• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Dash Dance 2 Results - Plano/Dallas - April 21st

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Emily, 1$ MM tomorrow?

There's no doubt in my mind that I'm better than Emily, it's just masked by the fact that she plays Sheik and I play Falcon.
SHE MAINS ICE CLIMBERS. I refuse to believe otherwise. Don't even try to john about that matchup.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
dang penguin don't be bitter

i know you're pretty good but don't appease your self esteem by putting people down, especially when they may not be substantiated remarks
i don't even know what substantiated means

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
I'm not bitter, and I'm not trying to put anybody down.

We play a competitive game, some people are better at it than others, that's just how it works.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Irish Guy: I watched your set agains Hamyojo. Your Nana is amazing. Wish I could have met you.
wow ^.^' i personally like the way i ended the second match but yes my Nana does tend to take her medicine and is able to do cool things other than jump off the edge or fighter stance from time to time! thanks for posting though i had no idea i had recorded matches that i can use <3

MT_

Smash Ace
Perfectengrish would have made bracket if he was in my pool, just sayin'. I knew when he didn't make bracket that he was going to tear up novice bracket easily. GET'EM.

Gravity

Smash Ace
5: Gravity - That was a fun set! Nice repping OK and beating some of Texas' top players
yeah it was fun. thanks for hosting an awesome tourny and an awesome afterparty. i also watched your mm with irish. pretty cool
5: Gravity - You kind of destroyed me LOL, next time we meet I want to get friendlies in with you! And another MM of course =D stay solid and hopefully I'll play you again someday.
next time im totally down for another MM. i have alot of practice with the marth MU lol.
ps super awesome job uploading the vids so fast. im pumped about them
5: Gravity :samusmelee: - only played you one match, and i'm salty! thanks for comin' and being the highest placing OK player
we should definitely play more next time. maybe even a MM?
5: Gravity - We didn't get to play. Next time.
so many people and so little time :( i wish i could have played everyone all day
Gravity - Keep it awaaaaaay :c
lol :( that MU is super gay, but you are totally legit. mindgames, bro

also to rob, and anyone else who contributed, the money to help for the hotel was incredible and unexpected. srsly that was super tight. whenever we get around to hosting a tourny ill do the same thing or house you guys or sth.

@mojo im salty lol. mm next time

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
We were both pretty much over it after getting knocked out of pools. I just give up when I (feel like I) lose because I play Falcon.

I mean, yeah we could have stuck around to win the Novice bracket, but what's the point in that? I already know that I'm ≥ everyone who didn't make it out of pools (maybe not Perfect Engrish, never saw him play), and ≤ everyone who did (excluding Emily).
Try baiting more. If you are gonna stick with falcon, you're gonna have to bait/zone to create opportunities, opposed to just jumping at them with a nair. It's difficult, but that's how you have to play the higher up the ladder you go.

Asian English
(get at me, Brandon)
has a good sheik. You guys would have made novice bracket really interesting. And even more than that, it's fun chillin with you guys.

hah, I was really upset about that so I hope I didn't come across as a **** afterwards. D: I still had fun, though. We should get some friendlies in next time I'm around.
You didn't. I felt like **** when I lost us that match vs you and Zinth on YS. Maybe worse because I let my partner down. :/ (Sorry, Jose.) And I rarely get that upset about a match in smash. I totally understand why you would be upset.
And I'm sorry for not being able to talk to you more after the match. I was being attacked by the Emily of Waves.

I'm really sorry I didn't make it out to this. It looks like a lot of fun was had and I really wanted to meet OK. I should stop putting school and friends over smash. I'm sorry Emily, I'll try really hard to make it out to the next one!
I wanna play your ICs. I've heard a lot about it. =)

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
When I play Falco, I usually switch to ICs. I'd rather not commit to a character seeing as how I do play both. Also why best of 7? Is best of 5 not sufficient?

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
When I play Falco, I usually switch to ICs. I'd rather not commit to a character seeing as how I do play both. Also why best of 7? Is best of 5 not sufficient?
If you go ICs, I'd probably go Falcon, but I am absolutely not putting any amount of money on any set that involves Falcon vs. Sheik

Bo5 is fine

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
How about best of five, Falco vs Sheik round 1, tournament rules including character counterpick, 6 neutral stages (no gay stages).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
my ***** leaf
I see you takin names in dat novice bracket

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Why don't y'all just agree to do a best of 5 MM with a double blind pick on the first match, standard counterpicking procedure after that? Also, I'll challenge Penguin to MMs against my Y Link and DK vs his Falcon next time I get the chance to play him.

Oh yeah, shoutouts... I'm too lazy so I'll just say this: Fun tourney; I love everyone except the people I don't.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
ggs to everyone I played, though. I should have practiced or something, but I didn't know Melee was gonna be AT the venue until the night before.

Results threads are interesting.

my ***** leaf
I see you takin names in dat novice bracket
Next time, Strong Bad. Next time.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

F U ALL i was at werk :(

i was rly sad to miss this one, it sounds like everyone had a blast.

subscribing to see if emily taps

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Most fun I've had at a tourney in awhile! Shoutouts:

JF: sorry i had to murder you in those dk dittos bro, you're getting a lot better though can't wait to play again
Mojo: dude that **** you did with that trumpet after the tourney was sick, how do you get your buttcheeks to grip that tightly?
Emily: can't believe you threw mayonaiise at me during a tournament match, you've got balls kid
Tirno: your roy is sick dude keep it up
Sethlon: i don't understand why you were such a jerk to me this whole tournament but i hope you've calmed down since then man...
Oklahoma: you guys are too good
Zackattack: brawl sucks dude get over it

Overall awesome tournament, good work emily!

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Oh I totally johned out of going to Sethlon's to MM Penguin last night (real talk I was feeling ****ty). MM to happen next week, or possibly this weekend?

Most fun I've had at a tourney in awhile! Shoutouts:

JF: sorry i had to murder you in those dk dittos bro, you're getting a lot better though can't wait to play again
Mojo: dude that **** you did with that trumpet after the tourney was sick, how do you get your buttcheeks to grip that tightly?
Emily: can't believe you threw mayonaiise at me during a tournament match, you've got balls kid
Tirno: your roy is sick dude keep it up
Sethlon: i don't understand why you were such a jerk to me this whole tournament but i hope you've calmed down since then man...
Oklahoma: you guys are too good
Zackattack: brawl sucks dude get over it

Overall awesome tournament, good work emily!
Mouf I'll never forgive what you said to me after the tournament. Those words shall never be repeated again.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Individual shoutouts:
1: Tirno ($222) :falcomelee: - Good **** winning the tournament. It was fun playing at Emily's place, and thanks for the matchup advice. I look forward to playing you again next time.
2: Mojo (111) :foxmelee: :falconmelee: - Very impressive Fox; we'll definitely have to play next time. Good job placing 2nd and bringing GFs to set 2.
3: Sethlon ($37) :roymelee: - Your Roy is pretty incredible; definitely a lot more impressive than I remember from OHSNAP6. We'll have to play more next time, and definitely get some Roy dittos in. Very impressive tournament performance, and with Roy, no less.
4: JF :jigglypuffmelee: :falcomelee: - It was cool getting to play your Jigglypuff again after all these years -- it was a pretty good set. Good **** placing 4th and repping the old school. Looking forward to playing again next time.
5: TSC :falcomelee: - Cool talking at Emily's place, looking forward to playing you next time.
5: Gravity :samusmelee: - Good **** taking me out (that was a good set), playing a close set against Mojo, and placing 5th, dude; it was impressive. You've come a long way since we all started playing all those years ago.
7: JOS :falcomelee: - It was fun playing at Emily's place, and our doubles set was way too close. We can MM next time if you want.
7: Zinth - Zinth from Smashboards!
9: Gar - GGs at Emily's place. Look forward to playing you again. Also, nice recordings.
9: Mew - You've definitely improved a lot since the tournament at Prince Bistro or whatever it was called. Our doubles set was super intense; I really didn't want to lose lol. We'll have to play singles next time.
9: MT :marthmelee: - Nice job stomping me in our MM, dude; for some reason I had a feeling that you'd beat me when we played. You've improved a lot since OHSNAP6. I had fun playing and learned from our matches, and we can def. MM again next time; gotta step my Marth ditto game up!
9: Sybawave :foxmelee: - Our tournament set was super intense; your Marth really took me by surprise. Def. need to play again next time.
13: UTDZac :peachmelee: - We'll get you and Sethlon next time! GGs in doubles.
13: DualCats :sheikmelee: - We did pretty well in doubles. We'll do even better next time! Watch the chain and you'll definitely win more of those clutch sets in singles, but you know that already.
13: emilywaves :sheikmelee: - Great job hosting the tournament/afterparty, and it was fun hanging out afterwards. We'll have to actually play next time.
13: Denthorn :falconmelee: - GGs in tournament, our matches were pretty intense. I look forward to playing again!

5: TXZero - You've definitely improved a lot since I played you last. Keep at it! Look forward to playing you Wichita Falls kids again!
7: The Irish Dude - You've definitely been improving recently. You made some nice victories, so keep doing whatever you've been doing and be sure to learn from your mistakes and you'll definitely start making bracket.
13: M!ist - Keep working on the Marth matchup!
13: Chris S - Some nice tricks with Pikachu. It's all about experience!
Penguin - GGs in friendlies, doubles, and pools. You've definitely got skill; my advice to you is to work on making your approaches less predictable and approaching less and baiting more, like what MimicMew said. Marth can pretty easily own Falcon's approach if he knows it's coming, but he's also pretty susceptible to baits.
Rob - I still don't know who you are, and I wasn't aware you did this until I read this topic, but thinks for organizing a fund to help pay for our hotel costs. Really appreciated!

I'm definitely looking forward to the next event. Hopefully we can start up alternating bi-monthlies with these.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Quote of the day from the tournament:

Brandon: "For a while, I got caught up playing your game, playing slow, and then I remembered: 'Hey! I'm Fox!'"

Ah, good games.

Rexozord: Well done in our pools match. First time in a while I've played a Sheik ditto in tournament.

Sybawave: I try not to remember our match. Still stings to think about it.

Emily: This wouldn't have come together without you.

Rob: Thanks for teaming with me. My play style probably got you into a world of trouble, though.

Other shout outs go to Tyranny, Mew, and Gravity. I'm sure I'm not remembering everyone...

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Gah, JOHNS!!!! My ankle hurt! My controller wasn't plugged in! I was tripping on acid and thought that I was flying on a magic carpet the whole time, it's amazing I even won a set!

Good **** Penguin. I am now saltier than the dead sea. I will take my money back.

Top Bottom