• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Metaknight!

xxmaliciousxx

Smash Cadet
I think you could do better.

Rules of thumb:

1 - Do not jab! (holding the A button)

It is not a good repellent.
It does little damage.

2 - Use more smash attacks

That's where all of MKnight's damage and knockback is

3 - Dodge/Roll more.

Doing that you could have avoided many of Marth's attacks.

4 - Use your (B) Tornado a tiny bit more.

All in all, you're not bad.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
whoa, that metaknight needs a lot of work.

First of, you don't just go flying around attacking. I don't know why people think that's going to work. Metaknight is about spacing. You need to take advantage of those disjointed hitboxes and amazing priority. Ftilt, fair, bair and dtilt are needed tools for spacing. If you plan on using metaknight, you better learn proper spacing.

GiNO The KiDD

Smash Cadet
Ok, it needs some work.First of all don't hold A, its just laggy and does very little damage.Dont go flying around and trying to hit, it doesn't work.You need to space alot more and smash more.Like fair, nair, dtilt, and ftilt are all spacing moves.Use them!

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
1- dont hold A (it is not useful at all)
2-use your normal glide not the shuttle loop glide (that way you dont get left in a helpless state)
3- work on your edge gaurding ( it needs work)
4- use tornado to recover ( it is way more efecent and way less gimpable)
5- spot dodge
6- use down throw

id give you 7/10

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
1- dont hold A (it is not useful at all)
2-use your normal glide not the shuttle loop glide (that way you dont get left in a helpless state)
3- work on your edge gaurding ( it needs work)
4- use tornado to recover ( it is way more efecent and way less gimpable)
5- spot dodge
6- use down throw

id give you 7/10
Tornado won't help at all, it bounces off ledges, pretty much leaving your only option as going above the ledge and leaving yourself helpless for an unnecessary amount of time

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Tornado won't help at all, it bounces off ledges, pretty much leaving your only option as going above the ledge and leaving yourself helpless for an unnecessary amount of time
From below the stage, no; level with the stage, yes. The tornado is actually decent for horizontal recovery, like Metahunter said since it's near-impossible to gimp, short of projectile spam.

-Final-

Aria♪
If I were you, I would refrain from using so many b attacks, such as your tornado attack, and use your shuttle loop attack going towards the stage. This is just my opinion, though

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
sry to say this but u need some work with meda u leave urslf to open, try not to use your side b drill as much and try to grab some. most combos usually start with a grab

boricua_d3vil

Smash Rookie

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Um, as a MK main, I suggest you stick with your awesome olimar, and pick up G&W, cause that's still the best secondary I've seen from you. I'm not sure, but I think G&W covers olimars bad matchups and you seem to mesh well with G&W way more than MK.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
you both suck player 1 and player 2
dont come here talking ****, you have 2 posts and probably joined yesterday, this guy is looking for some tips to improve.

So i watched the videos and here are some things you can improve on/refrain from doing.
1. do not offensively up b away from the stage when youre already off of it
2. Refrain from using the B moves so much.
3. when recovering use all of your jumps first, THEN up B/ or mach tornado (i do not think the drill rush is a good recovery option imo.
4. Spot dodge more
5.use more dsmash every time u did the upsmash
6. use tilts (side and down) to approach

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Whoa... that post totally make you look like a horrible flamer man... and yeah he's looking for help... Let's try to keep this normally friendly (Ridley 4 Brawl thread incident was nasty with the whole Bowser Jr. 4 Brawl flamming hot argument) forums a clean place k' if you want to be unfriendly stick to Halo forums and other forums

As for the videos consider this:
1. It could be the matchup your not good with...
(In this case visit the Ask All Match Up questions here thread Zephyr and I started)
2. Yeah the jabs need to go

3. Post these videos again in the Brawl Media section to get a wider spread of videos...

Excellence

Smash Champion
Play me so I can show you just how badly you suck. Don't ever tell someone who is seeking out help they suck, it will only discourage him from seeking additional help, which he may need in the future.

Your Meta Knight does need work, as you said. For recovery, don't immediately go for the ledge. There is (usually) the option of gliding (hold jump) and hitting your opponent with your glide attack. That way, if you mess up, you can try and recover with Up B. If you don't like that, I'd go with Mach Tornado, lined up with the stage of course. Like everyone is saying, it's hard to gimp. For added surprise, add in a few F-B recoveries, they can be drilled into the ledge to grasp it, or aimed at an unsuspecting opponent.

Don't just run in with F-Airs wildly swinging, you can use them to keep your distance from your opponent, but don't abuse them. I would advise you to use Mach Tornado from up close, too. It's harder for your opponent to catch, and it racks up damage quickly.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Oh right forgot about that...
6.5/10
sry about low score its just seems right in my opinion

note: master spacing to gain Mk's fair's semi- spike sweet spot\

and now guys let's just drop boricua_d3vil's mean comment he doesnt deserve that much attention easy as that

waks

Smash Journeyman
You can glide when coming back to the stage from above so that you dont waste your jumps. Also, cancel your shuttle loop with a glide attack so that its less laggy when you land.

Dont use neutral A button D;

If you will do an Fair approach, try to space it up a bit. Holding back on the stick when doing Fair would work.

Top Bottom