The first character that the Direct deconfirmed was one Samurai Goroh. We've long said that there are really only two characters that could make the cut from F-Zero; with Goroh out, it pretty much leaves it at Black Shadow or bust. Will his Japanese popularity manage to give him the boost he needs? Or will the "death of his franchise spell his doom? In addition, we're also going to be discussing a certain Gematsu leak. Many are of the belief that the Chorus Kids are essentially confirmed; others say they have little to no chance. What say you, dear rater? Please rate Black Shadow and the Chorus Men in chance and want. Nominations are still on hold. Tomorrow we'll be revisiting the Fire Emblem discussion that we started last week. This time, we'll be rating not two but three characters: Lucina, Roy, and a Chrom/Lucina team. Please predict how these guys will do in tomorrow's match.

Additional Note: Please keep this leak discussion civil and keep the arguing to a bare minimum.
Some of us believe it, some of us don't; while it is important that we all know the entire story so we can make educated guesses, it is not important that we all agree. Please remember the golden rule: we all have access to the same evidence. It is our interpretation of that causes our opinions to differ, and having different opinions is not a bad thing.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Black Shadow
Chances 15%
F-Zero hasn't been around for 10 years. On the plus side the series has only one rep and no villain so maybe he could have a shot.
Want 0%
Generic villain with no possible moveset? no thank you.

-Chorus Kids
Chances 50 %
It's a fairly popular series and very succesful. And yes, maybe that infamous leak is right.
Want 100 %
I say yes to more quirky, original and creative characters.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Black Shadow:

Chorus Kids:
Chance: 50%

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Black Shadow:
Chances:15%
He's a unique prediction. Many people warrant his inclusion for the sole purpose of a declined ganondwarf or an F-zero revival. Yet F-Zero appears to be dead. I
Want: 45%
I hate clones, yet really like him and the concept of a declined ganondorf.
Chorus Men:
Chances: 0%
I can't believe that this is even plausible. The chorus men act within a group of THREE in Rhythm heaven. If they are having trouble working with TWO character combos (Ice climbers) then why on earth would they have three? Do you really think the 3ds could handle 12 characters at once? Honestly, Reggie using a moveset inspired by Kratos has an infinitely better chance of getting in.
The ice climbers are already cheap with their grabs, three characters would be ridiculously broken.

If Marshall on his own substitutes as Chorus men, then I say 40% chance an 60% want.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Black Shadow: 1% Chance / 0% Want
Characters this time tend to draw a lot on their source material for movesets and Black Shadow... doesn't have a lot of source material to draw from.

Chorus Men: 99% Chance / 100% Want
Not 100% on the off chance that the leak meant Marshal, but as far as I can tell, one of the two is in.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow
--- Relevance of Fzero, doesn't lend itself to a fighting game, etc.
Want: 22%
--- Cool design, would play if, and only if, not a clone of C.F. in any way.

Chorus Men
Chance: 20%
---
I'm not really buying into the leak. RH really deserves a representative and a rhythm based character's move set would be really fun and creative, but I don't see it being the Chorus Men. The Wrestler, Marshall, Karate guy (Joe?), sure, but a trio? No way.
Want: 40%
--- Would be much higher if we were talking about a more Smash-compatibly designed RH character. Still, definitely some want there even if it had to be Chorus Men.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The Popularity chart has been updated.

Black Shadow
Chance: 25% - I calling it, he's the one who banished Goroh into an assist trophy so that he could steal his spot on the roster. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!
Want: 0% - I don't want steroid Batman to be playable,

Chorus Kids
Chance: 31% - I'm going to try to be a lot more open minded about possible leaks after the Brawl roster leak turned out to be real. Things like his inability to name the precise Pokemon XY rep and the recent evidence against Miis leave me with some room for doubt.
Want: 71% - Don't be shy, join the choir.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Black Shadow:

Chance: 15%
We should keep an eye on him. But there's nothing DIRECTLY helping him yet.
Just Goroh's indirect boost.

I really don't know how I feel about him... but he has a clone vibe to him...

The NotMarshall Trio of Man-Kids:

Chance: 40%

I'm skeptical on the leak.
I think he's received both correct and incorrect information.
I'm doubting Miis for sure right now.
But... I don't see this prediction being one of the incorrect ones, it's so "out-there" that I don't think it would go down the leaking line without the push of full-legitimacy.
But Miis are pulling down the credibility of the leak right now in my eyes, and that's all these guys got.

Want: 45%

I was one of the first supporters on their thread... but the under-detailed design doesn't get me excited.
I prefer so many other characters and have never even touched a Rhythm Heaven game.
Sure, they'd raise Palutena's and Shulk's chances... but I really don't want Miis.
I think they're cute.
And I may raise my score once I see a good moveset.

D

Deleted member

Black Shadow

+ He's a major villain...
-- ...of a dead series that I would like Nintendo to revive.

Want: 80%

He has no moves in his source material, but neither did Captain Falcon, and look how that turned out.

Chorus Men

-- There is no evidence that they will be in aside from that one leak...
+ ... but Sakurai has surprised us before.

I expect a creative moveset from a rhythm-based character.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Black Shadow Likelihood: 5.65%

Chorus Men Likelihood: 15%
rhythm heaven dawg

Not even gonna bother with guessing FE stuff.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Black Shadow: 33%
Japanese Popularity and the suspicious lack of Ganondorf... He's got a decent chance of being a Falcon Clone... which isn't the best fate for him, but is better than nothing I guess.

Spandex Villain? YES PLEASE! I'd prefer he were actually more based on his various abilities in-game than the likely clone, but I think Ganondorf being based on Ganondorf is more important than Black Shadow being based on Black Shadow...

Chorus Men: 5%
That's better than I should probably give them... That 'leak' was vague enough to not know what a Greninja was, so even if it's true I really doubt they know who the Rhythm Tengoku characters actually are... Moreover 3-characters in one? We had enough issues with Ice Climbers last I heard...

I won't completely discount them, not because I think the leak is real, but because they are an iconic part of the game, and while it didn't occur to me as Marshall stands out far more, and is basically the same thing, I guess they could be playable... I just don't see why they'd be picked over their named brother...

I guess they're not the worst, and they're better choices than just a wrestler or karate guy... but Rhythm Girl or Marshall are actually characters, and Marshall is based on both the Chorus Men and the Night Walk guy from the GBA game, so he can do everything they can do and more... It would mean Rhythm Paradise representation too, which is a good thing!

Lucina: 10%
Roy: 12%
ChromxLucina: 14%

Random Numbers!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Black Shadow

If were getting a new F Zero character, this seems to be the only/logical choice. I don't think we need one either.

Chorus Men
Chance: 6%
Want: 10%

I don't really know what to think about the leak. I mean, the source seems to have everything right so far. However, until I actually see Chorus Men included, then I will remain hesitant, but I can say with confidence that if Chorus Men are in, then the leak is true. I really hope it isn't, characters should't be added for their WTF factor, they should be added because they're Nintendo All-stars and have a unique moveset primarily. A 3 person team could be interesting, but I mean we have enough of the tag team gimmick with Ice Climbers. 3 characters could be cool, but it could get out of hand.

Predictions
Lucina: 13%
Roy: 18%
Chrom/Lucina: 4%

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Black Shadow

Chance: 10% - While he is the logical 2nd representation for the F-Zero, it looks bleak considering Captain Falcon might be returning as a secret character, and I simply don't see two F-Zero characters being hidden.

Want: 70% - Yes please. I'd like to see F-Zero some love, and Black Shadow could easily have Ganondorf's old 'cloney' moveset, meaning that people who like the said moves can retain it, albeit under the guise of a more logical character.

Chorus Men

Chance: 30% - I'm a slightly skeptical over the leak but it remains a strong one nonetheless. They definitely are the token 'what the?" secret character, so I can see their inclusion somewhat. Especially considering Rhythm Heaven is fairly popular in Japan.

Want: 30% - I have no strong opinion about them. They might have an interesting moveset but they do seem a little featureless design-wise, especially the staple character who just looks rather generic. Maybe he (or they) have some personality that I'm unaware of but I can only judge them by their cover in this case.

andimidna

Smash Master
Predictions:

Lucina: 14%
Don't see why she would change.
Roy: 18%
Hopefully he'll be way lower than this... but I think some are confident in him for some reason...
Chromcina: 10%
Will be ridiculously underrated again...
I'm sure people will use the Gematsu Leak only mentioning Chrom as a hit against the team,
But in reality... he also said "Animal Crossing Guy" and "X/Y Pokemon"
It's not like you'd call a leaker wrong for saying Rosalina will be in the game, because Rosalina & Luma are in the game...
This still makes the most sense to me, i mean we're rating a trio right now, why not add both of the lords when the less important one has more Japanese popularity and lacks complete uniqueness? How is this not the perfect solution? I Dunno.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Black Shadow
Chance - 7%
I don't see an F-Zero character being really likely unless we hear news of some F-Zero game coming. There's a lot of new franchises and it seems that Sakurai is aiming to represent more of those, with most newcomers so far being from franchises previously without fighters.

Want - 50%
Indifference. I would mind the loss of a roster spot, but I like F-Zero so I suppose I'd be ok with it. Just would never feel compelled to use the character.

Chorus Kids
Chance - 20%
Always believed that Rhythm Heaven has a strong chance at a playable character, but I don't see the Chorus Kids as being the most likely. Nevertheless, I give them a boost due to the leak.

Want - 100%
Rhythm Heaven fighter. Needs to happen. I also imagine there will be haters complaining about the character being too WTF and a waste of a spot, and I look forward to battling those haters xD

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Black Shadow
Chances: 12%
Want: 60%
I believe F-Zero deserves another character. Would have preferred Samurai Goroh though. Black Shadow is our last hope!

Chorus Men
Chances: 0.05%
It's incredibly unlikely. Also, if any musical character is going to get in, I want it to be Barbara the bat. Yeah!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Black Shadow: 5%
I personally believed that it was always Samurai Goroh or no one for the next F-Zero character. Black Shadow is more popular than Goroh in Japan but that hasn't helped him at all in any of the past Smash games. Goroh was one step ahead of him, managing to appear in the intro for Melee and as an Assist Trophy in Brawl.

Not interested.

Chorus Men: 15%
The "leak" is the only reason they're even being considered. I personally never put any stock into leaks. Who knows, though.

Nope. I don't know much about them, and I really don't like their design.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm really surprised by the Tingle ratings they seem unrealistically low.
May take a while to get back to my Smash speculation self, so the rating below is purely based on the leaky chorus.
Chorus Men chance: 99%

D

Deleted member

Black Shadow and the Chorus Men have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Black Shadow before, check to see what you said on his day!

But first... the leak.
Let's review the scores that I gave to every character remaining in the leak and what I will give the Chorus Men.
Palutena: 99%
Pac-Man: 93%
Shulk: 80%
Chrom: 75%
Mii: 50%
Chorus Men: 30%
The total average of these scores is 71.17%. Does that mean that I think it is that likely of being true?
...No. When I give a character above a 70%, it means that I am expecting that character. None of these characters are shoo-ins (except for Palutena), but they all have strong chances to get them on the roster on their own merits. What I mean to say is without the leak, I think that Palutena, Pac-Man, Shulk, and Chrom would still have high chances.
The concerning ones are Mii and Chorus Men. If this leak is true, then it hinges upon the Chorus Men and Miis. If they get in, then the rest are guaranteed for sure.
I predict a 40% chance of this leak being true.
With that out of the way, why did I give the Chorus Men a 30%?

Chorus Men
Chance:
30%

In a series like Rhythm Heaven, there is no distinct character that should be the rep. There are many other characters within that series that are also worthy choices for Smash. Characters like Marshal, Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl, and the Wrestler would all make sense as characters in Smash. The Chorus Men seem like a pretty unexpected choice.
Suppose the leak is true, then Sakurai must have saw something with these characters. I am unsure how popular Rhythm Heaven is, but it seems to have quite the following...
In any case, the Chorus Men and Mii will determine the validity of this leak. Equally if Marshal gets in, I would believe the leak is true even more so. It could be a leak or it could be a lucky guess; the Chorus Men and Mii would determine whether or not this leak is true in my eyes. Oddly enough, they seem like a choice that Sakurai would make in my opinion...
I'm honestly conflicted. On one hand, there is a rhythm based moveset they could do. On the other hand... they could be like the Ice Climbers and I would hate that. So, I'm 50/50 on this. I'll gladly accept them on the roster, however.

Black Shadow
Chance:
20%

Black Shadow has a couple of things going for him. First is his popularity in Japan. Black Shadow is amongst one of their more requested characters; it's not near the levels of Shulk, King K. Rool, or Palutena, but it's still pretty notable. Second, if Sakurai wanted to take the route of making him a clone or semi-clone, he can do so easily with Black Shadow. Finally, with the demise of Samurai Goroh, his competition, he is practically a shoo-in as the next F-Zero rep.
There is one major thing that is going against Black Shadow however; F-Zero is an incredibly dormant series. With its recent inactivity, it's harder for the series to proclaim its second rep.
It's a shame that it's still this way as I bet F-Zero would get another rep if the series got another game.
Want: 90%
F-Zero desperately needs another rep and Black Shadow is the perfect candidate. I will be more than glad to have him on the roster for this reason.
...Actually, I would also love to see Black Shadow if it means to declone Ganondorf. If he gets Ganondorf's moves, then Ganondorf would get his needed original moveset. Of course, another reason why I want to see him is to re-create... this...

Lucina Prediction: 7.83%
Her chances fade as time goes on.
Roy Prediction: 27.14%
So does his.
Chrom & Lucina Prediction: 5.52%
And this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Black Shadow - 5%
I love F-Zero. Like, I love F-Zero. GX is one of my favorite video games of all time. Because of this, I've been waiting the better part of a decade for any sign of a new game in the series, and, well, nothing has happened. So what does this have to do with Smash? Simple: it means there is virtually no reason for Sakurai to consider expanding F-Zero in SSB4. Obviously Goroh has been disconfirmed, which supports the idea that the F-Zero franchise will remain dormant, and with very few truly notable characters in F-Zero to begin with, the only real viable candidate left is Black Shadow. He sticks out as both the primary villain over Zoda and Deathborn, enjoyed notable popularity from the anime (particularly in Japan), and is the ideal candidate to possibly inherit Ganondorf's old moveset should he be revamped. Nevertheless, he gets a low rating because he counts on two unlikely events: Ganondorf needs to be revamped, else there is no moveset to inherit and thus little incentive to actually consider Black Shadow, and there really needs to be something F-Zero on the way that has yet to be announced publicly and that Sakurai needs to have been aware of many months ago when roster decisions were happening. Simply put, it looks super unlikely, and this is coming from literally the one hope F-Zero has left. That sucks.
Want - 75% - Honestly, I don't really want a second F-Zero character right now, but I'd love to see a revamped Ganondorf and even better if a Black Shadow should swoop in and steal his old clone moveset. Plus, even if there's no game announcement attached, that's at least some sign F-Zero has hope for the future.

Chorus Men - 1%
First off, as the rating implies, I don't believe in this second Gematsu leak. Unlike the first leak, which still hasn't been fully proven, this second leak has yet to correctly guess a character by name, and its only correct guess at all is the generic "X/Y Pokemon", which is an awfully easy prediction considering every single Smash has included a Pokemon from the most recent generation prior to its release. That's both Pikachu and Jigglypuff in 64, Pichu in Melee, Lucario in Brawl, and now Greninja in SSB4. It also doesn't help that every other character aside from the one we're rating today is a top pick among community speculation. Yeah, I'm not about to put stock in this particular leak, not yet. Second, "Chorus Men" seems like an incredible stretch as a character concept. I could see Rhythm Heaven getting a character, sure, but you'd honestly have me believe the choice is a trio for a Smash where Sakurai has admitted he is having trouble implementing Ice Climbers-type characters? A trio, mind, which has no inherent fighting capabilities, and that comes from an unrepped franchise with characters with far more obvious moveset potential like Karate Joe or the wrestler? That just seems like crazy talk. It also seems awfully generous to say that the leak really meant Marshal, because really, why say "Chorus Men" if it's a single character? The guy is a journalist publishing a leak of one of the most anticipated games of the year, I have to believe he would try to get the story right if the information is credible. Really, the only reason I'm giving this any rating at all is that Gematsu got WFT right so long ago, so maybe, maybe, the story is legit and Chorus Men somehow snuck in against all odds and common sense, in which case a 1 in 100 chance seems fair. Alternatively, maybe this guy just has early access to Nintendo press release materials and is seeing how much internet notoriety they can get by adding some extra characters and calling them "leaks". Guess we'll have to wait and see, though should they miss even one more Rosalina, I think it's safe to say Chorus Men are out.
Want - 0% - You want to do a Rhythm Heaven character? I'm cool with that. But without knowing how these guys could be implemented, this sounds like one of the worst ideas possible for a RH rep.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Black Shadow:

Chance: 20%
If Ganondorf gets his own moveset, Black Shadow's practically guaranteed to make it in.

I'm indifferent to Black Shadow, but I'd love to see Ganondorf get a moveset worthy of him.

Chorus Men:

I'm unsure of the legitimacy of the leak. I see it at about a 50/50 chance with ten points off on the off chance that only the first part of the leak was legitimate.

It all depends on how they play. I'm completely indifferent to the character itself. (While I would enjoy seeing RH representation, I would've preferred Rhythm Girl or Marshall any day.)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Black Shadow

It's possible that we could get him, but Goroh has always seemed like the bigger character and F-Zero hasn't had a new game in a long time.

Want:20%
I wouldn't mind him, as long as he doesn't have Ganondorf's old moveset, although I prefer Goroh.

Chorus Men:

Chance:15%
With Sakurai already having trouble implementing Ice Climbers, having 3 would be absolute hell to create. There are also other, more deserving RH characters Heck, the only reason why people are considering him is because of the possible leak.

Want: 5%
I really don't care anything for their inclusion at all.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Black Shadow
Chance: 5% F-Zero isn't a franchise i can see get getting a second rep.
Want: 50% Doesn't worry me
Chorus Men
Chance: 50% I'm not sure what i think of the leak so i will give them half a chance
Want: 50% Doesn't worry me either.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Black Shadow
Chance: 2%
I'm really not expecting him to make it, F-Zero doesn't seem like a series that deserves two characters.
Want: 25%
It really depends on how they are going to create his moveset..

Chorus Men
Chance: 55%
I find this character very hard to rate, but I'm a supporter of the leak so I give them the benefit of the doubt.
I think Sakurai can do some interesting things with them, but I'm not particularly a fan of Rhythm Heaven.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Black Shadow: 9% I don't think it will happen before Metroid gets a (real) newcomer.
Want: 100% I am probably the only person here that absolutely loves clones. They may have the same animations, but they play completely different. The only exception to this rule is Toon Link (who I still love).

Chorus Men: 0.5% The leaker doesn't look real to me. Really? Animal Crossing Guy? You would think he would know the real name of the characters he is leaking. And pokemon from X/Y? Why would he not know who he is leaking? Didn't he also say that Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac would be reviled at E3? They were also having trouble with the Ice Climbers. If that gave them trouble than why would they not have trouble with a trio? Yeah, not convincing.
Want: 0% I don't want anyone to rip off the Ice Climber's gimmick.

Lucina: 19.12%
Roy: 23.01%
Chrom + Lucina: 9.12%

Maxilian

Smash Ace
So, a guy guessed the E3, got it wrong by having three more characters that weren't revealed at that time, and then guessed a few more characters, one of which was 'a pokémon'... and I'm 'sposed to believe him because he got Wii Fit Trainer right?

There are literally millions of people speculating about Smash Bros across the internet, and some extremely odd choices get banded about... heck, Bluepikmin11 believes Dr Kawashima is going to get in, and I head up the Sime Support thread; someone was bound to come up with Wii Fit Trainer, I think the fact he called the Animal Crossing character 'Villager' lends more credence to your argument, and that's not exactly saying much.

A guy made a guess. His guess was wrong. Smashboards still believes him...
He hasn't guessed anything wrong, he said that those characters were going to be added, he never said that they were going to be announced in the E3 or something, also Wii Fit Trainer is a character that almost noone though about and he even said the name "Wii Fit Trainer", even if all the character he announced hasn't been confirmed yet, but many of those that he have said have been confirmed (maybe not as soon as he said them, but with time they were)

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Possibility of being in IMO
Chorus Men - 80% (the same leaker who guessed wii fit trainer right!)
Black Shadow - 0% (There has been no new F-zero game, why boost its popularity over other Nintendo char)

I Want
Chorus Men - 5% ( just lame .....) I've seen better Nintendo char.
Black Shadow - 0%

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow
Chance- 15%
The now obvious choice for a second F-Zero rep with Goroh out of the picture. He could also inherit Captain Ganondorf's moveset, and he has popularity in Japan... but as we all know, and doesn't really need repeating... F-Zero is dead.
Want- 12%
Don't really like his design. I would only use him as a CPU punching bag.

Chorus Men
Chance- Abstain
Really, their whole chance relies on that leak, so I have no idea what to put them as.
Want- 12%
Bland design, and I feel that there are characters that could do Rhythm Heaven more justice. and there are characters that should get in first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom