• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Ike Please (+Video)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hello, i just want people to see how i do with Ike. This is the only video of me playing smash bros (I didnt even upload it xD) and I think i am better from this time. But please tell me what Im doing right, and what i should work on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCkYpKIsMKI

I think i got one good kill (2:57) and one stupid death (at the end)

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Your Ike isn't great, but you're on the right track to becoming better.
One thing that you could practice is your short-hopping; I noticed, at times like 2:38; that FAir left you wide open. If you would have short-hopped instead, it would most likely have hit. You also missed many opportunities to attack. I noticed that you often used Quick Draw to attack when you were next to Snake. Instead of using Quick Draw, a good attack for you to use would be Ike's FTilt, short hop into NAir, or a standard A combo.

FTilt Tip: By holding the analog stick slightly up, down, or straight across, you can change the direction in which people sent flying by the FTilt.

I liked how you used your invincibility at 1:50 to detonate that bomb. That was resourceful. Also, your kill at 2:59 was absolutely beautiful. I love it when I see a kill like that.

Practice your aerial game a little bit more; BAirs are great when they hit, and NAir combos are good. Also, if you short hop and use a UAir while fast falling, your opponent is likely to get hit by it, even if they are on the ground.

Your Ike was fun to watch. I enjoyed critiquing you. Hope that helped. :)

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I'd like to add to the person above me. You shouldn't chase after Snake with Aether when he is using upb. Rather just follow him on the ground to catch him with an aerial later. Also, the both of you jump over the mines and airdodge or something, while you can just roll over them. If you stand besides the mine (from his dsmash), you can roll to detonate it and be done with it.

Also, hold A to do your jab, a few times you got punished because you did the third jab and that left you open.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Waaay to predictable, and you need to use the jab better and more often. And your timing on those aerials wasn't very good, wait for them to at least get near, not while they are like half of FD away from you.

And that Snake really sucked.

emblem pride

Smash Journeyman
Well first off funny d tilt spike, first thing I noticed was to much rolling. Use more tilts especially u tilt, and use n air more its safer than f air b/c there isn't any landing lag I only really use f air to out range my opponent. and once again hilarious d tilt spike lol.

Top Bottom