• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate clowsui's Falco! [UPDATED]

clowsui

Smash Legend
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8u0YL9hXrrk

This is the one where I'm playing on a janky @$$ stage + I'm playing against a Game and Watch (which I don't fight often but I'm scared to death of thanks to Hylian v. Sethlon)...so that's why I was being stupid about grabs and going after dem dairs. I think I did decent though.

Two more videos to come tonight, most likely...critique if you want but I'm not going to take you seriously until you see the better vids.

UPDATE
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16289806twWjfwFg?rank=1& Japes ****
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16289382eNY4PJ3s?rank=2& Smashville
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v162829076DPy5gth?rank=4& Japes

More to come.

JordPWN

Smash Cadet
I'd suggest practicing your short hops a little more, they're a tad tall. Aside from that, I'd work on your spacing moves a little more, and tweaking your laser game. Get the SHDL in close to set up for a DLX cancel if you're afraid to CG him, and SH phantasm to Bair is a wonderful spacing move. Get that short hop down though and it'll help all of those. Also, the G&W just held out his bucket the first stock, and predicted your lasers a good two seconds in advance. Again, if they were short-hopped he'd have had significantly less time to predict them.

Good luck in your next matches!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha I'm actually really good with my shorthops but it you think about PTAD the cars kind of kill you extra hard...he and I were on our toes the entire match. Again, two more vids are on the way, which are a much better demonstration of my playing.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah most of that talking is me XD
Also DKKountry I'm much better at shorthopping than what appears in that vid XD Do YOU want to get hit by cars? Plus I am really afraid of GWs so I kind of forgot what to do :/ But thanks?

Vids coming today, the shoutout for wasabi is in those XD I apologize for insulting Canadians XDDD

EDIT: Wow what I said was funnier than I thought XD

"Kel is too good wid dem forward smashes" lol canada accent, watch Mounty Punchers vs. Game and Crotch
"Oh shi-" x 9000
"IT'S BRAWL BABY" best one

Also that Dair -> UTilt -> Bair was SEXY

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Clowsui, you ask for criticism on that specific video, but you deny what most people are advising you to do? Swallow your pride and except it :p it's no big deal, just practice those short hops.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Two more videos to come tonight, most likely...critique if you want but I'm not going to take you seriously until you see the better vids.

Did you miss that part + the other posts where I said PTAD is a ****ty stage to shorthop on? But anyways sure, I'll take the advice. Short hopping moar...which will, again, be made apparent in the vids that InfernAngelis will upload.

- SHDL on that stage is difficult because GW can come in and he can bucket so DLX setups are a bit difficult but I'll do it on other stages I guess
- SH phantasm to bair works for spacing I guess but it's very limited on PTAD because I don't have that much platform to phantasm on. Not to mention it's easily shielded
- Yeah that's why I was like "Oh shi-" at that part because I had intended to shl but instead fullhopped. But no johns, so I guess I'll short hop moar

xDark - wow when we were going to Jimmy Johns Kel said that for some reason people think he's gay. WHY? Kel is like the least homosexual person I've met, ever. He's 222twentytwo good. And yeah better vids today

That cockatiel is a *****, thank god Dr. X isn't going to live with that roommate next year~

Also Wimbledon. Federer Nadal final ftw

EDIT: The vids that are to come today are pretty good but most of my excellent matches went unrecorded. =( Including the one where I 2-stocked Kel's Snake.

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
i lol @ your voice :D

unless that was the parakeet, i dunno j/k

the only bad thing i see is all your shdl's going way over.. :{ otherwise very good

clowsui

Smash Legend
The one that I made a shout out to you in?

My friend said that the upload failed :( So we'll see it today or tomorrow, depending on when he tries again.

Yeah, figured I needed a bit more phantasm...thanks

clowsui

Smash Legend
XD you're welcome
I SHDL better in the other vid, I'm pretty sure...I'm perfectly capable of doing it I just don't know why I didn't do it vs Kel XD

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah that talking would be me, mwahahahaha
Also I'm not being sarcastic about tournaments, I've been to 0 Brawl tournies w/ over 16 participants.

LinkPrime1

Smash Rookie
First post, here goes...

Well, from the last 2 videos you posted, your recovery is pretty predicatable. Try dropping off the ledge, and DLing onto it. Since it's Smashville, the lasers will be lagless, so you can go straight into a phantasm or something. It can be a good mindgame if your opponent doesn't know what you're going to do after the lasers. Maybe not such a great idea against Fox, but against Snake it's probably better. Snake's Jab hits Falco out of the Phantasm (in my experience anyway), so it's probably better.

There's my 2 cents.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I don't own Brawl so I can't practice a lot of this stuff but thanks for the advice XD
I'm too used to Melee DL.
My recovery wasn't the greatest, but meh...there will be much better vids next Tuesday most likely, but the same quality. Maybe better, I dunno.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
lol thanks for the shoutout, and no u did not offend me. tell ur buddy to stop jerking the camera so much when recording. its probably from all the masterbation.

clowsui

Smash Legend
haha you're the only falco i know who's from canada
lol i didn't even know he was recording like that, too busy playing brawl

clowsui

Smash Legend
I caaaaan't :/
I would REALLY love to but I mean I don't want to get fondled by Inui or something
I MEAAAAAN
For one my dad would be opposed to the idea and for two I enter a weird summer camp that my parents forced me into next week so I have to get ready and stuff D:

HOWEVER!
If Brawl survives until next year I will be on the east coast for a college tour. My dad said that I'm allowed to go to as many Smash tournaments as I want...which means all the summer majors on the EC are MINE

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I caaaaan't :/
I would REALLY love to but I mean I don't want to get fondled by Inui or something
I MEAAAAAN
For one my dad would be opposed to the idea and for two I enter a weird summer camp that my parents forced me into next week so I have to get ready and stuff D:

HOWEVER!
If Brawl survives until next year I will be on the east coast for a college tour. My dad said that I'm allowed to go to as many Smash tournaments as I want...which means all the summer majors on the EC are MINE
BLASPHEMY! :mad:

haha well check the Sova thread if youre that far south, and good luck!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
That stage completely gayed me all three lives. Worst match of the night with Dr. X for me.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Dirrty parakeet.

Keep it away from Wimbledon. lol
That sounds like a cockatiel to me.

Also I've only played Falco for a day, but I do well against Mr. G&Ws. I have problems against Shiek for some reason though. I'm planing on being a very good and well know Falco mainer, so I'm going to be practicing a lot on learning basic combos and doing a perfect SHDL. I'm trying to time it so that the second laser is the one that doesn't make any sound and is right above the ground. For some reason, most of the characters I play against are shorter or they can duck under the lasers, so until I learn to do a perfect SHDL, I'm not going to be using it that often. Unless I fight taller charcters.

Kel

Smash Master
WTF, I only said like 4 phrases throughout the entire match. And those were hard to hear.

Clowsui and OS were the ones talking throughout the entire match.

clowsui

Smash Legend
For everyone who liked these vids:

There shall be more coming the day after tomorrow...

My question is:

Do you guys want teams matches?

Or just singles?

And would you like to keep the commentary?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Hey Clowsui, when I get back from Texas and when you get back from your camp thing we should record matches. It won't have commentary or any sound though, but whatever.

Top Bottom