• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about switching stages around

Xxx9234

Smash Rookie
I really don't like Pokemon Stadium 1 being demoted to an alternate stage, so I want to move it back to having its own stage slot on the select screen. I switched it with the HD Saffron city stage by swapping their file names (STGDXPSTADIUM_Z.pac <--> STGSTADIUM.pac) and I did the same filename swap with the .rel files, but the game crashes when I select either PS2 or PS1. Should I just leave the .rel filenames the way they are and just switch the .pac filenames? Will there be any adverse effects if I leave the .rel files the same?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
PS1's original slot is "STGDXPSTADIUM" which ps2 and ps1 both already occupy respectively.
You're getting freezes because simply renaming the rels doesn't work. You'd need to reconvert them for the new slots.
PS1 would need a rel meant for PS2 and Saffron (which uses Spear Pillar as a base) would need a rel for PS1.
You can convert rels on this site here: http://lakora.us/rel/

Xxx9234

Smash Rookie
Alright, I got PS1 working in the PS2 slot where Saffron HD was, but Saffron HD sitting in the PS1 slot crashes. On the converter page, I selected Spear Pillar in the base rel side, and Pokemon Stadium in the To Replace side. I wanted Saffron HD in the PS1 alternate stage slot, so I renamed it to st_dxpstadium_Z.rel, which I think made it crash. The converter doesn't account for alternate stages, so how would I fix this? Or can PS2 and Saffron not exist in the same slot?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
The "_Z" isn't something that affects the way .rels are converted. It just tells the Alternate Stage Loader to look for a particular file.

You actually need to convert a Final Destination .rel. Saffron used to use spear pillar as a base, but the HD version uses final destination, so that was misinformation on my part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom