• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Draw cancel?

Urb

Smash Journeyman
My friend said that you can cancel out of quick draw by pressing your special move button whilst zooming foward. This could be useful for countering, but I can't seem to do tis seemingly easy task. Am I just not skilled enough to do it, or was my friend pulling a fast one on me?!

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
You friend must have read the Prima Guide.

Long story short; it's wrong, you can't cancel QD.

Learn the Grand Viper instead, it's the closest option available.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Dude if it did exist ike would be beyond godly
campers wouldn't be able to camp b/c it would be something like do the QD then cancel, shield projectile and keep moving forward

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
It's in one of the Ike guides around here somewhere. But Grand Viper is doing a QD charge that comes up just short of the target. It's a good mind game if you mix up fully charged QDs with ones that come up just short.

The trick to it though is you still have to come in range so you can attack after it. A QD that does not connect has no lag in finishing so you can immedietly move into a jab combo, utilt (or Ftilt imo, it's slower but it provides a lot more range). It's pretty good for baiting an opponent into shielding your QD but then coming up short to catch them off guard.

The name of the term is a reference to Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Grand Viper, from what I understand, is specifically whiffed QD -> UTilt. Personally, I think that whiffed QD -> jab is better, but if your opponent is coming down, then go for it.

Anyways, yeah, you can't cancel it :(.

Top Bottom