• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sheik. lots of vids

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
me and my friend sano recorded a lot today. sheik is my main so here's some videos but there's a lot more of me playing other characters on my youtube account. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6yoxMBc9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCqZ2wiPNRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlOWXgkCVmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1b5C8pIe3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwUPk9037vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayhj1Mw5R0c

and here's a marth ditto just cuz i love the combo at 1:26 ;DD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFz85JgO9xU

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
i only saw parts of the 5th one, i dont know why.
dont hold onto your needles, use them often because they do alot of damage and u can just charge them again while running away. Since these are all against link just make sure u dont space ur fair too far too hit but close enough to get grabbed. same thing with grabbing.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
lol i love how cash money is HRP all the way in florida. now thats commitment. 8P

yo butta i wouldnt MM bailey if i were u. play me first since im pretty close to u. if u cant beat me. bailey will **** u. we can set up when we'll play on aim

SN: BigOsea2

im me trust me u dont want to run into this mm head strong.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
yo butta i wouldnt MM bailey if i were u. ...

I dont know you and I dont know bailey, but im guessing this is the best advice you will get in this thread. Bailey seems too calm :p I dont know any noobs who are calm AND willing to wager a lot of money on a set.

Aside from that I find it difficult to rate you on these vids. You seem pretty decent and have alright technical skill but I am to understand (not much personal experience here but im told) that the sheik link matchup is heavily skewed in sheik's favor. I dunno who Bailey plays but if you know I would work on that matchup. If you dont know, I would say work on your fox/falco/sheik/marth/peach/cf matchups, there's a good chance he uses one of them.

Also, I hope you frequently find yourself playing a lot of different people your skill level. If you dont, you might find it difficult to adapt to different playstyles (like Bailey's) when you match him. Do you have any tourney exp under your belt? If you havent been to a tourney yet , theres a good chance you arent as good as you think or even as you look. If you have, do you know how well Bailey does in similar tournaments?

Things I see you should work on:

1. I notice you do a lot of jab to (d)tilt chains on links shield, you always end up getting shield grabbed. This is in part because links grab is long and even with good spacing you would still be within grab range. This is not necessarily a bad chain to try but if you see its getting punished over and over change it up. You did start to avoid the grab by jumping over it in later matches, but someone with a better/fast grab (marth comes to mind) would make this difficult. Try jab to grab yourself or jab to shorthop w/e (even an empty shorthop then to grab). Try not to fall into habits you get punished for.

1a. Another sort of repetitive thing I noticed was you would use a lot of ledge drop hop bairs to edgeguard. Be ready to switch this up against different people, they might catch on and avoid it somehow.

2. I like the edge canceled upb's but Im not sure how practical they are in a lot of matchups. In any case, try to perfect it so that you arent upBing on stage (I do this sometimes myself).

3. Survival DI (or otherwise changing knockback trajectory so you dont die from a killer move) A lot of times I would see you flying further off stage at lower trajectories than I thought was appropriate. I dont really know how to improve DI, I just meditated on it for a month and then with practice I got much better. Also, I think its very helpful to find yourself in positions where you NEED to DI well to survive/compete. This is often best achieved by playing who are better than you, or otherwise have an easy time of killing you, a quality I dont think you will find in Sano at the moment (no offense to Sano). There has to be a strong will to preserve your stocks because of a serious threat of losing them. Treat every stock like it was your last.

3a. Escape DI, although it was not apparent because not very often did I see Sano comboing you, but if you have to work on survival DI its likely you also need to work on this. DIing out of combos is crucial against technical players using faster characters. I need to work more on this myself.

4. You probably need to grab more in general.

tentative rating: 5.7/10

good luck

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
lol i love how cash money is HRP all the way in florida. now thats commitment. 8P

yo butta i wouldnt MM bailey if i were u. play me first since im pretty close to u. if u cant beat me. bailey will **** u. we can set up when we'll play on aim

SN: BigOsea2

yo son.he isnt that good.i beat him,MM him and beat him

and from his videos,he seems just fair for bailey,his sheik is mad good so its all good man

and yeah ima REP DAT **** :colorful:

Scar

#HarveyDent
+ Props for your Sheik.

- Props for posting a video of you 4-stocking a marth who didn't fair once the whole match, much less twice in one SH.

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
nice

dude your shiek is pritty good, it seems you got the advanced skills and everything , i would like to see you play someone besides link, it seems that you play that person all the time and you allready seem to know what his next move is going to do. I cant really say anything just that its a nice shiek , but i want to see it in some good action, maybe play people on your same lvl , good stuff dude.

Bailey

Smash Hero
LOL I am not calm did I say 30 I meant 50 LOL. THN don't ruin it for me lol obviously he hasn't looked and the NY rankings so NVM MM is already set lol. This will be fun.

Bailey

Smash Hero
LOL I am not calm did I say 30 I meant 50 LOL. THN don't ruin it for me lol obviously he hasn't looked and the NY rankings so NVM MM is already set lol. This will be fun.

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
haha well thanks everyone for your crits. iv been to 4 smash tournements. got top 16 in amateur brackets at MLG new york. I dont play against link at all actually. i invited my friend sano to come over and play cuz i just got my cap card set up but yeah. i never play link and i have really no practice against marth link or young link. a lot of people from nj play smash but im not really THAT big on the scene, so i dont get practice against people of my level. im going to smashtality so hopefully il see some of you guys there. il money match anyone really i dont care about losing money i just like going against people at their very best. iv never seen bailey play i've just heard some stuff about him that he's said. supposedly hes like the best inNY or some **** but idc, i just want a good match. to DAbear, thanks a lot i've never gotten a crit that lengthy lol. anyway thanks for watchin my vids hopfully il have some more up against better people.

thx yallll -tmb

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Hey TMB, the last time we spoke was at the March Terrabite Tourny, anyway

the Sheik vids are pretty good, I don't have any advice cuz I don't play Sheik :urg: , I play Luigi:psycho:

lol at random Marth ditto.

Top Bottom