• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raphnet Vs Mayflash for Netplay

freekazoid

Smash Cadet

VS

What is better, answers I'm looking for are answers that parrallel one versus the other in terms of your personal experience with them. But mainly I want to know which is better in terms of which has the best response and least lag over Netplay. Or if theyre equal in qualities on emulation/netplay ssb64
Raphnet N64 Controller Adapter or Mayflash Adapter.
Notes: I've used a Mayflash before but I've never used a Raphnet Adapter. So I'm asking to find out if Raphnet is better than Mayflash. PS If you have any experience with a additional adapter that is better or in your opining the best you've ever used let me know. I've used the Retrolink controller i should add.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Mayflash delays the c buttons separately from the rest of the controller. If you are fine completely screwing your muscle memory between console and online go for it.

Otherwise, raphnet.

bigblast66

Smash Cadet
I'm a huge fan of mayflash, the adapter is great and responds greatly to commands. I'd recommend.

Annex

Smash Ace
I use Raphnet. I think most people online who want to become good console players use it too
And dude it's like $5 more than a mayflash; idk why you would wanna skimp out

Supposedly there's an adapter that's better, but it's prohibitively expensive. I think it was called retrotech or something

caneut

Smash Ace
retrousb is also a good adapter, some say its better than raphnet. dunno.

adaptoid is perfect but its really ****ing expensive

mayflash is aids.

LimeSoda

Smash Cadet
I have had 3 Mayflashes in the span of under a year, sadly, due to them breaking. After the first I really should have bought a Raphnet.

It's an overall ****ty adapter. It works, but my transition between console and online is trash and whenever I'm not used to one, the other feels completely foreign, even offline emulation, so I attribute a lot of that to the adapter.

caneut

Smash Ace
I have had 3 Mayflashes in the span of under a year, sadly, due to them breaking. After the first I really should have bought a Raphnet.

It's an overall ****ty adapter. It works, but my transition between console and online is trash and whenever I'm not used to one, the other feels completely foreign, even offline emulation, so I attribute a lot of that to the adapter.
see
Mayflash delays the c buttons separately from the rest of the controller. If you are fine completely screwing your muscle memory between console and online go for it.

Otherwise, raphnet.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Raphnet

I used mayflash for two years before switching to raphnet and really struggled with console. Would take me like 2 weeks to get used to the switch. But the raphnet of you havent decided yet

freekazoid

Smash Cadet
I use Raphnet. I think most people online who want to become good console players use it too

Supposedly there's an adapter that's better, but it's prohibitively expensive. I think it was called retrotech or something
I googled Retrotech and nothing came up.

freekazoid

Smash Cadet

mayflash is aids.
I googled Adaptoid but there were none on Ebay but it does exist! Have you ever tried an Adaptoid? Is it better than Raphnet?

freekazoid

Smash Cadet

I found it your talking about the Retroport.

freekazoid

Smash Cadet
For anyone who got to this thread from Google or the Boards it looks like the only adapters available for the N64 are as listed.

Raphnet
Adaptoid
Retroport
Boom N64/PSX Adapter
Mayflash N64 Only
Mayflash (N64/PSX/XBox)

Idk what is best between Raphnet, Adaptoid, Retroport or Boom. Mayflash seems in a class of it's own... of a$$ lol

Last edited:

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Adaptoid is the best but the don't make them anymore so you can only wait until someone decides to sell a used one and be willing to pay for it.

caneut

Smash Ace
For anyone who got to this thread from Google or the Boards it looks like the only adapters available for the N64 are as listed.

Raphnet
Adaptoid
Retroport
Boom N64/PSX Adapter
Mayflash N64 Only
Mayflash (N64/PSX/XBox)

Idk what is best between Raphnet, Adaptoid, Retroport or Boom. Mayflash seems in a class of it's own... of a$$ lol

mayflash is aids.
i meant retroport not retrousb

D

Deleted member

mayflash all the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom