• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Finally got in some 3stocks with Falcon:bee:
Gonna record em inna bit.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Willz just mad cuz you be awesome :cool:

I can't really critic your Falcon since combo videos usually only show your good moves and not your mistakes.

As for rating your combo vid, it was pretty slow in the transitions and didn't really have much epic "omg wtf?" moments that other combo videos have (Quadruple Knees on Lion's CV, Falcon pawnch mindgames in Willz's CV, Falcon lolz in Rebaz's CV)

However I did enjoy your Knees and random pawnches :)

Needs more dtaunt :falcon:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Needs more dtaunt :falcon:
This.
Also, My vids should be up after i get them recorded with better quality(HD perhaps).

Edit: What Willz and Lordy said are funny, yet true.
Try to work on showing a bit more of your faults, and with that you show us how you over come them.

Koorikou

Smash Apprentice
i agree with slader, vs golden was awesome O.O
and the #34 kill vs Verm on RC was too good xD

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I lol'd

You've gotten better. That Pit kept falling into Knees though >_>

You did a lot of irrational things... I hope that's because you were "blazed". You pivoted a lot and jab/grabbed the wrong way. You also utilted when Pit was RIGHT in front of you a lot. Should've used jab instead and space your utilts next time.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah I do tend to do more irrational things when blazed. That Pit is actually AZ's #2 Ranked Player currently.

I didn't remember any part of that match until I was recording it, when I was watching it and I saw those utilts right up in his face, I was all "lol, what am I doing?"

I pivot the wrong way on accident most of the time, don't really know what to do about it.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah lolAZ. southwest is kinda shitty to be in for Brawl, Melee we're too good, but Brawl....

I'll keep the good s*** coming.

lordhelmet

Smash Master

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah man, looks pretty solid. I think I saw one good knee opportunity near the end of the match when MK upB'd and landed on the platform, You could have gotten a fullhop knee for the kill.

never use Raptor Boost to recover onstage
I wouldn't say never use it to recover. Especially on stages with platforms, there are quite a few opportunities to create mix-ups in your recovery when above stage. he could RB'd onto the platforms, or at MK, or onto the ledge. if he was high up enough he could have made it seem like he was RBing onto the platform, but then fall through it putting him back onto the main part of the stage.

Also, this is in general, but one thing I don't see many Falcons do, maybe because they don't know, is when you upB from under the stage if you hold down you won't grab the ledge and continue onto the stage, doing this you could potentialy YES! some people who stand near the ledge since they probably won't be expecting you to NOT grab the ledge. There was one instance in that mk vid where it could have been used when you were recovering, and since the mk was at a fairly high percent it would have been a nice "gtfo my face" move.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's a good option but use it only when people are really close from the ledge, because if they're just a little too far you'll have to get over the ledge level to grab and then it'll be very punishable.

So use it but don't abuse it.

TheBlackLink

Smash Cadet
It's a good option but use it only when people are really close from the ledge, because if they're just a little too far you'll have to get over the ledge level to grab and then it'll be very punishable.

So use it but don't abuse it.
Pretty much.
Though I do find it odd that it isn't used more often. It's relatively easy to catch folks off guard with it, especially since it's a grab, and since every character can cancel their ledge grab by holding down you'd figure it be used alot more.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Alright guys, it's been about two weeks since I promised new vids of my Falcon, well here they are.

4 High Falcon dittos(friendlies). contains hot knees, a falcon punch, a three stock, and soft resets. They are all pretty funny videos so you should watch them all, just for the entertainment factor.

Match 1 (Battlefield)
Match 2 (Also Battlefield)
Match 3 (Battlefield Again)
Match 4 (Hey Look, Yoshi's)

My opponent is the top Melee player in my city, he uses Falcon. Used to play Brawl for a few months when it first came out, but stopped playing except occasional friendlies every once in a while.

Top Bottom