• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quirks while playing Brawl

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
What kind of random things do you find yourself doing while playing with friends or by yourself?

Whenever my friends and I play FFA, we have this obsession about Mr. Saturn. We sort of view him as a good luck charm, that whoever possesses Mr. Saturn will win the match. Whenever someone breaks a box or capsule and Mr. Saturn pops out, we drop everything in a mad scramble for Mr. Saturn.

"It's Mr. Saturn!"
"I GOTTA GET MR. SATURN"
"Aw, Mr. Saturn! He's coming to save the day!"

That last one's from my girlfriend, but she says it in this really weird way that I've been unable to ever imitate. Eh. o_o

So! Does anybody have any little quirks that show up while playing?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Aside from random screams of "NOOOO!" and "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" whenever someone self-destructs or gets K.Oed by explosive nothing really.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
For some strange reason, everytime I win a match, I look at the other person for a quick second... >_>

I have NO clue why I do that.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
For some strange reason, everytime I win a match, I look at the other person for a quick second... >_>

I have NO clue why I do that.
To see the expression on their loser faces? :bee:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i have to whipe my hands on my pant legs after every stock O.o''

also the only time i ever played with items my friend was over and we yelled landmastah. a lot

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
"Iiiiiitttss....STAAAAAAAAAAAFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*pause*

*take a screenshot*

we have quite a few.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
i have to whipe my hands on my pant legs after every stock O.o''

also the only time i ever played with items my friend was over and we yelled landmastah. a lot
dude i do that too >_>
And uh my friends and I spam posses when something amazing happenes

sg_06

Smash Rookie
I tend to accidentally punch explosives...
...and then I realized how manly that sounds. So every time I punch an explosive, I yell "Punch a bomb!"

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What kind of random things do you find yourself doing while playing with friends or by yourself?

Whenever my friends and I play FFA, we have this obsession about Mr. Saturn. We sort of view him as a good luck charm, that whoever possesses Mr. Saturn will win the match. Whenever someone breaks a box or capsule and Mr. Saturn pops out, we drop everything in a mad scramble for Mr. Saturn.

"It's Mr. Saturn!"
"I GOTTA GET MR. SATURN"
"Aw, Mr. Saturn! He's coming to save the day!"

That last one's from my girlfriend, but she says it in this really weird way that I've been unable to ever imitate. Eh. o_o

So! Does anybody have any little quirks that show up while playing?
In melee my friend always combo's mr saturn because he's a giant nose and my friend hates jews. He usually uses falcon I saw him pull of nair uair uair knee on mr saturn once it was awesome.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I molest the victim's sister.

True story.

Then I attack them with my animals, and stuff them in a tiny ball so when I am ready for them, I summon them via crazy japanese hoo-hah.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I move around a lot, like my physical self gets into the game. Also we have about 8 million inside jokes around where I am for Smash playing purposes.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Most commonly uttered phrases include:

"...Sad Day" (usually comes about when I somehow kill myself)

"KEEP TRYING PEACH! KEEP TRYING!" (when I parasol the wrong way, this also happens if I freakishly run out of Puff's with ...Puff. Really it's terrifying to be the most aerially mobile fighter and come to the realization that you're going to die for an idiotic reason)

"Oh PK Flash...why was Sakurai so mean to you?" (When I Accidentally use PK Flash, though after scoring a surprise Kill on a Samus coming from above...)

"FEAR ME AS I CHARGE AT YOU OMINOUSLY! ...waddle-waddle-waddle" (Only when I'm ganondorf)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
My friend george used to forward b off the edge with falcon a lot, so we named a failed forward b off the edge to suicide a ''george''

good times.

George doesnt suck at smash anymore though that was back when he first tried it out, hes 1337 now :p

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
I slow unclothe myself and rub my body against the winner then throw confetti around and dance to Madonnas greatest hits, But hey who doesn't. Am i right? AM I!

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Well, I play in a group of four, so when someone picks Pit or Ike, we constantly berate them while we play, while we eat, when we go outside...

Browny

Smash Hater
whenever im wario and i use his bite, inadvertently i say 'Om nom nom'
if ike, link or wolf is playing, i cant help saying 'YOU MUST RECOVER!'
when i grab someone as ness and theyre above 100%, a simple 'die' before a bthrow

im tragic like that :(

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
whenever playing, and someone gets mr resetti as an assist, everyone begins sitting through mr resettis rant

seriously, he's that awesome.

TheXenophobe

Smash Rookie
You learn something new every day. But yeah, considering I have many Jewish friends that was kinda...yeah.

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
Generally when someone plays a character more then 2 matches

'Gee, somebody sure likes <xxx> around here, why don't you play a real character, like Ike?'

(We consider Ike the easiest to play and most overrated etc and insults fly around when somebody picks him)

when i grab someone as ness and theyre above 100%, a simple 'die' before a bthrow
Same here, but generally do it with a lot of grabs i know will kill

We play with smash balls on just so people can eat a some crisps when someone has a shiny long final smash like Link.

Most of us also yell 'Hurr''etc when charging slow attacks like DeDeDe Fsmash or just general spamming an annoying move just for the fun of it

and general a lot of Yiff/Yaff/Schwaff when Fox/Wolf/Falco is picked

Thand

Smash Cadet
Let's see...

The second any of us lands a forward smash with Ike or Dedede (or just any really strong and slow attack in general), we have a tendency to shout, "BEEF!" or "BEEFY!". During the wind-up, the person doing it usually goes, "I... EAT...".

Whenever my Luigi-maining friend charges up his side-B, he starts raspingly humming the Inspector Gadget theme song.

Whenever I dodge a series of attacks, I make this hard-to-describe meowing sound after each dodge.

Whenever someone sees unavoidable death coming their way, they say "L"... the story behind this one is long, but it boils down to, "I effed up."

Whenever someone wins with R.O.B, they get up and start doing the robot while singing in binary code.

... I love my friends.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Quirks? Well, whenever a rolling crate appears, we stop fighting and take turns riding on it. We also picked up Walter the Bulborb, and Captain Gulpin.

There are also 13 things people yell at the character select screen, like "WE LIKE *lucas*"

23 we will yell in match, many involving captain gulpin and/or a sliding box.

Whenever someone picks up Bonsly, someone slaps their controller out of their hand and tells them to stop touching themselves.

If I knock someone off a stage, they're about to die, and I will win when they do, I'll jump off the stage after them and yell MARIAAAAAA ._. Yes, I make fun of the sonic series a lot.

P.E

Smash Apprentice
I always say sth like "you can´t beat me, I´m playing with 64bit power" when I´ve got exactly 64% damage.
This can be quite funny if you just knocked your opponent off the stage.

I also say sth like "we´re even, let´s stop the fighting!" when my opponent and I got the same amount of damage.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
Quirks? Well, whenever a rolling crate appears, we stop fighting and take turns riding on it. We also picked up Walter the Bulborb, and Captain Gulpin.

If I knock someone off a stage, they're about to die, and I will win when they do, I'll jump off the stage after them

i yell jiranimo or however the crap it's spelled

Top Bottom