• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate the song posted above thread! (seriously listen!)

Y

Yodery

lol it's funny because you yourself are now breaking the rules, by not reviewing the song I posted.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
This is the rate the song posted above you thread, not the "I get to say whatever I want above anything and be a jerk thread." Rate the song posted above you, no matter what it is. If someone posts a pop song, be serious and review it. You don't get to say "lol, screw this genre" and not review it; give it a negative review if you really dislike it, but still review it. That's the rule of the thread.

Sorry, but that's the way things go.
Thank you.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
ye his rapping style is supposed to be lazy : /

Anyways, wow, this is awesome. Reminds me of the ocean, for some reason. Beat is pretty damn sick, as is the general instrumentation. The rapping style reminds me of DOOM's, which is always cool. The lyrics are eh, but overall, I dig it.

4/5

Slint - Washer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yEgcb167k4
good intro. i like the laconic dragging rhythm and the bitter acoustic arps

vocals are meh. i wish they were a little less prominent in the mix or drowned in reverb. i dont really like this really prominent enunciation of this singing style. reminds me of an even wimpier ben gibbard. not song ruining, just not really my taste at al

the song is actually becoming predictable now. its good, but i'm sure i am missing a lot of the subtle intricacies and layers because it's kind of ho-hum musically. i appreciate the mood of this song but not especially impressed with the execution of the musical ideas and kind of left unaffected by the emotions its invoking

2.9/5

rolo tomassi "cosmic accident" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cPgcLebkqg

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
good intro. i like the laconic dragging rhythm and the bitter acoustic arps

vocals are meh. i wish they were a little less prominent in the mix or drowned in reverb. i dont really like this really prominent enunciation of this singing style. reminds me of an even wimpier ben gibbard. not song ruining, just not really my taste at al

the song is actually becoming predictable now. its good, but i'm sure i am missing a lot of the subtle intricacies and layers because it's kind of ho-hum musically. i appreciate the mood of this song but not especially impressed with the execution of the musical ideas and kind of left unaffected by the emotions its invoking

2.9/5

rolo tomassi "cosmic accident" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cPgcLebkqg
I figured it'd be an adventure when you posted a 10:00+. So bear with me when approach it piece by piece.

Those plucking melodies sound kind of exotic, and it's strange to have that simultaneously with the spacey noises that get thrown out.
:54 and 1:26 were like trick intros--they built and collapsed when I thought it would break into the heavier part. It kind of blue-balled me by making me wait, then I hear the tone of the explosion at 1:46 and it makes sense because it feels like this was composed to make me tense.
Then of course, d'oh, I want the tone to last! don't make me wait again!

The switch back and forth between the heavier and the ambient parts is like floating in space then plummeting into reentry, then suddenly being back up just to do it again. The disorientation is interesting.
Ooo and the chord changes a little bit each time it explodes. That's sexy. As sexy as dissonance can get I guess.

I know I'm echoing a lot of past posters when I say I don't like screams. Would I be a hypocrite for liking a lot of death growls? Whatever. Maybe it is just an inexplicable plateau that I need to face, cuz I know there is a huge amount of music I can open myself up to if I acquire the taste for that kind of vocal performance. We'll see where that takes me.

Ok so the cool down. Quiet and sweet with her little vocal snippets. But I feel like there's not enough there to keep me from considering this just another waiting period.

The clamor of voices that appears... I dunno, I didn't see the point, then they build up like the beginning of the song had done with its regular instrumentals and it helps me to anticipate the ****ing BEASTLY vocals at 7:47-7:49. Beastly in a good way. I just... the clamor beforehand is something I'm not sure if I like or not.

8:32 I find myself bobbing my head. Which is weird cuz I suppose I didn't expect that action with music this... erratic. That's a good way to kind of sum up this song. There's a lot of stuff that goes on. I feel like I would be exhausted just listening to the first few tracks of an album of theirs.

Oh man, 9:00 is something new too. I like this change. The tone is chill, the tempo is tense, it's a very complex emotion.

Yeah, this song is ****ing exhausting. I think this is the longest review I've written in this thread. Which is nice cuz it's a song that makes me participate more on the first listen than most other things I hear here. There's no auto-pilot when listening to this song. It'll grab you and shake you and make you dance if you want to or not.

I think mainly because it had so many parts that were different and threw me into one mood and another, but was still all thematically tense, I can't not see it positively, even if most of her vocals weren't up my alley.

:urg::ohwell::)[:bee:]:awesome:

Werekill, you are far, far too lenient

Big Boi - Apple of My Eye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivrifP5fLCI

Y

Yodery

I figured it'd be an adventure when you posted a 10:00+. So bear with me when approach it piece by piece.

Those plucking melodies sound kind of exotic, and it's strange to have that simultaneously with the spacey noises that get thrown out.
:54 and 1:26 were like trick intros--they built and collapsed when I thought it would break into the heavier part. It kind of blue-balled me by making me wait, then I hear the tone of the explosion at 1:46 and it makes sense because it feels like this was composed to make me tense.
Then of course, d'oh, I want the tone to last! don't make me wait again!

The switch back and forth between the heavier and the ambient parts is like floating in space then plummeting into reentry, then suddenly being back up just to do it again. The disorientation is interesting.
Ooo and the chord changes a little bit each time it explodes. That's sexy. As sexy as dissonance can get I guess.

I know I'm echoing a lot of past posters when I say I don't like screams. Would I be a hypocrite for liking a lot of death growls? Whatever. Maybe it is just an inexplicable plateau that I need to face, cuz I know there is a huge amount of music I can open myself up to if I acquire the taste for that kind of vocal performance. We'll see where that takes me.

Ok so the cool down. Quiet and sweet with her little vocal snippets. But I feel like there's not enough there to keep me from considering this just another waiting period.

The clamor of voices that appears... I dunno, I didn't see the point, then they build up like the beginning of the song had done with its regular instrumentals and it helps me to anticipate the ****ing BEASTLY vocals at 7:47-7:49. Beastly in a good way. I just... the clamor beforehand is something I'm not sure if I like or not.

8:32 I find myself bobbing my head. Which is weird cuz I suppose I didn't expect that action with music this... erratic. That's a good way to kind of sum up this song. There's a lot of stuff that goes on. I feel like I would be exhausted just listening to the first few tracks of an album of theirs.

Oh man, 9:00 is something new too. I like this change. The tone is chill, the tempo is tense, it's a very complex emotion.

Yeah, this song is ****ing exhausting. I think this is the longest review I've written in this thread. Which is nice cuz it's a song that makes me participate more on the first listen than most other things I hear here. There's no auto-pilot when listening to this song. It'll grab you and shake you and make you dance if you want to or not.

I think mainly because it had so many parts that were different and threw me into one mood and another, but was still all thematically tense, I can't not see it positively, even if most of her vocals weren't up my alley.

Werekill, you are far, far too lenient

Big Boi - Apple of My Eye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivrifP5fLCI
Wow, this is some pretty swanky stuff. Makes me wanna dance like Ian Curtis lol. I just love the vox in this. I'm not really sure what to say tbh. It's just a great pop/rock song. Thank you for sharing.

4.5/5

Kanye West - Lost in the World (feat. Bon Iver)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQpQhrQ5Zs
I've been stanning this song (and album) for like a month now lol.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Wow, this is some pretty swanky stuff. Makes me wanna dance like Ian Curtis lol. I just love the vox in this. I'm not really sure what to say tbh. It's just a great pop/rock song. Thank you for sharing.

4.5/5

Kanye West - Lost in the World (feat. Bon Iver)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQpQhrQ5Zs
I've been stanning this song (and album) for like a month now lol.
I had to stop the song before it even started because of laughing at that horrible cover art XD. That's just awful looking.

The beginning sounds so ridiculously like an Imogen Heap ripoff its scary, and it doesn't help it wasn't very well executed. I think Kanye lost his touch a long time ago, but this is a step up from the debacle his last album was, at least.

I'll give it a 5/10.

My song: Follow The White Rabbit - Zzz(Zzz)

Y

Yodery

yea his lyrics aren't all that great... still tho, "my beautiful dark twisted fantasy" is so beautifully made <3

college dropout love 2

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I had to stop the song before it even started because of laughing at that horrible cover art XD. That's just awful looking.

The beginning sounds so ridiculously like an Imogen Heap ripoff its scary, and it doesn't help it wasn't very well executed. I think Kanye lost his touch a long time ago, but this is a step up from the debacle his last album was, at least.

I'll give it a 5/10.

My song: Follow The White Rabbit - Zzz(Zzz)
The beginning is sooo relaxing... Oh my gosh <3. Oh..? It's going to keep on being like this?

Yaay~ :).

I love how instruments get added in slowly, and it starts to get louder. Seems like basic progression, but when it's a slow song like this, it just sounds so gorgeous <3. I can't understand any of the lyrics (Too slow for me to), but the singing sounds soooo wonderful :3. I loove it~

When the voice started to get higher, I expected a transition into something way more fast, but it didn't thank gosh. I think this is the only group I've heard make that type of voice sound successful in a song from my own personal stand point. It's wonderful c:.

I never got tired of the drum beat, and I never got tired of the vocals. Everything was repetitive, but it never got old. It just kept on going, and I didn't have an urge to make it stop being repetitive. The mellow feel it gives me just keeps me listening.

9.5/10

Parov Stelar - Charleston Butterfly

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
cant blame kanye for that as its a sample from a bon iver song. you should check that album out tho. kanye lost his touch lyrically but imo hes a musical genius still

:phone:
Sorry, didn't know that (don't listen to Bon Iver), I take it back. Still, the song wasn't really my thing, I guess I'm just predisposed to compare all of his songs to Jesus Walks, because that was my personal favorite of his.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The beginning is sooo relaxing... Oh my gosh <3. Oh..? It's going to keep on being like this?

Yaay~ :).

I love how instruments get added in slowly, and it starts to get louder. Seems like basic progression, but when it's a slow song like this, it just sounds so gorgeous <3. I can't understand any of the lyrics (Too slow for me to), but the singing sounds soooo wonderful :3. I loove it~

When the voice started to get higher, I expected a transition into something way more fast, but it didn't thank gosh. I think this is the only group I've heard make that type of voice sound successful in a song from my own personal stand point. It's wonderful c:.

I never got tired of the drum beat, and I never got tired of the vocals. Everything was repetitive, but it never got old. It just kept on going, and I didn't have an urge to make it stop being repetitive. The mellow feel it gives me just keeps me listening.

9.5/10

Parov Stelar - Charleston Butterfly

Ah, the "Charleston". What a great jazz composition to go with that dance. I don't know the original, so I can't say if she altered the song by any means. With that being said, very unique for her to borrow this tune, and her voice matches it rather well. I like how she approaches the song in regards to HOW she sings it. I think it's safe, but at the same time good. I think my only problem with this song is that it doesn't "change" much, and because of that, it can get a bit redundant. Definitely good if you are on a long drive, or are just working on something with music playing. Not something to listen too.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

The Offspring - Turning Into You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMz83VoouT0

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ah, the "Charleston". What a great jazz composition to go with that dance. I don't know the original, so I can't say if she altered the song by any means. With that being said, very unique for her to borrow this tune, and her voice matches it rather well. I like how she approaches the song in regards to HOW she sings it. I think it's safe, but at the same time good. I think my only problem with this song is that it doesn't "change" much, and because of that, it can get a bit redundant. Definitely good if you are on a long drive, or are just working on something with music playing. Not something to listen too.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

The Offspring - Turning Into You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMz83VoouT0
i hate hate hate hate the Offspring. not sure if i can go into this unbiased.

the vocals are actually slightly less annoying than i'm used to. the instrumental aspect is actually really cool.

oh, yeah, the chorus is very annoying. this guy might be my very least favorite frontman in all of rock music. it's a potentially cool chorus if someone else did something with it. I really like the lyrics though.

this is a good Offspring song, but alas, it's still Offspring

2.7/5

Listener "falling in love with glaciers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7brs4yfJo

lyrics:

http://listener.bandcamp.com/track/falling-in-love-with-glaciers-2

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
i hate hate hate hate the Offspring. not sure if i can go into this unbiased.

the vocals are actually slightly less annoying than i'm used to. the instrumental aspect is actually really cool.

oh, yeah, the chorus is very annoying. this guy might be my very least favorite frontman in all of rock music. it's a potentially cool chorus if someone else did something with it. I really like the lyrics though.

this is a good Offspring song, but alas, it's still Offspring

2.7/5

Listener "falling in love with glaciers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7brs4yfJo

lyrics:

http://listener.bandcamp.com/track/falling-in-love-with-glaciers-2
I can really appreciate this song, very well done, doing a good job to maintain the emotion the lyrics have, while still keep good flow and interesting transitions. The trumpet was a really nice touch, as well! Might have to look into this band.

8.5/10

My song: Thrice - Betrayal Is A Symptom

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I can really appreciate this song, very well done, doing a good job to maintain the emotion the lyrics have, while still keep good flow and interesting transitions. The trumpet was a really nice touch, as well! Might have to look into this band.

8.5/10

My song: Thrice - Betrayal Is A Symptom
Haven't listened to Thrice in a long time. Not really feeling the rhythm and instrumentals here. Just feels like something I have heard before, and comes off as a bit old. With that being said, the lyrics are quite interesting. Always controversial when you drop faith in, but I find them appealing. I just wish it wasn't all screamo per say.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

Sherwood - Gentleman of Promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_R0hJcVm4I

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'm ashamed to say I can spot out a Rise Against song from like... 3 seconds of guitar. It's boredom that tries really really hard to be hard. That bass tone in the beginning is nice though.

I don't exaggerate when I say I think Tim McIlrath's voice is the most irritating voice in contemporary rock.

oh hey 3:07 is the first time I've heard him not holler at my ears. He should sing like that much much more often

It's just so static. I could skip anywhere a minute or more ahead and if you hadn't memorized the song generic angsty lyric by generic angsty lyric, you'd never know.

I'm sorry but imo, Rise Against is a cancer.

[:urg:]:ohwell::):bee::awesome:

A$AP Rocky (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Yelawolf, Danny Brown, Action Bronson, Big KRIT) - 1 Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSJYNJR588

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm ashamed to say I can spot out a Rise Against song from like... 3 seconds of guitar. It's boredom that tries really really hard to be hard. That bass tone in the beginning is nice though.

I don't exaggerate when I say I think Tim McIlrath's voice is the most irritating voice in contemporary rock.

oh hey 3:07 is the first time I've heard him not holler at my ears. He should sing like that much much more often

It's just so static. I could skip anywhere a minute or more ahead and if you hadn't memorized the song generic angsty lyric by generic angsty lyric, you'd never know.

I'm sorry but imo, Rise Against is a cancer.

[:urg:]:ohwell::):bee::awesome:

A$AP Rocky (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Yelawolf, Danny Brown, Action Bronson, Big KRIT) - 1 Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSJYNJR588
ASAP seems to be hanging out with some good company minus the guy at the end, cause I had zero issues with any of the rappers in terms of flow, lyrics, and rhymes. I did have a problem with the beat though. Way too repetitive, even for a rap beat. Outside of that, the raps shine through to make it a great song. I'll definitely be looking into more of his stuff. Maybe even the others. Hopefully his other songs have a bit more to their beats.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

I realized I never posted any holiday/Christmas music. I guess it's better late than never.

Backstreet Boys - It's Christmas Time Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Llx2shF_Eg

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It was a very bland song. The lyrics seemed uncreative to me. The chorus was bland and boring, and then the song started sounding repetitive by the second verse and I didn't want to listen to it anymore. Nothing exciting happened for the rest of the song.
0/5

Adele- Make you feel my love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzmTFBPMhk8
I think you missed the point of the song then. I guess every Christmas song oughta go down as the most repetitive, bland, uncreative, songs in history then. Cause you know, that's usually how they are formatted.

Adele will sometimes impress me, and sometimes I find her to be repetitive in her lyrics and overall theme. Thankfully, this is not the case in this song. I do appreciate the instruments, despite how depressing the whole song is. Actually, if there is one criticism I have of her, is that I hope she tries something new and a bit more "optimistic." When you look at the lyrics of this song, it's kinda sad that the lyrics are meant to be lifting, but the way she sings it and how its composed goes against the grain. It's almost as if she's trying to smile at you, but you can still see the pain.

Not really going to ever listen to this, unless I feel down in the dumps.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

New Found Glory - Nothing For Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW90785YmNw

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
New Found Glory - Nothing For Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW90785YmNw
This sounds much better than the last song. It's less boring and the lyrics are a little better. The chorus is catchy but I don't like the vocals in it and the "its you" part. The guitar was very relaxing and I enjoyed it. I liked the bridge.
The song was good enough to be listenable but I won't listen to it again.
3/10

Mr Brightside The Killers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrkeWsQZNyU

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This sounds much better than the last song. It's less boring and the lyrics are a little better. The chorus is catchy but I don't like the vocals in it and the "its you" part. The guitar was very relaxing and I enjoyed it. I liked the bridge.
The song was good enough to be listenable but I won't listen to it again.
3/10

Mr Brightside The Killers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrkeWsQZNyU
The Killers are always hit or miss to me. Of course, I've heard this song several times, and listened to it quite a bit back in the day due to radio play. Not my favorite song on the album, and when I sit back in hindsight and listen to it after so many years...I feel like it doesn't stand the sands of time all that well either. I've always seen his singing as hit or miss (radio voice I like to call it), and the only time it goes great is in the chorus.

Overall, liked their album "Sam's Town" more.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

Voxtrot - Firecracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db92zHnZPVY

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
^Don't be a thread killer, mother****er. That is not a review

I was so down for the funkiness that arose. "I had a lust / I had a firecracker," nonchalant libido, hell yeah. I was down for a sexy jam, then the lyrics will go on about something that doesn't seem to pertain: "They're running signs / no remainders of sins" "This is a punch I'm not punching up against". Wha-? They're abstractions with no anchor of context let alone just a close relation to the more succinct lines. The writer expects me to know what's going on half the time? Make it all vague and mysterious or give me more to relate to. "Break down on the record company," wait wasn't he just talking about... whatever, the jumping around is an irritation.

The vocals themselves are kind of amateur, too. Maybe that's a style that this band sticks to but on a first listen it is without the grace of refinement and without the soul of really well-projected emotion, so it's in kind of a limbo of 'meh'.

Considering this song is so dependent on the vocal performance (since the instrumentals are kind of bland and just really really rhythmic), the front man has screwed the song.

This song is silly. Not like quirky. Like not worthwhile

:urg:[:ohwell:]:):bee::awesome:

Mark Lanegan - The River Rise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmLMf-l9Kg

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
It never said give an in depth review and I really don't know what to say, everything is subjective and any review I could give would come off as me being a jackhole about my opinions. But whatevs, you asked for it:

One again my hatred for the acoustic guitar is flamed by yet another person just strumming two notes or chords or whatever the word is for four goddamn minutes (with another acoustic guitar doing the same thing but with different notes/chords/whatever). That combined with the vocalist sounding slurred like he's drunk and the horrid, useless intro makes this a 0/10 for me.

Avril Lavigne: How You Remind Me

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just to let you know for future reference Bizarro, because the OP hasn't been around in ages to update the "rules", we do have an unwritten rule of at least giving some effort/scoring the review.

It never said give an in depth review and I really don't know what to say, everything is subjective and any review I could give would come off as me being a jackhole about my opinions. But whatevs, you asked for it:

One again my hatred for the acoustic guitar is flamed by yet another person just strumming two notes or chords or whatever the word is for four goddamn minutes (with another acoustic guitar doing the same thing but with different notes/chords/whatever). That combined with the vocalist sounding slurred like he's drunk and the horrid, useless intro makes this a 0/10 for me.

Avril Lavigne: How You Remind Me
Nickelback used to be one of my favorite singers back in the day, but since then, I've felt like his music has became, for a lack of better word too "mainstream". As far this remake goes, I actually like the original a lot, and that's what got me into Nickelback. Surprised Oda chose Lavigne to do two theme songs for a OP movie. Far as this remake goes, I feel like Avril doesn't change her vocal range up much, but I do know she has the talent to do so. It's just a constant stream. I don't there is much going on in the background to create its own review, so Avril has to sing this well to carry the song.

I'm just not feeling this song. Not a song meant to be slowed down. Hard to think how a "slow" song would fit into the world of One Piece. I like the Nickelback version much better, just because it brings much more energy, which I feel like this song needs.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

I've been hearing this song too much on the radio lately...

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m7_xZN8D7M

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Just to let you know for future reference Bizarro, because the OP hasn't been around in ages to update the "rules", we do have an unwritten rule of at least giving some effort/scoring the review.

Nickelback used to be one of my favorite singers back in the day, but since then, I've felt like his music has became, for a lack of better word too "mainstream". As far this remake goes, I actually like the original a lot, and that's what got me into Nickelback. Surprised Oda chose Lavigne to do two theme songs for a OP movie. Far as this remake goes, I feel like Avril doesn't change her vocal range up much, but I do know she has the talent to do so. It's just a constant stream. I don't there is much going on in the background to create its own review, so Avril has to sing this well to carry the song.

I'm just not feeling this song. Not a song meant to be slowed down. Hard to think how a "slow" song would fit into the world of One Piece. I like the Nickelback version much better, just because it brings much more energy, which I feel like this song needs.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

I've been hearing this song too much on the radio lately...

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m7_xZN8D7M
Love this song, they did a fantastic job of expressing the lyrical meaning on all fronts, and it has great groove. It's obvious that it's meant to be a drum/vocal driven song, and it is very successful.

9/10

My song: Emery - Walls

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
That voice over is so badass
The rumblings and punchings of the rhythm section are so badass
This music video is so badass

I feel like this is the music that should play when some really hot babe is like... killing zombies or something. It's sexy and kind of sinister at the same time. I love it.

I notice that the video was fan-made and it kind of made everything feel tounge-in-cheek, so I listened again with the screen scrolled down and I must admit it's not very dynamic. If one doesn't like 1 minute, they won't like any of it. Fortunately, I do

The song itself is really basic but purely fun enough to get me to look into more stuff that they do, and the voice samples make me smile. Thus,

Your daily dose

Queens of the Stone Age - Someone's in the Wolf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYSeyadPKW0

Y

Yodery

That voice over is so badass
The rumblings and punchings of the rhythm section are so badass
This music video is so badass

I feel like this is the music that should play when some really hot babe is like... killing zombies or something. It's sexy and kind of sinister at the same time. I love it.

I notice that the video was fan-made and it kind of made everything feel tounge-in-cheek, so I listened again with the screen scrolled down and I must admit it's not very dynamic. If one doesn't like 1 minute, they won't like any of it. Fortunately, I do

The song itself is really basic but purely fun enough to get me to look into more stuff that they do, and the voice samples make me smile. Thus,

Your daily dose

Queens of the Stone Age - Someone's in the Wolf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYSeyadPKW0
The riff is annoying and dad rock sounding, not even going to bother with the lyrics, the vocals are okay, I really hate this band. Lol. Sorry dude, I tried. :/

1/5

The Smiths - The Boy With the Thorn in His Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsjevMbPqW0
>tfw no qt hipster gf

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The riff is annoying and dad rock sounding, not even going to bother with the lyrics, the vocals are okay, I really hate this band. Lol. Sorry dude, I tried. :/

1/5

The Smiths - The Boy With the Thorn in His Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsjevMbPqW0
>tfw no qt hipster gf
i think morrissey is an utter tosser.

i love johnny marr's guitar style though.

this song's pretty good. it's a Smiths song alright. I quite like the wordless vocal flourishes around thte lyrics of the song. nice touch. this song makes me want to sit in a boat drifting on a creek. i'm sure if i paid attention to the words it would probably annoy me like Morrissey usually does, but this is quite a nice song to listen to! its nice and saccharine and i wanna kiss a girl now

3.5/5

horse the band "the black hole" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8F6HjvELA

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yodery, did you seriously just use the phrase "dadrock?"

i think morrissey is an utter tosser.

i love johnny marr's guitar style though.

this song's pretty good. it's a Smiths song alright. I quite like the wordless vocal flourishes around thte lyrics of the song. nice touch. this song makes me want to sit in a boat drifting on a creek. i'm sure if i paid attention to the words it would probably annoy me like Morrissey usually does, but this is quite a nice song to listen to! its nice and saccharine and i wanna kiss a girl now

3.5/5

horse the band "the black hole" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8F6HjvELA
Intro's pretty cool. The chiptune stuff actually fits, funny as I feared it would sound too out of place in a song like this. The only bad part for me are the vocal, which sound uninspired as hell.

The part that starts at :31 is pretty cool

The hell at :52. That comes out of nowhere are feels awkward. The should have been a better transition

Not a big fan of the sudden changes at 1:04. It doesn't feel annunciated enough to spark my interest as much as it should have.

The breakdown after that's cool. The chiptune/Chug intertwiness kind of gives me a french motel vibe

Speed up after that's pretty cool. Same with the guitar solo

Holy crap this is good. The chiptune parts compliment the song so well.

Part at 2:30 is amazing. So is the guitar-less part that follows it.

Yay chiptune breakdowns

The change at around 3:50 could have been executed better

Piano part starting at 4:23 is*pretty cool. Great way to end the song.

4.5/5

Baroness- Rays on Pinion

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yodery, did you seriously just use the phrase "dadrock?"

Intro's pretty cool. The chiptune stuff actually fits, funny as I feared it would sound too out of place in a song like this. The only bad part for me are the vocal, which sound uninspired as hell.

The part that starts at :31 is pretty cool

The hell at :52. That comes out of nowhere are feels awkward. The should have been a better transition

Not a big fan of the sudden changes at 1:04. It doesn't feel annunciated enough to spark my interest as much as it should have.

The breakdown after that's cool. The chiptune/Chug intertwiness kind of gives me a french motel vibe

Speed up after that's pretty cool. Same with the guitar solo

Holy crap this is good. The chiptune parts compliment the song so well.

Part at 2:30 is amazing. So is the guitar-less part that follows it.

Yay chiptune breakdowns

The change at around 3:50 could have been executed better

Piano part starting at 4:23 is*pretty cool. Great way to end the song.

4.5/5

Baroness- Rays on Pinion
Given the length of the song, I'm gonna do a "feel" review. Meaning, just comment on things as they come.

I like the intro and steady build into the meat of the song itself. It's almost as if you are at a concert or orchestra, where things slowly take their time getting into the teeth of the song. I'm glad the build up is gradual, meaning it doesn't suddenly become overly intense. The guitars slowly bring themselves in with the drums, and they let you sit on that sound for a while before bringing anything else.

If I ever had to label a rock as an "orchestra", this would be it. When the lyrics finally pop in, even though things get louder, it matches the overall arching theme of the song. Like you're just waiting for that moment. Not gonna lie though, even with the lyrics there to read, I'm not sure what they mean. They are too "deep" for my little mind to comprehend.

I kinda wish the song had a steady die down rather than the abrupt end. Almost as if the concert just stops, and you're left going "Wait what?" Overall, not my kinda genre of music, but I can respect it.

No way!
I'll pass...
It's alright...
I can stream it...
Give me the album! Now!

The Script - If You Could See Me Now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpllvzCROXg

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
The Script - If You Could See Me Now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpllvzCROXg

I loved the piano melody, the drum beat, the lyrics. It's one of the best songs I've heard in this thread so far. I was hoping the bridge would be a lot different from the rest of the song after hearing the same piano melody the whole time, but it wasn't very different. That's the only thing I didn't like about the song, but I liked everything else.
4/5

Ho Hey - The Lumineers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCBSSwgtg4

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
oh yeahhh
This has me moving in my seat early. Such a basic rhythm and well presented. Doesn't matter how simple it is, this kind of music ought to appeal to the most base of people's affinity for the stuff.

The other side of that coin, I guess, is that with such simplicity it really should either be shorter or not attempt to be more than background music. Because I don't the latter applies, there's a point where that beat well runs dry.

I feel like it starts to get tired at around 3:30. Where's the eccentricity of that treated-to-all-hell voice from earlier?

Ultimately I wish it were shorter and that the section half-way through the song till maybe 4:30 were just not there. But I mean, hey, I really enjoyed the rest. It was a good trip.

Chelsea Wolfe - Halfsleeper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTIkQ7dyz0

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I didn't like the song in the beginning because it's extremely different from the music I listen to. After I got used to it, I started to like it more. I loved the vocal melodies, they were very relaxing, and the guitar fits with it very well. I don't mind this time that there is no drum beat in the song, I think it would be worse if it had one. I enjoyed the instrumental ending a lot.

4.5/5

Brand New Me - Alicia Keys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjY1GQmbbD0

Top Bottom