• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with you people? 3.75 likelihood that is absolutely ludicrous.
Krystal is a crappy side character to a mediocre series with hardly any games. Why Star Fox needs 4 or even 2 reps for that matter is leagues above my head. Krystal didn't appear in any good main series game but stupid people are like "OMGZ BEWBS!" and request her to be in. I actually made a topic about why smash doesn't need girl characters and Krystal is the worst one. Anyone against Krystal can give 101 reasons why she shouldn't be in the game but anyone for her can't even make a feeble attempt at support. Truth of the matter the star fox characters should stay where they are, no one should be subtracted and certainly no one should be added. If you are honestly going to tell me that star fox deserves mre reps then kirby and the same amount of reps as zelda you are not in a right state of mind.
Want: 0
Likeliness: 0.4

nominations paper mario x5

MegaMan prediction uhh.... 2.04

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Krystal? Oh boy, another character I don't give a s*** about.

Want: 1
I don't care about Krystal at all. I haven't played any Star Fox game other than 64, so I'm not really a fan of the series. That said, I don't want Star Fox to get ant more characters than it already has. 3 characters is already too much, we don't need a 4th.

Likelihood: 2
She's popular, but I don't think Sakurai will add another Star Fox rep. But I really can't say for sure.

Prediction for Megaman: 4

Nominations:
Mike Jones x5

D

Deleted member

Krystal

The polarizing nature of Krystal lives on to this date. She is the character that is the most controversial because as I've said, for every supporter Krystal has, it seems as she has a detractors and both are very fierce with each other.

I for one am leaning towards Krystal being in Smash 4. The thing about Sakurai is that he doesn't care about how many characters a franchise has in relation to the franchise size, if a character is worthy of a spot, he'll add him/her to the roster. Star Fox got it's three reps because it is a relatively character-driven franchise, not because it's a big series and I think the franchise can justify a fourth rep.

If Star Fox were to get a fourth rep, mark my words, it will be Krystal getting the spot. She is the only one that people are actually requesting (those who want Slippy, Peppy, Panther, and what have you are very few and far in between) and to this date, she remains decently requested. If Sakurai looks back at pre-Brawl where she was very heavily requested, that's even better and Sakurai will be looking at the Brawl poll for characters to add.

What's also interesting is that in Brawl, Krystal was the only one deemed worthy to fight in Smash out of the Star Fox characters not in yet and Sakurai did make note of her abilities in the Brawl trophy description. I think Sakurai has interest in making Krystal playable.

Really, the only thing holding her back now is lack of Japanese popularity, but Sakurai will look towards the West and he'll notice that people still do want Krystal to this date.

I am giving Krystal a nice 3.7 in likelihood.

Nominating Saki, Ghirahim, Lucario, Mii, and Mach Rider.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put Krystal at a likelihood rating of 3. She could add something new to the Star Fox franchise by utilizing a staff for physical combat, but the clone risk could cause problems.

Nominations
1: Black Shadow (x2)
2: Rosalina (x2)
3: Dixie Kong

D

Deleted member

What's also interesting is that in Brawl, Krystal was the only one deemed worthy to fight in Smash out of the Star Fox characters not in yet
Where did you come to this conclusion? Just because she said so?
Resetti said pretty much the same thing, yet we don't see Resetti as a likely option, so why Krystal?
Why Krystal, when we see not only Slippy and Peppy, but Leon as well wanting to join in on the action (although Leon's reasoning is quite...questionable....)?

EDIT: And before Mario_and_Sonic_Guy punishes me for "minor flaming", this is not flaming at all, it's questioning.

D

Deleted member

Where did you come to this conclusion? Just because she said so?
Resetti said pretty much the same thing, yet we don't see Resetti as a likely option, so why Krystal?
Why Krystal, when we see not only Slippy and Peppy, but Leon as well wanting to join in on the action (although Leon's reasoning is quite...questionable....)?

EDIT: And before Mario_and_Sonic_Guy punishes me for "minor flaming", this is not flaming at all, it's questioning.
The Animal Crosser has been deemed unfit to fight in the Smash environment according to Sakurai. If he fails to get in, what chance does Mr. Resetti has?

Peppy retired after Star Fox Assault. I doubt he could fight.

Slippy is considerably less athletic than the rest of the team and got taunted mercilessly by Falco for his inexperience and lack of talent.

As for Leon, are you referring to the Skirmish part of Wolf's taunt?

But either way, all of them are barely requested, so it's not worth bothering with them. Perhaps the wording wasn't the best, but if Sakurai finds a Star Fox character worthy, like I've said before, it's going to be Krystal.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 2
Likeliness: 2

Would be interesting to get another chance at a non-Fox based SF character, if not I like Fox's moveset anyway.

Only SF character left, could get in, but am betting not in this particular game. Pretty much has nothing to do with 64 3D and everything to do with other (arguably more demanded) series being neglected character wise.

EDIT: No furry mentions yet? I'm proud of you internet.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Maybe you wanna give a better explanation for your score.
This. It's going to take more than just "I want her" in order for your score to be counted.
I edited it!:
"Want: 5
Likelihood: 3.75

Just want her, even if she tokes Falco and Wolf's places.

Edit: Also she can have a very unique playstyle with her staff! She would never be a clone of fox, falco and wolf! If people don't want her because there is already 3 Star Fox chacacters, just cut Falco or Wolf! "

It's my opinion, I never cared about Falco or Wolf! If Krystal replaces him, I will be fine, because Falco is so similiar to Fox, and Krystal should have a totally different moveset with her staff!

People will crucify me for this, LOL

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I edited it!:
"Want: 5
Likelihood: 3.75

Just want her, even if she tokes Falco and Wolf's places.

Edit: Also she can have a very unique playstyle with her staff! She would never be a clone of fox, falco and wolf! If people don't want her because there is already 3 Star Fox chacacters, just cut Falco or Wolf! "

It's my opinion, I never cared about Falco or Wolf! If Krystal replaces him, I will be fine, because Falco is so similiar to Fox, and Krystal should have a totally different moveset with her staff!

People will crucify me for this, LOL
The problem with that is, though, that Krystal can still be a "clone" even with her staff. More like Wolf with different normals, but that's it.

The staff can shoot fireballs. Neutral B similar to lasers.

The staff has a Rocket Boost similar to Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf

Krystal can use a reflector. Down B.

Sakurai can easily, as Golden has said, give Krystal an "Ice Dash" for her Side B, referencing the Ice Shot.

Landmaster.

Not to mention, Falco or Wolf being cut would cause more backlash than if Krystal were added, and make people hate her more. Sakurai has said that someone's inclusion should make people want to play the game. If she can only be in by replacing someone else, it would make people not want to play as her.

Just my view on that...

Also, I am not saying that she will be a clone, I'm saying that she could be a clone.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Before I start flapping my gums (or twitching my fingers in this case), let me clarify that as a character, Krystal is pretty mediocre. Every amazing opportunity she had she completely blew it in some way and instead followed all of the wrong opportunities instead. Notably having a shallow love interest in Fox and became completely annoying when ever her love is denied. Luckily the games usually don't focus too much on her relationship with Fox (except in Command), but it becomes a problem if that's her only redeeming quality in the series.

As for a Super Smash Bros context, I have to say that the reasonings that people want her in are pretty shallow. Probably the most notable being the staff, which she only used for about 5 minutes or so in her debut game Star Fox: Adventure. Apparently having a twig briefly in one game is apparently enough to make her a unique Star Fox character unlike the other characters, and that alone is enough of a reason to add her as a character. There is also the female argument too which some people seem to like to use from time to time. Add to the fact hat her popularity is dwindling to about 30 or so people and the fact that adding more Star Fox characters seems to be kind of cheap at this point, it seems that Krystal won't be happening. Maybe as an assist trophy, but who knows.

Want: 1.10
Likelihood: 1.66

As for Megaman, I predict a 3.03

Nominations are Toad (x3) and Sheriff (x2)

EDIT: No furry mentions yet? I'm proud of you internet.
Already mentioned a few times already in case you haven't noticed. But if that's not enough, then I'll mention that Krystal gave birth to several furries. Oh, and the inflation, infantism, and vore fetishes, but that's a different topic that I wouldn't like to get into.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Finally a character i care about lol
Anyway....
Want: 4- Is honestly the only viable star fox rep left IMO..
  • Andross is the perfect examble of where the "he's to big" argument is a legitimate concern as he's stays consistantly huge add in the strangeness of playing as a floating head...I believe he is more suited as a Boss or staying an AT
  • Peppy is fairly lol worthy to me the only people that bring him up just have to be rabid krystal haters trophy worthy important character just not suited for a fighting game IMO
  • Star Wolf subordinates just not very integral to the story leons the only one left of the orginal team seeing as the other two are you know dead
  • Slippy-_- ..................................................................................................................................NO! PLEASE GOD NO! THAT USELESS PEICE OF!!..... *focuses* he's somewhat viable but please just take a moment reflect on you're experience with him.........He another one of the those characters that you gotta absolutely have to HATE krystal to bring up IMO
Likelihood: 3.5- She's become quite the prominent character in recent times even in the god awful command she is an integral part of the story if we get a fourth star fox rep she's obviously next in line also I know i'm in the minority here but i personally think she could replace falco no problem

Time to play defence.

The problem with that is, though, that Krystal can still be a "clone" even with her staff. More like Wolf with different normals, but that's it.

The staff can shoot fireballs. Neutral B similar to lasers.

The staff has a Rocket Boost similar to Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf

Krystal can use a reflector. Down B.

Sakurai can easily, as Golden has said, give Krystal an "Ice Dash" for her Side B, referencing the Ice Shot.

Landmaster.

Not to mention, Falco or Wolf being cut would cause more backlash than if Krystal were added, and make people hate her more. Sakurai has said that someone's inclusion should make people want to play the game. If she can only be in by replacing someone else, it would make people not want to play as her.
Yes she could be a clone (even though wolf really isn't that much of a clone to begin with) but on topic that doesn't mean she would be a clone besides if i remember correctly gold himself said he wasn't arguing she would be a clone she has more than enough material to make something unique anyway even assault has a few things she can use.

Also wolf's removal BIG problem falco not so much I think he's really only defended because he's a veteran if he had never been in melee he would probably be in a heated debate with krystal here on the boards.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I know i'm in the minority here but i personally think she could replace falco no problem

You're not alone!

Edit:
Also wolf's removal BIG problem falco not so much I think he's really only defended because he's a veteran if he had never been in melee he would probably be in a heated debate with krystal here on the boards.
Now that's some shocking debate. I really think too that Falco is just so popular because of his Melee and Brawl appearance.

D

Deleted member

I like Krystal, but I'm going to have to side with Opossum with this one, it is a terrible idea to replace Falco and/or Wolf with Krystal. Falco has received some decloning in Brawl and Wolf is five moves away from being original. The ones already in are staying in, end of story. My ideal situation is that Wolf and Krystal are completely unique with Falco being decloned even further, which is a somewhat realistic scenario.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
No one thoughts that mewtwo ould be cut and be replaced by Lucario, then when Brawl was released... SURPRISE!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time to play defence.

Yes she could be a clone (even though wolf really isn't that much of a clone to begin with) but on topic that doesn't mean she would be a clone besides if i remember correctly gold himself said he wasn't arguing she would be a clone she has more than enough material to make something unique anyway even assault has a few things she can use.

I know she doesn't have to be a clone. You can easily make her unique. I'm just pointing out that it is also pretty easy to make her not so unique, Specials-wise, anyway. Most people who support her for the "she'd finally be a unique SF character" thing (not all of them, but some...) fail to see this. I also do not find Wolf to be a clone, he's only five moves from uniqueness, but the aforementioned people would usually say otherwise, so I based that post off of that mindset.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lucario was put in by his own merits, and if the data says anything, he was supposed to be in alongside Mewtwo, but time killed him. If anything, Sonic replaced Mewtwo, seeing as how they needed to put him in at the last minute...

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Except that Mewtwo was never replaced by Lucario. Mewtwo was just a victim of time constraints.
Oh sorry for that, it's what most people (and I) think, because of some of Lucario's moves looked similiar to Mewtwo's. Also, there's really a Mewtwo chacacter data on SSBB

[COLLAPSE="From SmashWiki:"]Scrapped characters

Multiple unused character data files were found in the disc. Sometimes colloquially referred to as "The Forbidden Seven", they consist of:
"dixie"
"dr_mario"
"mewtwo"
"roy"
"Pra_Mai"
"toon_sheik"
"toon_zelda"
[/COLLAPSE]

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I know she doesn't have to be a clone. You can easily make her unique. I'm just pointing out that it is also pretty easy to make her not so unique, Specials-wise, anyway. Most people who support her for the "she'd finally be a unique SF character" thing (not all of them, but some...) fail to see this. I also do not find Wolf to be a clone, he's only five moves from uniqueness, but the aforementioned people would usually say otherwise, so I based that post off of that mindset.
I don't know about that it would you literally have to TRY to make her a clone where as there are tons of unique moveset ideas out there. But yeah she could be a clone but i see a unique character as a more likely result.

Also what ssbf said is true but you can also say that lucarios inclusion may have taken development time away from mewtwo being a humanoid and all

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know about that it would you literally have to TRY to make her a clone where as there are tons of unique moveset ideas out there. But yeah she could be a clone but i see a unique character as a more likely result.
Did you happen to see my post on the other page? I can assure you that I didn't think for more than ten or so seconds on how she can be made into a clone.

Not that she definitely will, but she can.

BTW, SSBF, I shamelessly stole your idea for a signature by putting in characters I support. Muahaha...

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Did you happen to see my post on the other page? I can assure you that I didn't think for more than ten or so seconds on how she can be made into a clone.

Not that she definitely will, but she can.
If i recall correctly you were referring to goldens moveset were you not??

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Essentially. Hence why I didn't think about it more than 10 seconds. :p

D

Deleted member

Also what ssbf said is true but you can also say that lucarios inclusion may have taken development time away from mewtwo being a humanoid and all
Since when does being a humanoid mean anything? Aesthetic similarities means nothing, else we wouldn't have Captain Falcon and Ganondorf co-existing.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Since when does being a humanoid mean anything? Aesthetic similarities means nothing, else we wouldn't have Captain Falcon and Ganondorf co-existing.
Seeing as he is similar in appearance popularity and usage (not much but somewhat) perhaps the developers thought he was all that was needed.

In any case im tired don't expect anymore replies until tomorrow

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't know where people get this notion that Lucario and Mewtwo have similar moves. Other than the side smash and nuetral b they have nothing in common moveset wise. Not even close to the same.

Now to krystal
want:3
Likelihood 3.6
She is quite popular for smash. Not only that but when you look at the fact that a new star fox charcter has been added each game it's not a stretch. Although i do think she will be the last star fox character.

megaman: 2.87 there are just so many possible 3rd parties that I can't say for sure who's getting in. He definately has a good chance though

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Krystal, before Brawl, was definitely one of the most discussed characters, and a character I personally see as one of the most likely. Sakurai has a tendency to not add many new franchises to the mix when adding characters, and apparently wanted to have multiple Star Fox characters in the game as far back as Smash 64, so since we've seen 3 so far, I don't think it's that far off to get 4. I do feel like her popularity has decreased since Brawl, though. I also don't think that whether or not her moveset would be original has any effect on whether or not she'd be selected as a character on the roster.

Want: 5 (In my top 3)
Likeliness: 3.85

I predict Megaman at 3.89. He's probably the top most requested 3rd party character out there, now that Sonic is in the game (if you aren't counting other Sonic characters, probably).

I nominate Lyndis x5.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From what I remember, it was Geno and Ridley that were the most discussed. At least on this forum

Edit: You said "one of", oh

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I would say that Krystal is one of the more-requested characters out there. While her popularity may have decreased somewhat since the time of Brawl, she is included on most speculation rosters, still has a large fanbase, has a staff which provides her with the ability to not be a clone of Fox, and comes from a series that has seen a newcomer get added every game, which increases her chances of getting in next.

All in all, I want her really badly (like sheik93, she is in my top 3), so I put her want at a solid 4. However, I do think that's a little too ambitious for any character that isn't a veteran, so I'd put her likeliness at 3.70.

TL;DR:

Want: 4
Likeliness: 3.70

EDIT: For Mega Man, I would have to predict a 3.90. Next to Sonic, he is probably the most-requested third-party character, and he was likely considered to fill out the trio limit of third-party characters in Brawl, so if Sonic's already coming back, then Mega Man has a good chance, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

D

Deleted member

The Animal Crosser has been deemed unfit to fight in the Smash environment according to Sakurai. If he fails to get in, what chance does Mr. Resetti has?
I don't know, perhaps maybe because Resetti is anything but a peaceful person? He yells at you, makes you say things like "I'm dirt", all while swinging around his pickaxe.
And then there's the fact that not only did Resetti make such claims that he'd kick the Brawler's @$$es but he made comments on how he is upset that he's only an Assist, to which Sakurai apologized to him on his Dojo update. If anyone from Animal Crossing fits the violent environment, it's Resetti.
I mean, the mole's got a warning label in Europe for being "scary".

Peppy retired after Star Fox Assault. I doubt he could fight.
He's also playable in Star Fox Assault's multiplayer all while hopping around and blasting things. The only time where his age shows a problem is in his victory where he throws out his hip or back, or whatever after jumping for joy. This can easily be reflected in Brawl where he's able to put up a fight during the match, but is shown to have overexerted himself for his victories.
Also, Snake is currently retired in the Metal Gear series as he is a rapidly aging old man due to his unstable genetics. Does that mean Snake should go for that reason?
"Just don't use Old Snake." Then just don't use older Peppy.

Slippy is considerably less athletic than the rest of the team and got taunted mercilessly by Falco for his inexperience and lack of talent.
And yet is able to kick some major tail in the multiplayer mode, moreso than Krystal with her weak stats. He's also said to have designed the weapons Fox and Falco use. He doesn't need to be as athletic as Fox or Falco; he can just be their version of The Heavy and use a bunch of weapons that he keeps to himself. It's not like Assault doesn't have much to offer.
If lack of talent was an issue, we wouldn't be seeing Jigglypuff no matter HOW popular it was back in the day. Nor would we see the likes of Mr. Game & Watch or R.O.B., as they aren't "experienced fighters" either. Or Peach, as she was pretty damn useless for more than half of the games she was in prior to Melee.

As for Leon, are you referring to the Skirmish part of Wolf's taunt?
Yeah. He seemed awfully jealous of Wolf ripping his opponents to shreds, though it quickly turned into something sounding like he was jealous of Wolf's OPPONENTS being ripped to shreds.
Now that I look into it, I'm not sure whether to really count that as him wanting to be playable. It could just be his wierd homosexual fetishes taking over (he's apparently homosexual in the Japanese versions of the StarFox games)...

But either way, all of them are barely requested, so it's not worth bothering with them. Perhaps the wording wasn't the best, but if Sakurai finds a Star Fox character worthy, like I've said before, it's going to be Krystal.
Requests aren't everything. Especially when you consider that Krystal's requests are because of those furry milk glands on her chest and because people wrongly believe that she can't possibly be a semi-clone because of the staff.
It's easy to make even Slippy a non-semi-clone of Fox. Heck, Slippy would even make sense as a Snake semi-clone. Slippy has untapped possibilities that people are too distracted by the "sexy" to see.

So the point stands that he probably had to think how moves would work similar to the current reps :p
Didn't take me much thinking.
It went literally like this:

"Hmm, can she shoot stuff? Yes, firebolts."
"Hmm, can she dash? Not unlikely. Ice would be cool to incorporate here, pun intended."
"Hmm, can she propel herself? Yes, Rocket Boost."
"Hmm, can she use a reflective barrier? Yes, the staff has a barrier power."
"She can obviously use a Landmaster..."

Done. It took me only 5 seconds to whip that up. Of course, I did some research on her staff prior to the time I made the moveset, but still.
Wasn't hard. If it took me less than 10 seconds to come up with it, I'm pretty sure Sakurai can think of it very easily as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I noticed a bit of a recurring theme that people that have bothered to play Star Fox Adventure and beyond have a disliking or indifference for Krystal, while the ones that haven't love her a lot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I noticed a bit of a recurring theme that people that have bothered to play Star Fox Adventure and beyond have a disliking or indifference for Krystal, while the ones that haven't love her a lot.
I've played all the Starfox games and the only one I dislike Krystal in is Command (though honestly I disliked most of the character portrayals in that game). Personally I don't think there's that much to hate on Krystal personality-wise in Adventures, the majority of the game she's "frozen". If anything, it seems like Krystal haters would like that. :p

I suppose people could dislike her outfit and blatant sexualizing, though that's mostly Rare's doings. Which is kinda strange, considering her earliest outfits (for Dinosaur Planet) are a lot more toned-down.

[COLLAPSE="Early Art"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I suspect I'm in the minority here though, it seems like alot of Krystal supporters just like her for being female and having a staff.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Staves on females is not my cup of tea...but to each their own

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
I barely know Krystal because I don't really play Star Fox games. I only played one that was on the N64, but I only played multiplayer with my friends. So I can't say much. I did do my research, and I read the forums about her. I particularly scared of a new Star Fox rep because all of the ones that we have are pretty cloned and they have the same exact FS.

And Krystal can technically just be another Fox clone, but with boobs. I would be annoyed if she ended up being a clone. But if she didn't, I'd be perfectly fine with her inclusion. I'm tired of SSB being a big Balls fest :glare: But does Star Fox really need another Rep? I think that Metroid Prime should get one first. And Star Fox definitely shouldnt be getting as many reps as Zelda, unless they get one too obviously. So my want is 1, while the likelyhood is 2.60

Want: 1
Likelihood: 2.60

Mega man: 3.67 he's getting very popular, even though I'm
not a fan of the Series, he seems like a very likely 3rd party

Nominations: Toad x3 Mii x2

:phone:

:phone:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I used to support Krystal during pre-Brawl until recently. While I don't mind the character, I seriously do not want a 4th Star Fox rep. I don't think Star Fox necessarily deserves the 4th character spot. I know some people argue how many reps a franchise has shouldn't matter. However, Star Fox is, sadly, a slowly dying series that saw a 3DS remake of the most successful game in the franchises history. I played Star Fox 64 into the ground and had a fun time plying it. I consider Star Fox 64 to be one of the best Nintendo 64 games outside of Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Goldeneye. It is sad to see a great franchise fall into obscurity, However, Krystal was absent in both SF64 and the 3DS remake but was in three games that did poor commercially.

Her image is generally seen as the downfall of the series. As well, Krystal opponents seem to point to her as a overtly sexual character that only serves to provide fan service to furries. While this may be a perk, I believe Krystal is a fairly interesting character on her own. I understand why people point at her and condemn her furry fans. However, those same people fail to look past the "sexual" aspects of the character. I believe both the supporters and opponents of Krystal are unable to get past her "furry fox boobs" and, by making a huge deal of them, they miss Krystal as a character and .... only a set of boobs. This might sound pretty crazy, antagonistic, and politically correct but I would say Krystal is a victim of sexism. The over-glorification of her character, the hoards of furry fans who idolize her, and those who hate her because of her womanly assets is what keeps people from realizing the core of her character. Sadly, it often happens to female characters that already have a slight sexual appeal.
There are of course other marks against her besides the furry vs non-furry argument but I see that as being one of the major battlefields that has been waged since we started discussing her (Kisamefishsticksandfries pretty much summed up someone who is anti-krystal that uses "I DONT WANT FURRY BOOBS!" as an major argument point).

And, in the end, what matters is the move set. I like to play as Zero Suit Samus not because I like to see her sexy *** jiggle in that suit but because she has a unique play style that I thoroughly enjoy. Her hyper-sexualization does nothing for me. In that way, the sexualization of Krystal should not be the fundamental core of the character. It should be her uniqueness and play style that could offer something new in the Smash universe. I know there are some people who feel there are no "good" female newcomers and I think that is just bull****. What makes a female character unique is because...well....she is a female. They are a short commodity in Smash. However, Krystal does happen to have a magical staff, gymnastic abilities, knowledge in conventional weaponry, and hand-to-hand combat. I would say those only improve her resume.

She certainly does have the ability to be extremely unique but she could also be a luigified or downright clone. Additionally, there is another staff wielding character that, most likely, has much bigger chances than her: Palutena. While her staff is unique, Palutena could also pull off a staff-based moveset. If Krystal vs Palutena was brought up in pre-Brawl, I would of put all my money on Krystal. But this time around, I am more inclined to side with Palutena.

So yeah, Krystal has a lot of support and a lot of opposition. She suffers from hyper-sexualization and that is, sadly, a major contention from opponents. Additionally, some supporters tend to target that sexualization and use that as a basis for wanting her included. People should look to what she can bring into Smash, her uniqueness as a character, and her ability to work along with the rest of the roster.

As for me, I like the character but, like I said, my support for her has dwindled within the years. This occurred when Wolf was revealed to be in Smash 4. I am pretty much against a fourth Star Fox rep - even if it is Krystal. Now if Falco or Wolf is cut, then maybe but I am 100% against those two getting cut. Falco has become a mainstay in the Smash scene and Wolf is the bad-*** rival. So, to me, Krystal missed her chance sadly. However, Sakurai seems to have a fondness of adding new Star Fox characters for every Smash game. He obviously knows of Krystal's worth and went to the trouble of making codecs of her, a trophy, and a description. It really just comes down to if Krystal can see the true worth of Krystal and if hee feels she can be implemented successfully into Smash 4.

For Krystal;

Want: 1.8
Likeliness: 2.95

Megaman's Prediction: 3.79

Nominations:

Andy x2
M. Bison x2
Dixie Kong x1

D

Deleted member

Well this day has certainly been interesting.

New day should be up by 6 PM CST. You have until then to discuss and rate Krystal.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Krystal.

Want = 1
Likelihood = 3

She gets a 1 in Want from me because 1) I am not a fan of Star Fox series and 2) I am not happy that all the Star Fox characters in Smash are clones of Fox and 3) I hate the idea of four Star Fox characters in Smash who may be clones of Fox. She gets a 3 in Likelihood from me because I cannot deny the insane popularity she has, even if the lion's share of that popularity is composed of furries.

Nominations = Tingle, Toad, Meowth, Duck Hunt Dog, King Hippo

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
People are aways mentioning that Krystal should use her Landmaster or Arwing in her Final Smash, this is only for comparing her and intending to put her in semi-clone status!!! Furoius! Outraged! Sick With Anger!

People AWAYS forfotten that she can uses DINOSSAURS, much like a pterodactyl to use in her final smash! And DON"T come saying that the only game she uses dinossaurs was Star Fox adventures, this is a not good argument to use!

For her up B, the rocket boost, She will AWAYS go STRAIGHT up! This should be a lot different from Fire Fox e similliars right?

Also she have telepathy abilities, but I really don't have a good idea for some moves with this... sorry Krystal!

Also she can use Kursed as an alternate costume!

Edit: Did I already give my nominations? If not...

Ghirahim x5

FABULOUS!

D

Deleted member

Pterodactyl could easily be an Arwing clone move, especially if Falco is given one since he "prefers the air".

And if it's just used for ramming people, then it copies Super Sonic, but without the speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom