• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question on determining placing

BasiltheBatLord

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this is frequently asked around here, but how would one go about determining their placement at a tournament where they didn't make it out of pools?

For example, I placed 9th in my pool at a 294 entrant tournament. What formula would I use to determine my overall placing?

Thanks.

MagnumMuskox

Smash Cadet
For single bracket tourneys, placements double in size every placement category. For double bracket tourneys it's the same, but you add a category in-between each one. So for each grouping from the top down, you double from 1 onwards, adding a placement in-between each placement that is exactly half-way. (but don't include 1.5 place)

So tournament placements are typically:

etc.

So your tourney would be considered a Top 384 tourney. If you placed last in the tourney, you'd be considered Top 384. You place higher than 17th in your pool, so you're at least Top 256. higher than 13th, 192. Up at nineth: I think you'd be in Top 128. So you placed 97th overall (because you didn't quite make it into top 96).

I might be really wrong about all of this, please correct me if I am.

Top Bottom