• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Attack Cancelling with Platforms

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYKqXyYZnA

Pikachu will fall through platforms immediately after Quick Attacking into one by holding down. On moving platforms, you cannot immediately act or you will not fall through it, but you can platform cancel. On stationary platforms, things get interesting.

On stationary platforms, Pikachu can act immediately after falling down, which allows him to perform an aerial immediately after landing from a Quick Attack. In addition, Quick Attack Cancels performed on stationary platforms do not require Pikachu to jump, making them extremely fast and allowing Pikachu to cheat RCO lag (by falling through at the end; Pikachu already suffered it because technically he already landed).

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
This is already known and IIRC, you still get RCO lag after falling through the platform. Lamb, Canadian Pika, uses this a lot. :o

Cassio

Smash Master
ATs tend to get lost and then reinvented, especially in regard to Quick Attack. There could be an entire guide related to ATs from the one move. Its cool to have the video though.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
This is part of what makes BF my favorite stage.

K Prime's right, you still get the RCO lag if you fall through. If you do it on a low platform, you might get a soft landing though, which could look like it's not there. (just taking a guess here)

Random question: Scenario: You QA to the moving platform on SV. If you got the timing for falling through but platform cancelling, would that be faster than just letting yourself land there? Cause I know platform cancels cut out that RCO lag.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This is part of what makes BF my favorite stage.

K Prime's right, you still get the RCO lag if you fall through. If you do it on a low platform, you might get a soft landing though, which could look like it's not there. (just taking a guess here)

Random question: Scenario: You QA to the moving platform on SV. If you got the timing for falling through but platform cancelling, would that be faster than just letting yourself land there? Cause I know platform cancels cut out that RCO lag.
It felt faster (not in the video, I'm new to Pikachu and still have fat fingers with his plat cancels so I only did it a couple of times off video... seriously pika's timing is way harder than other cast members) but I didn't measure by frame.

Cassio

Smash Master
Its sort of a trick, might be useful. It splits up the lag from the cooldown and the the RCO lag. So instead of X straight frames of lag, you have Y cooldown frames + Z RCO lag frames = X at separate times. I think its soft landing lag...not 100% sure. If thats the case it might be better to platform cancel on the platform after a QAC anywhere than to have a hard landing.

Top Bottom