• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Question: Does coop count for Classic 7.0 with all characters achievement?

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
I've done all the characters, but I think i must've done a couple lower than 7.0 in coop and have no way of checking which ones, or coop doesn't count...

Can anyone tell me if coop counts for that achievement? Or if there's a way to check classic records...

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
Yes, it does. I did this with a buddy and we got the challenge unlocked by doing co-op Classic mode. I want to believe this applies to the "Complete Classic on 9.0 without customs or deaths" challenges as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unless the challenge says "Solo", you can complete it in Group mode. For an example, clearing All-Star on Normal as Lucario can ONLY be done in Solo mode, as the challenge clearly says "Solo" in its objective. Whereas, clearing All-Star on Normal can be done in Group mode, as it's not a solo only challenge.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Yes, it does. I did this with a buddy and we got the challenge unlocked by doing co-op Classic mode. I want to believe this applies to the "Complete Classic on 9.0 without customs or deaths" challenges as well.
I did the "Classic 9.0 without customs" in coop with my brother.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
In some previous versions of Smash Bros. you could tell how many continues a character used based on the final digit of the score. Also the color of the Smash icon used to signify the highest difficulty you actually beat the game on.

Unfortunately this version changed that formula, plus the difficulty level on the character select screen is misleading, since it only indicates which difficulty level your highest score was on. You can now very easily score higher on a higher difficulty level without completing it in this version. As a result, it becomes more difficult to tell just at a glance. Thankfully Classic mode is much easier to hunt down which difficulty levels you beat with each character, compared to All-Star mode.

Just select each character, one at a time, press start, and look for that character's icon on the screen where you choose your difficulty level. That screen will give the true answer to which difficulty level you actually beat the game on with that character. Then you can exit back to the character select screen and repeat as often as needed until you've hunted them all down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom