• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quivo's Toon Link videos UPDATED 11.19.08! MM with DIDDY

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I need to play your Toon Link again. I think my Lucas can stand up to him better now. Hate that matchup.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
Don't be afraid to grab them in those early stages of the game man. They expect you to use projectiles so they are ready to shield them all. You have to mix it up.

Lobos

Smash Master
Soup is right, nice job in pools tho. Those were some good matches on both parties. Just remember items throw people off their game and that is how we TL mains gain momentum.

Sound?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
You played really well against some good players. Amazing shield pressure game, but like Soup said, you need to punish your opponents for abusing their shield. That first game with Bloodhawk should of been yours.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Thanks for the tips guys. Yea, I'm always afraid to grab -_-

I'm afraid of being punished with all the lag there is after a missed grab.

Also, after playing overswarm... it just kinda became h abit to use a lot of bombs. It's like, I get everything powershielded, so I have no set ups. Bombs, I can just recatch and throw again or hit him while he spot dodges. BTW, I had just played overswarm before these pool matches... Anyway, next tournament I'll try to shield pressure better with projectiles and grab more...

QUIVO

Smash Master
Bump for new vids with alphazealot's diddy.

I also have another set but with my mk vs his diddy lol.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Diddy matches show how to Zair -> Usmash the RIGHT way. Very well spaced. Good job.
Boomerang to guard the edge when your recovering confused me at first, but I see what you were getting at with that. Nice.
Haha don't go for the Dair when hes gonna die if its a MM man.

Idk what else to say, nice job. =)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Is it just me or the videos are really shaky, distort like every other 2 second interval, and make it hard to look at Quivo's amazingness?

Was this intentional? You knew I was trying to steal from you huh Quivo? D=

QUIVO

Smash Master
lol to be honest, that spike was on accident. I was going for a fair. : (

Yea it is shaky, my laptop/dazzle sucks

btw thanks for the comment guys.

Yea zair to usmash is ok. It's hard to pull off consistently and you have to know how they're going to react. I usually get lucky by charging it for a second, or just him not reacting fast enough.

Zair spacing is important vs diddy otherwise you're going to slip or get hit by bananas.

We had another set, but my computer died off... : (
They were really sexy videos.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You guys will get better vids next week since I taught Q how to use VDub (read: linked him to a guide)

They'll be up vs. Falco, Marth, and Sheik if he really wants me to play that gay-azz matchup.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Quivo- awesome TL but in the third match that dair could have cost u. He was gonna die anyways. Right at the end.

clowsui

Smash Legend
TIME TO HYPE DIS UP

Sometime next week....

<cue an epic vid of Q using projectiles>

the truth about Quivo...

<flash a clip of Overswarm's ROB>

and his skills...

<flash a clip of QUIVO's TL>

WILL BE UNLEASHED!

<flash short clip of match>

QUIVO vs. Overswarm - tournament set from Test Your Might II!

Who will win this epic battle?
The Rigid, Obfuscating 'Bot...
<cue a clip of laser, gyro, dsmash in succession>
or the Tenacious Leprechaun-esque?
<cue a clip of epic bomb combo, uair kill, dair kill>

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Make them into a movie.

It sounds like it could be one.

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
Very nice TL. One question tho, what was that bomb throw at 3:39? It seemed like you moved backwards as you threw it. Was it just a Jump canceled bomb throw?

QUIVO

Smash Master
TLM- Thanks, I already said that was an accident though lol

Mrdc- Yea that's probably a jc'ed bomb throw.

Hopefully OS will get the videos up soon, they were good. Also our chemistry in teams was surprising, I think they might be pretty cool to watch.

Also, I noticed everyones watching the first video with diddy. That's a bad one lol, I get 2 stocked.. : ( Everyones ignoring the other 4

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Our teams matches were ****. Our double ROB match was like... one person playing.

I figured out pretty soon that I just need to let you do your thing in teams and play support, and then you would just go ape and I'd shoot **** at them.

Top Bottom