• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about wavedashig

koopaKnight

Smash Cadet
When wavedashing must the R or L be pressesd fully or lightly? Because I noticed when I wavedash my shield goes big right after. I wavedash by pressing the trigger fully. Im starting to question my wavedashing.

Bazkip

Smash Master
It actually does... maybe its the project m that im using?
Are you using the wifi-safe version? In which case, I believe it does. But people generally use the full-set, and you should be using it too.

Last edited:

koopaKnight

Smash Cadet
Are you using the wifi-safe version? In which case, I believe it does. But people generally use the full-set, and you should be using it too.
Yeaa I was using the wifi safe version. I just did because I was playing online. I have the full set version also. I think that solves the problem. Thanks!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Air Dodges (and by extension WDs) require a full-press input. The reason why only the WiFi-safe version registers WDing on what is technically a "light-press" is because it isn't capable of registering the degree to which the analog L/R shoulder buttons are pressed down, so it can't differentiate between light-presses and full-presses. Instead, light-presses and full-presses are just lumped together as the latter.

koopaKnight

Smash Cadet
Air Dodges (and by extension WDs) require a full-press input. The reason why only the WiFi-safe version registers WDing on what is technically a "light-press" is because it isn't capable of registering the degree to which the analog L/R shoulder buttons are pressed down, so it can't differentiate between light-presses and full-presses. Instead, light-presses and full-presses are just lumped together as the latter.
Makes sense thanks for the input!

Last edited:
Top Bottom