• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate mah Lucas plz! =P

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Punish more, instead of grabbing out of a sheild use fsmash or ftilt. Use ftilt more to give you space when he is close to you. Approach more with dair than with nair. You have good spacing, though.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i hate approaching with pk fire. if it gets powershielded, then you are going to get punished. i think approaching with pk fire is a terrible idea.

dair, followed by nair are his best approach options.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
^^^ Huh. PK Fire is pretty safe from my view. I've never been punished for using it. Only way that can happen if you use it really close to your opponent or if you are facing Sonic. Maybe I'm just good with PKF. :dizzy:

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
pk fire goes this far. time for a crappy picture.
x=lucas
o=opponent

it goes this far at max.
x------o

if you approach with it, you should be moving forward. so if you shpkf towards the opponent you should take off at least one dash, maybe more.

at the least.
x-----o

when you land you will be either
back where you started because you wavebounce, which is not approaching. you are spacing.
x------o

or here

x----o

pk fire always has 23 frames of lag. if the opponent jumps over it, they have almost half a second to punish, which is quite a bit of time. if they Powershield it they can just dash grab.

approaching with pk fire is not that good of an idea. However, spacing your approach with it is.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
^What he said.

Nair has low priority and can be punished. Full hop fast fall dair can break though sheilds (sometimes), break through many ariels and smashes, combos to dtilt to stick, and is just plain safer.

Top Bottom