• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Analysis #18 - Bowser Jr.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
:4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr::4bowserjr:

@Tweek

Bowser JR.: 60: 40 - ROB wins this matchup pretty handily. MR. Doom is an excellent main of Koopaling and I pretty much consistently win any sets we have. You need to learn to utilize the mecha koopas against him. Learn the timing to just pick them up with a, or you can shield them then release to a to pick them up. Our projectiles between laser and gyro combo between one another for lots of free damage whenever he tries to fire one of his slower projectiles. Beware of his up b into hammer swing especially when above him. Just fast fall and air dodge through it. If he up B and doesn't sweet spot the edge, you can jab him once or dtilt to make him fall back down past the ledge and die without getting his upb back. Alternatively, it's pretty easy to learn the timing for dair to keep him from grabbing the ledge at all. You don't need to approach much in this matchup, but staying at a mid range is recommended and just continually punish his unsafe attacks with tilts and grabs.

Last edited:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
I really need some MU exp. against a good Bowser Jr. I've only played like 1 or 2, and its been so long that I'm not sure I remember how to properly play it. Would <3 some MU practice sometime against some BowJr mains online if possible.

That being said, I feel that this MU is all about not getting baited into making mistakes with BowJr's clown car shenanigans & fakeouts. Feels to me (from times playing before) like its in ROBs favor, though by how much I don't know. Sorry I can't be of more help. ;_;

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
RESIDENT BJR MAIN CLOCKIN IN

ROB is honestly amazing in this MU. I believe that a gyro will stop a side b approach and a well timed laser can stuff a lot of bjr approach options. Since ROB is also a very heavy character, many of bjr's KO setups will be delayed %wise. You guys being ROB mains, you prob have a lot of item exp. so, MK shenanigans are easy to avoid for you bois. ALTHOUGH, bjr has some edges over ROB. ROB's clunky ground game can prove advantageous for a good bjr that applies good and constant pressure. also, since bjr takes 0.88x percent if hit on his kart (also decreased KB) your beep boop **** will be slightly less effective. I'd give this MU to ROB at 55/45 but, don't sleep on a good bjr because we'll catch your absurdly huge hurtbox.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
I'd need more experience to decide, but I generally have quite an easy time against the koopaling krew. Their projectiles are slow and they have short range on their melee attacks, as well as having little safe approach options, especially against gyros.

Last edited:

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
ROB's gyro also disables mechakoopa, so that helps eliminate some of the stage presence Bowser Jr mains can sometimes rely on.

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
I'd need more experience to decide, but I generally have quite an easy time against the koopaling krew. Their projectiles are slow and they have short range on their melee attacks, as well as having little safe approach options, especially against gyros.
you're playing vs horrible bjrs if they're using cannonball as a legitimate projectile js

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
you're playing vs horrible bjrs if they're using cannonball as a legitimate projectile js
Yeah, most of my experience is on FG. I've never faced a good Baby Bowser in a tournament setting.

Top Bottom