• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate/help my Lucario

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
You have good spacing but you need to work on your "mind games" and whatnot, most of the things you did seemed to be completely independent from what your opponent was doing.

Playing aggressive is fine and all, but you need to force your eyes on your opponents character and wait for their reaction before trying to follow up with another attack right away.
For example, I like to SHBair>Fsmash aswell but if they get to close you will have to switch it up.(something like SHBair>SHDair, i dunno). If you keep doing the same sequences, good players will catch on and likely make the rest of the match very frustrating for you.

Timbers

check me out
Watched first vid.

This is general rule to begin with. Never fsmash unless they're in tipper range. Any closer and you're going to get punished.

This proves even more dangerous against the ICs. They had several opportunities to grab you after shielding the fsmash, yet they held their shield way too long.

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
You have good spacing but you need to work on your "mind games" and whatnot, most of the things you did seemed to be completely independent from what your opponent was doing.

Playing aggressive is fine and all, but you need to force your eyes on your opponents character and wait for their reaction before trying to follow up with another attack right away.
For example, I like to SHBair>Fsmash aswell but if they get to close you will have to switch it up.(something like SHBair>SHDair, i dunno). If you keep doing the same sequences, good players will catch on and likely make the rest of the match very frustrating for you.
I noticed I did attacks in certain sequences. I'll work on trying to eliminate that. Thanks for your input.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
That MK kept stalling what a lame-oid. I would advise to use sphere more effectively (possibly less, sphere is really good tho) and Fair moar. Don't finish a combo if the MK in question isn't there to get hit.:dizzy: All the jab to FP grabs could have been punished badly.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
You AAA and usmash too much, while you don't AA->FP or ftilt enough. If you see your opponent shielding your jabs, it's a good idea to follow up with a FP most of the time. The spot dodge can get eaten by the flame and sometimes the tip of it hits them after their roll. Also, FPCG works on Sheik until after 60%(!), but I can understand you not wanting to do it in a friendly.

Also, Omniswell is ****ing gay...who planks in friendlies? :/

Top Bottom