• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Tripping Fix?

jr.lizardking

Smash Cadet
Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_USA_Wii-WiiZARD-RNDTRIPFIX

I found "this" on a certain "site"....i'm really not sure how much I can talk about this hear, but it appears that random tripping has been removed..

i'm downloading now, i'll confirm it when it's done (going pretty slow....:( )

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Anything could be in that ISO, Virus Aswell. Well if you want to risk it, do it.

+ That will cause major Desyncs Online if it does work.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
He is downloading a "Modified Brawl" ISO that has removed tripping.

If it's not a Virus of some sort.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
What happens if it does work? Will every competitive smasher use a Modified/hacked Smash game? =O

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
I think that would be the thing to do, i mean we all own the real game, so who cares if we dl a modified version, at least here in Canada thats totally legal, so might as well, better for competition.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Well guess if the OP is going to say if it does work or not though.

(If we don't hear a reply soon it was fake or his pc was eaten by some super virus :chuckle:)

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
If a modded Brawl with no tripping could be used in competitive matches, doesn't that open up the possibility of using ones that have L-Cancel modded in too?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Your risking all that just so you don't trip?

...Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Just remember you've put Murphy's Law into effect by doing ths!

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
So either this man will go down in history, or this thread will just join the millions of other bull **** threads in the General Brawl Discussion......

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
O Faithless fools! How can you distrust "a certain site" !?

I swear, some people...

Nodrak

Smash Ace
So basically you go to a site for modded wii's and someone has a torrent which claims to fix tripping. You deserve to get that virus not only for being stupid, but for not actually buying the game.

Brainiac_man

Smash Journeyman
So basically you go to a site for modded wii's and someone has a torrent which claims to fix tripping. You deserve to get that virus not only for being stupid, but for not actually buying the game.
He probably did, but got fed up with tripping and is risking his computer for what is obviously a virus.

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I guess it's possible. I've heard you can mod a wii to play downloaded games and many people played the japanese version of Brawl on a modded wii... so I guess you could download a modified iso that doesn't have tripping...

I'm interested in what happens here! Hope (for your sake) it's not a virus! :p

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Removing tripping seems so small for taking a risk so big

If it's confirmed as bueno I MAAAAY take a shot at it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Even if it's real, you have to have a hacked Wii. If you have to hack a game to make it competitive... melee anyone?

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
No one is going to use a hacked game for a tournament, and practicing competetively on a hacked game will only make you less prepared for playing on a non-hacked one. Bottom line- I don't think this is gonna help competetive players either way unless you just want it to play with at home.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really sure how this would be a virus...

It's just an ISO. If he isn't stupid, he's gonna burn it to a DVD and then just play it on his Wii. He's not running anything on his computer other than his normal DVD burning software.

The only way it might be a virus is if it's a virus for the Wii itself, but I REALLY doubt that's the case.

EDIT: I still doubt that it's the real deal, of course.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Call BS on this. For one thing, I frequent the tracker where Wizard posts his torrents (the downloaders then upload his torrents to other sites). Absolutely no trace of this torrent.

For another, Wizard would not release an entire ISO for something like this, he'd release a patch for those who already have the game (he's done so in the past, he was the originator of the original Brawl-torrents).

Yet again, since when are there people with sufficient programming ability to not only crack the game but also reprogram it? And even if there were, we couldn't possibly use it in tournaments.

It is a fake, you're most probably not even downloading Brawl but sometimes else entirely and quite possibly a virus.

This is very important: Do not download this. It's a waste of your time and bandwidth and it might even be malicious!

6footninja

Smash Ace
Most likely its not what you think it is. Trust me ive been using torrents for years. I doubt you're going to find a rip without tripping. Torrents aren't godly ya know. Yeah, it could be a virus.

Top Bottom