• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Marth (Fly Leaf)

darkshy

Smash Ace
From what I see your pretty good. use your throws a little more they work wounders, and don't forget to use the counter it can really help at times.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
vs fox and falco with marth you should exploit the up throw way more, you can chaingrab them a few times usually, and when they get to the percentage where they can jump out... (like 40-50% or even sometimes less, depends on how well you wiggle) you can end with a nair for the best knockback, a tipper fsmash if you see them low enough to the ground, or a fair and attempt to combo. I usually go with the nair as you can hit with it 100% of the time if you read DI and know how far your throw will send them per percentage, and the nair has the highest knockback, you can usually get the fox/falco off the edge and edgeguard after your first throw combo.

Hope this helps :)

(Im not much of a marth player though, im sure there are a lot of other techniques that could benefit you aswell, good luck!)

Lesheik

Smash Lord
vs fox and falco with marth you should exploit the up throw way more, you can chaingrab them a few times usually, and when they get to the percentage where they can jump out... (like 40-50% or even sometimes less, depends on how well you wiggle) you can end with a nair for the best knockback, a tipper fsmash if you see them low enough to the ground, or a fair and attempt to combo. I usually go with the nair as you can hit with it 100% of the time if you read DI and know how far your throw will send them per percentage, and the nair has the highest knockback, you can usually get the fox/falco off the edge and edgeguard after your first throw combo.

Hope this helps :)

(Im not much of a marth player though, im sure there are a lot of other techniques that could benefit you aswell, good luck!)
Thanks, dude. I'll try that out.

Another video is coming up soon, so check for the update!

Anemone

Smash Rookie
I hate to do this, but what is that song in the video; it's so very familiar. As for comments, you game seems pretty good, you need to toss in up-tilts though. Then again maybe you do use them and chose not to use them for that match up. Also you may want to vary you edge game a little, you were somewhat spammy with the over-smashes. Over-smash is great for edges, but some other moves like d-tilt or a ledge hopped bair may be worth trying more often as they don't lag as much (not against falco, by the time you get there he is probably already out of position unless you had it planned). And yea I did notice that you were using d-tilt for edge game, I just used it as an example. Basicly if your oponent has no more options other than up-b or they are predictable you should oversmash, but if they have other moves available you should try something with less lag. At least that's what I try to do.

GuyverProxy

Smash Rookie
You play very similar to how I do, and even more similar to my friend. I'd say you're probably at the same level or a little higher than us. I recommend using the poke of doom on the edge more often though for Falco a simple C-stick works just as good. As said above, more grabbing is a + for better combo set ups and control.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Mm, that wasn't very good. Falco missed a lot of easy techs, and wasn't playing very smart at all recovery-wise. In a nutshell, he just got hit by way too many random fsmashes that shouldn't have hit him.

Marth needs to use uthrow. A lot. ***** that move. Marth has guaranteed chainthrow on both space animals until about 27%-31%, where you must execute a pivot grab if you want to continue the chainthrow, but most just choose to utilt and continue with another grab or fair/nair chains from there. If the grab allows, continue to uthrow and utilt, eventually ending it with a fsmash (preferably a tipper) at around 70% or so, and just edgeguard with dtilt/fsmash from there.

Watch some vids, and I think that the recent FL Gigabits vids would help both of you out a lot. Shiz plays an extremely aggressive Falco, and Dark Falchion does a pretty good job or abusing the advantages that marth has (chainthrow, edgeguarding, etc.). Can't really say that much more until you make some improvement, since you still do have quite a bit to learn about the Marth v. Falco matchup.

Top Bottom