• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Tripping is back but in a new form?

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
At first I thought this was specific moves causing a trip such as Diddys bananas but the more I play the more it looks like random tripping is still in. It just seems to trigger whenever you get hit on the ground instead of when you start a dash. For example, in the match I just played Pikachus neutral B caused a trip. I've seen this happen for seemingly no reason with other moves as well. Has anyone done any testing to see if it is indeed random or if it happens for any specific reason? (High percentage makes it more likely maybe?)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I believe specific attacks do make the opponent trip, like MK's d-tilt. It's not random though, there's always a reason for it.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure? I've never seen Pikachus neutral b cause a trip and I don't see why it would. I do know that there are certain attacks that cause trip. But this seems much less consistent.

camelot

Smash Ace
In Brawl, any non-tumble attack that doesn't lift you off the ground has an 11% chance to trip, and some attacks (usually d-tilts and d-smashes) have an increased % chance to trip (usually around 30-40%). It's probably identical here.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yeah it's not "tripping", it's just that certain attacks when doing something makes you trip. And that's nothing odd or bad, it's like saying jumping on someones head or getting grabbed when sheilding is bad/should be removed.

Top Bottom