• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my falcon

FlyingBigMoney

Smash Rookie
Don't post videos of playing computers. It's perfectly fine to play them if you don't have anything else to do, but it's considered stupid by a lot of people to post vids playing computers.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
I play very much like you! My favorite poking move is his nair lol & nice juggling. ^^ I don't think you used the Pawnch too much; the only problem was that I never heard "Show me ya Moves!" or "C'mawn!" But I guess it's a preference and not a staple of Craptain Falcon's metagame lol

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
I play very much like you! My favorite poking move is his nair lol & nice juggling. ^^ I don't think you used the Pawnch too much; the only problem was that I never heard "Show me ya Moves!" or "C'mawn!" But I guess it's a preference and not a staple of Craptain Falcon's metagame lol
you have disgraced Captain Falcon's name, you do not deserve to use him ever again.
lol
and pretty decent falcon btw

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
Here's some good suggestions. Play without rolling at all. There's only 2 situations where you really need to roll:
-when a smash attack is probably going to hit.
-After your opponents death as a way to avoid being hit during his invuln.

The other thing is use raptor boost as an approach when he's falling from his aerials.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Hmm, there was a bit in the second video when Mario jumped out to meet you off the stage, and you knocked him back on. In that case I would probably have tried a Raptor Boost...it works on bots and maybe it'll work on your friends too ^^

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Here's some good suggestions. Play without rolling at all. There's only 2 situations where you really need to roll:
-when a smash attack is probably going to hit.
-After your opponents death as a way to avoid being hit during his invuln.

The other thing is use raptor boost as an approach when he's falling from his aerials.
the part I bolded isn't a time to roll imo, especially against a falcon (Dsmash hazard)
and against most other characters rolling during their invul. time isn't a good idea (imo)
better sh airdodge during that time or something else XD

and eRonin: raptor boost recovering against mario isn't the right thing to do
cape = omgwtfbbq

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
the part I bolded isn't a time to roll imo, especially against a falcon (Dsmash hazard)
and against most other characters rolling during their invul. time isn't a good idea (imo)
better sh airdodge during that time or something else XD

cape = omgwtfbbq
I could see the Mario was attempting a f-air spike though, probably would've missed considering he wasn't doing too well in the rest of the match. Anyway, you're right, I forgot about the cape ... gosh.
You did pretty well, speeding sonic, I probably don't have the accuracy to knock someone back onto the stage like that xD

Mit

Smash Ace
cape = omgwtfbbq
Quoted for truth. I play against a good Mario user, and he is extremely dangerous to Falcons when trying to recover. Raptor Boost should never be used to recover unless you are much higher than Mario, and I'd be wary of even using them on the level, because you can easily be caped into raptor boosting straight off the level. My best way of recovering I've found is to either recover as high as possible (sucks I know, but it's better than death by cape) or actually go below the stage, and then Falcon Dive backwards. They usually won't try to cape it (or will miss trying to anticipate you recovering earlier), and if they ledgehog, Falcon Dive will usually fold up and over the level (awkwardly).

Also, you can try shaking things up if you know you're going to be caped, and raptor boost or Falcon dive in the opposite direction. It's worth a shot if you know you're going to be caped :p

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
I could see the Mario was attempting a f-air spike though, probably would've missed considering he wasn't doing too well in the rest of the match. Anyway, you're right, I forgot about the cape ... gosh.
You did pretty well, speeding sonic, I probably don't have the accuracy to knock someone back onto the stage like that xD
lol thanks XD i dont put these vids to show off, but to get better =D

Top Bottom