• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions/Advice Thread

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Figured we needed one of these threads.

If anyone has any questions or needs any advice concerning ANY of the 1-P Modes feel free to post them here.

If anyone creates a new thread containing a rather simple question that could have easily been posted here I will lock it and you will be redirected to this thread.

April

Smash Rookie
When you use stickers to power up characters in Adventure Mode, how long do they last? Do they affect the character throughout the whole Subspace Emissary or not? I was just wondering, since after I added some stickers, they disappeared later.

Edit: Never mind, I found out what the problem was.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I can't for the life of me figure out how I beat Classic Mode on Intense without Continuing, using Ike, when I can only beat 7 waves of enemies as anyone else. How does that happen?

Cero

Smash Lord
I've already beaten target smash level 1 with Falco. Target smash level 2 didn't get unlocked though...

What gives? I even tried doing all the level 1 target tests for all the characters and I still get nothing.

EDIT: Nvm. Google finally told me.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How do I get the challenge get trophies for all characters? I have beaten classic and all-star with all characters and I even got all the pikmin...

Nickstorm

Smash Rookie
What is Wario's bike considered? Weapon, or [Specials: Direct]

Then what stickers would boost the power of Wario throwing his bike? Throwing, [Specials: Indirect], [ Specials: Direct]

gOld7

Smash Apprentice
How do you Trophify Tabuu on SSE?

I was on Intense Difficulty and tried twice, but failed.

Once, where he used his giant head, laser eyes and again when he was normal size and right above me, both landed but he basically twitched and then continued to **** me. Do you have to lower him to certain health, are we talking Poke'mon battle?

BSP

Smash Legend
just lower his health as much as possible, he has to be like near dead for it to work.

gOld7

Smash Apprentice
On the matter of Stickers being used in SSE

Many of my stickers have this for a power-up description - Special - Direct/Indirect

I'm assuming Direct means hand-to-hand (sort of) IEMKs Tornado Attack, Ike's Neutral B etc and Indirect means long range IE Pit's Bow, Link's Bombs/Boomerangs etc. Is this true? Because I wanna be sure I'm making the best use of these stickers. Thanks in advance.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I was thinking of making a "Newbie's Guide to Home Run Contest". It would provide really simple strategies that would help inexperienced players easily get scores of around 2000 feet with each character.

Sound good, or no?

Kantō

Smash Champion
I was thinking of making a "Newbie's Guide to Home Run Contest". It would provide really simple strategies that would help inexperienced players easily get scores of around 2000 feet with each character.

Sound good, or no?
this would be kool, as there are a couple challenges that involve the homerun contest and ive never seen any guide or breakdown of each characters home run abilities.:chuckle::chuckle:

i say do it!

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know of a website where players post their records for BtT and HRC? I know one existed for Melee. It might be the same website. Idk.

edit:

BTW, im talking world records here.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace

Sound good, or no?
That's Great !

You should do this guide. Why not ?

I recently made a guide about Boss Battles/Boss Moves. Would be really nice if we could have another good guide in this forum.

Make a guide can be stressful sometimes, but in the end you feel good about having done a good job.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I haven't searched all of the forums yet and are new so I'm sorry if this is being asked again, but how do I do the final Event on Event mode on hardmode? It may not even be a challenge, but I want it done... =/ It seems so.. impossible v.v

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I've already beaten target smash level 1 with Falco. Target smash level 2 didn't get unlocked though...

What gives? I even tried doing all the level 1 target tests for all the characters and I still get nothing.

EDIT: Nvm. Google finally told me.
just beat classic mode on a higher level.

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Can someone give me advice on how to get past the first hole in BTT1? (

In this picture, the hole I am referring to is located under the forth and fifth small blue target on the top left)

I've been jumping around the top and down into the other portion of the level as a detour; but I'v noticed that it really messes with my time.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hello ^^

I was just wondering if there was a record for boss battles, classic mode, all-star mode, ect. If there is then could you please tell me them because i want something to do and the best thing is trying to beat a record :)

walker935

Smash Rookie
I can't for the life of me figure out how I beat Classic Mode on Intense without Continuing, using Ike, when I can only beat 7 waves of enemies as anyone else. How does that happen?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
hey guys, I came across this video while being bored http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUc-E4deIk&feature=related can someone help verify? thanks
That's horribly incorrect. The computer was simply following his pattern of inputs and noticed repetition, which must have spiked the CPU's recognition. In the beginning, he was using short-hops excessively. The CPU noticed the short-hops becoming frequent, and it took advantage by attacking with SH attacks. The CPU's memory causes it to respond to what input is produced by the player, and the more the player uses the input, the more it contributes to the CPU's style of play. When CPUs run to the ledge, they've been given reason to believe that the opponent is attempting to survive, and they try to prevent the recovery with an attack. Due to the frequency that people TRY to survive when they go off the ledge, this is probably the most basic pattern a CPU understands.
It's also why CPUs will stop attacking each other and go after the single human on a large scale stage. You also have instances where you can walk past a CPU without being attacked, as provided in the video

I also disbelieve that computers retain information after every game. They adapt to the player's inputs and i believe nothing more than a few outside factors (like stages).

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I see thanks for the input. Just as a side question what is a good way to practice DI when you are alone?

Ege-Man

Smash Rookie
Has anyone ever been able to beat petey in SSE by doing JUST damage to him? Essentially breaking both cages at once? And if so, does anything specific happen or does it just default to "you saved [Princess]"?
If you use all your attacks on his head and just damaging the head, not the cages, then all the damage diminishes equally on both cages. When you defeat him this way, the princess you have saved will be randomly assigned. You can never save the two Princesses at once as one's survival and the other's captivation is necessary for the plot of the Adventure.

ammie

Smash Cadet
I got lots of green flags on the map. Does that mean I finished the missions? How do I know if I finished the missions or not?

Top Bottom