• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B Patch 1.1.1 Changes

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
So, the latest patch has now been released!
Have any of the changes had an effect on our Robotic Operating Buddy? :4rob:

Changes made to R.O.B:

* None

Global Changes:

* Shield stun mechanics altered
* Shield damage on getup attacks reduced
* Invincibility on backrolls and airdodges reduced

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Downloading the patch right now.

We still kill Kirby at 130 on bf side plats when we're at 130 like last patch.

Using the up b 3, and immediately canceling out of it with fair, you can do it 6 times. I don't know if that's changed or not.

Last edited:

waka_waka

Smash Rookie
A lot of multihit moves have been buffed because of the new shield lag increase, is arm rotor any different??

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Dude! Yes, we gotta test Arm Rotor! We gotta see if this is our big break!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
What needs to be tested in the realm of the new shield stun increase:
-How safe is nair on shield
-Does dtilt lock them in shield (doubtful but would be amazing).
-I don't see this benefiting side b. It would be diff if shield damage increased. But it's just stun, right?

We need to be testing quick stuff here. Or maybe even hard hitting stuff.

OOO, perhaps fsmash and bair will be safer on shield. I mean it definitely will. But will it become...safe on shield?

Hop to it guys. I can't test until after this weekend because I'm flying to The Big House 5 tomorrow and I'm streaming tonight.

Last edited:

Wokonex

Smash Rookie
Does JC gyrotoss down on a shield guarantees any followup with the new shieldstun? grab or something?

Last edited:

waka_waka

Smash Rookie
I'll lab some stuff tomorrow since I'll actually be at a tournament so I can lab it! I know the shield lag modifier has been increased on heavier hitting moves so it may benefit fsmash and bair a lot Anything else I should put on my list besides
  • jc gyro dthrow on shield followups
  • dtilt shield lock
  • arm rotor
  • dtilt into arm rotor shield break (?)
  • fsmash, nair, and bair on shield
I'm pretty sure if jc dthrow gyro does work give enough shield lag and dtilt put them in enough shield lag to start side b it could be pretty dirty

We could have a guaranteed shield break since they can't shield sdi out of arm rotor because we can move...

It'd be like JC dthrow gyro > dtilt once or twice > arm rotor

I WILL FIND OUT TOMORROW AND KEEP YOU UPDATED!

Last edited:

waka_waka

Smash Rookie
Ok so we only have one really useful thing that I could find,
jc dthrow gyro on their shield > grab is guaranteed
also jc dthrow gyro on their shield > any tilt is guaranteed

Bad News:
They can still drop shield during arm rotor, it doesn't have enough shield stun to prevent them dropping shield.
You can't lock shields with dtilt

Neutral News:
Nair bair and fsmash are safer, not enough that you can't get punished, but it is harder to get punished

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Did some testing last night as well, and got basically the same results you did. Rather unfortunate almost none of our grand ideas panned out in practice. =/

Just about a note about nair though. From my testing, autocancel nair to jab or dtilt beats shieldgrab now. It potentially did in the prior patch too, but the timing is now a lot more lenient. This is not true if they powershield your nair, so be careful and space your nairs still. I'm not sure if this disagrees with your findings about nair or not.

Not so fun facts. Autocancel nair mathematically can block string into jab, dtilt, and JC gyro toss down. In practice though, it's impossible to connect nair on shield and then autocancel it in the next 3-4 frames because of its hitbox and how floaty ROB is. Why does reality have to be so cruel? QQ
Autocancel nair -> JC gyro toss down -> grab might still be useful in practice though. I didn't check Nair -> JC toss down versus shieldgrab, because I couldn't figure out how to JC toss in 1/4 hold L mode. >__>

Informant

Smash Apprentice
California....just like every one else silly!
NNID
edpuga
3DS FC
1908-1488-2162
Switch FC
SW-1389-3088-9205
So, how do you think this patch helps ROB with his difficult matchups?
Beep! Luigi can no longer do those insane combos and finishers on us thankfully. Due to more shieldstun, we might be able to get more time to recover our fuel if we land back onstage with a Bair or gyro spam

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I think the shield changes helps rob a lot, playing a campy style is now a little more effective.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
So, how do you think this patch helps ROB with his difficult matchups?
I personally think :4zss: will still be a nightmare to deal with. :4pikachu: is likely harder as well. =/

Not too sure how :4sheik: will be affected. She wasn't really punishable on shield in the first place if she played optimally.

Top Bottom