• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question: How do I remove name tags from CSS icons?

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I'd really love to remove the greyscale name plates (
MenSelchrChrNmS.033.png
) from the character select icons. You know, the ones that cover up a fourth of the character's picture for no real reason.
I know there's a way to make them invisible, and I've had them removed in my previous builds, but I can't seem to remember how to duplicate the effect now that I've upgraded to 3.0 (which is incredible, by the way).
I know some of y'all have done the same thing. Would you mind explaining how it's done, please?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
In common5, go to sc_selcharacter_en -> Misc[30] ->AnmChr->MenSchrFaceI_TopN_0 and change the nameEA7's Y translation to -100. You may have to also do the same for FaceG + nameEA5 and H + nameEA6, don't remember.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Mmkay. I've gone as far as editing the nameEA7 in the past, but that didn't seem to work. I may have simply made a mistake. I'll try changing the Y translation for the other two you suggested, we'll see how that goes.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
What exactly do I need to get from this common5 to put it in my own?

As I just spent a couple hours today adjusting my common5 to my previous build?

In your common5, go to sc_selcharacter_en -> Misc[30] ->AnmChr->MenSchrFaceI_TopN_0 and change the nameEA7's Y translation to -100. That's the only adjustment I made to this common5. If you do that, you shouldn't need the common5 I provided at all.

210stuna

Smash Lord
In your common5, go to sc_selcharacter_en -> Misc[30] ->AnmChr->MenSchrFaceI_TopN_0 and change the nameEA7's Y translation to -100. That's the only adjustment I made to this common5. If you do that, you shouldn't need the common5 I provided at all.
Thanks, it does work indeed.

Any idea how to get rid of the name tag on every CSP?
Or maybe have a version that is minimized like in Shun's old CSS?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I dont know if you can get rid of the names with a similar method as the icons, but theres definitely a way to remove the names by replacing each name image in the common5. I just dont know what youd replace them with. Id ask shun_one on how to change the name images properly or just wait for the next version of the grid and use those name images in his common5.

Gifted

Smash Cadet
NNID
QueenGifted
2 years, ago. But, maybe I'll be able to help.
To get rid of the actual CSP Names.
Common5 > Misc [30] > Textures > You'll notice MenSelchrChrNm.001 to MenSelchrChrNm.501
Those are the CSP Names.
Change them to something like:

And then you can do something like this:

Which you can add your OWN CSP Names.
And make them change. Do to them being ON the picture.
Use this, as a map of where to put the name:
the Black.

Top Bottom