• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 4: played the crap out of him in mp4

likely hood 3.5: was gonna be a 2.5, then golden brought up the fact that sakurai has a concept of him, plus he is popular in japan

yani

Smash Lord
Waluigi

Want: 3.5
Likelihood: 2

Although it pains me a bit to say it, I do enjoy Waluigi as an actual character. I wish Nintendo would throw him in a Mario/Luigi/Wario game and let him shine. Anyway, I have a really hard time seeing him playable as a Mario character with Wario having his own series. If he were to finally appear in a damn Wario game it would be awesome to have him in. Maybe Sakurai will have him cheat his way in somehow...

Geno x 5

D

Deleted member

We're actually on Waluigi now, yani.
SSBF put Opossom in charge for today.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi: I might as well give him a 5 to boost his score from the potential of... Non-Believers. :awesome:

haha all joking aside, for me personally: This is a four player game. There are currently three of the four "Mario/Wario Bros." Adding the fourth "Bro" would complete many people's dream fight of the century! I'm sure a lot of people in Japan see this, thus boosting is popularity over there.

He is a crazy, sporadic, goon, that if included, would compliment Wario SO well and make the adventure mode story really funny :)

so Want: 5

Likelihood:

This one's tough. I love Toad dearly, and would love to see him become the a Mario rep and actually think he is equal in terms of likelihood Waluigi. The both offer something unique, which is great!

Golden, I'd be really interested if you can find where Sakurai talks about the possibility of his playability.

He no doubt has supporters. MANY. Especially in Japan. It's just whether or not Sakurai likes him/finds him interesting enough to add to the roster. He did find him interesting enough for a Trophy, Assist Trophy, and liked his Pinball song :)

Want: 5
Likelihood: 3.4

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
WAA(luigi):
Want- 5
Waluigi's my favorite Mario character since I first saw him in Mario Party 5, with his odd looking proportions and cool voice

Likelihood- 3

Now, for his likelihood, there are a couple of arguments that go for and against his inclusion which are:

[COLLAPSE="For Waluigi"]Is the most popular Mario newcomer in Japan (as far as we(the West) know)
Is the only Mario newcomer which Sakurai has shown somewhat of interest in
[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse=Against Waluigi]Not as popular as Jr. or Kinopio in the West
Hasn't appeared outside of spin-off games (Sakurai may overlook this, since spin-offs are still games, y'know)
Sakurai hasn't confirmed whether the Mario series will get a newcomer or not (this can be applied to Bowser Jr., Toad and Paper Mario)
[/collapse]

So, as you can see, the only thing that prevents Waluigi from being a lock in, is the fact that he has not appeared in a main Mario or Wario title, and his massive hatebase in the West; but still, he's the most likely Mario newcomer at this point, as shown above.

Prediction for Martha- 4.59

Nominations
Dr. Mario
Sonic
Snake
Mach Rider x2

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Because of SSBF's absence, I'll try to update the primary post for him until he returns.

Anyway, Opossum, be sure to input the overall likelihood and overall want ratings, along with the updated nomination list, for each time we change to a different character. I'll need the info for when the primary post needs to be modified.

With that said, I put Waluigi's likelihood at a 2. Although he has become a staple in the Mario spin-offs, the fact that Waluigi's a spin-off exclusive character pretty much hinders his chances of making the cut as a playable. If Waluigi can get even one mainstream role, that could improve his odds a little.

Nominations
1: Leon Powalski (x5)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Waluigi
Want: 2

I don't want ANY new Mario character. There are other series that need to get more reps before anyone even thinks of adding a Mario character.

As far as likelihood, he's no more or less likely than any other potential Mario character. He's a B-lister, but so are all the Mario characters that aren't playable yet, so that really doesn't affect anything.

Prediction for Marth: 5

Nominations: Dr. Mario x5

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Want - 1 >.> so many better mario reps... not that I dislike the waluigi... just.. idk. I'd rather see other impossible mario reps.

likelihood - 1 He is strictly from the mario series, unlike wario. So he competes against bowser Jr, rosalina, paper mario, and more. I doubt it.

shy guys x5 (impossible mario reps ftw)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
As far as me wanting Waluigi, the jury's still out on that one. He is my most hated Mario character; he really makes my blood boil every time I see him in a Mario spin-off game (I got a kick out of his exclusion from Mario Kart 7). However, I have seen some good moveset arguments (such as having joke/parody versions of Mario/Luigi or other characters' attacks), and I think that he could be a good troll/WTF character. He does have a decently sized fanbase (or at least a very vocal one), and he was an AT in Brawl. However, he faces a lot of competition from just about every other popular Mario character suggestion. I guess it could go either way. Bottom line, if he gets in this game, I'll give him a shot, but I don't really care if he doesn't.

Likeliness: 2

Nomination:
Black Mage x5

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So it seems the wave of haters has come...
I don't hate waluigi. I would actually be pleasantly surprised to see him in sm4sh. I just like a lot of other characters better. but seeing him in would probably spell the end of the chances for the other mario reps, so he gets a 1 in want, as would dark samus, seeing has he would end ridley's chances.

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
Want: 0 - not a big Waluigi fan
Likihood: 5 - as a Assist Trophy

Mario characters are good as it is.

Nomination:
Palutena (x5)

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
samusrules93 said:
I don't hate waluigi. I would actually be pleasantly surprised to see him in sm4sh. I just like a lot of other characters better. but seeing him in would probably spell the end of the chances for the other mario reps, so he gets a 1 in want, as would dark samus, seeing has he would end ridley's chances.
Was referring to this guy V

SethTheMage said:
As far as me wanting Waluigi, the jury's still out on that one. He is my most hated Mario character; he really makes my blood boil every time I see him in a Mario spin-off game (I got a kick out of his exclusion from Mario Kart 7)
If a video game character makes your blood boil, I really don't want to see what something like an ingnorant person or troll would do to you.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want: 3.8 I would love to see him in...after Bowser Junior.
likelihood: 2.6 He has a lot of popularity in Japan but over here we have Junior and Toad as very popular. While he does get some points for being an assist this might be the extent Sakurai thinks of his abilities(stomping and sports). But then again we have Peach's move-set. Not to mention that he isn't apart of the main cast of characters and appears in mainly spin-offs. We don't even know if we'll get a Mario rep yet. He definitely has chances that rival those of Junior and Toad.

Marth: 4.98 cause that 1 guy

noms: 3x Geno 2xMasked Man

D

Deleted member

Golden, I'd be really interested if you can find where Sakurai talks about the possibility of his playability.
He didn't mention anything about "possibility". Just a passing mention in regards of not being a playable character.
Sakurai on Waluigi's Dojo page said:
The fact he's an Assist Trophy means he won't be appearing as a playable character but......Waluigi appears nonetheless!
Why would he bring that up if he didn't consider the idea of him being playable, is what I ask.

@MarioAndSonicGuy:
As I said before, I doubt Sakurai really cares about "mainstream" or "spin-offs". It seems to him, Mario is Mario regardless of it being a platformer, a kart racing game, a tennis game, an RPG, a puzzle game, etc.
If it really mattered, Peach wouldn't be using a tennis racket, golf club, frying pan, or parasol, Waluigi wouldn't have even been an Assist Trophy, and we would not have the Mario Circuit stage. Nor would we have had Dr. Mario in Melee or planned for Brawl.
And he certainly wouldn't look at Wario's Woods as a means for Toad, either, so that's kind of a double-edged sword to use against Waluigi.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 3
Likeliness: 1.75

I like him, he makes me laugh. Doubt he'll get in.

x5 Ike

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
wait, why is marth still on the nomination list, and he is behind two characters on it

edit @ zaxis: we are rating his chances as a playable character

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm gonna enjoy this.
Want: 1
No way would I want Waluigi. He's not important to the mario series.

and I'll nominate Masked Man for X5

jigglover

Smash Lord
Want would be -99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
if I could, but for now I'll have to rest at 0 (00000000000000)

Likelihood:
1.25: If this was a european only site or a co.uk, then we would have fun discussing Bowser Junior and Toad while laughing at anyone who may bring up Waluigi as likely. What I mean by this is that Waluigi has NO popularity in the UK and most of Europe! Sakurai does take the UK into account though, since I for one took the melee poll he sent over here. He may be popular in Japan, about 50/50 in the states, but elsewhere about 2% of people in the country who speculate on smash would actually think he's likely.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
For Waluigi
Want : 0
I will be honest, I hate this character as much as other people can dislike Tingle and the Duck Hunt Dog, my main reason is I think the fact that he would have been best suited as a Wario character but since he didn't appeared in any of his games he will take a Mario series slot this giving less chances for an other possible Mario character that I do like...

Likelihood : 3.5
...but even if hate to say it I can't deny that he have a fairly decent chance of being in the next game, as good than the three other possible Mario newcommers : Toad, Bowser Jr and Paper Mario.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want: 1, (5 if he has any nods to Brawl in the Family Waluigi, use the 1 for score though)
Likelyhood: 2.5: He's in every Mario spin-off, but never a main game.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Want: 2.4(His moveset could be fun and comedic though others do dserve the spot more)
Likihood: 1.4(There is eithera 0-1 spot opening foor Mario and most likeliy Bowser Jr or Toad gets the spot)

Prediction: 4.2

Nomination: Dillion X5

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Waluigi? No, no, no... I hate Waluigi as a Smash candidate. He's all right for a Mario spin-off character, though.

Want = 0
Likelihood = 1.5

For starters, we don't even know if Mario might get a new character. Second, Waluigi may be popular but he's still out-prioritized by more notable Mario characters like Bowser Jr., Toad, and Paper Mario in terms of importance, popularity, and marketability.

Nominations = King Hippo, Duck Hunt Dog, Meowth, Tingle, Impa

D

Deleted member

Want - 3

I like Waluigi and I think he's be interesting.

Likelihood - .5

Waluigi's biggest problem is his lack of importance to the series. Tons of spin-off appearance don't mean much when you have accomplished nothing outside of sports/party game.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
WANT- 0! (Unless BitF Waluigi)

Likely: .75

Predication for Marth: 4.87 cause there is that one guy

Nominations
Bandana Dee
Princess Daisy
Fawful
K K Slider
Pokemon Trainer

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Want: 0.1
Yeah, I want him but only after Bowser Jr, Toad, Paper Mario, Rosalina, and even Geno and Daisy!
I love him as Mario spin off characters! He is great, his pose is great, but I really don't care for him to be in smash.

Likelihood: 0.5
His chances are very small, because Bowser Jr, Toad, Rosalina, Paper Mario and EVEN Daisy are better choices and are more important to the series.
Daisy appeared as one of the main characters in Super Mario Land, so don't come say to me that she is only a spin-off character, because Waluigi is the only one that appeared ONLY ON SPIN OFFS!

Nominations: Olimar x5

Marth prediction: 4.89

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Waluigi would have a very interesting and goofy move set. However, I never truly cared for the character and found him a bit annoying. Despite that, I'd like to see the move set Sakurai would create for him. Personally though, I'd like to see Junior, Toad, or Rosalina in before him.

Interesting note: Wario and Waluigi obviously comes from Mario and Luigi's. However, in Japanese, "bad" in translates to "warui". There Wario and Waluigi literally means "bad Mario and bad Luigi".
Likeliness: 2.10

Marth's Prediction: 4.85

Noms:

M. Bison x5

:phone:

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@SmashMaster: Please explain your vote, or it will not be counted.

Waluigi time.

Want: 1.5

I do actually like the character, but I'd be much happier with Toad and Bowser Jr.

Likelihood: 2.14

Now, for the record, this score is slightly less than what I gave Toad and Bowser Jr. Basically, while he does have rabid fans, he also has a considerable hatebase compared to the other two mentioned above. And while it may not mean much, his absence from Mario Kart 7 could hurt him, as he only appears in spin-offs, and this was a major one that he missed.

Prediction for Marth: 4.96

Nominating Olimar x5

EDIT: Thanks, MSG, for volunteering to update the front post. Oh, and for adding him to the likelihood list. I'll remember to do that next time, haha.

Oh, and ignore that Marth is still on the nomination list with his old score. I must have forgotten to remove it. I'll have that fixed tonight.

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie
Want - 5
Favorite Mario character ever
Likeness - 3.5
His more likely than people give him credit for, mostly because I don't think he'll take a Mario character slot, I think he'll have his own series (with an up-side-down L as an emblem) to represent Mario spin-offs, or maybe (more specifically) Mario sport game.

I understand why people hate him as a character due to a number of reasons, but I think the reason people hate him is people they think he'll be a Mario character. I don't think Mario will get another character next smash, but Mario spin-off series like Donkey Kong will.

Nominate- Pac-Man, and Bandana Dee

D

Deleted member

I really hate how people keep using the "only spin-offs" excuse as why he's unlikely.

Again, I doubt Sakurai gives a rat's *** about that considering the number of content the spin-offs have recieved in Smash thus far.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 3
Likelihood: 2.5

Waluigi could go either way. He's rather well-known among casuals, and apparently somewhat popular. He is also an Assist Trophy that caused Sakurai to explain that "this fact...means he won't be appearing as a playable character," as if this would be a disappointing revelation. However, he also has intense competition within his own series against more important characters. He also won't get in to "represent the spinoffs," which is terrible reasoning, though the fact that he exists solely in them is not necessarily a negative, or if it is, not -that- big of one. I'm more convinced of Waluigi having fans than Toad at this point, due to that magazine, though I do think Bowser Jr. is still a more straightforward inclusion.

I'll predict 4.98 for Marth, though in doing so, I'll prematurely label "that one person" as an outright idiot for their future vote.
Nominate Hades x3, Groose x2

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I like how alot of the detractors and haters here completely ignored the fact that Waluigi is the most likely Mario newcomer at this point due to his superior popularity in Japan and he's the only one who Sakurai has somewhat shown interest in.
"oh but Jr. and Kinopio are more popular than Waluigi in the west and Waluigi's got tons of haters !"
Bowser Jr. is highly overrated as a Mario rep, due to being "important" to the Mario series and Sakurai might see Toad as a peaceful character, and, having haters isn't a valid reason for a character to not be in, since everybody has haters. (yes, even characters such as Mario have haters and yet, they're not gonna be cut are they ?)
"oh but Waluigi's a spin off only character!"
A Wise Man said:
I doubt Sakurai gives a rat's *** about that considering the number of content the spin-offs have recieved in Smash thus far
Seriously guys, if you don't want him in that's your own problem, but saying he's unlikely just because you don't like him is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom