• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Dope, I will start coming to these weeklys and any training grounds too. Maybe not this friday but after that definitly. I am serious about Samus.

-MOM

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
good **** shadow winning teams and reppin that MK!!

Also:

Bum is #1 (keep that Dk godly man)
Leo got 2nd and he doesn't even have the game LOL at everyone else XD

BUM163

Smash Lord
signs up will be when you come. it basically starts at 3pm, but i know people wont get there till like 6pm and such cause of work and school.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
ill be there this friday, thx for giving me the run down Bum, i'll try to bring my wii and brawl to this one like i did in alex's tourny.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
From now on anyone using real pictures of real people as their avatars will be banned.

Only anime, game ,movie,tv and various other fictional characters allowed. This "fictional" description applies to hollywood actors also such as Tom Cruise (Mr. "Hi Guyz" ---NL,Crismas,D1) for example.

Real people from Myspace and pictures of others or yourself will result in a ban.

/nonsense post

-dMT-

Smash Lord
muahahahahaaa....

Vanz, GGs at Play n Trade btw. Me and Jtails had to face you and sneak...and got defeated...argh

Those matches were clooose though. Close ending. Till next time

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol yea the std is at the same place. since this is a std is there rush to start this event or no? we do have all night to do this. so its up to ya. people like dj and dire won't get to the place till like 8pm or later. idk how ya feel about what time it should start so please post on that topic.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
As much as I loved the venue and quality, and overall how well it was...leaving Bronx to Brooklyn at 3am and getting home at 5.30am isn't something I want to repeat. I doubt I'd stay for STDs.

I say if it were to really really start at 5:30pm as originally intended, it'd be great. Starting at 8 would basically be forcing many of the smashers who have some travel time, to stay for an STD.

That's my input.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i want it to b an STD ... and also it doesn't mean it will end at 3 am ... it can go on till like 7 am ... so u can get to bk bright and early and safe guy ... so its alll good =]

BUM163

Smash Lord
the std will end like at 7am or 8am. YOU WILL NOT LEAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. SMASH TILL [DAWN] MEANING YOU CAN STAY TILL 7AM OR 8AM. SUNLIGHT

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
i am deff coming thru with wii and component cables lol. umm is anyone going to jersey on sat after bums tourny cause i need a ride and was wonderin if anyone wanted to go with me to jersey after bums std tourny.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I understand...I was there when the whole idea was being discussed, among the group of people headed to the train with Bum lol

My point is, won't there be people who would rather come, play, and leave and get home around 2-3am, rather than LEAVE at 2-3am.

It's definitely possible if the tournament starts at 5:30pm. Not everyone wants an STD. To me, that's just a backup option in the case that it is indeed too late when it all ends. Last time we saw epicness on the train. I don't want to repeat that uncomfortable experience.

Am I the only person that would rather avoid an STD if possible? Don;t think starting at 8 just because you can would be very fair...

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea but thats why you can stay overnight... unless you sayin your not allow to stay overnight.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
LOL. I can. I'd rather not, if possible. Well at least not every week. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the STD shouldn't be a valid reason to delay the tourney, and should be treated as a separate event immediately following the tournament.

Indeed I am being bichy...but I'm fairly certain that keeping the tourney start time at 5.30 would increase overall weekly outcome. Most people come for singles anyway, and that starts later.

Alukard

Smash Hero
LOL. I can. I'd rather not, if possible. Well at leasnt not every week. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the STD shouldn't be a valid reason to delay the tourney, and treated as a separate event immediately following the tournament.

Indeed I am being bichy...but I'm fairly certain that keeping the tourney start time at 5.30 would increase overall weekly outcome. Most people come for singles anyway, and that starts later.
i really doubt this is going to be an every week thing ...

Alukard

Smash Hero
It's being called a weekly. I'm going to go ahead and assume it happens more than once a month.
ok dont act like snotty jerk with me ... notice at the top it says smash till dawn this week THIS WEEK THIS WEEK THISSSSSS WEEEK ... so yea ...again

i doubt this is going to happen every week

cba

Smash Master
ok dont act like snotty jerk with me ... notice at the top it says smash till dawn this week THIS WEEK THIS WEEK THISSSSSS WEEEK ... so yea ...again

i doubt this is going to happen every week
LMAOOOOOOOO.
YOO up to what time can any1 show up. ?
EDIT: meaning that if we could go later at night

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol sorry wasn;t really trying to be snotty, but I guess it did come off like that. ehh I need some sleepz...

You meant the STD is this week. I thought you meant you didn't think the Bx weekly would happn every week.

Yea, my bad . >_>

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol ya crazy. well it depends. the earlier the people get there.i'll let them decide

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol ya crazy. well it depends. the earlier the people get there.i'll let them decide
how about u do like a mini event or sumthing till later ...and everyone will b happy like teams with items single elimination ... or sumthing cuz if people stay there they will want to start as the time goes by lol ...

also no hard feelings man ... it did come off snotty tho XD ... i just want it STD cuz my partner isn't going to b able to make it early as i kno some others cuz of work and stuff

BUM163

Smash Lord
i can do something like that. hmmmmmm lets see. i think i'll try to have something setup

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yo BUM HOW ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL IDEA
like you make randomized crews and have like a mini crew battle just for fun
i think the people will like it.

And its a time killer so we wont have to sit around waiting for the people that are expected to come.

Top Bottom