• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. REALLY Deconfirmed?

-KW-

Smash Apprentice

My god, this isn't worth arguing about!

R.O.B IS AS LIKELY AS A GOOMBA OR TOAD!

Now can we end this?

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
They didn't confirm anything. They just added what they had to say. They aren't official.
True. Of course their word isn't final and they could be lying, but I consider them reliable leakers because of their history. The fact that they have reputations in the gaming community to uphold also makes me believe they are reputable.

Whatever. We'll all know soon enough.:)

I've already heard enough about them to say that I'd bet money on their predictions.

It's 35 characters. MarkMan never mentioned ROB once. People just put the 35 char list with the 35 char leak.

What MarkMan had to say was that the game has 35 characters; 41 stages; Wolf; and Falco.

I've already heard enough about them to say that I'd bet money on their predictions.

It's 35 characters. MarkMan never mentioned ROB once. People just put the 35 char list with the 35 char leak.

What MarkMan had to say was that the game has 35 characters; 41 stages; Wolf; and Falco.
Just curious: Where do Zero Suit Samus and Sheik fall in that formula?

MarkMan said that 35 characters = character icons, not character movesets, so it would be a total of 39 counting transformations.

I must reiterate, more than half of Melee's hidden characters were much easier to make. Clones spoiled us as to secret characters - if we didn't have clones, we'd only have five - that's one more than SSB. 12 would be seven more than in Melee not counting clones, and one more if.

Also, remember, Snake and Sonic will be hidden, meaning that it'd be a total of 14 secret characters.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So there would only be 12 hidden characters?
&%$@#&$%@#$%$@#$%&@#&!!!!!!!!!!!! Do curse words be this long? :laugh:

But that's the problem with the below 40 rouster, a big game with a lot of stuff but little characters!?!?! That would be a bad move to make for a three year game. I know you were being sarcastic BTW.

Why do people act like characters are the only thing that they put effort into? Sakurai probably worked more on the new game modes than he did making the characters.

I must reiterate, more than half of Melee's hidden characters were much easier to make. Clones spoiled us as to secret characters - if we didn't have clones, we'd only have five - that's one more than SSB. 12 would be seven more than in Melee not counting clones, and one more if.

Also, remember, Snake and Sonic will be hidden, meaning that it'd be a total of 14 secret characters.
Oh yea, I forgot about Snake and Sonic, but that doesn't affect the number of unknowns.

But to elaborate, the three confirmed (Lucario, Ness and Jigglypuff), the three shoe-in veterans (Luigi, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf), five highly likely veterans (Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, Falco and Marth) and the rest of the likely newcomers. I will assume Ganondorf and Young Link will have unique movesets of course (from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, respectively), as well as Falco, so I don't think clones play much of a factor.

And, as I said, the fact that Ganondorf, Young Link, and Falco will be decloned in all likelihood, it means that they will be as good as newcomers. While we could've gotten brand new characters, I'd rather have them fix these clones first.

And, as I said, the fact that Ganondorf, Young Link, and Falco will be decloned in all likelihood, it means that they will be as good as newcomers. While we could've gotten brand new characters, I'd rather have them fix these clones first.
Well that's the thing. It just seems like there isn't enough room to fit all of these deserving characters with 35. Even 38 or so would be a bit better.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Why do people act like characters are the only thing that they put effort into? Sakurai probably worked more on the new game modes than he did making the characters.
Because it DOESN'T work like these:

Day 1:
"Ok guys, today, the WHOLE of you, are going to do characters!"

Day 2:
"OK now, I think today each and everyone of the 100 people working should work on stickers"

The way you wrote that makes it seem Sakurai made each and every character. He didn't.

With the large development staff, and the amount of time worked into it, it doesn't add up.

I personally think Falco and Young Link aren't going to be decloned. It just seems as likely as Roy or Dr. Mario being decloned.
You must realize that by 'decloned Young Link', it is generally assumed to mean 'Wind Waker Link'. What with the Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, Grappling Hook and the Wind Waker itself, giving him a new moveset would be easier than shooting a fish lodged in your gun barrel.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Falco and Young Link aren't going to be decloned. It just seems as likely as Roy or Dr. Mario being decloned.
If Falco and Young Link aren't going to be decloned then they most likely won't be in Brawl, and there's a fairly large chance they will be.

Besides, Roy's unpopular and Dr. Mario's just normal Mario with a false identity that allows him to stick hazardous amounts of pills down people's throats.

It adds up perfectly for the simple fact that there's so much content that's going into this game. The 700 employees include musicians, artists, sound effect "composers", writers, etc. In all likelihood, there are hundreds of people involved in doing stuff besides developing the characters (well, with the exception of the artists, who would also work on art for the characters).

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
It adds up perfectly for the simple fact that there's so much content that's going into this game. The 700 employees include musicians, artists, sound effect "composers", writers, etc. In all likelihood, there are hundreds of people involved in doing stuff besides developing the characters (well, with the exception of the artists, who would also work on art for the characters).
Exactly, which is why the guys making the characters can focus on the characters.

...And then they made 35 characters.

If you remove all the people working on content outside of characters, there's less people working on characters.

And even with the people working on characters, you have to take into account that many of them have lesser roles in their creation - ie, VAs, debugging, art, character models, writers, etc.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
...And then they made 35 characters.

If you remove all the people working on content outside of characters, there's less people working on characters.

And even with the people working on characters, you have to take into account that many of them have lesser roles in their creation - ie, VAs, debugging, art, character models, writers, etc.
That neither you nor I know. We don't know how much people are working on that. I'm just assuming. Since the main selling point in the game is the characters, and the amount of time they have put into this, with more than double the time Melee had, plus the bigger dev team, and Sakurai remarking how he unintentionally hit the 25 character mark in Melee and woud try to add as much as he could in Brawl, to me, it means that roster is lacking.

Top Bottom