• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question regarding drill upsmash on peach

42nd

Smash Cadet
whats the deal with drill upsmash on peach? I invoke the spin spike animation on peach and by the time im done she gets the shield up. Any ideas regarding this, because this is godlike and really will help my game.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
It takes quite a bit of % for drill upsmash to combo. I don't have the hitbox info right now available for me to calculate it precisely, but it starts working at 62% on falcon, so somewhere near that range the earliest. Also since the upsmash will hit anyway if you land close to the peach, it doesn't matter at all which hitstun animation the peach goes to.

ludwiganders

Smash Rookie
Any character can go into the tumble animation but it works best with taller characters. All you have to do is a fast fall drill on the lower half of their body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ynH7mqqF4 Here is a video of dair to rest. Obviously you would just do an usmash instead of rest but the dair spike works the same. Short hop and doing the dair fast fall at the peak works. Or full hop fast fall dair at the peak.

Top Bottom