• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Marth

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
Yes I know rating other people threads are a bit lame but I need some help.

Sadly I don't have any good people to play at the moment but I want to improve so I can play my friends and possibly play in some tourneys in the Summer.

I'm playing a lvl 9 fox (this just keeps getting worse doesn't it?) so not the greatest of matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JynH7pD0tb0

HELP ME!!

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
You're off to a great start. You only said rate, but I'll help you give some tips. My is my best character by the way.

I would rate you a 5/10

You can do so much but not much. I see tons of shuffling and jump cancels. There are even some edgeguards. How I would describe your Marth is; One who is very talented but uncontrolled.

Playing through Super Smash Bros Melee, you would see that being a shuffle maniac isn't such a good thing to do. Marth, I believe, is the best chain grabber in the game. This means that you must incorporate more grabs into your gameplay. Throws can easily be lead into more throws or a strong blow like his forward smash.

I hope you can learn more and get better. Until than, have fun learning! ^^

Jem.

Smash Master
It's alright, but..
1. It's a computer
2. You jump, really high, a lot..
3. Up throw up tilt or something?

Either way, only way to get better is to go out and go to a local smashfest or tournament.

ch00

Smash Cadet
You probably know that fighting against lvl9 will ruin your game..so I won't say that..:laugh:
You seem to know how to shffl and how to wavedash, very good keep it up ! Try shdouble fairs..the best thing is to practise them on a lvl1 bowser.

Try to dashdance more and learn how to dashdance to jcgrabs..they are really usefull and it helps to keep the speed up. Your Marth can be hella faster if you dd more. If you can do it consistantly, mix your techniques up..like dd->wavedash forward dd wavedash backward and try some shffld fairs or nairs in between them.

Focus more on techniques and less on 1vs1 matches against lvl9's. Overall a 6/10:)

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
Yeah sorry my bad I was writing this at 2 in the morning and thought I said it was on PAL but clearly didn't :p. Thanks for the advice and rates. Yeah chaingrabbing isn't such a good option :). Theres no one decent to play (I'm at uni at the moment) which is a bit annoying. Thank again :)

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I can't really rate your Marth, but I say that there were too many DSmashes. Normally that move is laggy and if you miss there is more than enough lag, for a human player to punish. I also say that when you were on the edge, you never used a ledge hop. A ledge hop can open up quite a few opportunities for a Marth. That was just my opinion though. I think you could be a lot better if you actually find some friends to play against though, even if they are bad.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
just watch a lot of vids like ken m2k like rawsex said it helps lol i just sterted to play marth a lil while ago and i can play hiim in tourny now lol vids help a lot so u should do that but i think u r a 5/10 and that good so just keep trying and u get it lol and u should trying playing on lvl 1 cpu cause it is easy to do your marth combos and u get it lol so yea good luck to u man hope u get better

Top Bottom