• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate mah Lucas plz! =P

S.D

Smash Master
You have a pretty slick Lucas there Yoshi-Kirby, nice job.

There are a few things you can work on, which would come in handy against a better opponent. Nair is one of Lucas' best approach moves as it can autocancel into a variety of moves, notably jab and ftilt. You generally used SH Fair instead which is a less reliable approach.

Your edgeguard game didn't really exist beyond d smashing the ledge, where in many instances PKT1 or simply grabbing the ledge to edgeguard were more applicable options.

Pk fire is a cornerstone of Lucas game, yet you barely made use of it. Obviously the opponent was quite average so it wasn't necessary, however against better players you need to use with more frequency.

Altogether though you're quite a good player, with a good grasp of AT's and spacing. The pivot grab was particularly well thought out. Keep up the good work :)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Can't watch the video yet because I'm at school but Er!ckLZ, you're a freaking annoying scrub. Get the **** out of here.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Er!ckLZ, you're a freaking annoying scrub. Get the **** out of here.
Seconded.

...OH SN-

Yoshi-Kirby, that was an ill Lucas. Seriosuly. Go to tournaments. NAO.

You made interesting use of Magnet Pull, using it as an attack more than I've seen a lot of Lucas' do...Also, Magnet pulling over the stage was too good. One thing, though. Don't always use dair when returning to the ground. That move telegraphs like nobody's business and it gets predictable after a while. Also, there were a lot of times when Fox was recovering and you just sorta watched him. Keep the pressure on with the edgeguarding tactic of your choice, whether it be PK Freeze, PK Thunder for a stagespike, etc. Overall, great match, even though I got the feeling that that Fox didn't know the matchup too well, he seemed sort of sloppy...

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Edgeguarding seems to be my biggest issue with Lucas. I always try to use PKT2, PK Freeze, Spike, or PK Fire to edgeguard, but for some reason, I just didn't use it on that Fox player.

Levitas

the moon
Always play with a goal in mind. A lot of your stuff seemed to be along the lines of "I want to do stuff with wavebouncing now" or "I want to try to hit him with a Dsmash out of his ledgehop now".

It should be more pattern recognition of the other guy and punishment than deciding what your move is gonna be in advance regardless of what he's doing.

Does that make any sense?

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
why're you on this site during school..
you geek..
coming to the library during lunch checking out ssbb threads 'cuz you got no friends to play with..

you prolly hook up R.O.B to your Wii, so he can play with you..
Go get some friends

and, your moves are predictable 'cuz they're repetitive.

kick,kick,kick, -run- attack (w/e), go behind him, side smash...

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Stop being such an *** Erick. I don't know if you're joking but it's not funny.

You've barely made any posts without called someone a noob.

Chuee

Smash Hero
GTFO erick we probably have TEN times more of a life than you do. Seriously 22 posts, get off these boards scrub.
Yeah the other guys basically said what to improve on.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
why're you on this site during school..
you geek..
coming to the library during lunch checking out ssbb threads 'cuz you got no friends to play with..

you prolly hook up R.O.B to your Wii, so he can play with you..
Go get some friends

and, your moves are predictable 'cuz they're repetitive.

kick,kick,kick, -run- attack (w/e), go behind him, side smash...
I'm not on the site during school. I get on it when I come home from school.

1) I wouldn't do that in the library

2) wth, ROB, that was kinda gay

3) Why do you even think I'm on the site during school?

Neon Ness

I think he was referring to Tyr. Tyr said he couldn't watch the videos just yet because he was still in school.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Erick's a hater dont listen to him Yoshi-kirby. Your lucas was pretty good just use more pk fire and PKT1 edgeguarding. Im tired of people using the term nerd to people that play video games. Just like my friend, sheesh.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Who's this Erick kid? :psycho:
Anyway, Yoshi-Kirby! I don't know if I can rate your Lucas. Your opponent sucked... >.< But I'll try. Lay off the Fsmashes, it's Lucas's best kill move. You wanna keep it fresh. I didn't see many ftilts or nairs either. Not much PKFs or PKT1s, too. And be careful when using his dash attack... It's very easy to shieldgrab.
And yes, don't watch your opponent recover, use PKT1 or abuse edge invicibility frames using his tether.
Sorry for harsh critism....

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i think we should just ignore this erick guy or whatever his name is and just help this guy who has a pretty decent lucas. one thing you do is fsmash too often. ftilt is better and more likely to hit due to it's speed. you are diminishing one of the most valuable kill moves you have. i would actually like to see a longer video and against a more competent opponent. i couldn't really see what you were doing, because your opponent wasn't really doing much.

Just:
1)stop so much fsmash
2)more ftilt
3)practice edgeguarding
4)less dsmash

and you will be more fluent in your game oh and definitely more nair.

Levitas

the moon
I'm generally opposed to the MORE: 1. _____ 2. ____ 3. ______ LESS: 1. ______ 2. _______ 3._______ style of criticism.

PK fire should be used until you're either close to being cornered or the opponent will be able to close in before the lag of the next fire ends. Try to space it so the end of the bolt is the point where the fire ignites.

Nair should be used if you anticipate a shield or spotdodgeandshouldalwaysbeautocanceledintoajabcomboorftiltorjab. ALWAYS.

That kind of criticism is pretty much always more canceled

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I'm generally opposed to the MORE: 1. _____ 2. ____ 3. ______ LESS: 1. ______ 2. _______ 3._______ style of criticism.

PK fire should be used until you're either close to being cornered or the opponent will be able to close in before the lag of the next fire ends. Try to space it so the end of the bolt is the point where the fire ignites.

Nair should be used if you anticipate a shield or spotdodgeandshouldalwaysbeautocanceledintoajabcomboorftiltorjab. ALWAYS.

That kind of criticism is pretty much always more canceled
I am too. I did post a little description first, but i got tired of typing with my broken thumb and all.

lol@ thumb johns.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Erick or whatever the **** your name is: GTFO here. I don't even know who you are but I'm already ready to **** on your pilllow, then **** in your cereal then bake the cereral in your oven and force feed it to you then burn your house down.

Yoshi-Kirby- Good Lucas, spam less smashes, don't play on Wifi, and don't use freeze as much. Nice use of magnet pulling very smooth in punishing the fox.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
As far as always autocancelling Nair into Ftilt or jab, if you autocancel and repeat a Nair it's guaranteed to shield poke. Just my personal preference.

Also, Nair is a viable counter move when close to the opponent in the air because of where its hitbox is and how fast it comes out and at mid to high percentages is safe without an autocancel allowing you to combo into Utilt or Ftilt. So it doesn't have to be ALWAYS necesarily.

Levitas

the moon
Dudes, if Er!ck wants to post here, I personally have no problem with it, as long as it's in a civil manner. Though it is really cool that we have a natural anti-flaming reaction going on, it's not necessary to that extent.

And yeah, maybe always was the wrong term for that. There are other options.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Civil Manner is civil manner...

I don't understand, Lucas tells me to do things and I don't want to.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
That was a great match. Like the others said, a little less smashes, a little more PK Fire/ Nair

Pivot grab was a nice touch though :)

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
LMAO???
I'm hating??
I bet your parents lie to you that you guys are the best looking kids ever and the best at what you do.
you gotta face the truth...
and I got a life... I play Tennis and soon to win the Wimbledon..

I fully saw the video... the moves were predictable... I'm being honest here..
he said "rate" not " don't post honest things into my Vid "
Yoshi didn't take it as a "hater" comment.. like come on..

Lastly, 22 post?? (23 now =])
I just started today to see what're the ssbb gamers talking about...

eyy.. just saying.. repetitive moves... you gotta be creative/colorful with it..
I DIDN'T SAY YOSHI SUCKED.. DID I? NOOO..

Levitas

the moon
LMAO???
I'm hating??
I bet your parents lie to you that you guys are the best looking kids ever and the best at what you do.
you gotta face the truth...
and I got a life... I play Tennis and soon to win the Wimbledon..
Irrelevance aside, you're making a judgement based on things that don't matter to the topic at hand. We have lives too. This doesn't matter at all on this topic. And this is the part of the post that most holds the tone that is not welcome on the lucas boards. So change it or GTFO. I don't care what kind of a person you are, as long as you're respectful to your peers here.

I fully saw the video... the moves were predictable... I'm being honest here..
he said "rate" not " don't post honest things into my Vid "
Yoshi didn't take it as a "hater" comment.. like come on..
Inferred meaning is as important as implied meaning. If you're not gonna be productive, there's no point in posting.

Lastly, 22 post?? (23 now =])
I just started today to see what're the ssbb gamers talking about...

eyy.. just saying.. repetitive moves... you gotta be creative/colorful with it..
I DIDN'T SAY YOSHI SUCKED.. DID I? NOOO..
It's true that he used some repetition, and welcome to smashboards. But that tone is annoying. tone it down some and people won't hate on your posts at all, trust me.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Yoshi-Kirby
idk if it wasur opponent's first time using fox, but they were absolute trash. you on the other hand have potential
Levitas mentioned something about you trying to do stuff because you can. while it is fun at times, u should really just focus on beating ur opponent.
at the begining, u approach with a reversed wavebounce PKF. i noticed u tried to catch him in a magnet pull. but i would never approach with my back towards the opponent. use nair or d-air instead. if u want to use PKF, make sure you are facing him
also, if they do something like drop 40 feet before using there Up-b, just edgeguard him.
ur pivot grab at 0:25 was nice. good job predicting where he'd land =]
again at 0:35- edgeguard
1:21- approaching with PSI-magnet. just be careful with that. a few of us are working on ways to attack with it, and it's best not to use it upfront like that. but u ended with a jab, so thats ok
way to end with the upsmash. great timing
i think u need to use n-air ALOT more. i think i probably saw it only once. n-air is a big part of lucas play.

i think you're ok. not a bad smasher, not at all.
but i'd really like some more videos of you playing better people. again, i dont no if it was his 1st time using fox or if he was just down right bad, but ur opponent played awful.
you no the AT's and it looks like you have them down. i'd be a little more cautious of when to use PSImagnet
overall, you did a good job. but next time, let's see a video with a better opponent.
again, nice win

Chuee

Smash Hero
STFU Mister "im going to wimbledon." If youre going to call everyone a noob and a nerd then you'll never make friends here (thats what more than half your posts in this forum have been). Its not what were saying, its how were responding to your poor attitude. Show some respect and stop judging us just by what you think, son. Lastly yoshi wasnt being predictable the whole match. He had some nice sh** in there too like the pivot and use of magnet pulling.

Levitas

the moon
Guys, stop responding if you're bothered. I've got this, unless someone else I trust to do this right wants it. Last thing we need is the first lucas flame war since like june.

Neon Ness

I agree.

Hate only begets more hate.

Also, Lucas? Flame war? *explodes*

M-GOD

Smash Rookie
Very, very nice. You did mostly everything right with Lucas with a sweet spike at the end. You should try grab- down to tilt up A more since you grab out of your shield frequently.

Top Bottom