• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rapper Lupe Fiasco and ZeRo to possibly face off at EVO 2016

If somebody told you that famous rapper Lupe Fiasco would play Smash 4 champion ZeRo, would you have believed them? Well, it may be happening on Smash's biggest stage yet -- EVO 2016. The challenge came from ZeRo today on Twitter, and Lupe was quick to reply:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Additionally, Lupe will be going back to his Street Fighter roots by picking Ryu -- even requesting the guidance of Trela, who is widely regarded as the best Ryu main in the world.

Though EVO has not released an official statement on this exhibition yet, this new rivalry is sure to be very exciting in the weeks to come. Be sure to follow Lupe and ZeRo on Twitter and stay tuned to Smashboards for more EVO and Smash 4 news.

Comments

D
Not the best pic that could be used for ZeRo....lol....

Lupe's quickly climbing up to be a fighting god.
first Daigo,and now Zero. Who's next? Kappa

So, if Lupe can beat the world's best Street Fighter player.
I think he can beat the world's best Smash 4 player.

Except lupe is an actual fraud. He admitted to fixing his match against Daigo, zer0 shouldn't even lose a single stock to lupe, he's clearly never going to be that good in his life.

Lupe needs to win on the last game, last stock.

Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U needs to become Super Smash Bros. for the WWE for this EVO Salty Suite match.

If people legitimately believe that something like this could be staged without people knowing definitvely just from watching the fight, then it's a testimate to how poor the game is competitively.

(I don't need to say that it would be impossible to rig such a match in Melee without immediately being exposed.)

Last edited:
I'm going to Vegas to attend EVO, so if I see this happening on Sunday night, I'm going to be really hyped...

I don't want to see ZeRo fake it though. Like Champ Gold Champ Gold said, I hope it's going to be like Reggie vs Hbox.

EDIT: Fixed BBCode

Last edited:
I'm still undecided, I'm not in to the compeitive scene of smash 4 enough to say. But if Lupe winning a staged match against Zero could be convincingly staged enough to fool the community at large, then it really sums up the way I feel about Smash 4.

However, I'm honestly leaning towards the contrary, that there is no way this could be staged. It would be obvious if Zero were sand-bagging.

D
I kinda want to see Lupe win, just to see what happens afterwards. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If people legitimately believe that something like this could be staged without people knowing definitvely just from watching the fight, then it's a testimate to how poor the game is competitively.

(I don't need to say that it would be impossible to rig such a match in Melee without immediately being exposed.)
This is literally 109% accurate. Even if smash 4 players don't admit it.

The same Lupe that ducked fights on Twitter from MKX players after saying it was a game "for people who can't play SF" and when confronted about it, told the FGC they should "eat a **** and die". But of course he deleted those posts and then everyone rode on his nuts for a few weeks over an obvious match fix.

Screw Lupe, as far as I'm concerned. Is the Smash community really so desperate for attention that we need to bring in random celebrities who don't give a damn about the game or the community in order to "bring hype"? Whatever the hell that means, because we know the matches aren't gonna be good anyway. It was pathetic when the SF5 community did it, and it'll still be pathetic if it happens with Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom