• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

-Ran

Smash Master
Tvs aren't going to be used for Smash, but will be used for other games. Smash I'm going to have tables + normal tvs.

Tvs aren't going to be used for Smash, but will be used for other games. Smash I'm going to have tables + normal tvs.
That sounds like a regular smashfest lol

I doubt anyone here will be able to answer me, but is anyone familiar with figuring out hardware specs and speeding up dolphin? Mostly just trying to get melee to run full speed currently. At regular, it runs about ~28/60 fps, but with frame skipping at the maximum setting, it's running at about ~55/60. Not quite sure how to bump it up to that 60/60 setting. I believe shutting down audio bumped it to ~58/60

We borrow a spare room on campus to play in. So tables and chairs are always in there.
Playing MvC or some other fighter? Perhaps Halo/CoD lol

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
My school sucks. The lounge only has 1 hdtv but everyone studies in there :/ Everyone that smashes there are noobs anyway.

Anyone know anything about Battlefield? I've played Halo Reach but I think I'm giving up on it. Can't play well with a team that doesn't cooperate and don't know call outs. I've played Black Ops and though I suck at it, thought it was pretty fun. I've seen the Battlefield trailers and that looks pretty fun too. I really wanna try getting a bit more competitive at FPS' but I dunno which would be good. I'd stick to Halo if I had a regular team to play with :/

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I played BF 2, but since I'm mostly a CoD guy, it felt really strange.

Everything has lots more recoil, kills slowly (faster than Halo, slower than Blops). The maps are massive and I can rarely find people. It also very lacking in game modes (I think 4, plus a hardcore version for all 4 of those). I had fun with it, but I only played 2-3 days on it. I find the unrealistic parts of CoD and the faster pace more interesting.

That said, there's a lot of nice features and interesting team-based games. I'm sure BF3 will be a lot better as well. I wouldn't choose Blops or BF2 as your FPS though, I'd probably wait for MW3 or BF3 and see if it's any good.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I haven't been really into an FPS since perfect dark

should be one of the first things I get on arcade, PD with online will be great

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I haven't been really into an FPS since perfect dark

should be one of the first things I get on arcade, PD with online will be great
Yea man! Perfect Dark 64 was the ****. It was so fun messing around in multiplayer and trying to kill those cheating dark sims. The main story was weird but I thought it was fun overall. I dunno about the new PD though. Haven't tried it.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Yea man! Perfect Dark 64 was the ****. It was so fun messing around in multiplayer and trying to kill those cheating dark sims. The main story was weird but I thought it was fun overall. I dunno about the new PD though. Haven't tried it.
I've heard mixed reviews of PD0 but I'm talking about PD on XBLA, which is just the N64 game with cleaned up graphics and online

It would be odd if the one reason I get an xbox is because of a game coming out for xbox arcade lol
I'm getting an xbox and the arcade games are a large part of the reason why. bastion, braid, shadow complex, insanely twisted shadow planet, lots of interesting stuff there

I wish I had the time and money to spend on the stuff lol My interests have been elsewhere this entire summer though. Only got through about half of the stuff I wanted to do.

I wish I had more time before the next semester started up, but there is still some time left. I've a got a few ideas to try out, so expect some stuff in the next month.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I would support BF3 just because activision is literally a cancer to the game industry, but yeah, both generic and BF3 looks boring as ****. they introduced the game with a video of driving a tank through the middle of no where for 5 minutes with absolutely nothing happening at all, do not want.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I've heard mixed reviews of PD0 but I'm talking about PD on XBLA, which is just the N64 game with cleaned up graphics and online

I'm getting an xbox and the arcade games are a large part of the reason why. bastion, braid, shadow complex, insanely twisted shadow planet, lots of interesting stuff there
I'd totally be down for PD on XBL. Love the dual functions of guns. As for the other arcade games listed, I've only played Braid. The story was deeper than I initially thought.
**** those hidden stars though. I spent 2 hours waiting for the cloud to come by only to see that the set up was incorrect. I couldn't jump high enough to get on the cloud >:(

call of duty bl0ws
Noted

I would support BF3 just because activision is literally a cancer to the game industry, but yeah, both generic and BF3 looks boring as ****. they introduced the game with a video of driving a tank through the middle of no where for 5 minutes with absolutely nothing happening at all, do not want.
Also noted.

Who here has a 3DS? Is it worth the money?
My brother has it. I'd say it's worth it if you really like handhelds.

lol I had forgotten about some of those like the codec. Certainly using that as soon as I can turn it into one for a text one.

Why PT?

I still gots it on my comp if you're having trouble finding it, though I'd imagine it's everywhere.
Nah, I'm good. I just have to take the time to dl the vid with the sound and convert to an audio only mp3, then hook up to my.. LG Lotus (:awesome:)
A process that takes all of.. 5 minutes lol

Top Bottom