• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Luigi

BentoBox

Smash Master
-more short hops, less full jumps
-more double aerials (Double back-air shffls are hawt)
-more nados because someone else will tell you to do so even though I don't even use it that much myself (on the ground that is). Works well on fast-fallers(Fox is one). Work on rising up+Bs too :O. Helps at first when your opponent edgehogs too early and doesn't expect you to stall under the ledge for so long; When near the stage, nado->up+b often knocks out the edgehogger~ More options = good.
-try dashdancing/walking slowly towards your opponent/running forward-WDing back/etc..., may not seem that useful but it makes you a lot less predictable.
-Wavelanding helps with follow-ups/combos. If you're not going to 2x aerial, try wavelanding to keep the pressure on.

Hmm, thats all @_@

Luigi_Mast3r

Smash Rookie
I'm 14... and what is your problem? I post a video here hoping to get some advice and all i get is a load of crap by people who just cba to be nice..

nublet06

Smash Lord
yeah but you dont do them cleanly. you need to do them all better.

how long have you been playing? i was around this skill level after 2 months. so if you are new dont worry about it. you just need to play more (a little late with brawl coming out) but if you have been playing a long time you need to get your stuff together.

Luigi_Mast3r

Smash Rookie
ive been playing since the game came out, but only for fun ive only just got into the advanced techniques recently

mario-man

Smash Lord
I think he means work on it MORE. Learn to WD every time with almost no exceptions.

Don't roll at all. I realize it may be accidental. If it isn't, stop rolling. If it is, then obviously just work on consistency.

Don't do forward-B hoping for a misfire in the middle of the stage. ONLY use it for recovery.

Go play some Mario Party games so that your fingers will get faster (especially your thumb) cuz your gonna need it for tornado recovering.

Short hop, fastfall, l-cancel more often, etc...

You're not extremely bad so don't let anyone tell you that. Keep it up.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Rarely!!!!

And i DO mean RARELY!!

Uhh.....never rolling is not stupid.

In case you didn't notice the lag time of a roll...........

mario-man

Smash Lord
I didn't say that certain characters roll lag was less. I said you should not roll due to lag time.

F0xst3r

Smash Rookie
no need 2 be harshe on him i was his opponent on the vids so i shud no that he is gd but rolling may have lag but it is efective for evading if ur on a hi percentage

C 3

Smash Ace
Rolling is not the end of the world, take it from ka. Rolling effectively is good. It's a good way to avoid falco's lasering to u and then smashin' u. It's mainly in the player's style that defines what's useful and what's not.

Jeez

Smash Rookie
Take advantage of using more aerials every jump, make up combos as you go if you don't have any, just rack up damage in the air.
Mindgame better with WD
Don't use that triple neutral A thing.. that was pathetic, Im sorry..

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah it's got a decent start

However if you want to go taking 9th at Esticle like awsmsean you're gonna need more experience.

LETSPLAYSOMETETRIS

Smash Rookie
well in my opinion you should work on just being quciker with the controlls from what i saw u were kinda delayed with attakcing. and when versing fox as long as you dont let him get you in the air your good (idk random tip)

bigman40

Smash Master
One thing I'll say is try to fix the quality before you post it. It's hard having to strain my eyes to see whats really going on. Next time, try putting your camera at a higher angle, and put your tv at lower contrast.

As I was watching, I saw you grabbing at random spots. Umm...why? Make sure you know that your grab will connect (or be close enough). You don't need to try to grab when your opponent has already moved away.

Don't charge smashes unless you know for certain that they can't retailiate.

Don't spam so many smashes. The lag time from them can get you punished badly.

You should short hop alot more and fastfall more too. Also, when grabbing fast fallers you need to use up throw. It leads to more combos like chain grabs, uair to fair/dair. The down throw is more useful against characters who float more.

You should mix up your strategies too. I was able to predict most of your moves after a few mintues. Also, mix up your approach when you get onto the ledge. You can't drop down and comeback with an atk all the time. It sets you up for an easy counter. (use dash dancing, wavedashing, running and others to mix it up.)

Learn to utilize luigi's spot dodge more. It's quick and it easily allows you to counter with a grab to combos.

Learn to edge hog to force opponents to land on the platforms. It gives you a chance to atk while they are recovering.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but thats what I see wrong in your game. Also look up Ka-Master combo vids and 1v1s. They are good help.

FloatingLuigi

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with the above post. Very nice constructive help.

Some key things to play with is if you ever do roll, always use the c-stick to roll. This lets you will much faster.
When i play My Luigi, i rarely roll, but thats just because i spam wavedash >.<
When you do use your sheild, becareful for that grab, because it can come very quickly against good players.
Also, grabs are great. They get distance, they set up for some fun short-hop comboes and they are great because Luigi's Wave-grab can cover some insane distance.
Also, always try to use your Forward smash on Foxes, rather than you up or down smash. Fox is hard to kill upward.
Luigi's greatest strength is the amount of aerial atacks he can fit in with his 2 jumps. Abuse this feature. Juggle juggle juggle with your aerials, use your B-Air to edgehog, use your F-air to edgehog, and your U-air.
Try practicing using your wave-dash into a shorthop. This can be difficult but pays off when you pull off an insane juggle across the stage.
Also, tonadoes are awsome to use against quick characters. With good throwback and great cover area, your tornado can seriously piss off opponents.
And dont waste your time usin gmoves that never connect.
Fast falling as Luigi is also vital, as it can free up more chances to fit in some damage.
All in all your Luigi does need work, but dont finsih reading this post thinking you suck, because you dont.

Top Bottom