• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Peach Please From 1 To 10

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hello Smashers. How are you all. Well, Some may know me and others may not, But just to get it out the way, Im from my crew Called Imperial Era with other great players. (check my Crew therad for More videos of me andthe other members of my thread. Im on a mission to be the best Peach player in my state. Its hard work But I do what I can. ok now to my topic...

Some People complain about my style saying Dsmash is all I do. And here is a new one...I grabb to much. The hell kind of crap is that, I grab too much!? I never heard such a john for winning in my life. I stay hearing People complain about how I fight. I ask them can they beat me or have they. When they say yes, I say then shut the hell up.Like other characters in this game are not as bad.

Ok, REAL topic. I want you all to rate my Peach. 1 being the lowest. 10 bein the best, and also tell me what you think Of my style of play, good, bad, ok? and be honest. You think my style is bad, say it. I want people opinions and those are not always positive. I just need to know where I stand in this game and what to do next to get better.

Here I have what I think are my Best matches.........

Dark.Pch Vs NinjaLink

Dark.Pch Vs. K.D

Dark.Pch Vs 4eyz

Dark.Pch Vs NinjaLink #2

Dark.Pch Vs NinjaLink #3

Dark.Pch Vs Jash

Dark.Pch Vs. Jash #2

Dark.Pch Vs. D101

So what do you guys thinks. Am I good, bad terrible? Do I have good mindgames. Please let me know. I really need to know. Some may have seen these in my crew video thread so you can just rate and comment on me. Thanks again for those that post here in advance, it really means alot from you smash players out there

Zoap

Smash Master
I watched 3 or so matches, ill watch more later.

hmm it seems u dont move very quickly(not a bad thing) but your opponents style dont require it.

some things i noticed, you seem to always dash attack. Its very predictable. Try mixing it up wit dash grabs. Also your opponents think u grab too much ?!? I think you dont grab enough.

Chainthrow Fox from 40-80% but this fox didnt seem like it was really necessary.

You dont FC alot which is probably why you seem to dsmash alot.

Dont roll so much.

Overall theres alot you can work on:
Dash Grab occasionally instead of dash attack
More FC fair into dsmash
Roll much less
Chaingrab Fox Falco and Falcon with Uthrow from 40-80%
Work on your edgeguarding using Bair or Dair to Nair
Tech Chase your opponents with a Dsmash

Mostly don't worry about what your opponents say, Dsmash and Grabs are not overwhelmingly powerful tactic.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks. oh and the new videos I put up i do a lot more of Of grabs and im a lil more faster. You'll see when you watch them. thanks again

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
you seem to have the general peach idea down, you def need to fc more. and dash attack less i would say...i think he said that tho switch it up a little i would say..after only watching a few matches i could predict some of your attacks so that wasnt good. Just keep playing your right at the peak of excellence i think, with 4-5 more months of good practice you will be extremely good man.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
you seem to have the general peach idea down, you def need to fc more. and dash attack less i would say...i think he said that tho switch it up a little i would say..after only watching a few matches i could predict some of your attacks so that wasnt good. Just keep playing your right at the peak of excellence i think, with 4-5 more months of good practice you will be extremely good man.
Thanks dude. And yea I dont float cancel alot. Im more of a ground fighter as you can see. Peach is really ment to be played in the air. Im starting to FC more. I started like Last weak maybe. bUt I just move into attacks or leave myself open. I can seem to use it good. But Im gonna work on it.Maybe my next videos, I will have done better with her FC cancel since im practicing aT IT

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
You're not doing too bad, Dark.Pch, I'll give you a 6.66 >_>

some things i noticed, you seem to always dash attack. Its very predictable. Try mixing it up wit dash grabs. Also your opponents think u grab too much ?!? I think you dont grab enough.

Chainthrow Fox from 40-80% but this fox didnt seem like it was really necessary.

You dont FC alot which is probably why you seem to dsmash alot.

Dont roll so much.

Overall theres alot you can work on:
Dash Grab occasionally instead of dash attack
More FC fair into dsmash
Roll much less
Chaingrab Fox Falco and Falcon with Uthrow from 40-80%
Work on your edgeguarding using Bair or Dair to Nair
Tech Chase your opponents with a Dsmash

Mostly don't worry about what your opponents say, Dsmash and Grabs are not overwhelmingly powerful tactic.
Zoap pretty much covered what I was going to say, but I'll elaborate a little more in hopes of contributing something.

-Chainthrows are powerful tools that tip the balance in your favor if you get the process down. Minus chainthrowing, space animals would be a bit harder to take on in my opinion.

-Being spontaneous is a key to playing Peach in practically every single dimension. I used to be good at it, and you complimented me for it ;) , now I'm telling you to do it. If your opponent has to keep guessing, and you prove them wrong, you will win the mental battle, and probably the fight. I'll break this down depending on the aspect:
*Approach: You have quite a few viable options for approach, which will let you keep everything mixed up. I'll list just a few I do to get you thinking:
1) dash attack (obviously, lots of people do it. Just don't let yourself get shieldgrabbed)
2) grab of any kind (JC, dash, standing, etc.)
3) throw turnip, follow it. If player blocks it, grab them or whatever else you feel might work.
4) SH, throw turnip, float, FC fair. This is my personal favorite to the turnip approaches I use, so I made it seperate. For some reason, people scramble to dodge the turnip and tend to leave themselves open to the fair.
5) If they shield, you could try jumping over them, wavelanding backwards, and dsmashing
6) FC fair (to slaps if they shield)
7) Sh and throw a turnip to shift the direction you're facing, FC the proper air. I use this defensively most of the time, but it can be an approach if they get confused by you chucking the turnip the wrong way.
Those are only a few things. Think up stuff on your own and see what works.

*Defense
1)The best defense is good spacing. If fox approaches you with a SHFFLed nair, WD back and punish him how you see fit. If you can bait someone into chasing you, let them think they've caught you and at the last moment, instant FC a bair or an nair to their face. DD camp to force an approach, then at the last second jump out of the way and FC an aerial to mount your own offensive. Just some possibilities
2) Shield grabs of course.
3)Turnip spam will frustrate your opponent often times, causing rash decisions. Yay, easy counter attack for you!
4) If you see an attack or grab coming, slaps can sometimes ward them off.

*Edgeguard
You've got lots of options. Dsmash, bair, nair, fair, edgehog, intercept -> grab -> fthrow, dair -> nair if you space it correctly, fsmash(though I'd advise against it, as it doesn't always get the kill), usmash (situational), and of course turnips. Turnips can manipulate your opponent to the point that you force them to recover how YOU want them to, resulting in an easy edgeguard. Just keep things mixed up.

-so yeah, overall, try to be more unpredictable and space well.
-FC aerials to achieve greater speed.
-grab more.
-more turnips ^_^ can't ever have too many turnips.
-techchasing is your friend. Punish them every time they get predictable.

uh, some other stuff I had in mind to say but can't think of at the moment, I'll edit if I remember....

I hope this helped you!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
66.6?....this must mean something special?........>___>

Ha ha, thanks for the details. My weakness is that I cant use my FC well, I run into attacks or leave myself open, but Im gonna work at the now and see if I can learn it well.This really helps. If you have more, please post here, I need all the advice I can get

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
66.6?....this must mean something special?........>___>

Ha ha, thanks for the details. My weakness is that I cant use my FC well, I run into attacks or leave myself open, but Im gonna work at the now and see if I can learn it well.This really helps. If you have more, please post here, I need all the advice I can get
6.66 Don't move my decimal :) I was just giving an evil 6.5 ^_^

Some other things I remembered that I would've posted the first time, but since I'm replying I'll say them here:

- you can double jump cancel aerials to enhance your speed as well, just don't forget the l-cancel and the FF or you wont get the same effect.
-You might be able to cut back on running inot attacks by resisting the urge to roll towards the opponent. Sometimes you got away with this, but others you were punished. More oftentimes against a skilled player you will be hurt badly for this kind of tactic.
- in addition to float canceling, make sure you can follow up those aerials in various situations, such has the aerial hitting, the opponent shielding, the opponent dodging, etc.
-try to bait platform dsmashes, hehe.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Dash dance or something...when you are running you have small pauses for no reason.

USE TURNIPS. Turnips own..they combo into aerials easily. Learn how to use them and master them.

dont over use up smash, especially at low percents...im not gonna say never use it...cause good peaches throw it in...but I never use it.

use more aerials...u D smash too much.....and yes I just said a peach D smashed too much:)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Some other things I remembered that I would've posted the first time, but since I'm replying I'll say them here:

- you can double jump cancel aerials to enhance your speed as well, just don't forget the l-cancel and the FF or you wont get the same effect.
-You might be able to cut back on running inot attacks by resisting the urge to roll towards the opponent. Sometimes you got away with this, but others you were punished. More oftentimes against a skilled player you will be hurt badly for this kind of tactic.
- in addition to float canceling, make sure you can follow up those aerials in various situations, such has the aerial hitting, the opponent shielding, the opponent dodging, etc.
-try to bait platform dsmashes, hehe.
I Just remembered that your the Peach player I gave all that advice to in that crew battle. Wow. I gave all that advice, and I cant even use it myself >___<

Thanks again, I'll keep note of all of this

Dash dance or something...when you are running you have small pauses for no reason.

USE TURNIPS. Turnips own..they combo into aerials easily. Learn how to use them and master them.

dont over use up smash, especially at low percents...im not gonna say never use it...cause good peaches throw it in...but I never use it.

use more aerials...u D smash too much.....and yes I just said a peach D smashed too much:)

What you said does not surprise me. A Peach can Dsmash too much, and get owned for it I just cant think or play right cause people always complain about how I fight and I hate that. so it throws my off and I play like a noob so they can stop crying. but I'll get to work on this. thanks again

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
you're doing alright, but like others said, you need to be more unpredictable and mobile. I find a lot of mindgames come out from moving a lot, but remaining coherent so that you can react to anytihng at any given time. I wish I could say more, but everything else has pretty much been covered already >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh heh, thanks, and will do. The more I hear it, the more I will work on it, hoping I will get it down Packed

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
i love the way the link played. too bad he lost against the peach, in the vid that i watched.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ya that link is good. And a bit of advice to you, next time stick to the topic of the thread please. Cause not doing that can get it closed. Thank you.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
hey i noticed a couple people were commenting on downsmashing, this isnt something to work on its something i do alot that may suit your playing style, while chainthrowing or instead of chainthrowing, randomly throw in an up throw to down smash at low percents trust me it catches people off guard alot. but shhhh its our secret and even more on topic try downsmashing to pressure shields and after techchasing see how that works not just to try and rack up damage.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, I see what you mean, i tierd that at times but Need to do other things to get better with her.

Say, why have you all not gave my Peach a rating!? >___<M

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman

Say, why have you all not gave my Peach a rating!? >___<M

hey, I gave you a rating! ;) Guess I'm nobody now >_< Oh well. While I'm here, a few general mantras to repeat that sum up some of the advice...

-Do not roll towards the opponent to close the distance...
-Do not use the same trick more than twice before throwing in something new to mix it up.
-L-cancel just in case...
-Become one with the art of dsmash...
-Techchasing takes patience
-They need better nutrition, give them more turnips. More...turnips...

Kman25

Smash Ace
Nice Peach man =), I only watched the one VS Jash though. But personally try and get your movement sorted, If you wanna become faster try and get wavedashing and dash dancing into your system a lot more, so then you would probably stop rolling as much. And what I like to do when I have a turnip is to float after I throw it so I can float cancel an aerial to a dsmash or grab or etc. Also you sholdnt look for the shieldgrab as much, try and do an aerial out of shield, But pretty much everything else was said, I would say a 6 but still really good stuff man, Keeep on it =D

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, well most of its been said already. Its hard to give you a rating because... I wasnt particulary impressed by your opponents, jash was the best imo and even he messed up more than a couple DIs. If you wanna be best in your state you definately have to get out to tournaments, no other way around it.

My advice to you (though im by no stretch of the imagination an expert) less dash attack. I didnt really think you dsmashed TOO much because your opponents werent punishing you. If it aint broke dont fix it. But be ready to switch up your style when your opponents are more addaptive.

I didnt see a lot of float cancelling because I didnt se a lot of floating. If you arent comfortable with it just yet try some of these fun tricks:

Empty floating (dont attack just float and land really quick to confuse the opposition)
Retreating floating fair (good after running in or out of a dash dance)
Running away into a bair at the opponent (I think Elfen leid was suggesting something like this)

Also, I generally prefer downthrow to upthrow on all characters except fast fallers (I guess roy falls sorta fast though...). Lastly, try to help your opponents out (especially on DI--i.e. generally DI up or up and into the stage, on moves that dont hit you straight up anyway! The better the opposition, the better you must be to succeed.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
hey, I gave you a rating! ;) Guess I'm nobody now >_< Oh well. While I'm here, a few general mantras to repeat that sum up some of the advice...

-Do not roll towards the opponent to close the distance...
-Do not use the same trick more than twice before throwing in something new to mix it up.
-L-cancel just in case...
-Become one with the art of dsmash...
-Techchasing takes patience
-They need better nutrition, give them more turnips. More...turnips...
Hee hee hee, I know you did, guess I should have been more clear. And thanks for the extra tips. I was up all nite trying and working on all the tips I got here. Im gonna work even harder this time, but im not gonna stay up all nite. My eyes @____@........lol

mah bad, like a 6 on the reg characters but maybe a 7 on fox from what i saw
Thanks dude, Foxes are kinda tuff on my but I know how those players play and When I watch a fox move and stuff, I get a clue on how to fight them at times. The rest of them, meh guess I could do better but still thanks. Im gonna work harder then before

Nice Peach man =), I only watched the one VS Jash though. But personally try and get your movement sorted, If you wanna become faster try and get wavedashing and dash dancing into your system a lot more, so then you would probably stop rolling as much. And what I like to do when I have a turnip is to float after I throw it so I can float cancel an aerial to a dsmash or grab or etc. Also you shouldnt look for the shieldgrab as much, try and do an aerial out of shield, But pretty much everything else was said, I would say a 6 but still really good stuff man, Keeep on it =D
Ok. Wow, it seems I really need to FC more, Im use to the ground so it is new and kinda tuff to air fight but im working on it. thanks for the tips dude.

Hmm, well most of its been said already. Its hard to give you a rating because... I wasnt particulary impressed by your opponents, jash was the best imo and even he messed up more than a couple DIs. If you wanna be best in your state you definately have to get out to tournaments, no other way around it.

My advice to you (though im by no stretch of the imagination an expert) less dash attack. I didnt really think you dsmashed TOO much because your opponents werent punishing you. If it aint broke dont fix it. But be ready to switch up your style when your opponents are more addaptive.

I didnt see a lot of float cancelling because I didnt se a lot of floating. If you arent comfortable with it just yet try some of these fun tricks:

Empty floating (dont attack just float and land really quick to confuse the opposition)
Retreating floating fair (good after running in or out of a dash dance)
Running away into a bair at the opponent (I think Elfen leid was suggesting something like this)

Also, I generally prefer downthrow to upthrow on all characters except fast fallers (I guess roy falls sorta fast though...). Lastly, try to help your opponents out (especially on DI--i.e. generally DI up or up and into the stage, on moves that dont hit you straight up anyway! The better the opposition, the better you must be to succeed.
Yes sir, I'll get right to work on that. Less dashing, more aerials and FC, ok im on to practicing that. Thanks for the tips. Ha ha ha, onces again, More say I need to use FC more. I have to so like get use to fighting in the air. Its like a bad habit im a ground fighter.>___<

9 g00d as hell BrAh
O___O Is this a joke post or are you serious, and if not please tell me why. I need reasons why you think so.

Link226

Smash Ace
Honestly Dark.Pch your peach is on point. U beat me good man....i was close tho...i mean i think your really good if u can beat Jash on the daily...his young link be on some other **** lol....O yea its me 4eyez

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Honestly Dark.Pch your peach is on point. U beat me good man....i was close tho...i mean i think your really good if u can beat Jash on the daily...his young link be on some other **** lol....O yea its me 4eyez
Lol, thanks and Yea, Jash is on some next level. He is a tuff one that boy. Hey, you never gave me a rating.>___<

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow, really? Dang I wanted that 4........>_____>

Hee hee. Thanks for the ight. Dude, you can come 2morrow if you want. I can get more videos of you. and bring K.D if you can

Top Bottom